Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Solar Fields - Leaving Home (Ultimae Records 2005) CD
← Prev Page
1 2
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Solar Fields - Leaving Home (Ultimae Records 2005) CD

intrees
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  18
Posted : Dec 20, 2005 00:08

Incredible album. Here's my mini review for Revolve magazine :-

<<
SOLAR FIELDS
Leaving Home
Ultimae Records
inre 017

Magnus Birgersson forms his third solo album for Lyon based Ultimae Records, released alongside the limited edition ‘Extended’ cd. Ultimae have built a reputation for releasing masterful, dramatic and in their own words ‘panoramic’ music since the first ‘Farenheit’ compilation, and this disc further explores these realms. The album is packaged with the typical Ultimae style, and contains a 14 page booklet of elegant photography.
The music flows through 11 stages of floating, enchanting and at times menacing soundsapes, created with synthesizers, guitar, veena and sitar. We ponder at moments of serene stillness, and then plummet into an aural cavern of sounds - this music will astound and relax, heal and engage you all at the same time… Pristine pads and tumbling rhythms, liquid atmospheres to explore with each listen…. The incredible futuristic ‘Insum’ pulses and roams through its 8 minutes, perfect balance of space and sitar, climbing elevating and magnificent… Melancholic, dark and mystical ‘Star Fruit’ and ‘Stereo hypnosis’… Crispy, echoed vaults of tabla and warmth here, rising into some tough drum and beats there… ‘Monogram’ tells more dark, sparkling tales, some beautiful liquid whale sounds breath through the sythns… Hints of Steve Roach’s floating compositions, bringing together the many sounds of the universe.

An album to listen to at any time of the day or night, will surely appeal to the full spectrum of trance and ambient freaks with it’s deep, timeless nature and astounding feelings. >>

Nice one Magnus !!!

- - It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice... - -

www.revolvemagazine.co.uk
Pasha
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  21
Posted : Dec 20, 2005 15:36
Another Solar Fileds release that was heavily used by my stereosystem.

Forgive me for not giving long reviews and track-by track definitions, lately I feel very strange in describing music.
Important for me are the feelings I get, from listening to it. Here I must say - I get the whole spectrum of what I like and again it's kinda strange to put in words.
Wonderful music, maybe a little "introspective" in a way, it's good to listen to it when you are alone, for example.

Ok, as Mr. Gahan of Depeche Mode sang: "words are meaningless and forgettable" : )
Very nice chilled spacey album, I like it.
Nathan
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  301
Posted : Dec 20, 2005 18:40
wow!
very good music! Amazing atmosphere.
          -=The Meaning Of Life Is To Give Life A Meaning=
Nathan
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  301
Posted : Dec 23, 2005 19:07
Addison: This album can bring tears to my eyes. So emotional!           -=The Meaning Of Life Is To Give Life A Meaning=
lucidpicnic
Lucid Picnic

Started Topics :  132
Posted : Dec 25, 2005 12:05
10/10
masterpiece
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Solar Fields - Leaving Home (Ultimae Records 2005) CD
← Prev Page
1 2
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance