Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - V/A - Doppler FX (Alchemy Records 2004) CD

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

V/A - Doppler FX (Alchemy Records 2004) CD

DeathPosture
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  142
Posted : May 15, 2004 19:03
V/A – Doppler FX

Cover: http://217.160.138.169/pic_b/alc1cd010_b.jpg

Format: CD
Artist: Various Artists
Title: Doppler FX
Label: Alchemy Records, U.K.
Cat. #: ALCD 010
Date: late April
Year: 2004

Track listing:

01. 06’55” Rinkadink vs. Protoculture – Poolside Killers
02. 07’48” Tristan – Cats & Fish
03. 08’06” Shift & Simba feat. Judah - Dubmention
04. 08’22” Exaile – Pitch Shift Case
05. 07’24” Sesto Sento – Name of the Game
06. 06’45” Broken Toy – Creature of da Wheel
07. 07’42” Dark Soho vs. Fatali – Around the World
08. 08’04” Intelabeam vs. Cyclic – L’eft by a Comet
09. 08’29” Fatali vs. Bizarre Contact – Psychedelic Emotions

Review:

Full throttle full-on with a touch of UK trance magic…

UK label Alchemy Records is out with another one of their critically acclaimed compilations… The never-ending collaboration trend is very much present here, and so is the Israeli invasion with more than half the featured artists being Israeli… Will this live up to expectations created by the dazzling Rinkadink album? Let’s find out…

Let me take you thru the tracks…

#01: First up is Rinkadink vs. Protoculture… The dust has hardly settled from Vana’s brilliant album ‘Rabbit From Darkside’ and now he’s back on Alchemy with this Protoculture collaboration… This is full-on! Poolside full-on … I’m not sure this is the stuff I’d play @ my pool, but that’s a different story all together… Constant changes in pace and rhythm, hard-hitting bass… Breaks and build-ups en mas – with all kinds of weird, twisted bleeps and acid belches and the occasional neat little melody… This has got the Vana touch for sure… Energetic track! ;o)

#02: “Dogs living with cats and mice sleeping with fish… It’s just wrong and I think we need to put a stop to that sort of thing!” Next up is Triiiiiistan… Oh yes, I can’t get enough of Mr. Cooke’s compositions… And he does NOT disappoint on this little gem… Smooth, groovy intro topped up by an übercool Shpongle-like vocoded voice sample… Very British, very cool! ;o) There are some really heavy underlying beats here, alongside a wicked, yet subtle acid line… So deep, so groovy – Awesome! Oh, and nerds shouldn’t be allowed to dance!

#03: The mystery of the disappeared dub! Now here’s Isr-alian Shift playing around with some of his buds… This is a pretty hectic track – it’s fast-paced with all kinds of melodies and FX twirling back and forth… Oh, and check out the very Analog Pussy-like voice sample… Maybe it’s Judah? Dunno… And I’m not sure if I like it or not… The music is pretty decent – without being revolutionary in any way… The second half of the track is better though… Decent track!

#04: Uhhmmm very tasty intro on this one!… Sweet psychedelic guitar action from Israel – kinda reminds me of the Infected “Classical Mushroom” sound… This is pretty standard full-on Israeli trance, though with some added value in the form of some nice guitars, a couple of cool climaxes and uh, yeah pitch shifts… Not bad, not bad at all…

#05: Wauw, this is one spacey track… Sesto Sento has already made quite a name for themselves on trance-floors around the world…And with this track it’s no wonder why… Maximum power full on with all kinds of psychedelic effects… Loads of twisted FX and more pitch shifts… Check out the crazy part @ 4’44 – Awesome! Stand-out track!

#06: Ultra-short intro with engine talk… And then it’s just eerie, industrial sounding full on with rock’ish influences… There’s a weird old high-pitched sound in here that annoys the hell out of me… I’m sure this will appeal to all the Chemical Crew fans, but personally I’m not too impressed…

#07: Ahh… Good old Dark Soho – and this time with neo full-on wonder Fatali… Style-clash really, but the outcome isn’t bad… Again, it is max power full-on, but this time with a slightly darker edge as always when Dark Soho is involved… The second half of the track is the best, where madness is just pumping away in the good old-fashioned manner… Sweet track!

#08: I had no previous knowledge of neither Intelabeam nor Cyclic… A what a shame that was, ‘cause they seem really talented! Again it’s blasting full on with loads of impressive effects… It’s all really bouncy and happy and this morning track left a big smile on my face… Very nice track!

#09: More Fatali, this time with Bizarre Contact…It sure is sunrise time now and the melodies queue up on this very blissful morning track… Classic Israeli full-on… The production is flawless, and it’s almost a little too well-polished… Generally, I like it though… Just take it for what it is; a light, fluffy morning track… Nice!

First of all, check out the very, very classy cover-art… I dig it! Generally I like this compilation… If there were a couple of more stand-out tracks, this would’ve gotten an even higher mark in my cool-book! For the untrained ear, the majority of these tracks will sound similar… And to a certain degree, they are similar… So I guess you could say “for a V/A it just needs to be more V!”… But then again, people would have complained if the tunes were too different. So of course it is a matter of taste… If you do not appreciate Israeli full-on with a touch of UK psy-trance, I’d advise you to stay clear of this… If you do appreciate it however, you’ll love this!

7.5/10

Favourites: 2(!!), 4, 5(!!), 7, 8(!)

DeathPosture

External links:
Alchemy Records: http://www.alchemyrecords.co.uk
Psyshop: http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/alc/alc1cd010.html (Audio samples available!)
Saiko Sounds: http://www.saikosounds.com/english/display_release.asp?id=4049
Chaos Unlimited: http://www.chaosunlimited.co.uk/cgi-bin/product.asp?LR=ALCD10
Trance-shop: http://www.trance-shop.com/de/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=3790&osCsid=290b1c2c438d6934e8b1ae1de902b3f3
Juno Records: http://www.juno.co.uk/IP/IF144621-01.htm
          On really romantic evenings of self, I go salsa dancing with my confusion...
keebota
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  44
Posted : May 15, 2004 19:22
hey man ..nice review about an nice cd

mostly all tracks rock the danceloor ...alchemy grows to an big label which fires one good rel. after the other ...

one of my favorite for sure ....rinkad vs proto,exaile,sesto sento , fatali , bizzare contact and many more ..all great .. i really love this style and i hope they keep it up ...brilliant compilation ... i hope the best for them in the future ...

my fav's: 1,3,4,5,7 and 9

nice greets from germany ...and have a good day bye tom
pr0fane
Multiphase

Started Topics :  418
Posted : May 15, 2004 20:01
Haven't heard it yet. Nice review as always, even though Shift is from South Africa as far as I know.           DJ pr0fane (Iboga Records) | Multiphase
www.sunrisesupplies.com | www.iboga.dk | www.soundcloud.com/pr0fane
DeathPosture
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  142
Posted : May 15, 2004 21:16
Ooops, yes Shift is indeed South African...

I stand corrected... Thx!

DP           On really romantic evenings of self, I go salsa dancing with my confusion...
SenstatuX
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  26
Posted : May 17, 2004 09:56
Really great compilation!
alot of smackers!!

my personal fav´s are
Exaile – Pitch Shift Case
Sesto Sento – Name of the Game
Fatali vs. Bizarre Contact – Psychedelic Emotions
Rinkadink vs. Protoculture – Poolside Killers

wourth checking out!           i live for this moment here...
Master Main

Started Topics :  9
Posted : May 17, 2004 23:33
this is a nice album man...
foot-e

Started Topics :  3
Posted : May 19, 2004 16:42
yes alchemy releases just keep getting stronger and stronger. favs so far 3 (i like the vocal)4,6,7. nice work
Shanegobi
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  46
Posted : May 22, 2004 15:33
Hey

Thanks for all your positive feedback and buying our releases, this is what its all about

Alchemy Crew
The H-man
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  11
Posted : May 22, 2004 20:50
hey guys

rip the flip all fine ????

i really love this comp. ...floorfiler for sure

fatali hit me with both tracks ...very groove fluffy and cheesy morning music ...i keep smiling if i hear music like this ...very spectecular production and so serious ... i hope they will rel. more stuff like this ... amazing music !!!!!

keep it up guys ...hope you feel the same on this one ! ...

bye and dont forget to dance when it is time

hannes

nice greets
breno.cps

Started Topics :  8
Posted : May 23, 2004 18:55
favs: first, and last track.

é nói na farda ae...

lol, i liked the description 'light, fluffy morning track'...

peace
Surrender
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  506
Posted : May 23, 2004 20:00
i like this cd very much. Tristan's track is so funny great usage of samples from the old timer here.
Sesto sento, which is usually not my cup of tea was awesome here, and pretty much every track is great, with dark soho and the intellabeam cyclic track standing out!

good job again alchemy.           "On the other hand, you have different fingers."
http://myspace.com/gadimon
OrenMos
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  27
Posted : May 24, 2004 00:55
A new compi that i got yesterday.
very nice, SA fullon. i really have to say that all of the trax r blasters!

The trax :
1. Rinkadink vs Protoculture - Poolside Killer (6:55)
2. Tristan - Cats And Fish (7:48)
3. Shift & Simba feat. Judah - Dubmention (8:06)
4. Exail - Pitch Shift Case (8:22)
5. Sesto Sento - Name of the Game (7:24)
6. Broken Toy - Creature of Da Wheel (6:45)
7. Dark Soho vs Fatali - Around the World (7:42)
8. Intelabeam vs Cyclic - Left By A Comet (8:04)
9. Fatali vs Bizzare Contact - Psychedelic Emotions (8:29)

- - - - - - - - - - -
BooOOooM Shiva! ...

Jhosten
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  28
Posted : May 25, 2004 06:34
all the tracks r pretty good , great v/a , congratulations alchemy crew           Union Records - PT
scraper
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  10
Posted : May 26, 2004 01:10
What pissed me off is the Dark Soho track, it's just not as good as it could have been if DS did the track by themeselves. DS and full acts should never work together.
MaRcELo_-_PsY*TrAnc`E´
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  11
Posted : May 26, 2004 02:04
For me one of the best compilation of 2004...killer artists and their best productions in this year...
My favourites: alllllll the tracks!!! (just kidding!)
1. Rinkadink vs Protoculture - Poolside Killer! u can fell both artist's hands working hard on this track..specially rinka's style!
3. Shift & Simba feat. Judah - Dubmention (8:06)!! Wow..wow...what a amazing track! the dub sample is out of mind!...and i never think that a track will be diferent when u put a dub sample! Q viagem!=)
4. Exaile - Pitch Shift Case (8:22)...i like more and more exaile's style...and i'm waiting for their new album..that will rock the psytrance history!!! exagerei !
That's it!
Congratulation alchemy crew

Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - V/A - Doppler FX (Alchemy Records 2004) CD

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance