Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page and 1 guest
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - The Sacred Tree - Vertigo Records (2006)

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

The Sacred Tree - Vertigo Records (2006)

Acidhive
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  76
Posted : Jan 15, 2007 16:25
Compilation: The Sacred Tree
Label: Vertigo Records
Released: November 2006
Front Cover: http://www.juno.co.uk/covers/248295-01-front.htm
Back Cover: http://www.juno.co.uk/covers/248295-01-back.htm

Tracklist:

1. Jahbo vs. Red Eye Jedey - Stoned Monday
2. Shotu - 10 Ans
3. Furious And Cadans - Metabolism
4. Noise Gust - Ominus Square
5. Papiyan - Shamantic Extracts
6. Derango - Implosions (Technical Hitch rmx)
7. Derango - The Invention Of Nothingness
8. Dylalien - The Alien Translator
9. Alien Mental - Get Higher
10. Osom - Boa Noite

The review:

Another compilation from Vertigo Records featuring some insane darkpsy tracks. Here goes, track by track:

Track 1: Pretty standard stuff. Has a good bassline and some crazy acid synths. Overall nothing special but a nice track to start off with. Can work on the dancefloor for sure at the right moment.

Track 2: Starts off with a nice padsound, but after all that melodic promise it turns into a squeaky standard affair. Nothing to write home about except for the nice beginning. It isn't all that bad either, but great? Nope.

Track 3: Starts off with tribal drums and jungle sounds. The Furious influence in this track can be clearly heard. Pretty insane and a nice bassline change at around 5:17 makes this a good track. Bouncy!

Track 4: Insane stuff, has a drilling bassline, lots of stuttering effects and bassline changes. Reminds me a bit of the Cosmo style, maybe a little toned down. Anyway, good track.

Track 5: Starts off with dark atmospheric sounds and evolves into a somewhat slower quirky number with lots of squelches and samples flying all over the place. Reminds me of Furious. An ok track.

Track 6: Derango is up next and those who heard their album know what to expect from them. This is ofcourse a remix by Technical Hitch and it's well done. Pretty dark and a harder bassline than the original if I'm not mistaken. The original can be found on the Trishula compilation 'Mushy Mystery' for those interested. Anyway, a good track here.

Track 7: Derango on it themselves. Insane stuff again and building up to a climax. Unrelentless pounding and some great synth and sample usage make this a standout for me.

Track 8: Hard basslines and wacky shit all around. A nice track, nothing really special, although it sounds pretty weird. There's no real coherence in this, but I find it strangely fascinating.

Track 9: A more standard dark track like something from Kerosene Club for instance. Pretty ok, and it makes a nice change from the wacky track that came before.

Track 10: High pitched micronoises, daft sampling at the end (which lasts pretty long) and overall a weird feeling makes this a weird track and maybe one of Osom's least so far. It's not all bad but not really super either.

Overall: An ok compilation. It's nothing stellar, but if you're into darkpsy and you like your tracks a little weirder then you could do worse than to check this out.
I'd give it a 7,5/10 but maybe it needs to sink in some more. Maybe in a few weeks I'll change my score but initially this stands.

Listen to samples here:

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/ver/ver1cd014.html
http://saikosounds.com/english/display_release.asp?id=6194
          "Subconscious unravels at the point of death, and all time it has known erupts into a moment. As death extinguishes us, so we become it."

[Esoteric: Subconscious Dissolution Into The Continuum]
SHICHT
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  15
Posted : Jan 15, 2007 17:19
hamm
well i bought this cd , and it is a good one .
i agree with the most of the review
technical mad a very good job with rmx derango , wich is not a easy job !
derango trk is and amazing one indid!
i enjoy it alot !!
osom , very minimal stuff with nice fx , thu i must admit that osom seem to got out of ideas.. .
there old matireal is much much better in my opinion
hamm , Alien Mental ... i know what to expect from lilith and well is not letting me down !!!
i find this trk very nice ... hard dance floor stuff here
Furious with candas ... very nice trk lota lops in my head killer kick start bom !

im sorry but the first trk i expected much much more from this one..
when i see jahbo name on a trk i expect to hear something new...
pretty boring trk.. same same
thu the name of the trk is very good heha
dylalien , hamm i like his trk
whird sound , little massy one
thu prodaction wise he got much better

well , i gave here a little opnion not on all trk thu...

my fav are 3 ,6,7,8,9
if u like numbers i give this V.A a starte 8

p.s
im sorry for my spelling ... :\ im lazy to check it

***follow the old faith and stay high***
Wizack Twizack
Wizack Twizack

Started Topics :  239
Posted : Jan 15, 2007 19:20
first osom track i didnt like.
i hope the next one i hear is better then usual

nice compilation with some welldone trax..
yes i also like the remix of derango, and as u said its not a easy jobb and they did it pretty good!

bOm..           For Contact & Bookings:
Wizack_Booking@hotmail.com
www.soundcloud.com/wizack_Twizack
New Album Out: Wizack Twizack - IV (Ovnimoon Records 2011) http://www.beatport.com/#release/wizack-twizack-iv/387698
High Sai

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Jan 16, 2007 08:06
guys ...technically im illetrate....
but my ears are tweaked 2 catch the rite kinda strange freakuencies..... personally i knw wat tht osom trak can do outdoors wid sum quality sound

INSANE
rajatrao6
Inactive User
Started Topics :  2
Posted : Jan 16, 2007 09:43
Derango - Implosions (Technical Hitch Rmx) is a bomb. Furious Cadans is also cool. Osom disappointed.
-dudi-
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  41
Posted : Jan 16, 2007 10:42
derango - the invention of nothingness !!!

the best on this cd

dE.Tonatik
Detonatik

Started Topics :  83
Posted : Jan 16, 2007 18:50

super stuff ..
i love this cd ..its soo nice for the ears and for mental journeys .
great concept and its indeed for the sacred trips

my favs 1 , 4 , 5, 6, 7, 9 , 10

boom vertigo
          out now
http://parvati-records.com/music-shop/cd/out-of-time
SHICHT
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  15
Posted : Jan 17, 2007 18:30
I must correct myself...
I heard the osom trk some more times...
and im really starting to love it .. heh..
i closed my eyes and really got into the trip

maybe u need to get it a second hear ppl

bomm           
***follow the old faith and stay high***
ouroboros
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  25
Posted : Jan 18, 2007 00:15
trcks i loved...
both the derango tracks..

boom           http://www.myspace.com/musicouroboros

**treat ur mind like a bad neighbourhood - dont go thr alone**
Palombus

Posted : Jan 19, 2007 19:56
Very nice compil , loved many tracks much
boom
Basilisk
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  168
Posted : Jan 22, 2007 06:21
Derango owns it as usual, and Furious provides something a bit cool... you never know what to expect from Osom; I might grow to like this. The rest is typical stuff at first listen. Nothing new.
darkgnome

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Jan 22, 2007 14:14
Very basic Derango track. I liked the first track though. Pretty good compilation, needs more listens
Mistress of Evil
Mistress Of Evil Records

Started Topics :  101
Posted : Jan 26, 2007 08:49
Finally listened to this compilation, i was intrigued by the concept from the start so was very curious to hear it.

My favorites were:
5. Papiyan - Shamanic Extract. Love the opening sample, some great unexpected sounds, the track keeps changing and pushing forward. It had me dancing in my room very nice! Looking forward to hearing more from this artist.
7. Derango - Invention of Nothingness. I've never heard a Derango track i didn't like and this is no exception. Need to hear it on a big sound system to fully appreciate the madness of the Nothingness...
8. Dylalien - Alien Translator. I definitely did NOT need a translator for this track to download to my brain. Love it.
9. Alien Mental - Get higher. Thank you, i believe i will. Funny to hear Quasar sampled in this track, tee hee hee.

overall, a solid compilation
thanks vertigo.
peace!           Bringing Dreams to Life!
www.encantadaproductions.com
rajatrao6
Inactive User
Posted : Feb 23, 2007 12:13
Derango - Implosions (Technical Hitch Rmx) ---> 6:04 hehe mannnnnn
MorNinG MaGiC

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Feb 23, 2007 15:21
its a really gud and strong compilation tht has come out of the vertigo factory ..!
ANAR is a really a gud dj and a true journey taker in true sense ..!
have had a really gud time listenin to the cd ...! hope to hear more mixes of anar in future ...!
love n lite to all..!
BOooom .
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - The Sacred Tree - Vertigo Records (2006)

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance