Posted : Dec 31, 2006 07:39
enjoy the glyph guys!!!!

mark and andrew is gonna rock canada!
Skoocha
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  10
Posted : Jan 3, 2007 12:31
As we were in Monreal for the week-end we decided to check this party
and what to say it could have been great but it was just ok...
the location itself was really average...
lost in a commercial zone next to Montreal...

The Decoration was not really impressive as well...and for sure didn't do anything to make this place better
no place to sit too really and so few interesting stands...

still a big thanx to those people selling fresh fruit juice they really help us staying in there !!!

So no second room to chill ?

when a party run for so long it seems compulsory to offer a place for dancers to chill ansd sit...
not just a couple of random chairs on the sides of the main room
Not mentionning the fact that sound level was definitely too high and since we couldn't escape the place...

As far as Artist performance goes...i was really disapointed to hear amateur's live and Dj's play from midnight to four
I mean this is when the Pros shall play...
not that Kode IV and Random did a bad job...their beat mixing skills are even pretty good
but i mean when you dj for such an event you have to take people on a journey not only play random tracks one after the next without looking at the crowd
a pretty bad sign too to see those dj's not dancing behind their decks...like they were bored as the audience was

When Phatmatix came on stage it was so obvious that they didn't belong to the same league
Sound quality improved right away as well as the selection
he really took people on a trip and made them yell and jump right away with his first track !!!

then came Hydraglyph with a really good Set both live and Dj wise
finally some trance and funk touches were delivered and we would have stayed till the end of their set if the location didn't got us so bad

On the positive side i must say that canadian people are really cool people to party with and i was so happy to meet a few of them there including Andre the owner of the Psychonaut trance shop in Montreal

was funny too to see so many people with gloves and glowstick it felt like we were 10 years back in time !!!

and if you go to Montreal soon please check the Museum of Modern Art the expos are amazing !!!

splinter
Splinter / Kode Six

Started Topics :  61
Posted : Jan 4, 2007 22:12
dude...it was the best party montreal has seen in forever... i dont know what party you ended up at..lol
paradigm
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  54
Posted : Jan 5, 2007 01:57
for real,... Random is anything but an amature(and to say so is quite a diss)... one of the USA's best whose production rivals almost anyone...
If Random played before Hydraglyph, you would not have noticed a change in sound quality. Its just that Phatmatix has a abnormally PHAT sound,which fits his name (i honestly cant play his cd, and make it blend with anything else including big time israeli stuff with out dramatically lowering the values)

also its not KodeIV its Kode VI (similar names but 2 very very different artists).... perhaps homework is in order before dissing others who put alot into what they do           
Logical Light Music - SF
Straylight Productions -SF
Sound/Mind - Denver
Xcience - Midwest

mixes for dl at :
http://www.thehothouse.net/straylight/paradigm/index.htm

"He who ha-ha's last, ha-ha's best"
splinter
Splinter / Kode Six

Started Topics :  61
Posted : Jan 6, 2007 02:28
actually it's neither Kode IV or Kode VI