Author

Sum up of 2006 and hopes for 2007

HIKARI
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  25
Posted : Jan 9, 2007 13:21
Hello everybody of the Forums.
Happy New Year.
Everything has started to move over here in the far east and we are all in business.

Lately in the Japan forums all we get are Party Infos.
So, lets discuss what your thoughts were for the trance scene in the year 2006 and what your vision for 2007 are.

For me if i sum up the year 2006 into one word it is Underground.
What I saw for the year 2006 is that the trance scene was once again going underground. With all the clubs banning trance, all the parties are being held at small new venues.
So i am pretty sure all the underground people are having their fun, and once again trance is coming to a place were it always has been.

The year 2007, i am guessing will be the continuation of the Underground movement.
The age of the BIG organizers(VQ,Solstice,Arcadia) will come to an end and all the organizers will become the same in size and popularity(VQ,TPE,SIRUIS,MOTHER,SOLSTICE,etc...).

Nothing really bad, just everything is making its shift in the every lasting cycle of trance. mainstream to underground to mainstream to underground.

Btw, cd sales for trance are at an all time low(which i say everytime) but they are declining all the time. From the once 3000 cds per title to 300 cds.

well tell me what you people think?
mad factory
drap drop

Started Topics :  31
Posted : Jan 10, 2007 05:17
happ new year dude and i wish all my bests for you
in this blasting 2007!well about what i think for that...
well let say...in japan yes the scene start get underground
again...but...i think like you say...it will be get small
but not for all!solstice i hear they partys are allmost from
1000 to 1500 ppl maximum...but mother they party still
get more and more ppl...i hear last mother in ageha was
3300ppl!and las VQ in makuhari was 8000ppl this was
like a GATHERING FESTIVAL but indoor!so...i think now it
will be hard to the small and medium oganaizers who try
to make they partys from 300 to get more bigger for ex.
1000ppl party...yes for that i think it will be hard!cause
allmost the clubs in tokyo get closed the doors for trance
scene!but i bilieve who are allready big...will still keep
bigger!and one idea i have for the small and medium
party oganaizers is...keep they money to the SUMMER
SEASON to make OUTDOOR PARTYS...why i think like
that?well it easy and smart...if we keep money for
summer season we can make good party and little big for
a size lets say for ex. 1500 to 2000ppl!this yes we can
make in outdoor!so...if the party will be good and get
the limit costumers...the oganaizer make the money to
RENT A BIG VENEU like a Differ Ariake or Zeep Tokyo!
the only ones still open for trance scene!if we make party
with good line up on that clubs...for sure the costumers
will come!thats what i think!and about underground yes
its true it will be little bit more underground in japan!
but overseas...this get more big and big!for exemple
in brasil now we have 30000ppl festival about more then
4 times a year...and not only one oganaizer..there are few
more then 4 big ones who make that size party!the other
who the brasilian call small party is about 5000ppl!i have
played in brasil for a privet party like they say in many...
but its privet party but there is about 1000ppl on the
dance floor!i make one party with out flyers and i got 600
ppl payed...200 guests verry easy!with only 2weeks
promotion on the e-mails and orkut!so the problem in
japan is now there are no veneus thats the problem!
but if u got money...u can make it big at the first shot!
other think...now is a bomber in the psytrance partys
and at the progressive partys are the ELETRO!i think
that will be get more bigger in japan...now it is verry
commercial in the other countrys like in brasil and europe
and america!i start play eletro also by other name...
check it...
http://www.myspace.com/eletrolatin

there u can hear my eletro dj mix!
hehe...sorry for promotion my self!hehehe
but i want show that to japanese ppl...i think this are
verry good for japan!
alaska vibes

Started Topics :  9
Posted : Jan 10, 2007 06:57
Well said Hikari and EL-5.

Yes, the scene in Japan is definitly limited by the venues during the winter months. At least in Japan, one doesn't have to pay major bribes to the police to hold a party, as in Thailand.

Regarding Brazil, it sounds like a wonderful place to have parties with many people coming. And not just samba, eh?

So...EL-5 doing electro? Seems like the trend these days. Many trance artists are entering this realm. Good stuff.

Will we get to hear an electro set @ Zepp when you play for VQ?

Anyhow, welcome back to Tokyo soon. See you @ Quintrix!

Peace.
mad factory
drap drop

Posted : Jan 10, 2007 12:56
yo alaska vibes...
hehehe....no you not will listen we play eletro on Zeep
at VQ there we just will do we live set...and Drap Drop
still on full on!but we will start a new project with new
name to start make ELETRO/TECH HOUSE/PROGRESSIVE
HOUSE AND MINIMAL STUFF!and dont forgot...u just will
listen i play eletro when u see DJ PIPE(AKA DJ E-L5/DRAP DROP)on the flyers!
and i plan to play that on the chill out areas...and eletro
partys and progressive partys...and ofcourse in the
summer season on the outdoor partys!just wait when u
see dj pipe...for sure u will listen i play eletro stuff!hehe
and we meet at quintrix verry soon...lets drink tekila!
and also a special drink i bring from brasil...killer one!
HIKARI
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Jan 11, 2007 07:00
Yes, with Beckers and all the new generation of Progressive/Electro House artists coming in, there is defeninently a change in the scene.

Electro House seems to be very big in the world. Im sure Japan will be changing very soon.

Well if anybody else can tell us about their 2006 or 2007. It would be appreciated!
danger
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  16
Posted : Jan 11, 2007 12:32
Ok, cd sales dropped down dramatically, but what's up with the digital sales in japan? is there any good digital shop? are they willing to buy from the internet? (itunes, beatport...)
Maybe this can help a lot.           Procyon Records
frenzyinducing psychedelic electronica
Beyond - http://www.myspace.com/beyondelectronica
Digital Syndicate

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Jan 14, 2007 04:26
Hikari, nice work as moderator.
Hope you are doing good.
CD sales dropped but more releases from all various new comers. Well, since a few years ago "everyone is a label manager" syndrome has been around still, so I see the total sales of cds are maybe the same. Speaking of Tower records and HMV Japan, they expand the section for more indy labels including techno/trance. It maybe hard for small record shops as most of labels now uses the same distribustion worldwide- Arabesque and Wirkuta. Like 10 years ago, it used to be very difficult to get cds thou. And of course, sometimes buying cds and vinyls from internet shops abroad is cheaper.

Progressive/Electro house has been huge for a long time in Europe while some criticizing progressive against full-on. But now, I assume many of psytrance lovers got tired of and dissapointed with the evolution of sound. Everyone love psy-goa trance culture and people but now if that stucks in the same place, people want something different. I had a same impression when I first saw and supported Christian D-Nox for his first Japanese appearance.
Funky progressive house with the perfect mix made people crazy on the floor.

I still listen various music, of course dark sick stuff as well as progressive house for fun. Have not been to the party for a year now but my close friends are having good time there so that is all matters for me now.

and Diogo, killer you play for VQ. Did not know you are back already but best of luck as always. Trust in Trance

Ken
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  63
Posted : Jan 19, 2007 13:27
happy new year everyone.
Good topic Hikari!
I agree with a lot of what Hikari said about 2006.
Mother is getting bigger. So is TPE. Fineplay is making some moves with CDs... etc. A lot of underground parties did well. Solstice numbers were down and so were VQ except for the Xmas party Diogo mentioned - fingers crossed for their continued health. A lot of clubs closed... Yokohama clubs, Club Citta Kawasaki, Club M, Spiral / Mazel, and some in Osaka too.

2007?
I think TPE has a chance to grow. And Dana and Nik seem to have a lot of plans for BrainBusters. Hopefully Solstice and VQ festivals will recover... they were hit by bad weather last year, let hope for good weather this year. I think the big organizers line-ups dont change much but I'm very interested to see who the underground organizers bring this year and what they'll do after having a good year last year. I've heard a few rumours that I cant really mention here at this time but I think there are going to be a few new things this year. Its good to see the scene in Japan changing. I think its very dynamic and has a lot of energy! Good luck to everyone this year!

The music was like new black polished chrome
that came over the sky like liquid night.

psy16.com
Ken
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Jan 19, 2007 13:35
just wanna add... I think the garuo invasion is here stay, actually the influx will probably surge. at least they buy CDs!!!

and be careful!
the party police presence is getting stronger! One weekend I went to 3 big parties and saw the same policeman in a suit at each party.           The music was like new black polished chrome

psy16.com
goa-ganges
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  66
Posted : Jan 22, 2007 15:09
Hum my opinion: I staryed out of the scene in 2006. Some things caught my attention, but most times at the last minute I sorta gave up. Me lacking energy, perhaps. I bought only 5 CDs the whole year(and dindīt dowldd any - no good stuff around to dwd), most tech-trance such as Cujorious One. Very good, indeed. But itīs little for someone who used to buy tens every month...and funny, I donīt miss the parties or the music.
But I stay around, always hoping for a change for good. Perhaps next Astral Projection album, who knows? But I guess thereīs only a few waiting for such thing to happen. Most of my friends, for instance, they donīt care about trance anymore. It was clear how trance is on its way down after the results of the Isratrance 2006 Poll - only 200 names voted for this or that artists. Of the 5,000 members, only 5% wanted to say something - as was pointed by someone on that boring thread.

As for 2007, I do hope a good scene here in Japan. I donīt care about small or big parties - I care about the sound, and I think itīs not going to be different from ī06. But, anyway, I hope itīs gonna be a great year for those involved in the scene. Names Iīd like to see(but very likely wouldīnt go to check): Tristan, Prometheus, MWNN, Transwave(if their much-expected release will be up to their past name), Astral, and all the names which sounded good someday.

Great 2007!

Peace and Love.
HIKARI
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Jan 22, 2007 15:51
Well, Digital Sales here in Japan are big for sure!
Digital as in Mobile Phone, digital.
If i break down the CD market(including mainstream,hiphop,j-pop etc...), The digital sales are at 8%.
of this 8% more than 90% comes from ringtones and chaku-uta's(real songs).
So u can see the mobile phone industry is big.
Its a new market out there and its been out there.

If your a small label and you want your stuff to reach people, i would try a digital label. Not internet, but directed to the mobile phone industry.
Internet download is awful in Japan.
You take I-tunes for example, THE TOP Selling artist in Japan, and you have about 5000 downloads. Its nothing...

Well n e wayz going a little off-topic.

Hope we have a great 2007.
and good luck to all the people coming to and supporting the japan scene.
Ken
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Jan 26, 2007 11:11
I just read psyreviews predictions for 2007. Found these very funny. Check it out... http://www.psyreviews.net/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1           The music was like new black polished chrome

psy16.com
koalakube
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  48
Posted : Jan 29, 2007 07:45
I do agree with you Hikari when you say thatpsy cd sales are lower than ever at the moment,but the figure you are giving are very far away from the truth.

Also you are totally wrong about the number/quality of download service to PC here in JApan.I dunno where you get those numbers,they are just wrong (5000 downloads from Itune?in 1 month?1 year? 1 week?)

Defenetly Id say that download-to-phone service are big here.

Generally Id say that the chainstores sales are declining and the indipendent shops are having a better time.
over there

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Feb 6, 2007 06:24

RIP - Shin (Phi/Shinnorama/Symphonics), thanks for all great music, respect memory.

Best party - [not say name on here, so keep underground, haha!]: great deco and concept, older crowd, always positive and psychedelic vibe, because advance online ticket only, absolutely no ticket at entrance, this is best system. (They always sold out)

Worst party - Mother's Power of Sun (Son Kite/System 7), I love these artist, but here big anti-climax - not so special live psychedelic space jam, and crowd was 50% Nagoya chimpira-gangster (System 7 is original hippy peace-and-love people!)

Trend - 'electro' - hahaha!

I hope less alcahol drinking - too much alcahol drinking killing psy trance partys vibe in Japan, same as world scene I think. Even in Japanese underground scene (e.g. Earth Energy/Psy 16) people over-drinking and messy and make traouble for other people.

Psy trance scene grow/go on, original people grow up and go away from psy trance, and only consumer type trend-following young people fill gap of attending parties. It's global trend. So I agree underground, make more nice vibe with positive, real psytrance people, not drinking macho chimpira (young, loud gangster) and gyaruo (Japanese suntan-glam-trash youngster).

But some time good big artist I like from big promoter like VisionQuest, so they must make more nice vibe from their ugly commercial party, they must rid of macho Israeli guys, trying to look like gangsta, and allways drug dealer easy to identify...looking at people but not dancing so much - maybe they part of VQ deco, hehe. Mother, Solstice, Sirius allways have too much chimpira in their party, so ugly vibe. Not promoter fault I guess, but maybe they don't care too much because they need enough people to pay cost of party and profit, and promote artist cd.

I am not interested about growing trend of download music to mobile phone. Becasue I am not teenager, hahaha. (Anyway, I don't think psytrance is big potential for this, more for mainstream genre music and consumer people.) CD sales also not so matter any more because its dieing - I hope Japanese artist do more online selling download direct to customer (for computer), quite cheap per track for buyer and more money per track for artists - great!

And peace and happiness for everyone in 2007. Bom shanti!
mad factory
drap drop

Posted : Feb 7, 2007 02:27
well i just played at last week in the ones of main stream
party in japan Vision Quest...well was blasting one!
and yes there was alot younger ppl...but they was enjoy!
there was no figth this time!well i didnt see any!~
i have played in many kind of partys...its not because big
or underground there are no fight or problems!
i have make a privet party with 100ppl and i get troubles!
was figth and police come to there and closed the party 2!
also i have played in outdoor party in nagano 2 years a go
300ppl party!there was also only shanti ppl...but some one
taKe 2 much and start make troubles and at end die by
overdose...and also police come and no ones go out or in
from the party place about 7 hours!so i dont think only
cause big or small party change!of course if is small
there is less chance to get trouble...but this because the
party is small!so...i think this history underground or
comercial are bullshit for my self!only cause party is
big ppl say that 2 comercial i dont like it!me few years a go
before start make music...i was think in the same way!
but after start make music and try to leave with this...
cause is the only job i can do...my visions change!
to keep make music we need money to buy equipaments
food,rental house,make studio etc...so to the oganaizer
payed the money we need they need also make money
aswell...this are a circle bussines!like a life!how u say to
us make money keeping this small...saling drugs?
im sorry...i dont need sale drugs to buy my computer
or synth,or food to my family!so i prefer ppl understand
this scene get big...not only because comercial and ppl
booking big names or other artists just to make money!
and also the artists not asking hi fees only cause we
think we are big or bullshit...is cause we also need money
to pay we all bills!me i have a child and i think here on
this forum not at all have one...maby few of you have...
and if u got one...for sure u will understand what i try
to say!~
Trance Forum ŧ ŧ Forum  Japan - Sum up of 2006 and hopes for 2007

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance