Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Son Kite- Receive part 2 12 (Digital Structures, Feb. 2003)

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Son Kite- Receive part 2 12 (Digital Structures, Feb. 2003)

shahar
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  155
Posted : Mar 19, 2003 10:30
Son Kite- Receive part 2 12" (Digital Structures, Feb. 2003)
A. Receive part 2 9:02
B. Sunset Street 8:57

Son Kite are back with a new 12", which in a way gives us a new Son Kite sound and feel. Slow, full of emotions, more melodic, very open and with a strong outdoor feel. If this is a sign for the upcoming third Son Kite album that is in the works now, than I'm a happy man.
The A side, Receive part 2, is just amazing, the best way to describe it will be as a blend of Der Dritte Raum's Hail-Bopp and early Union Jack. Mellow, moving, emotional, really grabs you from the inside and sends your spirit flying around. So full of music. Excellent. Best Son Kite track in my stereo for a long time.
The B side, Sunset Street, has more of the familiar Son Kite tribal rhythm, but topped with penetrating flying melodic lines and a mellow yet optimistic feel. Later the story develops into a happy ecstatic tribal explosion. I must say if feel more as a Sunrise Field than a Sunset Street to me.

Bottom Line: So much music. So much feel. Just beautiful. Two amazing track, no B side here really. Own it. Now.

---------------------------------------------
"Be the change you want to see in the world!"
M.K. Gandhi

"There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that's your own self."
Aldous Huxley

Zombi
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  375
Posted : Mar 19, 2003 11:02
im not own the EP (but wait for a distributer forces to bring it here) but Recieve Part 2 just amazed me during i listened to Son Kite free Live, its a one of this trax i will remember 4ever, just perfect music for my taste.

Believe your soul !
yossi
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  72
Posted : Mar 19, 2003 11:43
indeed an amazing EP release(!)

i always calimed that son kite r influenced by Der dritte raum...
but i found "recive part 2" more then just an influence.
i mean... i always looked @ son kite as a very special act, non repeating themself`s, very inovative. when i first heard "recive p 2" i was like... shit, its hail bopp!
and it bothers me.
y an act like son kite needs to do something that`s been already done?

but dont get me wrong... both sides a amazing and has top procudcion.
and sorry if im sounding too harsh... but i realy like son kite and have alot of respect to them... but it realy bothers me           if you want to be rich, u`ve got to be a bitch!
Gilad Refael
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  79
Posted : Mar 19, 2003 13:50
Quote:
If this is a sign for the upcoming third Son Kite album that is in the works now, than I'm a happy man.

indeed
amazing music!
          REHAB is for quitters
Misha(Overlap)
Neogen / Overlap

Started Topics :  29
Posted : Mar 19, 2003 14:17
Realy like this Ep!!!
Son kite is the best as Always:)
Mammoth Hunter

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Mar 19, 2003 18:34
Quote:

On 2003-03-19 11:43, yossi wrote:

i always calimed that son kite r influenced by Der dritte raum...

Didn't Seb say that in an interview somewhere? It sounds oddly familiar.

I'm another one of those people who buy CDs mostly, but I am listening to Receive Part 2 in the Son Kite Live Set as I'm writing this and it is another drop of sweetness, Son Kite style.

I can't wait for the third Son Kite album anymore. I started saying that it is long overdue last summer. .

Peace!
Surrender
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  506
Posted : Mar 19, 2003 19:39
I usually dont listen to much Scando trance, This blew my mind, let me give you the setting: my car, volume at optimum level, sunset - creamy peach orangey sky, dusk time... cool air... feels like 10:30pm in a Nordic Swedish summer (although it was only almost 6:00 pm ) im high a son-kite, and this music totally took me places. amazing! i like sunset street as well or even more. wow           "On the other hand, you have different fingers."
http://myspace.com/gadimon
yossi
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Mar 19, 2003 20:15
Quote:

On 2003-03-19 18:34, Mammoth Hunter wrote:
Didn't Seb say that in an interview somewhere? It sounds oddly familiar.

maybe... i realy dont know           if you want to be rich, u`ve got to be a bitch!
Mammoth Hunter

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Mar 19, 2003 22:10
yossi, i got it!

check the "Your Favorite German Artist" thread:
http://forum.isratrance.com/viewtopic.php?topic=12033&forum=1
that's where I saw Seb mention that Der Dritte Raum is his favorite German artist, . So you were right on w/ your comment.

Peace!
yossi
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Mar 19, 2003 22:19
cool           if you want to be rich, u`ve got to be a bitch!
Seb
Son Kite

Started Topics :  47
Posted : Mar 19, 2003 22:30
Happy to hear that you like this EP!
So about the similairity to the very famous track Hail Bopp. As the names tells you Recieve Pt 2 is a second chapter of the old Son Kite track Recieve. The track recieve is by many called our first hit and were actually a very big success both regarding sales (best selling Naja 12" ever) and licensings.
This track was made in a very early state in Son Kite's history and as many other newcomers we were trying to find our sound thru listening a lot to other producers that we appricated, this track became quite similair to Hail Bopp but we released it anyway .... since recieve pt 2 were supposed to have some similairity to pt 1 it obviously also have some similairities with Hail Bopp!!! So you're right! In my opinion it's not that similair but Yossi for sure have a point!
Anyway hope that you find some nice moments with it anyway!
Cheers!           Smile!
yossi
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Mar 19, 2003 22:48
seb, your answer is what i was waiting for... thanx

for sure its not similar in 100%, just for me personaly... it was too obvious. maybe its just me

and i did found alot of nice moments in/with this EP...
like i already said, both trax a great... its just that Hail Bopp is one of my all time favorite tracks, so it made my A side listening experience less fun and less "WOW"...

and again, lots of respect to u guys

if you want to be rich, u`ve got to be a bitch!
BionicPsyko

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Mar 19, 2003 22:51
we dont like it
we love it!!!
i do
shahar
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  155
Posted : Mar 21, 2003 11:57
I just wish there would be more music similar to Hale-Bopp...           ---------------------------------------------
"Be the change you want to see in the world!"
M.K. Gandhi

"There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that's your own self."
Aldous Huxley

Zombi
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  375
Posted : Mar 21, 2003 12:45
too bad old forum doesnt exist anymore, me and uzi said about DDR thing and its Son Kite interpritation about two years ago:)
          Believe your soul !
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Son Kite- Receive part 2 12 (Digital Structures, Feb. 2003)

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance