Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - V.A. Enginewitty (Cosmic Conspiracy 2004)

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

V.A. Enginewitty (Cosmic Conspiracy 2004)

synaesthesia™

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Dec 5, 2004 03:14
Forget about the hideous cover for a second here folks. This is one ridiculously good album.
I didn't recognize any of the artists apart from SMO at first glanse, but of course that just appealed all the more to me. But there were some familiar acts involved, like Alfredo Garcia being 42nd Thought, and SMO out of Meelo.
The tracks are new and very fresh in style, but they all follow a specific path which makes it one of those discs you just need to experience from end to end, over and over again.
It goes from grinding progressive to twisted minimal and rounds it all off nicely with some tribalistic downbeat.

I predict a very sweet future from Cosmic Conspiracy. No label has tickled my senses like this since Crotus.

1. Diwata - Bansuri
2. Ozone - Get air
3. Weetbix - Flyzeyes
4. Alfredo Garcia - Planetensprengung
5. Anakoluth - Daswan dwar
6. SMO - Synthtom
7. Duendo Matka - Fred Flintstoned
8. SMO - Betrayal
9. Dr Molekule - English voodoo
10. Eric the Viking & Odo - I can't believe it's not Buddha

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/ccr/ccr1cd001.html
duyoush
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  164
Posted : Dec 6, 2004 02:50
I would like to know some details about this

compilation more then the track's list...

cheers           "The external world became changed as in a dream and colors became more glowing.When the eyes were closed,colored pictures flashed past in a quickly changing kaleidoscope.what had caused this condition?"
Albert Hofmann Laboratory Notes (1943)
synaesthesia™

Posted : Dec 6, 2004 05:05
Is there anything in particular you had in mind?

I've chosen not to go through every single track with details. To me, if I haven't heard an album, such information is just horridly alien, as you have no sound to link the words to. But let's see what I can come up with...

The label is stationed in New Zealand. It's the creation of local DJ Wizdumb. Style wise, the aim is to keep it on the more obscure styles of progressive. Minimal, and experimental psy.
There's actually another release coming up in a couple of months, and some other new names will see the light. I've heard rumors of a collaboration with Shadow FX.

The focus is on the fresh new artists and sounds, tributing originality, rather than what brings in the cash... And this is something you'll know by listening to it.
It's deep, and the construction comes across, to me, as strikingly intelligent.

Might be a bit on the 'serious collector's' side of things, but that all comes down to what your passion is. To me, this is very exciting, and I anticipate the next release greatly.

Producer Diwata is a local artist, stationed where the label is based. Uprising in dub, trance and tribal. Has an album released on Sonic Revelation Records as "Diwata -''Tribe".

Duendo Matka is from Mexico, and from what I've heard has some seriously freaky stuff flowing out of him. Twisted, grinding and lovely.

Anakoluth is a talanted young producer from Switzerland...

Ozone, from Weetbix, pumping some creepy crawling morning beats, with strong construction and great flow. Producing since 99 or something like that, as you may know since there's a lot of unreleased material floating around. He recently played at Earthcore a few days ago.

SMO is a dark soul out of Meeloo, if you're familiar with that (released on Froggle Records). Danish act, pumping some seriously stompy and twisted tracks. And I can understand why they put two of them on the album.

Alfredo Garcia is, from what I understand, a side project of Day.Din or 42nd Thought. I don't know if you're familiar with the promo collaboration between Day.Din and 42nd Thought, but it carries a slightly different version of "Planetensprengung". Also, there were two tracks on Mental Arts' "Uplifter Sessions vol.2".

Erik the Viking & Odo are both from the United Kingdom. I think Erik has been involved in Deamon Tea, and DJ Odo has been part of the Ambient Allstars. Played at Samothraki, Rainbow Serpent, Solar Eclipse and so forth.
Shithit89
Alfredo Garcia

Started Topics :  15
Posted : Dec 6, 2004 14:33
Thx for your positive thoughts about the compi...I am happy that you were pleased by it!

For info: alfredo garcia and 42nd thought are both projects of myself. day.din has nothing to do with these tunes, although he is a very good friend of mine and although we do many liveacts together. the old internet promo was placed in the net with traxx we didn't want to release...couldn't imagine that planetensprengung would be released...but in that way a new version, kind of rmx to the old track has to come up for the release...and now you can listen to the new version...enjoy!

look fo more releases?

www.savva-records.de
www.mental-arts.com

Greetz, ulf!
synaesthesia™

Posted : Dec 7, 2004 02:23
It was nothing. Thank you for the tunes mate.
I'll be sure to check those links out.
bluespectralmonkey
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  80
Posted : Dec 7, 2004 23:47
cant wait to listen....
          www.bluespectralmonkey.com
www.touchsamadhi.com
www.interchill.com
www.metacrew.com
www.nw-psy.com
synaesthesia™

Posted : Dec 8, 2004 12:42
Please share your thoughts on it in this thread when you do. I'm sure a second opinion couldn't hurt.
Anak
Anakoluth

Started Topics :  108
Posted : Dec 8, 2004 19:23
thanks for your words synaesthesia

big'ups to wizdumb and his droogs, great guys over there in new zealand!           Anakoluth A Pebble in Your Eardrum's Shoe since 2001!
http://www.myspace.com/anakoluth
http://www.ektoplazm.com/profiles/anakoluth/
http://cronomi.com
Shithit89
Alfredo Garcia

Started Topics :  15
Posted : Dec 9, 2004 16:33
another link for you, if you mangaged the other ones...here you see the review to the other mentioned compi "magic of the sun"...

http://forum.isratrance.com/viewtopic.php/topic/49999/forum/9
synaesthesia™

Posted : Dec 10, 2004 02:26
Anak, no discussion. I mean it. Thanks for the music!

Shithit, yes I've got that one coming in the mail, hopefully tomorrow. Seemingly a rather alternative project as well. Will be fun to hear!
Wizdumb
Tripinstumble

Started Topics :  10
Posted : Dec 13, 2004 00:49
Quote:

On 2004-12-05 03:14, synaesthesia™ wrote:
Forget about the hideous cover for a second here folks. This is one ridiculously good album.

Hehe Hideous cover art eh ?
(Its actually a huge textered painting done by local trippy artist Mike wilton....
granted a bit is lost in the graphic conversion.perhaps but ya gota see the orig.)Thank you synaesthesia for the kind words,its obvious your a being of great taste m8 (and well informed!!) ) lol.......though the cover artist is upset you called his work ''hideous'' an wants to know where you live !
Mega thanx , respect and big ups to all the talented artists! Anak ''Daswan dwar'' has allready permanently warped a few minds, and continues to haunt me Alfredo, your works are phat man, ill be looking forward to"magic of the sun'' On behalf of the all the other artists involved ,''Big Big ups to all those that injoy there works and who buy original music!!
Hope you guys will injoy the next Comp as much we do

Peace
synaesthesia™

Posted : Dec 14, 2004 01:25
I'm not saying the painting is bad, I'm saying a shot of that and some crooked MS Publisher '95 text is bad.
But with tunes like that, who gives a rat's ass?
I've got to give some criticism, right?

And you're very welcome, Wizdumb. I really look forward to the next release!
bluespectralmonkey
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  80
Posted : Dec 14, 2004 18:27
ok, its good!
i love the first track, great ethnic chill techno, check.
2. its nice techy intelligent with delays that space it out, a nice groove. and the guitar lends a warmth.
3. deep tech with a round approach, gets going and trippier thru the middle, big fx i like! and then picks up again for a nice perkyness and overall a real nice one ill be playing. "we intterupt this program to annoy you?" now that is unneccessary hehe.
4. reminds me a tad of some magnetrixx, its deep progpsy.
5. is a pumping psytech with some spacy details and gets acidy more as it goes . nice.
6. a bit more warmth here with some nice pads and vocaly sounds a buzzing prog jam.
7. fred flintstone comes by for a quick tweak... a slower pump with some serious weirdness. a few mind twisting changeups. great sounds. but the beat stops too much.
8. another more proggy flavor, deep and crisp. minimal ie just fx, drums, and bass but somehow a tune still forms.
9. this one has some funky elements and some weird vocal tripped sounds, and carries on nicely, would be fun to mix with...
10. this chill track has a sitar and some breakbeat @ 120bpm or so, with some nice waterfx in the back. would be good to drop in the right set. lots of different voices and carries through well.

nice compilation. i like getting some good techy tracks now and again, and these just all have something about them that makes them original.

would go well this month for me with permutations, klangbilderzeuger, ultrapop to name a few.
          www.bluespectralmonkey.com
www.touchsamadhi.com
www.interchill.com
www.metacrew.com
www.nw-psy.com
Ozone

Posted : Dec 15, 2004 01:38
Heya good to see this plastic finally get out and about... it was a long time waiting neh aviel ?;)
Been greatly enjoying alfredo G, Smo-Synthom and Duendo Matka. Also both chill trax are great.
Winnel (alias) played the alfredo tk early in his set at earthcore on main stage in morn.... saw more than a few move back towards the dance floor after a killer son kite set lol

Judging by the trax I have heard from the next compil contact lens there is some involuntary toe tapping to wtch out for ;P
captain caveman

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Dec 15, 2004 13:27
yeah, i was one of those who turned back! just for that track mind, there was some freq goin down elsewhere. The cover of Enginewitty gets the thumbs up from me as does smo's axe attack and erik the viking and odo's enterpretation of life as we know it.....
Guys, looking forward to the next comp. am sure i'll tap more than my toe!!! wo wo
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - V.A. Enginewitty (Cosmic Conspiracy 2004)

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance