Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Ticon- Rewind (Digital Structures, May 2001)

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Ticon- Rewind (Digital Structures, May 2001)

___shahar
Old Forum Member
Started Topics :  70
Posted : May 3, 2001 09:36:24
Ticon- Rewind (Digital Structures, May 2001)
1. You Can Have My Fraggles 10:35
2. Gurk Burk 10:01
3. Wank the Skank 7:56
4. 2 Steps Forward and 1 to the Left 8:10
5. The Cozy Cactus 8:00
6. We Are the Mammoth Hunters 9:28
7. Super Model Girlfriend 8:52
8. Play My Boy 7:01
9. Mona Bone 8:23

Since the first time I heard Ticon with Rattle-Snake, Lolli-Pop from Hadshot, I knew I'm waiting for more and more, and after their releases on most of the major labels proved me right, I was really waiting for this album. Well... it was worth the wait!
All the things that grabbed me in Ticon's music are here: the amazing percussion work, the tribal feel, the patient build, the groove, the emotions, and the ability to hold the story for 10 minutes. This release has more of the clubby/deep feel to it (a lot of floating sequences, dubby style), than the open technoish sounds, but it doesn't effect the very good experience.
It starts with You Can Have My Fraggles, a soft caressing scando-progressive beat, laid on a massive bumpy-jumpy kick, building up slowly slowly. A great opener and a massive pre-dawn/noon tribal nature party hit. Gurk Burk (T2) continues with great tribal percussive work, very hypnotic, and in a total forest atmosphere, until the clubby break- good track, but I would love to hear a more psychedelic and rough mix for it. With Wank the Skank (T3), groovy is the word! A tribal-tech piece in the vein of Teenage Witch Bitch, but with a bit more power- I see my tribe around me with this one. Well now.. you all just stand in line and everyone together now- it's 2 Steps Forward and 1 to the Left- a refreshing cute morning tune- gotta smile! Follows a proof that when the Scandos want to really touch you inside, they just hit the spot (see Noma with Another Time & Soon)- The Cozy Cactus is a moving caressing emotional track- my favorite here- but that's because I'm a hopeless old emotional bastard. Best to send your party people home with a yearning in their heart. We Are the Mammoth Hunters (T6) is on the rough side of this CD- A massive Neanderthal hunting journey with a mammoth kick- stomp the snow! I played this in a party, and I swear the ground was moving- and we were on a top of a mountain! (or was it just an old petrified mammoth getting a bit scared?). The Super Model Girlfriend (T7) has a real dubby progressive scando feel to it, a complete change of direction, maybe a little too much, but still a very powerful track in a subtle touching way- club country here. Play My Boy (T8 ) has a technoish feel again, but with a dubby touch- fast and funky, and very happy. Mona Bone closes the CD with the Ticon tribal feel I love so much, leaving me with a taste for more- guess I'll press "play" again.
Bottom Line: Get It! Ticon are my favorite Swedish act, Rewind is a real joy- beautifully built, with the right amounts of everything, making it a perfect home listen and a great source for party hits. And a good word for the "touch me" cover- touch it! Favorites: 1, 3, 4(!), 5(!), 6(!), 7, 8.

___bomshankar
Old Forum Member
Started Topics :  0
Posted : Apr 29, 2001 09:09:30
Where can I get this???
___shahar
Old Forum Member
Posted : Apr 29, 2001 16:52:52
It will take a while more to get to Israel, but it should be online already, or real soon.
___ShivaS
Old Forum Member
Started Topics :  96
Posted : May 2, 2001 17:34:37
fucking awesome disk!!
short and right to the deal;)
___GuyShanti
Old Forum Member
Started Topics :  59
Posted : May 6, 2001 14:59:38
I knew that Ticon will do it right!
Wow!

Guyshanti
___bomshankar
Old Forum Member
Posted : May 6, 2001 19:05:32
OK, I followed Shahar's review and got this. After few listens I'm already in love. Very diverse and interesting with great hypnotic feelng. The sound is very powerful, and the tracks are never boring, even when long.
I wish it was less clubby in the feel and more tracks were like Mammoth Hunters & Cozy Cactus. Other favorites are You Can Have My Fraggles, 2 Steps Forward and 1 to the left- great funny stuff!!!
I'm gonna start now my Ticon tracks hunt :-)

___david_kebab
Old Forum Member
Posted : May 6, 2001 23:31:29
ticon is fine by me and i have some realses they had but for me all this genere is kinda boring.
tell me if i am wrong but the tracks sounds kinda the same.
___shahar
Old Forum Member
Posted : May 7, 2001 00:11:15
Well Kebbab, this release is very diverse actually. I suggest you give it a listen.
___Alex
Old Forum Member
Started Topics :  38
Posted : May 7, 2001 00:19:36
man ohh man
it's simply unbeliveble
it's really a pease of art in trance music
___NaFTa
Old Forum Member
Posted : May 10, 2001 17:05:48
hello
bought i it yesterday and this album rocks!!!
a great one indeed, can't wait to hear filip and frederik live...
___TrancEisT
Old Forum Member
Posted : May 13, 2001 23:29:43
[i]N.P - We are the mamooth Hunters [/i]

Speachless, feel like dancing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

___tomeron
Old Forum Member
Posted : May 14, 2001 13:43:03
u know shahar it's the same for me...
since Rattle Snake Lolli Pop i marked thin group
and they didnt made any bad track since. maybe they did some better ,but all of thier stuff is very very good ;)

for me it's the best album of the year

i've waited for a long time & i knew they wont disappoint ...

Ticon rulez
___Black-Eyed-Wolf
Old Forum Member
Posted : May 18, 2001 19:39:20
GOOD One !!!
___purpleturtle
Old Forum Member
Posted : May 23, 2001 10:23:40
I just love this CD- 1,3,4 & 7 are my favorites! Let's danxe!!! You got to have this album.

So now I ordered Son Kite yesterday- waiting for it! Hope it's really as good as Ticon.
___zahimi
Old Forum Member
Posted : Dec 15, 2001 22:51:57
NOT for full on lovers (who dont like minimal)....
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Ticon- Rewind (Digital Structures, May 2001)

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance