Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  India - Universal Religion - Mountain Madness 2011 - Reviews

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Universal Religion - Mountain Madness 2011 - Reviews

oMcyLOm

Started Topics :  9
Posted : Apr 21, 2011 11:53:41
Please share your experience, thanks !!!

~~Co-Creator of A Ritual~~
punk tantrik

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Apr 21, 2011 15:31
& so everyone danced

NICE...           Ppl with gUns don`t understand!!!

thats baSically the reason why they keep gUns..............too many misunderstandings:)
x psyle

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Apr 21, 2011 19:57
Nice way to bring in the summer..writing a party review after a while as this deserves one..
Going back to pokhra after a couple of years ...its beauty is forever etched in ones mind.. reached the location early and had the chance to help out with the deco which was amazing..very organic..flowy..appealed to both the daytime dwellers as well as the midnight freaks..Good one carine..the deco throughout the venue was amazing..including the chill lounge.

The apprehension i had about the festival happening in a resort was laid to rest as soon as i saw the Main stage with its picturesque backdrop of the Majestic Annapurna range..Also ameneties such as warm water,clean loo,warm beds and a beautiful room with a view are luxuries that are usually not synonymous with 3 day outdoor gatherings..this was money well spent(my apprehensions were confirmed when on the second day it started raining and then hailing! ) The resort itself was very expensive although the crowd was handeled well and the things ran smoothly.There were a few glitches like music going off for a bit etc. but nuthing too serious. Good Job Guys!!

Now getting to the point.. 16th morning was mostly spent with friends in the chillout lounge which had a nice vibe with again a breathtaking view of the himalayas..the actual patio was on the edge of a cliff and decorated vibrantly..spent a lotta time here during the afternoons and evenings .. Good times:-) So finally reached the dancefloor around 1 am just as highko was closing shop with his signature style glitchy jumpy music which the people highly appreciated.

Next up was brian as keroscene club.. brillliant stuff ..personally love his music so it was fun to see how he brings in his own tracks and experiments with others..good nightime dance music..with a couple of tracks from demented tribe begging for recognition..all in all a kickass set by the mumbai maestro..

Following him was arjuna..another tight proper hardhitting nightime parvati style forest sounds..nothing fancy..but very consistent with the story he wanted to tell..well placed set and perfect for the time..another masterpiece from him.

What followed was one of the major motivations for my journey to nepal.. Ajja leu started his set in proper peak record style taking it slowly,nothing drastic..melting merging sounds with quirky samples a phat bassline which sets the stage for mindless stomping as well as visual extacy..his set was full of surprises with him bringing in old samples from tracks like peripheral vision and completely deconstructing it to create newer sharper sounds..appox 4 hours of bliss with non stop dancing..his energy oozed out of the decks and it was exactly how i thought it would be and more.. Thank you:-)

After this feet started giving away so had to catch up on sleep and also the breakfast buffet was only open till 10 hehe

Next evening was spent in the chillout area where evntually everyone gathered as it was hailing outside.. the person playing music from his laptop suddenly gained a lot of importance as people eagerly looked at him for some footstompers..he held the crowd for a while but there was only soo much he could do..sweet guy anyways.. Thanks

The second night strated with Tadashi.. this man for me was the surprise package.. very tight n twisted set..Digital shiva power looks powerful as tadashi is truly brilliant behind the decks, goodstuff and a welcome change.

Flipknot like i said before again brilliance by brian..danced my ass off ..very differnt style from wt he played the night before..full forest music..again was fun recognising his stuff..very versatile..

Having heard orestis and atriohm before i had a clue of what to expect.. Ore completely shatterd my assumptions and played a completely wiccked set with stuff from the new album mixed to perfection.. heavy bass ..with grundgy samples..clear well defined leads..the man turned the place into a mental asylum..BriLLLIant stuff ..BIg UPs

Atriohm.. This was the best set for me of the festival.. trully a genius..funny,witty,enjoyable yet with all seriousness..his music and set were exceptional..At 5 am it was perfect timing and he reiterated the fact that night time music with dark undertones can be perfect for mornings..cudve heard his music for atleast 4 more hours..a beautiful end to a magical journey..smiles all over.. clever twisted music..nuthing like it..Had a flite to catch the same morning so left after his set.. a truly brilliant experience and thanks for all the friends and freaks for making it possible. Big ups to the orgs for pulling it off.

Thank you and Much love.
          Those who danced were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music
harryohm
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  22
Posted : Apr 22, 2011 15:24
Quote:

On 2011-04-21 19:57, x psyle wrote:

What followed was one of the major motivations for my journey to nepal.. Ajja leu started his set in proper peak record style taking it slowly,nothing drastic..melting merging sounds with quirky samples a phat bassline which sets the stage for mindless stomping as well as visual extacy..his set was full of surprises with him bringing in old samples from tracks like peripheral vision and completely deconstructing it to create newer sharper sounds..appox 4 hours of bliss with non stop dancing..his energy oozed out of the decks and it was exactly how i thought it would be and more.. Thank you:-)
.................................................................................

Atriohm.. This was the best set for me of the festival..

+1
these 2 indeed were my main motivation of wanting to get mt mad !
lucky buggers whoever went! only some guys were not so happy about the big ass 5 star as the backdrop it seems.
wish i could have been there !

Meta-Morphosis
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  216
Posted : Apr 22, 2011 17:36
Hey quick question for the people who experienced Atriohm In nepal and bombay or whereever he played. Since Sashe is holding this project alone now. How/what were the "new" atriohm tunes dished out on the floor sounded musically ? Atmospheric sounds which were produced with leo or Faster tunes and less emphasis on atmospheres. ?
           “What we need is the development of the Inner Spiritual man, the unique individual, whose treasure is hidden in the symbols of our mythological tradition and in man’s unconscious psych.” - CJ Jung
Bloodclot
Bloodclot

Started Topics :  93
Posted : Apr 22, 2011 19:47
Atriohm gave us a dose of his new stuff in bombay a while ago. Sounds really haven't changed much. Lots of atmosphere. Although, I heard a few tracks with a few jumpy basslines.
x psyle

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Apr 23, 2011 10:27
Heard atriohm a few of months back in greece and his set was completely different from what he played in nepal.Although that could be because in nepal he played at around 5am and in greece around 3. Like mentioned above lots of atmosphere,a lot of importrance given to the environment . The core sound remains the same but music is evolving for sure. Sashe alone does a pretty good job of carrying this project foward           Those who danced were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music
Boulevard
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  55
Posted : Apr 23, 2011 11:09
Quote:

On 2011-04-21 11:53:41, oMcyLOm wrote:
Please share your experience, thanks !!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qTn74_RSGY

Nice video. Have seen the other videos as well which have been posted on FB and party looked really great with great vibes and smiles.

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=157887867607430
          Mushrooms make you do crazy stuff. Look at Mario he jumps on animal heads and fights with dragons.
daksinamurti
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  94
Posted : Apr 23, 2011 12:19
wow what a wild trip it been ... was in nepal already since 7 weeks for research reasons and then this party in the end
more then professional work by the nishans and crew... never witnessed anything like that ever on a party in asia...really fancy location and not even 1 min of worries about cops... good sound and good international lineup... only had 1 night of party cause had to return back to kathmandu with ajja and mental control but had a great time meeting old friends again and dancing... decor from SA was familiar to me and really good ...giving me a feeling like being home already and practical for shade and against rain ...
lineup wise was something for almost every taste and some really quality music and dj sets... really enjoyed my set on the first evening...
well and the crowd ... was actually expecting some more indians ... many from the u.a.e and europe, USA etc found their way there ... giving it a very international flair
was really happy to be back in Asia (besides Dubai) since 4 years
all the best from Germany
Daksi
          www.sangomarecords.com
https://www.facebook.com/Djdaksi
*neon nymph*

Started Topics :  13
Posted : Apr 23, 2011 12:28
Hey would anyone like to review this properly for MTV Noise Factory? It's MTV India's newish alternative youth culture magazine. Let me know.
www.mtvindia.com/noise           I can only please one person per day. Today's not your day. Tomorrrow isn't looking good either.
daksinamurti
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  94
Posted : Apr 23, 2011 12:56
sure let me know if noone else wants           www.sangomarecords.com
https://www.facebook.com/Djdaksi
Dogon
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  50
Posted : Apr 25, 2011 12:03
i would love to review this for MTV! hahhahah!!! sounds wicked!

Will post my review later.

Great to see you Daksi           We were born naked & grow up to become wicked.
punk tantrik

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Apr 25, 2011 13:38
MTV....no body takes MTV seriously in India ...

they just call themselves music television all they air is Boys and Girls fighting with each other to grab attention.. and Music wise Justin lady GAGu top the charts

and last heard ABVP had a huge tussle with MTV crew down in pune for showing censored stuff ...Would only grab unwanted attention !!

Party HARD but party safe ...looking forward to SJ trip           Ppl with gUns don`t understand!!!

thats baSically the reason why they keep gUns..............too many misunderstandings:)
Dogon
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  50
Posted : Apr 25, 2011 17:55
All started in Thamel with crazy street walks & yummy food & lots of alcohol on the side.

Pre Parties kicked off in style at Funky Buddha on 12th with Vibe & Ankit & great vibe on the floor.

The next one was again party on the special occasion of Nepali New Year 2068 with loads of Nepali people killing it with Simeantics & Psychogeneis & Nishan, all of them belted some great tunes & were a treat for the dancers.

We kicked off to the festival on 15th on the festival shuttle, overnight from Kathmandu to Pokhara, reached the location early morning.
Sorted the entries, at first we were shocked to see the location, a luxury 5 start resort with some people walking in to play Golf. Thought in my mind, how would this work.

After the initial walk around we found a nice flat piece to camp along with more fellow mad trancers & then went off to freshen up & showers, while the music kick started, a bit late than scheduled but hey we got the beat.

After showers & breakfast, it was time to hit the dancefloor.

Decor was stunning & colorful & was candy for the eye. Great work by the SA girls. There was pieces of decor scattered all over the dancefloor & around.

It was Shivadelic VS Avid on the decks with some nice driving full on. Enjoyed their set with the sun.

Next up was Shivamoon, who killed it with some chunky tunes & great energy on the floor as more & more dancers gathered on.

Then was a mad set by Madd Nadd, it was darkish & hardcore, great dancefloor bombs he belted for the freaks going nuts.

Next up Vibe VS Kranti, again super twilight stuff by these guys, was not much on the floor this time, getting my drinks & small stuff sorted before the night

Daksinamurti was up next, heavy set by the dude, built up the upcoming storm very nicely & got the nocturnal freaks to the floor. Great Set. The floor was packed & jumping.

It was time for some Sushi style music, Hashi (Chopstix) started, but maybe he had some system problems or something, the mixing was off on more than few occasions, so i went off again to fix things

Came back when Kala started, and boy, this was actually the 1st time i really really liked her set. She played some distinctive tunes DVR style & some known smashers. Very trippy set & crazy vibe while she was up there.

Ho Ho Ho...... Highko stands tall after Kala, old school style, he just did not show any mercy. Well what else can you expect from this man. Hi Tech, Cutting Edge, Dancefloor music for this time of the night. It was perfect. One of the best sets at the festival.

Brian as Kerosene Club was next up after Highko, perfect flow to the party. Brian knows the dancefloor in & out, cant go wrong with his great mixing skills & super sounds. The dancefloor was moving, it was flowing with juicy energy. Bouncy basslines, acid drenched leads, hallucinating atmospheres.

Wait, after KC it was time for Parvati style forest jam with Arjuna. I expected more out of him, but he was consistent with the flow. I wished he incorporated some more power to the already oozing dancefloor. It was not bad at all though.

Still waiting for the first ray of the sun to show up & we have Mr Ajja Leu on the decks, having heard him once before, i knew this was time to let go of everything i had inside of me & just flow like a river to liquid sounds from this man. Peak at the best time, just relentless, never ending string of bouncy basslines & liquid leads & high power atmosphere with the sun slowly rising up from behind the mountains. Such a wonderful feeling, beautiful sight. He just did not stop, 4 hours of compllete madness. Happy & Colorful dancers at sunrise with Ajja on the decks was the best moment for me. Kudos.

Was drained out after colorful day & mad night & again beautiful sunrise with Ajja, so went off to chill at the camp. Passed out and missed Mental Control, Ankytrixx & Psychogenesis.

It was a break at the dancefloor. So went to the chill stage where i think it was Freeze who was spinning some super good minimal/progressive/techy stuff. Great tunes by this dude, loved it.

I guess it was Contrafrequency started after the break, he dished out some real powerful, banging hard full on stuff, full of energy set. Really liked his style. Great work.

The floor was up again with Protoculture. The floor filled up very soon, just as protoculture pushed the 1st sound from the boxes. It was minimalistic/Techy to start, the floor went ecstatic. And then he progressed to the harder, bit faster, protoculture style melodies. It was crazy energy. Super set.

It was time for Painkiller to blast the floor with some heavier stuff. And it rained & we had a Hail Storm. So ran to the chill stage where this dude for playing some funky glitch hoppish stuff, thoroughly enjoyed his set while the storm lasted. Went back to catch the rest of Painkiller.

After Roy it was Jafar, mad man, mad energy, mad tunes, though i am not a huge fan of this kind of sound, breaks & build up but he got me into the groove, was tight sounds, heavy atmospheres. Good set.

Simiantics was up next, having heard him at the pre party, i really liked the sounds he played. He was using Wi Fi Controllers with laptop for effects. Touch of Goa sounds in his tuned sent the dancefloor into a spiral. Innovative & Fresh. Loved his sounds & a great guy.

Jehan aka Janux was up on the decks after Chris. Unexpectedly, from the word go he kicked the dust, the floor was jam packed & Jehan got everyone into the act. He played a gem of a set. Great night time music. Dancefloor smashers all the way. Super duper set.

Tadashi aka Tadayan found his way to the decks. Japanese madness all the way Digial Shiva Power style. I expected some more atmospheric music from him, nevertheless, it was good time i had while he was spinning.

Ah ah ah another one i was really looking forward to listen specially after listening to his new album, Orestis. This for me was the best night time hardcore set at the festival for me. He sucked me into his sound. Intensive Dancefloor Therapy. I like it the best when i dont get to open my eyes on the floor, it was magnetic, the connection with his sounds was simply unbelievable. Right in front of the right speakers, bunch of us really travelled into infinite.

Atriohm....... this was first time for me to hear this man. I love Atriohm style & sounds. It was morning already & i guess this was perfect time for Atriohm. His subtle yet engaging atmosphere was such a beautiful trap which i never intended to escape. Felt like the forest came alive calling all pixies & elves to become one with. Brilliant sound scaping by Atriohm.

It was sunny & time for some full on Mad Maxx style. Was hungry so went out to freshen up & find something to eat, managed to find # choco balls to eat & then was back to dancing with beautiful people with huge smiles & great energy on the floor & around. The set on the whole for me was OK, not great, not bad.

Nishan from Nepal after Mad Maxx, was a bit tired, so heard his set sitting down, watching the Snow Peaks & boooming while i waited for another act i was looking forward to eagerly. Some old dancefloor ecstatic tunes by Nishan.

Liquid Soul was up with a big roar from the dancers, all gathered to celebrate the last set as per schedule. He started with a very nice intro which i really really loved, you know this robotic human voice kept on saying stuff like 'I am this, i am that, i am DMT, i am blah for like couple of minutes & then he said finally 'I AM PSYCHEDELIC' and BOOOOOM, the floor went ballistic. It was frenzy, huge smiles, big stomping, excessive energy on the floor. And when he played Devotion, i cried in happiness, my heart was filled with so much emotions that i could not stop crying with a big smile & sun in my face. This was one of the best progressive sets i ever heard.

It was supposed to the last set, but Nishan started again & it went on till like 4 PM, while i packed my bags & tent & had a lil nap.

So yea, that was about the music.

The best part were the people from almost all over the world. The vibe was really strong, so much connection on & off the floor. Many people from Middle East (Bahrain, Kuwait, Saudi, Dubai, Lebanon etc), India & Nepal ofcourse, Israel, Lots of Cool French people, Americans, English, met a girl from New Zealand (pfff too far) & mostly all around. Great Gathering.

Showers & Toilets were perfect 1st day but got deteriorated the second day, because many people & less cabins.

Food & Drinks were ample & we had choices. Fairly priced i think. Like same as in Kathmandu (Drinks were on the higher side though)

Organisation was top notch, big ups to the crew for making this happen & a successful one with minimum hiccups.

Post party was hanging out in Pokhara for a couple of nights, where we had really nice Jam session at Shiva Cafe with great musicians from all over.

Looking forward to the next edition.

We were born naked & grow up to become wicked.
elastic_plastic
Re-Boot

Started Topics :  112
Posted : Apr 26, 2011 07:10
big boom to Nadair!!! MAD NADD!!! He has once again made the dubai tribe proud!!! keep it up bro!!!
Trance Forum » » Forum  India - Universal Religion - Mountain Madness 2011 - Reviews

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance