Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Tegma, " Lo-Fi adventures", Tribal Vision 04/2008
← Prev Page
1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Tegma, " Lo-Fi adventures", Tribal Vision 04/2008

spaceseagull

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Feb 28, 2008 22:52
the best tegma album to date ! very nice work ! keep playing it over and over !
zeb nation

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Mar 4, 2008 21:01
Great Album !!!

Keep rocking on the dancing floor, I can't wait to see the new LIVE !

chers
PlutoDelic
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  12
Posted : Mar 5, 2008 11:17
Quote:

... If you're disappointed because of the way Tegma and Ticon took (along with many others), just check other releases, because you're searching in the wrong place

nope, your defending on the wrong place/thread (i repeat, forum) , but in the end we're all right

its about respect , i have nothing against tegma nor ticon, but such reviews should be posted in this link
http://forum.isratrance.com/forum-electronica/
          PSYKS
Dance N Dust
Dance N Dust

Started Topics :  83
Posted : Mar 6, 2008 14:14
good album from tegma,
i like the most of it,
tr1 is like an old school track with nice deep melody (like it allot)
tr 4 ,6 and 7 are good as well
nice job tegma boys and good luck for tribal vision
          out now:
Aumrec – Before The Beginning ,EP
V/a Beat Wins , Compiled by DJ Asherun
Embargaa - Slova . EP
www.myspace.com/dancendustrecords
Tula

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Mar 9, 2008 15:48
Quote:

On 2008-03-06 14:14, Dance N Dust wrote:
good album from tegma,
i like the most of it,
tr1 is like an old school track with nice deep melody

yeap.. monday star illuminate some things.. killer
          LIFE Is Just The Choice Between FEAR and LOVE.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1fDq9LnzFk
DJAmanita
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  31
Posted : Mar 20, 2008 10:01
I have to say I love the cd. Very different from the last but very very good. I am glad i bought it
uvego
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  14
Posted : Mar 23, 2008 23:51
comparing with the previous album, this one is much more danceflore friendly material like Aden ses
its very progressive and its deep & melodic
all in all really great job!

favs:

4. Computer Disorder
6. Monday Star
7. What The Fuzz           _____________________

Started Topics :  168
Posted : Mar 27, 2008 07:38
I am really liking this. Instead of attempting to top their previous album (which would have been really tough) Tegma have put together a tight set of tunes that all conform to the "lo-fi" aesthetic of the title. It would be wrong to think of this as some kind of ill-contrived electro house knock-off--I suspect Tegma were merely taking it easy with this one, hoping to circumvent the same kind of creative block that has left Simon Posford unable to produce Hallucinogen III (since expectations are so unreasonably high). Nah, forget all that--the vibe I get from this album is "let's have some fun" and "don't take life so seriously, just dance!" Hopefully the Tegma boys are comfortably at work on their next masterpiece... and in the meantime, we can appreciate this cheerful album for what it is: a thoroughly enjoyable listening experience and useful DJ tool.

A few early favourites: Circles, Who Stole My Oscillator, and Twister.
amphiton

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Mar 27, 2008 18:51
After numerous listens I agree with Basilisk. This is a really good modern album.           [ cuBe ] :: cubeg.org •
kristyandmoe

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Apr 7, 2008 08:31
Quote:

On 2008-03-27 07:38, Basilisk wrote:
I am really liking this. Instead of attempting to top their previous album (which would have been really tough) Tegma have put together a tight set of tunes that all conform to the "lo-fi" aesthetic of the title. It would be wrong to think of this as some kind of ill-contrived electro house knock-off--I suspect Tegma were merely taking it easy with this one, hoping to circumvent the same kind of creative block that has left Simon Posford unable to produce Hallucinogen III (since expectations are so unreasonably high). Nah, forget all that--the vibe I get from this album is "let's have some fun" and "don't take life so seriously, just dance!" Hopefully the Tegma boys are comfortably at work on their next masterpiece... and in the meantime, we can appreciate this cheerful album for what it is: a thoroughly enjoyable listening experience and useful DJ tool.

A few early favourites: Circles, Who Stole My Oscillator, and Twister.

Yep totally agree with that. Enjoyed this from the first listen.
schizotronic

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Apr 25, 2008 22:32
great music great album
Blink blinK

Started Topics :  3
Posted : May 23, 2008 01:48
I think that Tegma's 2nd album was one of the most brilliant albums EVER(!!!) I listen this one even nowdays.
But since then...well...I donno...
kikola
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  93
Posted : Jun 23, 2008 12:34
here goes my review:
Tegma – Lo-Fi Adventures (2008-02-17)

1   In All Ears (8:33)
2   East Block (Cccp Mix) (7:27)
3   Circles (7:49)
4   Computer Disorder (7:31)
5   Who Stole My Oscillator (8:05)
6   Monday Star (8:16)
7   What The Fuzz (8:28)
8   Twister (7:21)
9   Crank Up (6:48)
10   Lo-Fi Adventures (6:41)

The story brings us back in the 90's. Two close family friends since childhood, Omar Chelly and Jason Orfanidis became addicted to psychedelic music due to it's influence that Jason had while staying for the summer time in Greece. At first hand Omar didn't dig it, but as time passed and a lucky coincidence happened he too became fond of the psychedelic sounds and started to experiment immediately with “Reason” from which 2 projects derived: Epsilon and Tegma. Guess which one was the winner! Since then, they have released a lot of tracks and were featured on over 20 compilations, four albums, a few vinyls and not to mention the enormous booking schedule. This time the guys are back with a fresh album, combining the old digital soulful, with the new perfected and superficial sound.

Kicking off with deep experimental sound in a traditionally linear approach(T1) with a subterranean chopped bass and quirky effects with which a grand opening is presented. Minimal, loop-based electronic rhythms... The dark, insular side of Tegma is shown in this piece(T2). Beginning in it's barest form and evolving into a furious jagged machine beats, a blend of a lot styles making it perfect for a fast drive on a dark night. Vocoded space age sound effect, whirling through the stereo graph, shows that these guys mean business(T3). Every track so far had it's own story to tell, which is quite respected in this market nowadays, just to filter out the non-talented people eager for fast paced glory. A gentle, reserved touch served vocal making the elaborate pass through several emotional states easier for us, marks the 4th (T4) tune on this album. Easy minded with harder electronic presence we slowly stroll to the mid point where “Monday Star”(T6) and “What the fuzz”(T7) mark the present rebellious, anarchy spiced existence in these high tech times. Fiddled to perfection,(as perfect as the human entity can be) these tracks will for sure put a mark in my and I hope a lot of people's hearts with their unique identity that somehow prevail throughout. At the end the tracks that are not know for their effect over the crowd are put, and time will tell if their story would be told sometimes in the future... (T8,T9)
I coulnd't say more than I have written above. Dedication, love, harmony, peace. They all reflect the virtues of the human kind and are put in this album to make us forget out imperfections and... dance like crazy!
Reviewing this cd was not an easy task if I haven't had the help from the informational booklet and the inspirational graphics which are trying to tell us that the big great things are made from smaller parts which are not taken into serous consideration most of the time.
Favourites: 1!,2,4,6!!!,7!!

@Iono_Music
http://www.ionomusic.com/
Iono_Music_Shop
http://www.ionomusic.com/shop
www.ouim.net/djs/kikola
pr0fane
Multiphase

Started Topics :  418
Posted : Jun 23, 2008 13:24
I had been disappointed with basically all of Tegmas releases since "Around The World In 80 Minutes", so my expectations for "Lo-Fi Adventures" were very low. Luckily I was pleasantly surprised - it does contain some really great tracks, and I consider it one of the better progressive albums this year.

I'm especially fond of "Who Stole My Oscillator" and "Monday Star".           DJ pr0fane (Iboga Records) | Multiphase
www.sunrisesupplies.com | www.iboga.dk | www.soundcloud.com/pr0fane
djanahata
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  40
Posted : Jun 25, 2008 23:36
Great music like always from Tegma
best prod this time, world tour 80 min was a amazing album even if prod not cristal..
But today sound CLEAR..Bravo

p.d Tribal Vision the best prog label for sure!! you kill Mr Michal          www.myspace.com/djanahata
www.materiarecords.com
Out Now! va PROFESSIONAL MATCD12 - Compiled by Dj Anahata
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Tegma, " Lo-Fi adventures", Tribal Vision 04/2008
← Prev Page
1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance