Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page and 1 guest
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Symphonix - The Wild Life (Blue Tunes) 11/2008

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Symphonix - The Wild Life (Blue Tunes) 11/2008

aje
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  99
Posted : Dec 16, 2008 00:38:58
Symphonix – The Wild Life

Label: Blue Tunes Recordings
Catalog#: BTRCD022
Format: CD, Album
Released: Nov 2008

Tracklisting:
1 Trip Away
2 System Float
3 Smoking Ace
4 Floating Mirror
5 Freq Box
6 Freaking Out
7 The Good Old Times
8 Home Sweet Home
9 Resting Voltage
10 Miles To Go

Ever since one fateful 11-hour drive from VuuV to Ozora Festival in the summer of 2008, the music of the Symphonix will for me be forever linked to the noxious fumes emanating from one of my dear friends´ ass. I will call him J. for the purpose of this little review here, in order not to expose him and his gaseous ways on a public forum.

But let me elaborate. In the summer of 2008 about 20 friends and I went on a trip to VuuV festival and then continued on to Ozora festival in Hungary. J. was kind enough to give me a ride in his rather small car, along with his girl and another friend. After VuuV I had really bad cramps in my legs because I danced so much and didn’t sleep for 3 days, so when I tried to stuff my 1,95 cm frame into his tiny car, the cramps got a lot worse. As luck would have it, J. had prescription muscle relaxers from an earlier back injury, and he gave one to me. After about 5 minutes in the car, I heard a dirty laugh coming from his direction followed by the smell of rotten eggs mixed with the unwashed vagina of a geriatric crackwhore about 30 seconds later. I loudly expressed my disgust and tried to find a comfortable position in the car so I could finally get some well deserved rest. Little did I know of the olfactory horrors that were awaiting me…

Now, I had taken muscle relaxers before at one point, but never after 3 days of partying with absolutely no sleep. As we got onto the highway, I slowly felt the muscle relaxers kicking in, and I fell into a weird half-sleep, where I was strangely conscious, yet I absolutely could not move one single muscle. I imagine it was like eating Fugu, an out-of-body experience but without the deadly outcome. As I submerged into that trance-like state, J. told his girlfriend “Put on Symphonix”, and she did as she was told.

And that’s when the Symphonix CD and the products of my friend’s lower intestine melted into one strange synaestetic trip of hypnotic pumping beats and smells so hideous, even Tubgirl would have turned green in her face (actually, her face probably would have stayed brown…). Every 5 minutes or so, I heard a dirty little laugh, followed by a proud exclamation along the lines of “I don’t know if you still classify that as biological warfare, considering all the chemicals I ate at VuuV it technically must be considered chemical warfare, höhöhöhö” or “That’s why I could never be gay, whoever sticks his dick in my ass, it would immediately fall off, the environment is toxic down there, hahahahaha”.

I was helpless, one minute I smelled the decomposing corpse of a 500-pound fat Samoan woman after it was lying at the bottom of a sewage treatment plant for a few weeks, the next I smelled one of Goa Gils dreads And there was nothing I could do about it. I was paralyzed, only my nose was working better then ever. To add insult to injury, we made a stop where J. and his girlfriend went outside for a while. As he returned to the car he made sure to close all doors and windows, issued forth a thunderous fart and victoriously proclaimed “Ahhh, now I feel at home again!”

Anyways, later I found out that what we listened to was the first Symphonix CD “Music Prositute”. And let me tell you, that prostitute specializes in anal. Strangely enough, the multisensory experience in the car made me really seek out the new Symphonix CD, “The Wild Life”. Even though I was never a big fan of their music before (except their track “Druids” with that awesome haunting sample of a deranged woman screaming “Liar”), I discovered a certain hypnotic deepness in their music during that drive that I had never noticed before. Luckily, “The Wild Life” is better then everything they have done in the past.

Symphonix certainly did not re-invent the wheel on this record, but they dramatically improved on their trademark sound. The signature hypnotic synths that sound like they were recorded driving through a tunnel are still present, and so are the somewhat dry progressive grooves. But there is a lot more “flesh on the bones” because the tracks appear much more colorful and dynamic compared to their older stuff. And IMHO one sure hit is on this record, the perfectly titled “The Good Old Times”. That little lead melody made me jump right out of my chair when I first heard it. Even though it is only a few seconds long, it perfectly captures the feeling of happy nostalgia that Symphonix probably tried to express given the tracks` name. Another stand-out is “Home Sweet Home”, an exploration of how deep one can go using the means of prog. psy. Really hypnotic trippy shit, I`m sure it would inspire J. to dig very deep into his bowels to see what torturous smells he could unleash next into this world. And I also really enjoy “System Float”, a very typical Symphonix track that I´m sure works wonders on the dancefloor, particularly after the break. The other tracks are all good to ok, but nothing that really stands out, except maybe “Resting Voltage”, which kind of experiments with dark techy atmospheres.

Last but not least, I want to point out the cool cover of this album, especially considering the cheesy atrocity that was the cover of Music Prostitute. Nice color scheme, reminds me of Miami Vice. Perfect for abuse, hehehe… Anyways, a good solid album with 1 superb track (7), one great track (8) and one very good track (2).

Höhöhöhöhöhöhö……

Check out my album: http://www.ektoplazm.com/free-music/gay-satanic-hippie-tiefenrausch
pfc

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Dec 16, 2008 01:24
I just want to say THANX Symphonix for this brilliant album...so deep,so hypnotic,perfect clear production(much better then first album)...
The touch of the brothers is very unique and makes me adictive to their music...Mounth ago i was thinking that Perfect stranger will be best album in 2008 but this piece of art blow me away...With every listening i find new moments and details in the music which dont leave me to say this is the best track...Yes,the good old times is superb but what about smoking ace and trip away,basketball rhytm with freaking out,melancholy with the last three tracks...the brilliant samples in the last track...The psychedelics in System float...And many many great moments in 80minutes...

10/10!!!
pr0fane
Multiphase

Started Topics :  418
Posted : Dec 16, 2008 11:50
Thumbs up to aje for making a review mostly discussing farts, yet still ending with a positive rating

I still don't have the album, but I admit the sample of "The Good Old Times" sounds very nice.
          DJ pr0fane (Iboga Records) | Multiphase
www.sunrisesupplies.com | www.iboga.dk | www.soundcloud.com/pr0fane
klaxer
Koan / Vacuum Stalkers

Started Topics :  11
Posted : Dec 16, 2008 12:23
I confirm: "The Good Old Times" - best track on album. Congratulation Symphonix!
GuyShanti
Aerospace

Started Topics :  112
Posted : Dec 16, 2008 13:59
aje - thumbs up for the review and the fact you survived the trip to be able to tell about it....

G
          http://www.myspace.com/aerospacemusic

Aerospace – Re Entry EP on beatport.com
https://www.beatport.com/en-US/html/content/release/detail/276014/Re%20Entry%20EP
aje
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  99
Posted : Dec 16, 2008 19:18
Hahaha, its funny you reply to this thread Guy, because we listened to Aerospace as well during that drive (J`s girlfriend is probably your biggest fan in the world). But that was later when I was already awake and had the ability to open the window...

And "The Good Old Times" really is an awesome track.

Check out my album: http://www.ektoplazm.com/free-music/gay-satanic-hippie-tiefenrausch
Pavel

Started Topics :  312
Posted : Dec 16, 2008 22:27
Best review ever           Everyone in the world is doing something without me
GuyShanti
Aerospace

Posted : Dec 17, 2008 09:45
Quote:

On 2008-12-16 19:18, aje wrote:
Hahaha, its funny you reply to this thread Guy, because we listened to Aerospace as well during that drive (J`s girlfriend is probably your biggest fan in the world). But that was later when I was already awake and had the ability to open the window...

And "The Good Old Times" really is an awesome track.

you are a strong man to have endured this horror

G           http://www.myspace.com/aerospacemusic

https://www.beatport.com/en-US/html/content/release/detail/276014/Re%20Entry%20EP
ProgMoon23
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  127
Posted : Dec 17, 2008 10:19
Symphonix - The good old times

A.Rosengren
Solid Snake

Started Topics :  266
Posted : Dec 22, 2008 01:07
Quote:

On 2008-12-16 22:27, Pavel wrote:
Best review ever

I could almost smell the decomposing samoan lady who crawled up your friends ass and died at VuuV, allthou i must admit having the tent next to Eskimo at VuuV when we were there is far worse than sitting in a car together with a fartingmachine.

Great Review

A
blue tunes records
blue tunes records

Started Topics :  52
Posted : Dec 24, 2008 10:55
out on beatport

https://www.beatport.com/en-US/html/content/release/detail/151351/the_wild_life

enjoy!
shahar
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  155
Posted : Dec 24, 2008 11:41
Quote:

(J`s girlfriend is probably your biggest fan in the world).

You mean the only fan

Great review aje.. hehe...           ---------------------------------------------
"Be the change you want to see in the world!"
M.K. Gandhi

"There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that's your own self."
Aldous Huxley

GuyShanti
Aerospace

Posted : Dec 24, 2008 12:00
Quote:

On 2008-12-24 11:41, shahar wrote:
Quote:

(J`s girlfriend is probably your biggest fan in the world).

You mean the only fan

Great review aje.. hehe...

i know of AT LEAST 2 more           http://www.myspace.com/aerospacemusic

Osho
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  129
Posted : Jan 3, 2009 11:28
Great review and outstanding album from Symphonix
I really dig it a lot, perfect for home listening, car, and off course great DJ tool for the
Dance floors, very pumping, uplifting with hyper cool rhythms and solid grooves, keeping in each track a great build ups and with a story inside like the good old music, with new approach

Psychedelic Progressive Trance on his best...

Keep it up!

Progress In Music!
J
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  193
Posted : Jan 5, 2009 00:58
What a trip²!!
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Symphonix - The Wild Life (Blue Tunes) 11/2008

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance