Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Twisted Sessions, Volume 1 (Twisted, 07/2002)

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Twisted Sessions, Volume 1 (Twisted, 07/2002)

Kaz
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  90
Posted : Jul 21, 2002 13:53
1. Twisted Allstars - Blue Sky On Mars
2. Dickster - Beloved Icecream
3. Tristan - Dark City
4. Prometheus - Snakes & Ladders
5. Yooza - Things To Do
6. Allaby - Spiritually Correct
7. Aphid Moon - Head Candy
8. Trickster - Audio Evangelists
9. Tristan & Dimitri - Monkey Business
10. Alien Project - Silent Running

Well, I can't say I didn't start out with having enormous respect for Tristan, as one of my favorite artists, as well as to the whole twisted crew which are probably the most proffesional sound engineers known to the trance world. I'll start off with the mixing - this is a mixed CD, but the mixing here is a "keep the tracks clear nearly at all costs", not a true party mixing style. Well, this is a CD, I can cope, and it may just be even better this way.

The album starts with a clam and uplifting progressive version to Blue Sky on Mars (T1) from the Unusual Suspects. A much more subtle version, very soothing. Beloved Icecream (T2) starts out with a oldschool tribal drive in a progressive build and cutting edge production. Uplifting, energetic, and just great music, but still very gentle. Tristan's own Dark City (T3) is up next, using some really psychedelic melodic work to give this track a unique groove. Electric guitars, something that I didn't like, but that's replaced with a powerful, uplifting and FAT sounding analog drive, something I still go for (since the good old goa days ), a real gem. Prometheus with his psychedelic melodies is up next. This guy is so talented it scares me every time. Snakes & Ladders (T4) is hard to describe, but progressive goa with some extremely deep work and sounds filled up to the brim. Things To Do (T5) is a lot darker than the previous tracks, takes some time to develop, but has a hypnotizing groove to it which creeps up on you. Spiritually Correct (T6) is a real dancefloor stomper kicks in next, with the standard chord samples, but with great harmonic depth to them. Gentle full-on, psychedelic and melodic. Aphid Moon's Head Candy (T7) comes up next with a dancefloor oriented feel, with some moving melodic work, but nothing more. The low point of this album for me. Time for a more full-on attitude, and Audio Evangelists (T8) comes to deliver. High energy for everyone, extremely well executed, and doesn't go over the top, with an extremely moving and intelligent build. Tristan and Dimitri are up next, with Monkey Business (T9), with some clubby influences all around, but extremely well done, keeps developing all the way through. Anyways, enough with the monkey business (sorry, the lame pun WAS intended), and Alien Project's Silent Running (T10) closes this album. This track sounds out of place compared to the rest of the album, but is one of the most proffesional pieces of work that came out of Israel. Yes, the GMS and buddies sound is still here, but much better used than in most cases. But his melodic work just isn't on par with the Twisted masters.

In short, a melodic album with a really undefined style - everything from full-on, goa, progressive, the kitchen sink - it all mixes in here. One of the most refreshing albums I heard lately, shame it was mixed, since these tracks deserve to be heard fully. What I wouldn't give for Tristan's music case .

Favorites: 2, 3(!), 4(!!), 5, 6(!), 8           http://www.myspace.com/Hooloovoo222
Apocalypse Now
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  62
Posted : Jul 22, 2002 05:24
Who are all these new Twisted guys?
Dickster, Yooza, Allaby, Aphid Moon. Have I not been paying attention?           Both teams played hard
Luiz Paulo
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  40
Posted : Jul 22, 2002 05:44
Dickster is Dick Trevor, of Green Nuns fame.
Yooza is the kicking couple of ManMadeMan under new name.
Aphid Moon and Allaby are both new folks.
          the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist....
Kenneth
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  54
Posted : Jul 22, 2002 18:16
and again, Luiz 2 the rescure....
Very nice Comp', heard it and liked it....           "...God made weed, Man made booze. Who do u trust?..."
traveller
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  234
Posted : Jul 22, 2002 18:18
This album gave me the same feeling that Unusual Suspect gave..

BGM
Bloody Good Music           "The dinosaurs became extinct because they didn't have a space program."
- Larry Niven
MicroCosma
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  23
Posted : Jul 25, 2002 08:49
I like this album specially the 1st one
Good review in this cd
Digital Mystery Tour

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Aug 1, 2002 10:49
good album..allaby is from greece i think..
tigga
IsraTrance Junior Member
Started Topics :  11
Posted : Aug 2, 2002 14:14
Allaby is Matt Allaby from Manchester, UK who runs sunrise monthly trance night....nice enough guy...           live life; be free
tigga
IsraTrance Junior Member
Started Topics :  11
Posted : Aug 5, 2002 14:52
Just had a good listen - gerat mixed cd, some quality tracks and real mixing....
it is very nice to hear an album where you can the mixes rather than them being so processed and fiddled with in the studio that it sounds perfect - what no dj can do, so great mix album....
i can only re-iterate what Kaz said - i wish i had tristan's music bag, and prometheus make trance so good it scares me.....but i want more!           live life; be free
MicroCosma
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  23
Posted : Aug 6, 2002 09:38
i love first track. you're reviews i must say it's excelent. you do excelent reviews kaz. i must tell you to continue to make reviews of cds. brilliant

Last track is very good too. i forget to tell this

[ This Message was edited by: MicroCosma on 2002-08-06 09:38 ]
Surrender
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  506
Posted : Aug 17, 2002 18:49
Kaz, first off: great review, right on the money! I love this CD, i think its one of the best around right now. the Twisted sounds are in a league of their own... i recommend this cd to anyone who loves psytrance i mean real psy. Tristan's Dark city is a great track!           "On the other hand, you have different fingers."
http://myspace.com/gadimon
DETOX
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  296
Posted : Oct 5, 2002 19:11
This is an amazing cd.
Its perfect for home listening.

I have already listened to it 2 times,the weather is cloudy and i cant stop listening to it.

Tristan is da best.

Favorites 1,2,3,6,8,9 WELL YES ALL           Toodaloo Motherfuckers!!!!!
olivier
Side-A

Posted : Oct 6, 2002 18:27
great cd , great tracks
BUT the mixing is really really bad...(some tracks are not even mixed together!)
i would have prefer to get the full track to mix it!!
allaby and trickster are killerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

DETOX
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  296
Posted : Oct 6, 2002 18:31
Allaby is for sure a killer.

Any more tracks from this artist?           Toodaloo Motherfuckers!!!!!
Luiz Paulo
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Oct 6, 2002 18:33
There's a track by him on Mechanism comp by Spiral Trax, called "Electrostatic".           the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist....
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Twisted Sessions, Volume 1 (Twisted, 07/2002)

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance