Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Tantrumm Records : JellyHeadz - Pollution Violence Technology TAN1CD003 (2006)

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Tantrumm Records : JellyHeadz - Pollution Violence Technology TAN1CD003 (2006)

rajatrao5
Inactive User
Started Topics :  17
Posted : Dec 26, 2006 14:14
JELLYHEADZ - POLLUTION VIOLENCE TECHNOLOGY

1. For Life
2. Fib
3. Political Gang
4. Pollution Violence Technology
5. H5N1
6. Invisible Collonisation
7. Argonauts
8. Deconstructor
9. Cryminal

A Tale of These Times. Pollution Violence Technology is the long due, debut album by JellyHeadz, presented by Tantrumm Records. Geniously structured, the progression of the album unfolds as does a story book, a legend intervowen by sonic frequencies.Demarkative of the particular JellyHeadz style, the entire album maintains steady pace at 154 BPM, resounding with psychedelic soundscapes. Each track is a mood in its own right, holding sway over the emotions with strong bass lines and layers that open the eye to the visual aspect of what the sound weaves. Argueably the most anticipated night psy album of this year, lets see what Pollution Violence Technology has in store for us.

1. JellyHeadz - For Life : "No one would have believed in the early years of the 21st century, that our world is being watched by intelligences greater than our........and slowly and surely drew their plans against us" - let out by a serious man's voice in an informative manner. The introduction to the CD is lengthy, little over a minute long. This episode has no time for pretty, gentle warm ups however as a cold, flat merciless kick comes into play with hi-hats skipping around the bassline. Weird little leads also run with the bassline as crackling sounds flow from one ear to the other. High tinkle bells make an appearance in grand harmony as plasticy, viscous leads stretch and blanket the track. By now, your already wondering where the hell you are. This is nothing like what you have experienced before, and you know it is only the start. 4:25 marks the beginning of the massacre. The bassline and kick start sounding more woodlike as massive soundscapes and squeeks go hand in hand straining the listeners ears. Finally, a break, but this is no respite, deep disturbing soundcapes make way for the bassline in no time. Distorted voices are heard as the track gets raw and shows no signs of mercy. Subtle soundscapes add flavor to the track, just as sauce does to meat, and very soon short but noticable bassline variations begin. Violence is the theme of this track i'd say. Cranky little sounds effects make their presence felt as the bassline continues banging for another two minutes with the tinkling bells making a re-appearance in the latter part of the track. From what i hear from reliable sources, Fabio solely made this track without Karim's inputs. Definitely abnormal for a starting track with regard to intensities! But in a good way offcourse!:) 8/10

2. JellyHeadz - Fib : The aliens have landed rather prematurely! Weird, disconcerting atmospheres compliment a bassline that is slightly more rounded and bouncy than that of the first track. This is more like an atmospheric track with the sounds of a conch running boldly through the air. Thick, juicy leads begin at 1:45 as an array of sound effects fall into symmetry. High pitched gnarling and cartoon like loop effects are also heard during the track's progress. The bassline dies out to the sample, "Eventually the rest of the guys got after the world in one piece, we were all changed, we had been forced to become adults in our little country in South East Asia..." Slow spaced out rubber like leads take their time to sink into the story line, as claps and hi hats add to the track's dancability and groove. Sharp high's and restless mids blend beautifuly to create intelligent polyphonic sounds that somewhat remind me of those in Psykovsky - Indigo Child These polyphonic sounds make me believe that this track is linked to the "technology" theme of this CD. Only two tracks up and quite frankly my ears and mind were pretty fucking fried! Definitely not for the fainted hearted! 8/10

3. JellyHeadz - Political Gang : "This is the beginning of a new and excitingly different story" goes the sample of an enthusiastic news reporter. Following the sample is what i am guessing is a French sample and a very thick and hard bassline and kick. Irregular breaks add to the unpredictability of this track, as aquatic sounds trickle and add icing to the cake. Glitchy breaks manifest as scraped sound effects and leads almost sounding like white noise work in a chopped up organised manner. The bassline then begins to swing in various directions, as intensities are varied and fiddled around with amazingly. These guys are quite the experts with mindgames! The party really gets going at 5:40 as deep hynotic grooves and leads start causing the listener to drift away from reality, slowly but surely. By the time you know it your engulfed by this track which has left you kicking and screaming. 7/10

4. JellyHeadz - Pollution Violence Technology : Named after the title of this CD, i had high expectations of this track. Just when you thought the kick bass could'nt get any harder, it does! The track often falls into the depths of filtered layers as a male sample talks about electromagnetic pulses. Cheesy yet effective layers are added to the track for desired effect while the bassline bangs irregularly in a glitchy manner. Oscillating leads circle the track which alternates between the hard mushy bassline and the filtered layers. Gnarling leads and foresty atmospheres fill this track to the brim. Short, thick, linear leads climb vertically as deep sound layers add to the track's weight and intensity. A brilliantly used cartoon comedy sample with, "your a snail!" is utilized as well. High pitched tweaks and leads bind with the bassline in an out-of-sync manner which really does sound unique and interesting! The kick gets more digestable with warm variations in the bassline every now and then. Short buildups and break downs are heard it the background, as the cartoon samples are used again, adding quite a generous helping of personality to the track. This is intense complexity with relation to the sounds, as multiple layers merge with each other to perfection. One of my favorites on the CD! 9/10

rajatrao5
Inactive User
Posted : Dec 26, 2006 14:15
5. JellyHeadz - H5N1 : If the previous track blew you away, this track is bound to make you do something outrageous! Sit strapped tight is all i can say The track begins with the rather overused sample, "One moment please." This is the deepest night installment of this CD, as cold blooded atmospheres sweep through the track's depths. High pitched soundscapes flood the tracks entirety. A sample, "when a man lies he murders a part of the world" appears. The attitude of this track is no different, the atmospheres in this track are engineered to kill. Sounds of screams coincide with tight leads creating quite a groovy cocktail that the dancer is bound to relish. At 3:25 the track goes into a mysterious break that is eerie and spaced out in nature, as the filtered bassline lurks subtly in the midst waiting to erupt. All hidden insanity breaks loose following the break as chaotic leads bombard the listeners mind from all corners giving him/her no space to breathe. This is paranoia at its peak as liquidy leads wire the insides of this track making this such a masterpiece! Extremely intense and without question one of the classics on this CD! 10/10

6. Jelly Headz - Invisible Collonisation : You are still probably recovering from the previous track but thats just too bad! Invisible Collonisation puts you right back into the groove. Lengthy broken leads serve as a backbone to this track, as dynamic echoing atmospheres haunt the listener. Madness unleashes at 1:40 as twisted leads disease the flow of the track in a massive, impressive way. From here on its alien like leads doing the damage. Extremely cold, slow atmospheres branch through the track's matrix like creepers. Unexpected bassline variations begin at 5:35 as the track takes several twists and turns guided by faint effects and shrill leads. The track almost gets harmonic and pretty towards the end with the way the the highs are played with. The track's abrupt end will leave you twidling your thumb vulnerably, waiting to be swallowed by the next track on this line up. 9/10

7. JellyHeadz - Argonauts : A dark twisted atmosphere of epic proportions gives way to the fastest "sounding" track of the CD. If E.T ever appeared through the speakers while this track played i would'nt be surprised. Alienated atmospheres are created which seem to drift around gently but tend to drop off extremely abruptly. A spooky male vocal surfaces, "There is a terrible storm and all the lights have gone out, your awaken, by the incessant beat of a heart under your bed, do you dare look under the matress, with trembling fingers...." JellyHeadz welcome you to horror land with this track. The kick is soon back with fury, as choppy litte leads surround the track with creepy, uncomfortable atmospheres moving in and out of the track. A raw, electric layer that plays monotonously sticks out irregularly. The general feel of this track is similar to that of Goa Gil's project The Nommos, very raw and acidy sounding A faint voice sample saying "help me" is heard with a trumpet exclamation in the background. High's are played around with brilliantly at 5:40 onwards. At 6:30 flat unexpected broken beats amble with no sense of time bounding them. Very soon, the kick returns, strongly complimented by electric leads and subtle bassline variations. Another masterpiece on this power packed CD! 9/10

8. JellyHeadz - Deconstructor : A piercing layer with a short sample introduces Deconstructor. A spiralling spaced out effect cuts through the track as playful leads add a twist to the story. Gears change at 1:50 as the track gets more uplifting, with abrupt broken leads adding a sort of monotonous frying feel to the track. At 2:50 the track gets deeper with the bassline, which is soon merged with polyphonic sound effects and high's. Half way through the track cool percussion work comes into play as weird atmospheres take the spotlight. At 4:45 wired leads add contrast to the track as they have an "out of place" feel to them which is what makes such music unique and interesting. The track gets more and more twisted as its end approaches, sounds collide and ethereal soundscapes are produced. 8/10

9. JellyHeadz - Cryminal : A serious, hard bassline erupts from weird effects. The track is rather simplistic compared to the rest. Despite it sounding so trippy, its rather sober and minimalistic sounding on comparison to the rest of the tracks on the CD. Monotonous leads flow through the track. The track has a rather outdoor morning foresty feel to it. The track gets a bit twisted towards its middle as cartoon like sound riffs are introduced into the track. The track progresses to have almost video game sounding leads and effects, as sounds remain simple and collaborate one by one with the bassline. Perfect way to end of the CD, rather nice and melow. 6/10

So thats that....The CD was definitely worth the wait in my opinion, and most tracks on this CD should keep listeners occupied for quite some time, and just when you begin to throw your next tantrumm, the next installment will come shooting out at you through the pipeline. Keep your eyes and ears open, Tantrumm promises a MASSIVE year ahead. Killlllllllearrrrrrr job again dearie Fria

Cheers!

Rajat

Jelly Headz - Pollution Violence Technology is out NOW! Grab your copy at :

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/tan/tan1cd003.html

http://www.wirikuta.at/web66/product_detail.jsp;jsessionid=GBMJGAFAEMBI?showDetail=143642

http://www.beatspace.com/dettagli/dettaglio.asp?id=3126

http://saikosounds.com/english/display_release.asp?id=6266

http://www.wakyo.jp/detail/?cat_no=TANCD003
dE.Tonatik
Detonatik

Started Topics :  83
Posted : Dec 26, 2006 14:33

this album is superrr
Mega Boom For Jelly-Headz

all the best beasts

good review mr rajatrAo

deton@tik
          out now
http://parvati-records.com/music-shop/cd/out-of-time
Black Cat
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  16
Posted : Dec 26, 2006 15:32
Waooooooo...super nice album!!!

...and Rajat my friend,,,u made an other killer review again!!!

Bom Bom           http://www.myspace.com/discovalleyrecordsgoa
DVRcd001Nocturne*DVRcd002AcidMutants
DVRcd003PsychoCell*DVRcd004HastaLasPastillas*DVRcd005Dark Side of GOA
DVRcd006CHApoRAS Tribal Dance*DVRcd007 1001 Nights*DVRcd008 Triton OUT!
dE.Tonatik
Detonatik

Posted : Dec 26, 2006 16:06
but i must say the way last rk has been reviewed is not so much the way it is in fact this trk is a monster ...also there s an epic feel to this trk the way it progresses ..classic in my book

Wizack Twizack
Wizack Twizack

Started Topics :  239
Posted : Dec 26, 2006 16:47
Very strong album, been hearing it for a while now and its perfect for a party. every track is full of full power 154bpm dance mayham!
not my cup of tea for homelistening but on a huge PA its nothing but the best.. basslines are killer and all those liquid leads and sounds are super nice.. very good jobb!

bOm..           For Contact & Bookings:
Wizack_Booking@hotmail.com
www.soundcloud.com/wizack_Twizack
New Album Out: Wizack Twizack - IV (Ovnimoon Records 2011) http://www.beatport.com/#release/wizack-twizack-iv/387698
grk

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Dec 28, 2006 00:29
thx rajat for good reply

i respect u ,for good explanations

jellyheadz
rajatrao5
Inactive User
Posted : Dec 28, 2006 03:28
@Detonatik/VortexCortex....my man this review does not and is not meant to speak for the 'entire public.'I frankly dont care about what anyone says about this CD as i enjoyed it thoroughly. It is a personal review which displays MY specefic opinion on this CD. I personally felt the last track wasnt great but its all a matter of personal tastes. You are more than welcome to add your review here and i will gladly read it too as i respect and trust your tastebuds with regard to psy. Anyways ive called this album quits for the next couple of weeks, haha the first hearing fried me enough!
Good job freakos
Rajat
dE.Tonatik
Detonatik

Posted : Dec 28, 2006 11:51

yahh ..the review is nice ..
and i did ADD to the trk review which i thought was lil incomplete or may be not in the right mould (cryminal)

deton@tik
SHICHT
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  15
Posted : Dec 28, 2006 15:42
Very Very nice !!!

I got my cd on monday , but i worked all week so i didnt had time to listen.. only today BOOM!!!
the review only made me moreee horny on this cd

well , I WILL GO NOW AND LISTEN TO THE CD IN MY MONSTER SPEEKER STEREO SYSTEM on the origynal cd
so much happy !@!!
well be back soon with some thoughts on this amazing cd..
i waitad sooooo looong for this one...
Night

***follow the old faith and stay high***
Methodic Marble
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  54
Posted : Dec 29, 2006 06:45
THIS ALBUM FUCKING ROCKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
SHICHT
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  15
Posted : Dec 29, 2006 14:55
i gave a good listen to the cd yesterday ..

OH MY FUCKIN GOD

this is true ALIEN music.
Amazing atmosphere , Dark & Powerfull @!@

very nice job. from what i hear it perfect mastering.
best psycho in a twisted fucked up way ! errrr!! so good.
very very hard album. EXTREME HARDCORE

from now , i can tell u guys that i like the entire cd
but this is for now ...

well this album is INSANE ! i recommand u ppl to buy it...
GRATE JOB by the france alien

KEEP up the DARK work

ENJOY THIS NIGHT!!!

***follow the old faith and stay high***
rajatrao5
Inactive User
Posted : Dec 29, 2006 23:34
It isnt dark. Its just jelly
hallucinator
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  63
Posted : Dec 30, 2006 03:02
good album and good review rajat bro

u always kills me with ur words !

anyway good job JELLY`s !

respect to tantrumm rec !
          Hallucinated Neighbour / Silent Existence
http://www.ektoplazm.com/label/silent-existence
[cactus]

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Dec 30, 2006 03:20
good luck with this killlaa albommm
keep up with yuor killler music
m8:)
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Tantrumm Records : JellyHeadz - Pollution Violence Technology TAN1CD003 (2006)

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance