Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - V.A Deep Fried ( Rudraksh Records ) CD 2007

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

V.A Deep Fried ( Rudraksh Records ) CD 2007

Braindrop
Braindrop

Started Topics :  140
Posted : Aug 30, 2007 02:35
Rudraksh Records is the brainchild of Dj Shivamoon and is one of the most promising labels to come out of south India. Deep Fried is their first release. Lets check it out.

1. Concept - Electro Undulation

Arnaud has been constantly been releasing tracks on various labels in the past couple of years. He quite caught my attention when he first released his album on fungi records and later this year with an another excellent one on 3d Vision. the track starts of with a sample and his trademark bass and kick sets in pretty soon, followed by some nice percussion and atmos. Trippy water drop kinda fx follows all around and a nice lead sets in at around the 3rd minute. The track beuatifully progresses in towards the last few minutes and thts when his trademark leads comes in and towards the end its just free flowing. Beautiful twilight opener!

2. Phyx - Fatality.

theres no need to intro Phyx as we all know he is one of S.A's most prolific acts since ages and part owner of Timecode Records and one of my all time fav acts. The track samples with an eerie sound and very soon starts with a very fat bass and kick. A very nice use of a sample with a gated fx. Pretty soon the mood of the track changes with a really teasing lead. The track follows on in a nice mood and settles in an early breakdown in the 3rd down with a nice lead. But then slowly picks and at around the 4th minute a really powerful lead kicks in and from then on the track is on full throttle. this track can leave u begging for more. Another beauty from the S.A master!!!!!

3. Tryambaka - My dark angel

Tiago is one of portugal's amazing talents. He had really caught my attention early in the days when i used to hear his tracks on beatbiz.net. He blew us apart with his set in Dubai recently; The track starts with a few airy fx. Nice tight bassline and strong fx and have now become his signature sounds. in around the 2nd minute those amazingly strong melodies tht he is known for comes in. A sample follows and very intelligent use of fx; more gothic and powerful leads accompany. Around the 4th a very disturbing kinda sound is introduced, and by disturbing i mean nothing bad, but something tht has been brilliantly done. Phased beats follow and then the track really starts to kick in
followed by an intelligent use of samples and after that it just explodes into those haunting melodies again. If you like acid ridden morning style then u shldnt miss this one!

4. Shift vs Abomination - Aftermath

The track begins with a lead and filtered beats leading to a sample which i believe is from Underworld 2. soon the track starts with a regular new nexus style bassline and kick. a nice lead is introduced and the track gets going on nice with the same lead and some accompanying leads. Around the 4min a sample comes in again with some real nice distorted kick/buildup and a pretty nice uplifting lead. Unlike the Vs. (shift vs abo.), the lead sounds more shift than abomination. have heard better from these 2 artists. comparativly this track is a small letdown compared to the previous ones. but nevertheless a nice track.

5. Abomination - Pusherman.

The track opens a very beautifully crafted lead which changes in a very mistimed manner. In comes soon, a very strong lead followed by a tight bassline,kick and some nice percussion. In comes a very powerful guitar like lead. this sounds really energetic and simply stuns u with the kinda energy with simplicity tht these guys implement in their tracks. tracks keeps goin strong with some more nice leads. And then a short filtered verse followed by tht superb lead again.It still keeps ringing in my ears!
Superb track!

6. Neuromotor - virtual reality

In comes french stalwart Fred with his mechanik and intelligent style. this ones more of an early morning groovy style track.
With a nice groovy and bouncy bassline. Some real nice beautiful leads i nthis track to start with. Around the 3rd min comes more of these leads building towards a pretty intelligent full-on style lead. this track reminds me of some old skool melodies and happy moments at Anjuna . not too much to my liking this style. but nevertheless a nice floating morning track.

7. Delysid - Rajasthan Army rmx

Here comes the mofos (hehe) from Brazil with their brand of twilight/full on style of psytrance. Nice juicy trademark style leads open the track gradually progressing in different variations. It feels at times tht their tracks are predictable and at the same time they hit u pretty hard as well. Nice dancefloor friendly track though with driving leads and those heart stopping breaks they r known for.

8. I-Dna - Psycho Bitch

This is the first time i am hearing this project and if im not mistaken this is his debut. I-Dna is Andreas Brockshus from Germany. A nice opening with some airy atmos,small melodies and then quickly comes in a old skool style bassline with some beautiful melodies to tease you and play with ur mind. I really liked the way how this track is structured. towards a sample with a kid laughin is brought in and then "5,4,3,2,1.. all systems go, we have lift off" .. the track goes off into a nice rolling bassline. Interesting leads follow and towards the end the inital leads are brought in again. Overall a very fresh old skool sounding track. Very nice indeed! Lookin forward to hear more from this guy.

9. Audialize - Contact

Last but not least, we have audialize rounding off this compilation with his brand of hi-tech intelligent and powerful morning music with indian influences. Nice opening pads followed by some nice percussion. 2 minutes into the track in comes the flutes and groovy leads set in with a short break. Further ahead few more leads accompany towards the breakdown of he track and it slowly builds up wth nice melodies and trademark leads of audialize. the track sets in very well by now with a very strong guitar like leads accompanied by the flutes once again. Once again, some parts of the track cld have been better. But tis wld please any morning psytrance lover!

All in all a very well compiled release with some splendid tracks and as always exceptional mastering by none other than Artifakt@ TimeCode Studios. i pretty much liked the concept of this cd of gradually moving from twilight to morning sounds.
Hats off to a good compilation Shiv!
Waitin to hear the next one.

Favorites : 1,2,3,5,8

www.braindrop.in
daksinamurti
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  94
Posted : Aug 30, 2007 04:11
Thx for the review           www.sangomarecords.com
https://www.facebook.com/Djdaksi
Braindrop
Braindrop

Started Topics :  140
Posted : Aug 30, 2007 05:21
Quote:

On 2007-08-30 04:11, daksinamurti wrote:
Thx for the review

No worries mate
          www.braindrop.in
Rudraksh Records
Rudraksh Records

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Aug 30, 2007 10:12
Thanks mate that was a really nice review. Its good to read a review from a producers perspective. Hope to see you writing more in the future. Glad you enjoyed the cd!
Regards from all of us at Rudraksh!           ********************************************
VA " Deep Fried " Compiled by DJ Shiva Moon out in stores now!
VA Ahimsa double CD compilation coming soon!
VA Fry or Die under construction!
www.rudrakshrecords.com
hallucinator
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  63
Posted : Aug 30, 2007 16:58
cant wait to get this compilacion
i know that its coocked to kill the dancefloor
wish all the best for rudraksh rec.. and for all artists involved..

i really was stoned when i heard tryambaka`s track.. ( thats why he`s my fav artists )
i feel very good that i helped for this one !

Respect & Support as always
u know Daksi

lets wait for another shit ( Fry or Die )
          Hallucinated Neighbour / Silent Existence
http://www.ektoplazm.com/label/silent-existence
Sunai

Started Topics :  7
Posted : Aug 30, 2007 20:43
great compilation by daksinamurti.Tryambaka-my black angel is very special!all the best!
daksinamurti
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  94
Posted : Aug 30, 2007 22:44
thx for the nice words ... but the cd was compiled by my buddy shiv aka dj Shivamoon who did an excellent job ... i just was a helping hand on this one...
watch out for more news soon ...
          www.sangomarecords.com
https://www.facebook.com/Djdaksi
OIL
Oil

Started Topics :  243
Posted : Aug 31, 2007 01:46
nice review for a nice selection
thx for all your support
cheers my buddies Daksi and Shiv
Meta-Morphosis
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  216
Posted : Sep 1, 2007 13:50
Nice music by I-DNA, Shift, Abomination and Phyxx

Great V/a overall            “What we need is the development of the Inner Spiritual man, the unique individual, whose treasure is hidden in the symbols of our mythological tradition and in man’s unconscious psych.” - CJ Jung
squirm
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  254
Posted : Sep 3, 2007 20:58
killer cd! nice review for this great cd. certainly one of the top 10 twilight cds this year. just irritated that i couldn't get myself to finish my review for this one . hehe. anyways my luck to shivam00n n daksi, looking forward to fry or die!
-angad           www.soundcloud.com/ishikawa
www.mechanikrecords.com
www.phonix-records.com
www.mixcloud.com/ishikawa/
mikeonacid
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  78
Posted : Sep 6, 2007 20:16
nice compilation

i really like abomination delysid Concept

but the best for my taste is Tryambaka spooky one!!!           http://www.noizeconspiracy.com

Combat - New Generation
VA - Greekedelia
VA - Endangered Species
Psychotic Micro - Edge of Sanity
VA - League of Shadows
Delysid - Noize Infection
VA - Twilight Vision soon...
dj_horizon
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  16
Posted : Sep 6, 2007 20:29
wicked comp, definately gonna play these tunes in canada. all the best for ur label           www.twenty4seven.cc
Zion Llinguist - MMD Rec.
Zion Linguist

Started Topics :  12
Posted : Sep 6, 2007 23:12
Very cool VA .. well done Rudraksh !!! Fav tracks are def the phyx and the unbelievable tryambaka track.

Really looking forward to the next one

PEACE !
          http://www.myspace.com/zionlinguist
Andrey
Inactive User

Started Topics :  62
Posted : Sep 7, 2007 15:23
Tryambaka's track is masterpiece           Sea>Israel>Ben-Gurion>Tel-Aviv>Ramat-Goa>Marom Neve
is this pure reality could we be led?
25500 NIS for 1 hour DJ set
30500 NIS for 45-50 minutes of Live~
sHiVaMoOon

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Sep 8, 2007 10:20
Thanks Karan, Angad, mike man, horizon, laurence and andrey! tryambaka's track is awesome, he was the first track we selected for this compil and we hope to release many more of his in the future! i'm a big fan of his mad melancholic music           (Rudraksh / Amaris records)
VA "DEEP FRIED" compiled by Dj Shiva Moon out now on Rudraksh Records!
VA Ahimsa double cd compilation out now!
VA " Fry or Die " under construction!
www.rudrakshrecords.com
www.amarisrecords.com
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - V.A Deep Fried ( Rudraksh Records ) CD 2007

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance