Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - V/A - Acidsport (Vertigo Records 2006)

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

V/A - Acidsport (Vertigo Records 2006)

Bloodclot
Bloodclot

Started Topics :  93
Posted : Feb 18, 2006 09:40
Taking a look at the artists featured in this compilation, previous releases from these artists need not be dwelled upon. Artists from all over the world have contributed to this compliation. Lets have a look..

Review.

1.STEREOGRAPHIC - Planetary Point
Stereographic is a psytrance producer hailing in Brazil and goes by the name Andre Santana, who starts off this sporty compilation by making you wish you'd fasten your seatbelts. This track gives you that dimensional effect .. with occasional pauses with quite a few twilight samples. Quite an ok track, was hoping for more energy..

2. OCELOT - Jungle Disco 23 (RMX)
Lot of Ocelot tracks been seen on various compilations.. and he yet has not been disappointing. This track starts of with a nice phat bassline and progresses with nice melodic tunes.. Ocelot manages to keep you under his spell.. "I want freedom" .. The soounds almost come alive like geomatric patterns. Left me simply amazed, one hell of a track.

3. PENTA - Looking Great.
Russian-born, American-based producer Nikita Tselovalnikov is indeed looking great in this compilation.. starts this track off with flute samples with an eerie chilling sound..with a steady and yet powerfull bassline to support it.. Penta known for his amusing samples from his previous album adds a hint of humor with the sample in this track.. Very nice refreshing track .. I'd love to hear this one play at sunrise.

4. SILENT HORROR - Atheist.
Silen Horror is Jigar Shah from India who's been releasing tracks on lots of compilation and also has an upcoming album in store which is to be released by Devils Mind Records.. known for his acidic sounds, this tracks starts off with "Do I look like someone who cares what God thinks?" .. followed by a trancing ringing sound..4 minutes into the track and there is an acid explosion with sounds the play with your mind.. Altho I love what I'm hearing, but a little variance in style wouldn't hurt.

5. SYTAX ERROR - Bitmap Bugs.
A side project by Jaffa from the famous duo G.O.W .. he explores the world of heavy night music .. bringing you something to run from! This track is heavy indeed, perfect 3am music which doesn't cease to play with your mind, a perfect dose of psychedelic ingredients which keeps you searching for answers. A little to intense for home listening, still one helluva solid track.

6. FURIOUS - Paper Seed.
Don't have much information about this artist except for the fact that he's based in Russia. This track begins with a turbo boosted engine just about to shut off.. with a rather prominent and mellow bass in the background .. I didn't quite really get this track, alot of sounds and synths.. didn't seem well placed to me..didn't like this track much.

7. TERMINATOR - Scary Boubles (Dark RMX)
This track was made by the late Zolod also knows as Viktor Zolotarenko. This track reminds me alot of his previous releases.. nice chunky bass along with alot of drum samples used in this track.. giving it an arena effect.. again this being easy on the ears and quite mellow..never the less this track gives me a message of peace and tranquility.. and good way to remember Zolod by.

8. DEJAN - Kikabassa.
Dejan Mihailovic is a French producer but I haven't been to fond of this fella's music. Known for his infamous screeches, squeaks and bleeps.. this track has some french samples in it .. added with some industrial sounds .. nice track.

9. ENCEPHALOPATICYS - Process
Encephalopaticys is Vasko Velickovski from Macedonia.. "We never paid any head to the ancient prophecies. Like fools we clung to the old hatreds and fought how we had for generations" ... followed with sprawled energetic noises.. and nice bassline. The changing basslines or lead is what really raises an eyebrow here.. superb variation and all sounds very nicely placed. No time to think.. simply one of those tracks you'd love to lose yourself into.

10. ANALOG EXPERIENCE - G-Force (DarkPsy RMX)
Darkpsy is Jonathan from Portugal. I've been a keen follower of this project and was pretty impressed with his latest release, Darkpsy - Fear.. this track starts with some smooth sounds.. mainly focussin on the bass... which is heavy but just right. He's used quite a few sounds from his old album.. but nicely cuts it off with a sample from the keyboard, which somehow reminds me of a circus clown performing his tricks with an evil grin. "Let us, let us host your pain" .. all you can expect is sheer carnage falling straight down into your face, from here on everything is pushed up a notch.. teasing you with small passes and repeats.. but it isn't the end.. all the sounds from the keyboard, to the samples he's used in his previous album come crashing down on you..mind feels lost.

Another amazing release by Vertigo Records. This compliation brings out mixed emotions of serenity in some tracks, acidic noises and just pure carnage! Overall this compilation is packed with dancefloor tunes, certainly a treat for any DJ to have their hands on. Vertigo fans will not be one bit disappointed with this one.

A few of my favorite tracks have been 3,4,5,9,10**

Can be purchased from:
1. http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/ver/ver1cd007.html

2. http://www.saikosounds.com/english/display_release.asp?id=5477

Syntax442
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  12
Posted : Feb 18, 2006 14:04
Good review!!
but cd isn't so good
SofiaX
SofiaX

Started Topics :  22
Posted : Feb 18, 2006 17:19
Really great compilation
specially ,for my ear Silent horror tracks is great !
Boom bolenat to vertigo crew           www.myspace.com/djane_sofiax
http://spaces.msn.com/sofiaxfairy
www.magnetikagency.com
Mental Cruelty Records
www.moonsun-records.com
www.geomagnetic.tv
www.psybertribe.org
www.insomnia-records.ru
www.discovalleyrecords.com
Rah
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  77
Posted : Feb 18, 2006 18:19
i just got mine today and the walls have been rumbling and tumbling down... i seem to be liking the other tracks you didn't pick up on bloodclot... taste is taste huh... review up soon...           elementoftime.net
musique à la carte in mp3 & wav.

Sonic-energy.net
Reviews, interviews, downloads, articles.
DiMiTry
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  70
Posted : Feb 18, 2006 21:39
finally a departure from the same old basslines, the dark sound is evolving, this is interesting, fun stuff.

more later..           ..it's just another party..
andonis
IsraTrance Junior Member
Started Topics :  28
Posted : Feb 19, 2006 01:09
Nice compilation. Liked most of the tracks and mainly Furious, Syntax Error, Ocelot, Silent Horror and Terminator tracks. Vertigo is on the up and this one doesn't fail you overall. The flow could have been better imo but there are enough good tracks in there as said.
Leo Atriohm
Atriohm

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Feb 19, 2006 01:23
Vertigo doing great job!!

FAV:

PENTA - Looking Great(yeeeeeeeee)

SYNTAX ERROR - Bitmap Bugs(cool)

TERMINATOR - Scary Boubles (Dark RMX)(forever)

Mute
IsraTrance Full Member
Access Gremlin

Started Topics :  51
Posted : Feb 19, 2006 09:29
very nice comp from the Vertigo crew , tnks to Tony for putting such a nice looking compilation

My favourites are
Syntax Error and Ocelot !!!!
Meta-Morphosis
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  216
Posted : Feb 19, 2006 17:00
I liked very few number in this comp

Terminator , Analog experience are my fav here

Didnt like silent horror's track very different approach otherwise fast and furious to this one by jigar shah.            “What we need is the development of the Inner Spiritual man, the unique individual, whose treasure is hidden in the symbols of our mythological tradition and in man’s unconscious psych.” - CJ Jung
insane
Silent Horror

Started Topics :  67
Posted : Feb 20, 2006 18:59
All artists have made smashing trax ...
too bad i dissapointed a few

thank u sofiax for ur good words

Bloodclot and El es dee - hope my new rls's will be upto ur expectations.

compilation on the whole is full of energy.. Acidic sport!

booom!
Rattamahata with fluoro-stick

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Feb 20, 2006 20:16
Great comp, Furious's stuff is one of my fav, waiting for his full album.
High Pulse
Darkpsy

Started Topics :  57
Posted : Feb 20, 2006 22:10
info , this music was made midle 2003 , so the sound used on it , were used first than the first album the music was released a bit late , but shes not a recent music , crazy one , but not the music like shes now !!!!

get ready for new darkpsy album at www.sinrecords.com site available very soon

and all infos also

boom to all           "HIGH PULSE" AKA FUSION OF DARKPSY PROJECTS
http://www.myspace.com/highpulsemusic
http://www.beatbiz.net/artists/High-Pulse <- musiC FOR SELL.
PSYTOUR-night oracle recs
Psytour

Started Topics :  14
Posted : Feb 21, 2006 09:50
we want more compilations like this!!
keep going tony + sergey : good:

*Night Oracle Records
www.night-oracle-records.com

*Vertigo Records/Indigo Recs
*Femina Mandragora/Rhakti Dei
metus

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Feb 21, 2006 16:37
I'm geting my copy today for sure
cann't miss this one!!!!!!!!!
thanks everyone for great work           Awake!!!!!!!
bamboom

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Feb 27, 2006 00:51
Amazing compilation Vertigo
Keep on working in this way
My favorites:Penta,Terminator,Ocelot
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - V/A - Acidsport (Vertigo Records 2006)

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance