Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  North America - ...:::///T.O.U.C.H. Samadhi - 5th Annual Arts & Music Festival - Sept 19-21 2008\\\:::...
← Prev Page
7 8 9 10 11
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

...:::///T.O.U.C.H. Samadhi - 5th Annual Arts & Music Festival - Sept 19-21 2008\\\:::...

psymonk

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Sep 25, 2008 22:18
for sure.

next year in gemini, the west coast will see what it means to truly stomp away to the trance dance experience!
brace yourselves for the full power, booty shaking, teeth grinding, hills leveling, worlds bridging, pure goa style tandav! brace yourselves to this pulse of east energy heading your way!

boom shankar!
.:DRAGON:.
Dragon

Started Topics :  18
Posted : Sep 26, 2008 05:11

Video Sunday midday mayhem ;-)

New Album : Spirals of Time : Now Available !
www.nodatagency.com/artists/dragon/
nod

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Sep 28, 2008 10:20
definitely another wonderful weekend at deerfields

special thanks to all the folks who made this one come together, organizers and dancers alike!

i unfortunately didn't get to the trance stage as much as i would have liked, i needed to catch up on some sleep before heading to taiwan the monday after the festival...

i hope to see some more pics up here soon, i know i saw a lot of cameras out there

peace & dub!
nod           http://www.djnod.net
PookztA
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  20
Posted : Sep 28, 2008 12:51
hell yeah, you guys are blessed to have such amazing land to rock these events at! beautiful video, such a great looking crowd for the mid-day hours! can't wait to make it out there, hopefully this coming summer, to come partake in the festivities.

i wish more people posted videos, i really enjoyed that one! twas fun to focus on an individual person and see them bobbin' around from so far away.

great stuff guys, keep up the professional events!           Abrahm
Spreading Psytrance and Love in the Midwest USA

Quote:
9/11 Challenge: Explain the Evidence http://pookzta.blogspot.com

m-squared

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Sep 28, 2008 20:15
Well... what a way to end the summer! Thanks to everyone that made this possible. This fest has always stood above every other North American one in my eyes because of both the pure essence of nature in which it takes place and the positive spirit of just about everyone who comes!

However, I have to say that the festival ended on quite a sour note... though I must emphasize it was not in any way due to the organizers but rather our unkindly hosts.
As we all have to learn to take the good with the bad, fortunately the good undeniably offset the bad to make this a wonderful experience. However.... the bad may be enough to keep me and my friends away from Deerfields forever. And I hope all trancers that travel long distances to enjoy Deerfields take note.

First the good. Big up to Kri for all the preparation, organization, and execution that made this fest enjoyable, relaxing, and blissful from beginning to end. Dragon -- you rocked our worlds as you always did, and whoa! what a set Primordial laid out! (too bad I missed the set at the chill....but you got to sleep sometime and you'll always miss at least one!). And can't forget Oso who followed up with an outstanding morning set on Sat.

However, in contrast to the outstanding music, amazing and inspiring people from all around, and solid organization, I was extremely disappointed with the attitude and treatment of the Deerfields land owners and hosts.

As way of background, we came down from New York - me and a group of friends as we always have for the last four years. Deerfields has always been our favorite location of all of up and down the east coast... from Pow Wow to Ka-Pow through to Reunion (and of course we can't forget the successive World Bridges and Goa Gil annuals as well!) The nature at Deerfields really is a power all unto itself and the experiences we have had--whether in the acoustics of the open fields, escaping in the trails up in the hills, or soaking up the sun in the apple orchard--are unparalleled. As a result, we have always come down with the utmost respect to the hosts who have allowed us on their land and reverence of the endless power of nature that abounds there.

Unfortunately, however, that respect is in no way reciprocated. True, it has become obvious to me over the years how poorly some visitors take care of the land--not recycling, abandoning trash next to trees as if they were trash cans, or tossing cigarette butts on the ground like it was Yankee stadium. So to one extent, I understand the resentment and condescension the Deerfields owners and "hosts" shed on the "weekend warriors of trance" who come to their beautiful land and expect everyone else to clean up after them. Nevertheless, it is also very apparent to me that not everyone there disrespects nature in this way and some--if not most--equally cherish it as much as the owners themselves do.

As a result, I found it entirely, undeniably, and irrevocably unACCEPTable that no matter who you were, no matter how respectful you were to the owners and their land, and no matter what your predicament-- every visitor and guest to the festival (and to Deerfields) was kicked off the land at 5pm sharp on Sunday. To be fair, I recognize that this was stated on the flyer and told to everyone upon entry. But it seems to fly entirely in the face of the spirit and attitude that brings everyone to their land to enjoy the freedom of nature in the first place! What freedom of spirit and nature are the owners themselves manifesting by selfishly taking "our" rent money for the weekend and tossing us out on our asses and disposing of us when it is all done! Especially when you take into account that on other days (when there is no festival) Deerfields can be used as a campground for other campers for a nominal fee of $10. But suddenly our $10 was not acceptable...despite the fact that we were already there and settled into the nature, despite the fact that we kept our site spotless and trash-free, and despite the fact that we opened our arms with hospitality to some of the people that worked there and offered them a freshly-cooked meal with our own food!

The fact that our group had either driven 16 hours or spent $400 to fly down there and had nowhere to go to that night made no difference. The fact that our camp was already set up and we were forced to break down and find another place to sleep at sundown on Sunday in the middle of our "trip" was irrelevant to them. The fact that the owners even led us on until early in the afternoon on Sunday that we might be able to stay the night (which incidentally we have been able to each of the last four years) didn't matter!

Well, with that response, I see now how the Deerfields people are. I see how "spiritual" and close to nature they really are. And I see how wanted us "outsiders" are. And while I love this festival, I sincerely appreciate Kri (and I can't forget Monkey!!) and what he has down this year (and over the years), I must say that I (and most of the group that came with me from the tri-state area) are never coming down to Deerfields again if we are to be treated in this fashion.

So not to leave on too sour a note. I thank Kri and the Touch Samadhi crew whole-heartedly for making this event happen. But I implore them to have a word with the Deerfields people about how to treat their guests and make sure the entire weekend stay (even if it lasts until Monday morning) on their wonderful land can be enjoyed and appreciated to the fullest extent deserved.

Because if we are to be treated like mindless cattle who bought tickets to a show and have to be physically removed when the curtains fall, then it entirely defeats the purpose of making such a long trek to enjoy not just a festival but the incomparable and lovely nature at Deerfields in the first place. This attitude contradicts the freedom of spirit so dear to most true people in trance, and I hope the Deerfields owners don't get away with such deplorable treatment ever again in the future. Because if they do, I can be sure I and my friends will not be there again to take part.

Again, I want to emphasize this is in no way a reflection of the festival itself, the Touch Samadhi organizers, and Kri. Despite my harsh words, I truly hope we are able to bounce to the reverberating bass lines in the open air together once again....
krisamadhi
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  114
Posted : Sep 29, 2008 17:21
Hey man sorry those things happened to you, If we would have known that this was happening we would have tried our best to resolve the issues so you would have been able to stay an extra night. We were trying to keep ticket costs down, but next year we will see what we can do about extending the festival till monday.

Live and learn
          Kri
Mastering and Mixing Service:
http://audiovalvemastering.com/
Music:
http://www.djkri.com http://www.touchsamadhi.com
kArO
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  11
Posted : Oct 1, 2008 10:36
i sat on a pile of bones and watched skeletons walk on water. beat the drum! gratitude and love!
somarobotics
Somarobotics

Started Topics :  8
Posted : Oct 2, 2008 22:18
Cheers for another succesful event @ Deerfields! Congrats to all organizers, artists and participants!
Pure Perception Records
Pure Perception Records

Started Topics :  92
Posted : Oct 4, 2008 17:05
hey m-squared dont let that 1 time ruin everything and the rest of your experiences at deerfields! i know that guy was being a nazi but next time you guys can just drive down to greenville and stay with us if needed, but hopefully the festival can go on into monday next year!

peace

kameleon
Pure Perception Records
Pure Perception Records

Started Topics :  92
Posted : Oct 31, 2008 08:01
finally got around to recording my set from Equinox:

Kameleon - Equinox Festival

http://pangeaproductions.org/music/kameleon/kameleon-equinox.htm

tracklist:
1. Yudhisthira - On the way to Mathura
2. Abnormal Project - Submission
3. Imaginary Sight - Sound
4. Yab Yum - Ghee
5. Ajja featuring Dj Gaspard - Piratatoville
6. Ocelot - Raide the Wav
7. Bodhisattva 13:20 - Nokturnal Trancendance
8. Samadhi - Kalinka Psymalinka
9. Dimitri Zara vs. Synthogen - Galactica
10. Aerofurious - Atom Core
11. Dimitri Zara - Alessinha
12. Bodhisattva 13:20 - sheen peter
13. Transdriver - HedgeHog rmx

cant wait for next year!!

http://www.pureperceptionrecords.org/
LumaDaylight
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  48
Posted : Nov 5, 2008 17:09
didnt get the chance to make it to this...no means of transportation..how many people would you say showed up?
bastardsamadhi

Started Topics :  9
Posted : Nov 6, 2008 04:12
Quote:

On 2008-11-05 17:09, LumaDaylight wrote:
didnt get the chance to make it to this...no means of transportation..how many people would you say showed up?

something like 350 incld. non-deerfields staff / artists

Trance Forum » » Forum  North America - ...:::///T.O.U.C.H. Samadhi - 5th Annual Arts & Music Festival - Sept 19-21 2008\\\:::...
← Prev Page
7 8 9 10 11
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance