Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - V/A Flip Out Vol. 4 (Agitato Records Dec 2005)

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

V/A Flip Out Vol. 4 (Agitato Records Dec 2005)

Trance2MoveU
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  50
Posted : Mar 9, 2006 00:02
This compilation was done by Guy Peled of Beat Hackers fame. Pretty cool cover, of this mask or robotic head. I also am fond of Agitato Records as their powerful style usually suits me. So let's see what is under the hood:

1. God of War- Toast3d Right into full-on mode with the swirling synths and driving hi-hats. A metallic hard lead pushes me forward violently right to a short break. There are a lot of sounds, but they fit well together and I am trying to soak it all in. A goaish lead climbs up the magic beanstalk, reaching ever higher, bringing me with it. I can see into the clouds! No rest for the weary, I just hope I don't fall through! We are not re-inventing the wheel here, but it is a nice, solid groover. 8/10

2. Do Not Move- Beat Hackers Icy pad and "Have you mentioned a problem?" sample. Steady bassline and a rolling synth line. I feel it is setting me up, buiding a strong foundation. Quirky bass at 2:45 and the "Do not move" sample. I could do without that. But now we are moving at the 4 minute mark Pretty good track to get you moving. 7.0/10

3. Nexus- Psycraft Tribal percussion gets funky and meets a F-A-T kick and bassline. We are building and then...POW! Right in the kisser. Acid, bitches! The power overwhelms me and I stumble. As I try to get back to my feet, I am assaulted with lasers! The firing stops. The short guitar riff comes back and gives a hopeless feel to the situation during the breaks. The power returns and drives me against the wall. This is good trance to move you. 8/10

4. Bendamin- Wizzy Noise Nice groovy start as I step into the room. Soundwaves pummel me, as I feel my jaw tighten. The onslaught is continuous and I cannot help but move my feet. I cannot catch my breath, and the power is awesome. Again, nothing groundbraking, but a great power track with enough sounds to keep you busy. 8/10

5. Shake and Freeze- Space Cat Fading in and out pad with a squelchy lead taking center stage. Holy shit it is 4:20! Sorry, just remeniscing. Short synth stabs and an evolving, tweaked lead join the show. High tones give an eerie feeling as it is all put together. I really like the melody at 3:45 as it has a sort of Depeche Mode quality to it. Very active now, and I do not want to come down from this. Really nice 2 minutes of this track. Great job Cat! 8/10

6. Next Level- S-range Robotic voice saying "level." The lead is frantic and it is a nice touch when it gets chopped up. No way...did I just hear Flavor Flav? That is some serious bonus points for having the Chutzpah to put that in there! Otherwise this track really doesn't appeal to me. 6/10

7. Majestic- Cyber Cartel You know what would go down good right about now? A nine minute Cyber Cartel track. What a coincidence! We start with some very pretty strings and a sneaky lead. We are most assuredly full-on with good psy. The flute is a nice touch along with the slap bass at the short break. Then a nice melody that Vibe Tribe would envy. Man, 6 minutes in and we are still going! The pretty strings are back along with that sneaky lead. I enjoyed this track. One might even call it epic with all the build-ups and break downs. 8/10

8. Aligatonic- Bio-Tonic Some Japanese speech, and a distorted sound bring us to a standard bassline. Various leads come in and out. A very spacey feeling, and this seems like one of Bio-Tonic's better tracks! There is plenty of psy to treat your ears, and it seems like old school goa melodies have their place here. Decent track! 7.5/10

9. Liquid Love(Beat Hackers Rmx)- Yahel Hey it's Paul Oakenfold! I hate singing in my trance, did I mention that? My ears have shut off as soon as I hear that, and it won't go away. There is still singing at the 2:40 mark so this review is over. I was hoping it would go away quietly, but how did this turd make it on this comp? 1/10

Conclusions: This comp is a powerful one, with plenty of sounds and good production. It sounds great, and with the exception of the S-range track(I have heard him do better) and that atrocious pile of steaming crap to close the set, I can recommend this CD. Pretty standard full-on, but well done for the most part. 7.5/10

I am going to walk the dog now.

Mdk
Acidhive
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  76
Posted : Mar 9, 2006 00:07
Beat Hackers and Toast3d suck again as usual. There are but few tracks on this compilation that make it even worth listening, but buying this is maybe going a bit far. You really, REALLY have to be fan or you must really be desperate for this kind of music. Otherwise, steer well clear and await some better compilations, or browse around on any musicshop to find something more worthwhile. Not a good release in my book, but it was to be expected when compiled by Guy Peled. I truly hate Beat Hackers and Toast3d with a vengeance. Sorry if I offend anyone, but that's just the way it is.
          "Subconscious unravels at the point of death, and all time it has known erupts into a moment. As death extinguishes us, so we become it."

[Esoteric: Subconscious Dissolution Into The Continuum]
Ganeisha
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  19
Posted : Mar 9, 2006 02:36

"7. Majestic- Cyber Cartel You know what would go down good right about now? A nine minute Cyber Cartel track. What a coincidence! We start with some very pretty strings and a sneaky lead. We are most assuredly full-on with good psy. The flute is a nice touch along with the slap bass at the short break. Then a nice melody that Vibe Tribe would envy. Man, 6 minutes in and we are still going! The pretty strings are back along with that sneaky lead. I enjoyed this track. One might even call it epic with all the build-ups and break downs. 8/10 "

For me this is THE music in this compilation. Just mind travelling music; turns the reality into a dream. Simply beuatiful.

Cyber Cartel you´re a genius
           life is short or to long so i can give myself the luxury of living it so bad.
----------------------------
http://www.magnetikagency.com
http://www.nexus-media.co.za
http://www.quest4goa.com
Bardak

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Mar 9, 2006 12:25
this is one of the best full on compilation that release so far.......i hate more of the crap that most israeli lables release.....this is pure goa!!
all tracks are very good with a kiler production.
& the track list speaks for her self!!

as for you acidhive try to open your years & not listen only to cheesy melow music that going around this days with the same elements!!
goa trance is not need to be only uplifting & etc.

some artists like you say toast3d & beat hackers have a own style & uniqe sounds....& this is what pepole love in this music!!! fresh,clean,creative & good vibes.
for me most of labels produce the same music in each compilation, THIS IS SUCKS, different names but all sounds as one track.
from all israeli jungle of labels HOMMEGA & AGITATO are the only ones who takes there lables in the most sirius & profesional way.
& i hope it will stay like that.
Acidhive
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Mar 9, 2006 16:30
Quote:

On 2006-03-09 12:25, Bardak wrote:
as for you acidhive try to open your years & not listen only to cheesy melow music that going around this days with the same elements!!
goa trance is not need to be only uplifting & etc.

You obviously see into my mind or something? How is it that you say I listen to mellow and cheesy music? You must know more than I do. God, I hate people that 'assume' this and 'assume' that. And then there's the fact a lot of you fuckers can't seem to handle any criticism when somebody comes around and doesn't throw flowers for the upteenth compilation full of the same sounds.

So Beat Hackers sounds original to you huh? Well, that's your view of things. I think they suck. And Toast3D sucks along with them. (It's by the same guy that's in Beat Hackers, DUHHH) And you know? It's MY opinion. Can't handle that? Well tough luck for you mate. Not everybody needs to like what you like. Get over it man, you now sound like a 5 year old that complains I didn't like his new toy.

While you're at it, why not return to school for some english lessons as well? Just a thought           "Subconscious unravels at the point of death, and all time it has known erupts into a moment. As death extinguishes us, so we become it."

Bardak

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Mar 9, 2006 18:07
acidhive,

first, if you have this cd or listen to it you will see that taost3d is not beat hackers. lol
second, as for your response....looks like you cant handle with criticism!!!

anyway.....have fun

bass system

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Mar 9, 2006 18:42
Quote:

On 2006-03-09 18:07, Bardak wrote:
acidhive,

first, if you have this cd or listen to it you will see that taost3d is not beat hackers. lol

anyway.....have fun

yes its true. beat hackers & toast3d are a different pepole.
& this is one of the bigest problem in isratrance most of members writing things without any facts or idea of what they are talking about.
just becuse acidhive dont like beat hackers he auto didnt like toast3d.
for next time do your homework!!!!
Acidhive
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Mar 9, 2006 21:51
Quote:

On 2006-03-09 18:42, bass system wrote:
Quote:

On 2006-03-09 18:07, Bardak wrote:
acidhive,

anyway.....have fun

yes its true. beat hackers & toast3d are a different pepole.
& this is one of the bigest problem in isratrance most of members writing things without any facts or idea of what they are talking about.
just becuse acidhive dont like beat hackers he auto didnt like toast3d.
for next time do your homework!!!!

Ok. Sorry, my mistake. I was confusing Toast3D with Trauma. Anyway, it doesn't change my opinion on this cd. You don't need all the facts right for music. Listening the music speaks for itself. I would be a real wanker if I said now I suddenly like the Toast3D track just because it is NOT by one of Beat Hackers. Music is music. Even if you don't know who's behind it, the feeling you get from the music should say it all. And in my case, it does. I know people love to diss me here on isratrance, but you can't diss me because I just don't like Beat Hackers, that would be stupid.           "Subconscious unravels at the point of death, and all time it has known erupts into a moment. As death extinguishes us, so we become it."

Trance2MoveU
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  50
Posted : Mar 10, 2006 02:18
Acidhive, I respect your point of view, as everyone is entitled to their opinion. There is no right or wrong when reviewing a CD, just personal taste. However, I don't believe that you should call people "fuckers" or demean someone whose english might not be as flawless as yours.

Mdk
punchorama

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Mar 20, 2006 14:34
great stuff over here killer track list.
one of the best full on cds ,great energy & power in all tracks.

my fav:space cat,beat hackers,toast3d,wizzy noise!!!! & cyber cartel!!!!!!!!!!!!(killer track)

10/10

Voice of All
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  48
Posted : Mar 20, 2006 17:01
its nice cd. filled with the spirit of beat hackers normally i do not like them too much 'cause of they are bit straight and not very deep... but there are some realy great tracks by this project and they surely have original style.

not all tracks in my taste but almost all worth attention.
personally i want to mark:
psycraft - nexus
great track. very good to know that project still has the power to do trance this style while their album has little bit new direction.
space cat - shake and freeze
just as always track by track space cat shows me that my expactating are full legitimated. it is exact style of psychedelic trance that i like very much. and im shoked with the fact that this man can do it without any exclusions just in every next track.
i want to ask somebody who is able to pass avi algarnati my message: "wow!"
cyber cartel - majestic
and once more time im happy to see that cyber cartel new tracks are getting better and better. two or three years ago i didnt like him almost at all but last compi tracks always hit the bull's-eye. intergalactic style is differ and i do not realy like it... it will be great to see new album of cyber cartel in this great style.

Spiritual guides are to practice and serve in ways that cultivate awareness, empathy, and wisdom.
Voice Project

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Mar 23, 2006 03:05
yes!!!! the cyber cartel majestic is one of the best track i heard for a long time!!!!!
great tracks on the flip out 4 killer full on tracks.
..::PsySacred::..
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  21
Posted : Mar 23, 2006 03:45
nothing special here except vic shefi's track
its really majestic track that produced by vic..keep up the good work my friend
and i hope guy getting better in next rlses and compiling any stuff,,
my fav : 3,5,7(!!),8
7/10
sketi

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Mar 28, 2006 07:11
are you serious the s>range track is fucking huge... heard it dropped on a morning floor (on sid) and it was farrkn EPIC
Get-a-fix
Getafix

Started Topics :  147
Posted : Apr 2, 2006 03:44
The cyber cartel track really stands out in this compilation..Overall the whole album is pretty good the last track is pretty cheesy though!!           http://www.soundcloud.com/getafixmusic
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - V/A Flip Out Vol. 4 (Agitato Records Dec 2005)

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance