Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - V/A - Electric Embryo (Yage Records 2005) CD

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

V/A - Electric Embryo (Yage Records 2005) CD

DeathPosture
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  142
Posted : May 31, 2005 02:00
V/A – Electric Embryo

Cover: http://tinyurl.com/8ojen (front) + http://tinyurl.com/cepgl (back)

Artist: Various
Title: Electric Embryo
Format: CD (jewel case)
Label: Yage Records (Sweden)
Cat. #: YAGECD01
Distribution: Wirikuta
Date: 1 June 2004

Track listing:

01. 07’22” Mechanix – Life Lines
02. 07’21” Toxic - Katarzis
03. 07’56” Electrypnose – 6th Debut Indux
04. 07’41” Baphomet Engine - Screams
05. 06’56” Wizack Twizack - Hallucination
06. 07’08” Psychotic Micro – Face of Fear
07. 07’13” Damage – Resurrection of the Nothing
08. 08’29” Dark Nebula – Melding Plague
09. 06’53” Procs – Jerry, Här Är Din Fremtid

Review:

Embryotoxicity…

An embryo is an animal or a plant in its earliest stage of development – and Electric Embryo is such a well-fitting name for this first compilation from Yage Records. This is a new label operating out of Gothenburg, Sweden… It’s run by a group of friends headed by DJ Bröte (Mikael Löfgren) who also spins this kinda music at parties… If you haven’t guessed it already by looking at the track listing, I can reveal that the style here is raging dark, hard night trance – and that tracklist sure looks interesting from where I’m sitting… And with mastering by none other than Tim Schuldt himself, I’m putting this on with an optimistic mind…

Let me take you thru the tracks…

#01: Mechanix – Life Lines
“Unidentified aircraft. You’re ordered to descend to 20.000 feet. […] You have ten seconds to comply… Repeat: Lower your altitude to 10.000 feet. This is your last warning!” Mechanix is Eldad Ben-Ezry from Israel… He’s a Yage Records label DJ and has already released a number of compilation tracks and his debut album Illegal Dance was released on Doof Records in 2003… He starts his track with an archetypical movie sample and within 30 seconds the bassline is kicking hard already… This is a darkish track, though with a melodic edge… I really like the neat little acid twirls that Eldad so generously has sprinkled throughout the track… Nice! Also the there is a certain drive to this track that I dig – it keeps building and changing direction… The break is particularly well executed! Overall a very nice track and just as with Eldad’s track on the Peak Records compilation Peaking in Tongues this is funky as hell!

#02: Toxic – Katarzis
Toxic is Alon Atias & Avi Aboresi from Israel who’ve released tracks on classic hyper trance labels such as Timecode, Nabi and Parvati … I was pretty impressed with the techy track on Psychedelically Yours 2 released last year on Parvati… And this track is very similar to that one… The intro is brutal here – almost gabbaesque and very spooky! The pace is incredibly fast and basically this is a wall of sound … No-questions-asked hyper-trance that will repulse some and makes others cum in delight… Generally I like it, although it’s a little too intense for home listening… But a good track nevertheless!

#03: Electrypnose – 6th Debut Indux
Vince Le Barde from Switzerland released his debut album Brain Stretching on ResonantEarth.com earlier in 2005 – and the Swiss wizard has also impressed me with his compilation tracks on Peak Records… As always with Electrypnose the sound is very unique – though darkish and eerie, it’s also very well-balanced and has squeaky melodic elements… Darkish, yet uplifting – squeaky and bubbling… Nice track!

#04: Baphomet Engine – Screams
Fábio Aurelio S. Japiassu & Luiz Fernando Secchinatto from Brazil both derive from rock backgrounds, but eventually found psytrance. The duo has released tracks on Alkaloid and Nabi Records, but this is my first chance to listen to their music… The bassline here is pretty static – but is supported by a strong array of digital twists and turns… I think this is meant to be scary, but the freaky screams the title refer to are only introduced in the very last seconds of the track!?… A decent track…

#05: Wizack Twizack – Hallucination
WT is Tommy Axelsson from Sthlm, Sweden and this is his first track ever released… He seems to have picked up the let’s-sample-The-Simpsons trend – and he does that pretty well… I like a little humour in psytrance, and Tommy does that well for a n00b… He’s also a talented producer with his rolling sequencing-work and distorted melodies… This track has a very deep, raw underground sound… When you close your eyes you can almost feel the Swedish forest trolls crawling up your legs… Could easily have been released on Trishula or Stoneage Records… Tasty!

#06: Psychotic Micro – Face of Fear
Psychotic Micro is Mickey Lellouche & Kobi Stavi from Israel… They’ve released a number of tracks as Psychotic Micro and they are partly responsible for the tracks by Psycho Talk, Catla and The Chemical Mafia… A couple of very productive guys indeed! This track is just what you’d expect from these guys – dark, gritty psytrance to be played during the darkest hours of the night… With all kinds of weird twists and turns to accompany the minimal bassline… The first half of this track is good, but for the last couple of minutes it tastes too much like Skazi for my taste…

#07: Damage – Resurrection of the Nothing
Though Dean from South Africa is also a Skazi disciple, I like this track better than the previous one… It still has too much fluff to score top marks in my cool-book, but there are interesting ideas here to justify repeated listens… For instance, I like the sample of the old Neverending Story track that pops up suddenly from out of nowhere… Funny! But as a whole, this is simply too hectic and has too many fluffy elements… Decent track!

#08: Dark Nebula – Melding Plague
“Invisible mutant, eradication, extermination, annihilation, invisible mutant, eradication, extermination, invisible, unstoppable...” Aussie Luna Orbit has also been very, very productive over the years – with four albums and countless compilation tracks… We’re dealing with a true darkpsy veteran here! I’ve always liked his style and this is no exception… I dunno what’s in the water supply downunder (Well, GHB supposedly…), but those Australians are producing some of the very best hypertrance around… And this is a very cool track too: it’s fast-paced, humorous, relentless psytrance with darkish elements and a ton of psychedelia… The computer-samples are funny and my overall impression of this track is very positive!

#09: Procs – Jerry, Här Är Din Fremtid
Procs is Mikael Stegman from Sweden and he is know for his extremely psychedelic-slash-weird tracks on Shpastic Elastic, BooM!, Digital Psionics, Altitude and Sonaton… And when I say weird, I mean weird… This track here strays very much of the beaten path – it even stands out on this compilation – the closest would be the Wizack Twizack track… This is extremely psychedelic, hectic, multilayered, unstructured trance… You can’t get much more underground than this! If I had to compare it with something it’s somewhere in between Finnish/weird Australia – with a big splash of Schlabbaduerst… The title translates into “Jerry, this is your future”… I foresee Jerry eating a 4.000 kilo shroom/LSD cocktail in the future – be careful Jer! …Very original, and very trippy!

This is certainly a very interesting first release by Yage Records – and this is a label I’ll look very much forward to hearing more from in the future. There are at least a handful of very good tracks here – and I’m sure even the tracks I personally like less will find their audience… Perhaps the general flow of the compilation is a little off at times, but generally I like it and I’m sure Yage will find its way once more experience is gained… A very solid foundation has been laid with this compilation.

The cover art kicks major ass, though the spelling errors could have easily been corrected with an extra proof reading… I will not hesitate to recommend this to fans of the darker/weirder realms of psytrance… If you’ve enjoyed Parvati, Trishula, Ketuh, Gi’iwa, Digital Psionics or Schlabbaduerst releases I’m sure you’ll find something here you’ll like too… Enjoy!

Favourites: 1(!), 2, 5(!), 8(!!), 9(!)

DeathPosture

External links:
Yage Records: http://www.yagerecords.com
Saiko Sounds: http://tinyurl.com/cm27d
Beatspace: http://tinyurl.com/7qjco
Wirikuta: http://tinyurl.com/b4x63
          On really romantic evenings of self, I go salsa dancing with my confusion...
Procs
Procs

Started Topics :  4
Posted : May 31, 2005 12:55
nice to see a review exactly the day 1 year since that track was made for jerry
Wizack Twizack
Wizack Twizack

Started Topics :  239
Posted : May 31, 2005 14:02
nice review dp! ya n00b

not my first release tho

bOm...           For Contact & Bookings:
Wizack_Booking@hotmail.com
www.soundcloud.com/wizack_Twizack
New Album Out: Wizack Twizack - IV (Ovnimoon Records 2011) http://www.beatport.com/#release/wizack-twizack-iv/387698
rajatrao2
Inactive User
Started Topics :  11
Posted : May 31, 2005 14:46
Yeah firstly Wizack Twizack has released two track already on "Va-Ctrl Alt Delete" both smashers .. Toxic-Katarzis is a killer and so is Psychotic Micro- Face of Fear with a good banging bassline and nice leads... Havent heard the rest, but it sounds good...Nice review once again...
Laterz...
Rajat
phobium
Phobium

Started Topics :  14
Posted : May 31, 2005 17:02
Nice review, I gotta check this one out           ________________________
www.phobium.net
http://phobium.bandcamp.com/

Posted : May 31, 2005 17:49
Quote:

On 2005-05-31 14:02, Wizack Twizack wrote:
nice review dp! ya n00b

not my first release tho

bOm...

Hehe... Dude - please accept my apologies for referring to you as a n00b... I had no idea and acted solely second hand info... I was in good faith... Really! I blame the freemasons... Or the forest trolls!?

DP           On really romantic evenings of self, I go salsa dancing with my confusion...
Wizack Twizack
Wizack Twizack

Started Topics :  239
Posted : Jun 1, 2005 18:06
hey, one cant know all.. np at all dude!!

u reviews rox!

bOm..           For Contact & Bookings:
Wizack_Booking@hotmail.com
www.soundcloud.com/wizack_Twizack
New Album Out: Wizack Twizack - IV (Ovnimoon Records 2011) http://www.beatport.com/#release/wizack-twizack-iv/387698
deadearth

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Jun 2, 2005 09:09
Great review i will buy this for sure!!
I was wondering about a review for the digital psionics new comp!!!
DeathPosture
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Jun 2, 2005 10:24
Quote:

On 2005-06-02 09:09, deadearth wrote:
Great review i will buy this for sure!!
I was wondering about a review for the digital psionics new comp!!!

Yeah, I was wondering about that one too... Unfortunately I haven't heard from Luke for a long time... (

Sorry for venturing off-topic here... But thanks for your positive comments guys... Much obliged... Loads and loads of reviews are coming from me over the summer... ;o)

DP           On really romantic evenings of self, I go salsa dancing with my confusion...
Rah
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  77
Posted : Jun 2, 2005 15:42
i want to get this, it looks veddy promissing           elementoftime.net
musique à la carte in mp3 & wav.

Sonic-energy.net
Reviews, interviews, downloads, articles.
Mat N
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  272
Posted : Jun 2, 2005 17:19
great review DP, this compilation is a nice surprise! maybe going a bit to a few directions (Psycho Micro as oppose to Procs). nevertheless, i really like it, my favorites are: 1, 3(!- this swiss guy has really intelligent music from what i've heard till now), 4, 7(!) and ofcourse 9 (!!- this track is the essence of psychedelic imo). good luck Micke
full_on
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  279
Posted : Jun 5, 2005 22:00
Mechanix - Life Lines is da bomb! Well used samples!

Good release!
Respect!           .
...Be gentle with the earth...
...Dance like nobody's watching...
...I don't mind not going to Heaven, as long as they've got Coffee in Hell...
mechanix
mechanix

Started Topics :  7
Posted : Jun 9, 2005 22:23
damn what a review DeathPosture!!!

good release by the new swedish label yage rec!!!

all the best in the future!

love&light from the holly city.

Yonatan_Shenkar

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Jun 10, 2005 02:13
One of the best CD's i've heared in some time.
Perfect Selection of tracks, amazing sounds.
Especially Mechanix & Damage.

Keep Up The Good Psy!

Shankar
*Karma Cola*
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  113
Posted : Jun 13, 2005 21:26
Good review as usual , u smart bastard

The Damage track is Soo good,... Boomchik Boomchik Boom boom Scratch scratch..( now say it really fast ) a great head nodder.

Mechanix has outdone himself once again, and i am fast acknowledgin his talents. Good producer..

Dark Nebula's track is gritty , car music.. when u dont really 'really' pay attention to the music.. Its just there and u glide along...

Psychotic Micro have slipped a bit i feel since their track 'Vampire Legend'. That was one helluva track and everythn afetr that has been ..ermm a lil less ??

Wizack Twizack is also one of my new favs.. Smooth track thsi one, just fills u up and floats one with a manic tune swirling around..

Was'nt a bad comp.. liked a few tracks very much..

~*** You can tell By the way i use my walk, Im a woman's man, No time to Talk***~
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - V/A - Electric Embryo (Yage Records 2005) CD

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance