Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Tantrumm Records : VA - Tempus Viator TAN1CD002

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Tantrumm Records : VA - Tempus Viator TAN1CD002

rajatrao5
Inactive User
Started Topics :  17
Posted : Dec 19, 2006 21:44
TANTRUMM RECORDS : VA - TEMPUS VIATOR

1. Dronebixie - Broadway
2. Alien Mental - Life Force (Rmx)
3. Kindzadza - Water Memory
4. Orestis vs. Datakult - Into the Darkness
5. Orestis - Hunted Heretic
6. Jelly Headz vs. Datakult - Windows XXXP
7. Kukuruku - Dirty Oscar
8. Polykaos - Numbers
9. Dejan - Machine Drill
10. Red - Laiman Alfa

Tantrumm pushes ever forward, tirelessly concocting the most potent sonic elixir to rally...

...the seasoned vets and welcome new troops with a bang. They have gathered the cream of their international crop, ripe to perfection and ready to burst with psychedelic flavour, and created something they call 'Tempus Viator'.

Tempus Viator is a sonic transmission from the far reaches of the universal spectrum, a fusion of technological mayhem and braintwisting rhythm. It is a journey through the unpredictable planes of space and time, where the laws of logic cease to exist and the mind and body become one with the cosmic beat.

Tempus Viator opens the door to an altered reality where electronic impulses and acoustic vibrations reveal a path through surreal mindscapes inside four dimensions of sound.

Dronebixie - Broadway : Dronebixie is synonymus with forest music. Definitely not a good idea for club events, family celebrations and birthday parties. This 148 BPM stormer has a hard mushy kick bass which reminds me of the old Jelly Headz style. A track which could be used for a twisted sunrise, one that would go great with tracks from artists such as Jahbo, Shotu and Grapes of Wrath. This is probably the only morning installment this CD has. The loops and structures are extremely complex and multi layered. At 2:00 the sample, "Keep waking up, but im just waking up into another dream" appears, which breaks into a crispy bassline with telephonic sound effects flying around, i love the way the highs are played around with from here on. The bassline is thick and relentless, as twisted broken leads pepper the flow of the track. The track from here on begins to get more intense as acid lines penetrate the bassline creating gnarling soundscapes. It is pretty hard to describe tracks like this one as this specefic sound is so rare to hear these days. I really dig this track, good pick Fria! 8/10

Alien Mental - Life Force (Rmx) : Alien Mental originates from India, but is now based in the US. A man who has released a handful of tracks on various night labels to date. He has quite a reputation regarding the intensity of his live sets out here in the US. Life Force Rmx is arguably his highest quality release to date.The track begins driving at 148 BPM and i couldnt help but see a similarity to Kindzadza. Bassline variations are heard immediately as background sound scapes flow over a bassline that breaks every now and then, leaving the listener disorientated. This track is definitely an acid lover's utopia, the bass changes would definitely leave me screaming for more. The diversity in the track's tempo and sounds are what make this such a spanker of a tune. As the track progresses, changes in basslines are seperated by compressed filters and kicks that are packed with psychedelics. The track is littered with catchy glitches and futuristic sound effects creating an extra terrestrial atmosphere almost. I personally love the unpredictability of this track, it places the dancer outside his comfort zone, not knowing what is bound to happen next. The period between 6:30 and 6:40 reminds me of the trademark Osom sound, with the nasty glitches and tempered two second build-ups which break into frenzied basslines. The track then ambles for a minute at a rather low intensity in comparison to the former part of the track. The bass abruptly halts at 7:32, as the samples and sound effects sweep over the continual build up which marks the end of the track. One of my personal favorites of this year. 9/10

Kindzadza - Water Memory : The master himself gives us Water Memory. This track is significant in the sense that it probably marks the change in Kindzadza's style, firstly in terms of the slightly higher BPM (150) and secondly the use of different sound banks and effects. The track begins with the trademark Kindzadza kick as effects fly all over the air. Sticking to his old track structures, the change in the bassline gets deeper now and then, and the change at 1:09 left me with quite a grin on my face knowing that something good was in store for me with this track. The highhats from 1:10 remind of the trademark Noise Poison highhats which are a great thing in my opinion! Machine like leads spiral around the bassline at 1:32 and monotonously pound the ear. Soon after, the bass is made softer as the leads are given accentuation. This track seems somewhat experimental as the bassline is played around with, as very Osom'ish breaks take shape. Twisted echoing leads at 3:40 send the track off into high fever dancefloor frenzy as the high-hats and the bassline grind together in an unpolished manner. The trademark squeeky Kindzadza leads join the party at 4:30 and take the whole track into a different dimension as haunted bells faintly sweep through the background. The leads continue without mercy as the track takes and changes its shape every now and then. The bassline breaks after 7:00, leading to broken beats which then come to a stall. A pretty cool high energy track in my opinion, but definitely not one of Leo's best. I am very curious to hear more tracks in this new style of his. 7/10

Orestis vs. Datakult - Into the Darkness : When i first got the CD, this track called out louder than the rest. It tempted me to skip the first three tracks and listen to it What can i say? Without question the biggie of this CD, not even the sweetest of words can do justice to this track. Plain bass introduces the track which is met by a monster bassline, which took me away immediately. This track takes one into the deepest, darkest unexplored places. This is some of the best forest music i have ever heard! Minimal sound effects trickle all over the track, as viscious soundscapes are produced. The thick, driving bassline is fucking groovy! It is tracks like this one that gives me faith in dark these days! Liquidy leads create a subtle atmoshphere, as scary samples are used through the track. This duo's hologram sounds create feelings that one doesnt experience with most music these days. Oh how i would love to hear more from these guys! 11/10!

Orestis - Hunted Heretic : The Greek freak Orestis gives us one of the big gems of this CD. The track's introduction is that of the sound of the outdoors with wolves howling and crickets creeking as a durge bell rings steadily in the midst. Slick sound effects throw the deep bassline into the picture which pounds at an unusual 151 BPM. The glitches are fantastic and so are the irregular breaks. Not before long the track is in top gear. At 1:44 the break brings around a fairy tale like atmospheres with a short vocal sample that is soon out-weighed by the relentless bassline. Juicy leads make way into their track smoothly as the phat bassline keeps pounding without showing signs of mercy. The track has a mushy, wholesome feel to it. The basslines change at every 8 bar or so taking the listener into different mindscapes. The intensity of the track just continues to increase, as the track moves in different directions. From 4:30 onwards deep voice samples blanket the basslines perfectly, creating dark mystical atmospheres. This track is certainly one of the hits of this CD, a must for periods of peak dancefloor energy. 9/10

rajatrao5
Inactive User
Posted : Dec 19, 2006 21:45
Jelly Headz vs. Datakult - Windows XXXP: The french duo of Jelly Headz and Datakult give us a track with a rather interesting name, one could put this track into the morning bracket as well. A cold, hard kick pounds mercilessly from the word go, with rough, acidic sound effects engulfing the listener into this track. Half way through the track, serious variations begin, the bassline begins to drop as circular alien like effects surround the bassline - which is kicking hard in no time. The true insanity of this track breaks out towards its end, as the effects, leads and bassline merge and ruthlessly pound the listeners ear. Overall a pretty solid track, was quite a frying experience imo. 7/10

Kukuruku - Dirty Oscar : Kukuruku is the collaboration between Stranger and Zik, both originating from Greece. These guys mean business with this track. The bassline is deep and groovy as choppy leads run alongside the bassline. The bassline at 1:10 came very close to making me scream - its bound to put a smile on your face The track gets a notch darker at 2:10 as the energy levels are constantly dropped and picked up. Eerie leads creep into the track as themes of insanity are emphasized. 3:23 quite frankly made me faint hehe, this is when i really began digging this track. 4:10 - 4:32 reminded me of Cosmo, with basslines being pushed to their limits, unexpectedly a twisted voice sample appears. The track gets extremely playful and experimental, as the basslines are being fucked around with, taking the dancer into a different trip as the sounds of bells tinkle in the background, creating a somewhat confused atmosphere, which is a great thing. This track has some of the funkiest breaks i have heard, with spiralling out of control sounds being used perfectly. Before you know it you are left standing not knowing what is going on as the track dies out. Quite a masterpiece! 10/10!

Polykaos - Numbers : Im pretty unsure as to whom Polykaos is. Im guessing Polyphonia is one half of it - that gave me enough reason to orgasm even before listening to the track. A brilliantly used sample to start the track gives way to a gargantuan bassline as drum rolls are used as breaks. The track is steady and solid, at 1:38 the party truly begins, with a wild change in the bassline, as the track becomes far more uplifting, i thought i was about to die because i began dancing so freakin hard when i heard this track at a party. Multiple layers of effects compliment voice samples. Catchy leads join the game at 3:12 as one begins to really get into the track's groove. Towards the end of the track, layers collide to create an intense, paranoid atmosphere. Definitely not for the fainted hearted. Perfect tool to increase energy levels at a party! My FAVORITE on this cd 12/10!

Dejan - Machine Drill : Dejan gives us more madness from France. With no time for a fancy intro, the track quickly takes shape with its thick, heavy bassline. Psychedelics at their purest are heard right from the beginning, with atmospheres and effects wizzing around the air. Interesting, catchy breaks are also everpresent in this track. Before you know it, the journey begins with an alien like build up that leads to simply brilliant changes in the bassline. Once the track reaches the midway point, there is no stopping - say hello to multi layered madness. It is simply amazing how danceable this 155 bpm track is. The track gets extremely spacey towards its end, as atmospheres gradually fall into place, leaving the dancer in oblivion, almost in a shamanic state. One of my personal favorites on this CD! 9/10

Red - Laiman Alfa : This is Red's second consecutive release on Tantrumm. Laiman Alfa without question is a masterpiece. I even have friends who swear by this track. The track begins with spaced out atmospheres and a metallic jingle that gets more and more noticable. The flow of the track is smoother than the finest scotch, at 147 BPM this beauty is rock solid in terms of production and drive. Sounds are kept almost feminine and minimal, as the effects and bassline complement each other beautifully. Twisted leads creep into the track which comes to a standstill at 3:29. The amazing thing about this track is its ability to keep the dancer moving but at the same time allowing him/her to breathe and reflect. A long break with the metallic jingles provides respite to the listener/dancer. The track has deep, cold atmospheres which almost convey a message. This is definitely intellegent dance music at its best. If utilized properly by a DJ at the right time, the track would take one to unexplored places. Overall a neat track thats solid, a great track to start or end a set with. 8/10

Overall one of the best dark releases of 2006 without a question. Tantrumm can never go too wrong A must buy for all you hardcore freakos! Good job Friooo!

Rajat

Jelly Headz - Pollution Violence Technology is also out NOW! Grab your copy at :

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/tan/tan1cd003.html

http://www.wirikuta.at/web66/product_detail.jsp;jsessionid=GBMJGAFAEMBI?showDetail=143642

http://www.beatspace.com/dettagli/dettaglio.asp?id=3126

http://saikosounds.com/english/display_release.asp?id=6266

http://www.wakyo.jp/detail/?cat_no=TANCD003

rajatrao5
Inactive User
Posted : Dec 20, 2006 06:09
Just a little addition. Polykaos is Polyphonia and a new artist called Kaos.

Stay tuned
Kaas
Drone Bixie

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Dec 20, 2006 08:00
nice review! and best of luck for tantruum rec. for va`s like this!

thx for having I on this

caio

Adigroovy
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  24
Posted : Dec 20, 2006 11:02
Good review, it´s another bomb from Tantrumm rec. highly psychedelic stuff. my fav´s: 1,2,4,7,8           to use your head you have to go out of your mind
Stranger_GR
Stranger

Started Topics :  8
Posted : Dec 20, 2006 15:20
At last a review!!!
We need reviewers like this to dig the music!
I love very much this cd as well.....most of it is really great!!!
My favs 1,2,3,4,5,8           Coming Soon 07-12-2012 Strange Kaos split album "Above The World" from Goanmantra Records! www.goanmantra.com www.facebook.com/Stranger.Psy www.facebook.com/StrangeKaos
www.soundcloud.com/stefstranger www.soundcloud.com/strange-kaos
for bookin
rajatrao5
Inactive User
Posted : Dec 21, 2006 02:10
Glad you guys like the review and the CD as well!
Tantrumm Records
Tantrumm Records

Started Topics :  15
Posted : Dec 21, 2006 03:06
A Big Thank you Rajat...Sooperb review, very happy that its being received well.
Kaos is Gregory from Greece...he's made a couple of tracks with Polyphonia and is also working along with Stranger on some new sounds.
Good way to end the year..I wish you all a happy holidays           ****************************************
TANTRUMM RECORDS
Psykovsky and Friends : Na Ve Ka
dE.Tonatik
Detonatik

Started Topics :  83
Posted : Dec 21, 2006 05:25

this is certainly 1 of the best va's i have ever heard n full respect to fria for that ..

i love all the tracks in this va ..its hard to choose any 1 fav as most of them have r super takin the listener into total psychedelia

lookin fwd to the next Tantrumm compilation:)

boom boom           out now
http://parvati-records.com/music-shop/cd/out-of-time
Perma Fry
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  56
Posted : Dec 21, 2006 15:22
nice melange of artists
Alien Metal - Life force (rmx) stands out the most for me

Kudos to the label and all artists
regards,
sanat
FrodOhm
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  32
Posted : Dec 21, 2006 16:56
one of the better releases this year within the darker more twisted realms of psychedelic music for sure !

My absolute favorite of the compilation is PolyKaos - Numbers, brilliant samples from the brilliant movie PI!!! Well Done!!!
Cant wait to hear more from this kombO!

Also great work from Dronebixie and Orestis vs Datakult!

Keep up the great work releasing wicked music Tantrumm!

All the best from the cold north

Happy Hollidaze

kabooki_cat

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Dec 21, 2006 19:21
it's ok compilation, some good trax, the first one 'freshly squeezed' was a lot better.
Tantrumm Records
Tantrumm Records

Started Topics :  15
Posted : Dec 21, 2006 19:50
Each Tantrumm release aims to be different from the previous ones. We are following a diverse release schedule and hence this cd is very different from Freshly Squeezed as it was compiled with a particular mood and journey in mind...
How boring it would be to have similar sounding cds...so we try to mix it up a bit.          ****************************************
TANTRUMM RECORDS
Psykovsky and Friends : Na Ve Ka
drumatik
Drumatik

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Dec 21, 2006 19:59
Well just checked out this relaese and i must say that for me The Alien mental and the RED !!! tracks are just amazing and outstanding !!!big up to them and tantrumm :9

dE.Tonatik
Detonatik

Started Topics :  83
Posted : Dec 21, 2006 20:40

go go go TANTRUMMMM

this is a great release continuing the tantrumm tradition ...

deton@tik
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Tantrumm Records : VA - Tempus Viator TAN1CD002

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance