Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  North America - The Doors Of Perception - Chapter IV - PSYSEX LIVE / PSYCHAOS-JOTI SIDHU LIVE AUGUST.13.2004 NYC
← Prev Page
4 5 6 7 8 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

The Doors Of Perception - Chapter IV - PSYSEX LIVE / PSYCHAOS-JOTI SIDHU LIVE AUGUST.13.2004 NYC

Chaka Laka
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  13
Posted : Aug 16, 2004 06:08
what a bummer not being able to make it .. at least you guys had fun, that's what matters           Dance is my Trance
grguy
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  19
Posted : Aug 16, 2004 20:11
http://forum.isratrance.com/viewtopic.php/topic/42308/forum/51
pics from the event           <^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^>
"Make love and not war! 'Cause we don't need no trouble.
What we need is love (love)" Bob Marley
<^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^><^>
Liquid-Vision

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Aug 16, 2004 20:49
this was such a great fucking party!!!!!!!! good job! psysex played an amazing live set! and I still can't believe i got to meet one of them afterwards and with him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
boom!!!!!
miEtek

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Aug 17, 2004 01:41
simplly mind blowing.
Surrender
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  506
Posted : Aug 17, 2004 07:40
wanted to thank everyone involved... we put our hearts and souls into this one... thanks for coming and sharing it with us.
thanks to those who made this party what it was, from decoration to sound to vibe to the artists.

thank you.
-gadi @ecliptic-trance           "On the other hand, you have different fingers."
http://myspace.com/gadimon
krisamadhi
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  114
Posted : Aug 17, 2004 08:35
Thanks gadi for a killer time, and a killer time slot !

see you on the dance floor!
raffi

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Aug 17, 2004 08:41
OH
MY
GADI

that shite was off the meatracks. the meat fell off the racks, onto the floor, which then somhow ceased to exist. now lets barbeque it

psysex absolutely fucked my brain. udi is THE MAN. i wanted to hit that drum soooo bad at least once =)

somehow, KRI played a live dj set. i never heard tracks that thick and monstrous bblended to seamless perfection.

les just say paris hilton was there. for 5 hours. tranced the f out

AMAZING stupendous production gadi, mike, uri, shane, and the dude the string art.

sound was propppppper. vibe was amazing, smiles all night long into the morning...
chicks were handing oput some weird biogenetically enhanced perfect fruit. thanx.

to everyone with me upstairs, you rock, i love you all.

peas
Goa_Laurie

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Aug 17, 2004 17:44
Quote:

On 2004-08-16 06:05, SHIVMA wrote:
party sounded killer!!
someone with a big fat review maybe??:)
BOOM!!

A big phat one to roll before the review.... and a big fat review to a super phat party. Let's begin by saying that I don't go out often in NYC, what with the crap parties and dodgy promoters in this city, I usually stay home and rock out to my cd's in high volume. My first Ecliptic party was not in this location it was somewhere else by Redhook and it was quite good but nothing like this one. The decoration made me feel like I was in outer space already before I even got to get going... bom to those responsible. On the decks was an Indian Dj, Karan I assume - was playing some seriously demented music, I did not recognize even one track, totally noncommercial I guess, powerful and clean. I was impressed by the mixing and he danced all around the stage and made me smile . After him was a surprise, Void! I asked Gadi (with the orange shirt right?) why is Joti Sidhu playing Void music, and he smiled and said: "Void is playing Void tracks". For me it was a great changeup, I have not heard anything from Joti for a long time and every Void track was just BANGIN! very aggressive music that killed my legs. Psysex came on next, I have not heard anything from them since the "Come in Peace" album, so everything sounded fresh to me. I'm not sure what it was: maybe the music itself - maybe the fact that they were actually doing something on stage and not faking anything! But it was the best live I have seen in my entire life. I went to see for myself as Ecliptic-Trance provided a perfect view from the side stage onto what they were doing and was simply amazed. Even some tracks that I did recognize sounded very diffrent to me - real live one! Then there was a Psysex dj set which was so clean and proffessional... I have a new level of respect for these guys. All throughout the event Gadi (With the orange shirt?) and others were giving out candy and fruits I really enjoyed the coffee and tea in the morning - nice touch!
I think the last DJ can practice his mixing skills and track selection more, I don't know, was not feeling it from him.
I think it was the best production I have seen in NYC for many years. Count me onboard the Ecliptic ship.

Took me some time to assemble my brain to write this review

Thanks to Ecliptic-Trance -
-Laurie.
Surrender
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  506
Posted : Aug 17, 2004 18:12
Quote:

On 2004-08-17 08:41, raffi wrote:
les just say paris hilton was there. for 5 hours. tranced the f out

someone was tripping here .....
          "On the other hand, you have different fingers."
http://myspace.com/gadimon
Liquid-Vision

Posted : Aug 17, 2004 19:26
^^^ that would be so freaky tho, paris hilton, tripping her eyelids off, dressed like an elf dancing around all happy happy!!!!!
raffi

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Aug 17, 2004 20:46
uh someone WAS tripping, yes,,,,

but we have sober firsthand accounts of such things, albeit not from myself personally.
but i heard from more than three people. i just may have also given her a drop and not realized it, its very likely.

<3 & *

r
Liquid-Vision

Posted : Aug 17, 2004 21:08
i'm sure it was just a paris hilton look alike(their were many there that could easily assume such a role)
why would paris hilton go to a psy-trance party in brooklyn? Isint she married to a backstreet boy or some shit like that(although I obviously wouldnt know ;0)))))))))))))))))))))
firedancergirl

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Aug 17, 2004 22:36
This is my 2nd Ecliptic-Trance party the 1st was Logic Bomb I am glad to say that I think: Surrender you learn alot from positive and negative criticism and you make sure to correct whatever is not perfect.

The sound in Logic Bomb CPU party was not so clear but this time was crunchy and lucid. My hat is off to the Dj's:

The 1st Dj I saw was the Indian DJ Karan, he was very good and gave a great warm up. I saw a sign in the entrance that Joti Psychaos was not going to make it and Void is there instead. I must admit I did not like the music very much... kind of tasteless and raw and hard for no reason.

PSYSEX! wow! I was missing my fire-pois and it would have been perfect. I saw Psysex once before in Belgium in a massive party back in March of this year, I was impressed then and this time it felt much more intimate. It looked like these guys really understand the meaning behind the music. If anyone noticed - the crowd was dancing diffrently then to Void, I cannot put my finger on it - quality music I suppose. The music was not so rough, but it was very psychedelic and I don't know their tracks too much so for me it was all new

Thanks to the organizers for a wonderful journey guiding us from start to finish... made me open up my doors of perception.

and to think I was suppose to be in the west coast and I missed my flight.

What happend to Joti Sidhu?
ZeRo
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  39
Posted : Aug 17, 2004 22:46
karan had great track selection and nice mixing skillz. . .played alot of really inventive fullon recognized some cpu tracks. the room was gorgeous almost museum like, psychedelic deco at its finest. pretty girls dance around me suddenly music starts getting a little evil, fun at first but then void dwelt too long on this wierd electro goth style that i didnt dig. mean dancing everywhere though great energy and power on the dancefloor.....raffi, you need to calm down with those umm flashing lights. PSysex rocked it, their live as said one of the best ive seen, real passion there and originality.

the music became color, psysex dj set was professional and smooth, a dream to dance to......
my neural networks were throughouly reorganized..........
thanks for the great work again Ecliptic. ny needs you.

ein chadash tachat hashemesh. there is nothing new under the sun. --kohelet.
bluespectralmonkey
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  80
Posted : Aug 18, 2004 00:33
yes, a great party.
arrived at noon to begin decorating around the construction... lots going on in the club! what a great space... im not too fond of heights, those tall ladders and scaffolding were not that fun, but the results were super, i was very pleased with the decoration job, devotee is a mastermind, and andres' string sculptures filled the space so well!!

i was lucky enough to have a chance to play at the beginning. got into some banging techy progressive, a good start...
karan was playing quite well and crowd response was high. great tunes.
void took the stage and things changed for me... it was too cheezy and clubby for me, i danced in mockery only. psysex sounded damn good, but i was saving my energy for kri and for the deco-teardown, only danced some for psysex djset, which seemed to up the intensity still higher.
and when kri went on, its hard not to notice that he mixes about 4x longer and harder than pretty much every other dj. i had a blast sweating it out with all the diehards there till the very end. goa laurie, i guess you just dont know ?
overall so much fun, hope to see you all again.
bom to gadi, mike, and uri(?), club exit crew, andres the STRING MAN!(thanks for your help at the end dood), boston crew, tranceketeers, vip area tweakers and spliffers, 55lex gang, DMT for the afterparty.
boom           www.bluespectralmonkey.com
www.touchsamadhi.com
www.interchill.com
www.metacrew.com
www.nw-psy.com
Trance Forum » » Forum  North America - The Doors Of Perception - Chapter IV - PSYSEX LIVE / PSYCHAOS-JOTI SIDHU LIVE AUGUST.13.2004 NYC
← Prev Page
4 5 6 7 8 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance