Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Solar Fields - EarthShine [Ultimae] 2007

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Solar Fields - EarthShine [Ultimae] 2007

Galaxian
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  40
Posted : Dec 5, 2007 03:29
Artist: Solar Fields (Magnus Birgersson)
Title: EarthShine
Label: Ultimae Records
Style: Progressive Trance / Morning Trance
URL: www.solarfields.com

I just cant explain the feeling of happiness just while holding it in my hands I feel that it is...it is really shining! This is definately album that this scene needed so desperately - deep and extremely emotive. Taking you into trance... After four excellent revolutionary ambient albums Magnus just showed that he has more skills than ever. Lets start the journey...

01 - Summer
Indeed summer track... I just imagined it on a festival just like Island Of Fire where solar fields played live blasting people away... Starts with deep ambience with truly shiny atmosphere. Every sound is totally unique.. Saxophone, sounds that reminds of female vocals, percussions... everything. After 3 minutes electric bass jumps in. But dont get fooled by slow tempo - this is not one of those progressive electro trax. Lots of hard work went into this music. And thats the quality that you can hear from the first listen...

02 - Kick back
Since alsolutely every track on album is just perfect to me and i cant say its my favoutite but this is something special. Last few years lots of new progressive house artists with electric basslines and electro influenced leads and samples showed up on scene. I see Magnus here knew where this track will get to - in every fu*king dancefloor kicking and shaking it upside down!! So amazing at which level production is - skyhigh... Again not much words can help here - this is just a track with amazingly pumping energy where every sound is uplifting your mind body and soul and taking you higher than you can even imagine... Its not psychedelic at all - but its trance all right. Definately lots of artist should look for inspiration right here.

03 - Black Arrow
Magnus his experience collected as ambient sound designer definately used in this project. Here the tempo goes up and we enter a bit dancier sphere. Deep bass pulsates while symphonic pads brings back atmosphere which only Solar Fields can make... So deeply chilled atmosphere maybe even euro trance feel... This is just something that u need to hear to feel it. Its not about all twisted psychedelic trance - this is all about deepest and purest human emotions and feelings... Just beautifull. I must also say that almost every track's duration is 9 minutes or more except first two track and that takes you in a complete journey. Every track has different emotions and story..Incredible

04 - Brainbow
This is actually the first track i heard from this album since you could download it for free at ultimae records website. Deep atmosphere just as it is in every track. Maybe a bit more "layback" feel here. Bassline is solid and pulsating but not accented very much - melodies and layered effects are definately what this album makes so special. Minute by minute layer by layer always something happens and changes but emotions are always incredibly strong and very expressed and keeps you in constantly strong emotive sphere. Magnus really has strong inspiration..

05 - Spectral Nation
Maybe the most energetic track on album. I must say that this is 12 minutes of pure mind travelling. Darkish feel, pounding bassline and tribal percussions just wont give your feet take a break... Melodies are again put on the furst place but this track has totally blasting energy. And again the strings...and again the clouds...and it never stops...and it never lets u down...

06 - Adjustment
Track shoots with kick and bass from the first second. Definately stomping night time track. This is also pure sonic journey with agressive approach and trancefloor oriented too. I can just imagine what this does to the crowd...Wooooooow

07 - February
Ahhhh before the end im completely sure that there isnt "bad" track on album. This is just the sweetest morning trance ive ever heard!! Bassline is here very expressed which wasnt care is other tracks maybe just in spectral nation.. Really not much to say. I mean it is nt necessary to say anything. The music speaks for itself. It just makes me melt away like icecube...

08 - Cruise
And for the end a tempo goes a bit down and we have absolutelly stunning progressive acid trance track. Really freaked out. This is one of those "massive excstasy" tracks where you can feel excitement and enjoyment on every face and inside of everyone... Sooo mind cruising music...

And thats it. I waited for it for so long and i proudly can say that this is album of the year for me in this genre. In the end thats kinda logical because i think that this is the only album in this genre that came out for ages... Every track is a story for itself and every track holds incredible abound of 100% pure emotions which will melt you away and take it with you on a magical trip... Ultimae never dissapointed me. And i hope it will not.

10/10           VA - Momentum vol.1 - Compiled by PhaseTech
www.ektoplazm.com
www.tesseractstudio.org
www.myspace.com/phasetech
Galaxian
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Dec 5, 2007 03:31
and of couse buy it here - it really deserves it
http://ultimae.com/en/releases/264/index.html           VA - Momentum vol.1 - Compiled by PhaseTech
www.ektoplazm.com
www.tesseractstudio.org
darkgnome

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Dec 5, 2007 11:54
Not that many listens behind yet but I can surely say it's one of the best albums released this year. As I've written in other forums too, it seems to even beat the shit out of his downtempo/ambient works
Now I can give it 10/10 but this might change in time. I do have the feeling that this will be on my speakers for some time           Kimi-tachi wa keikoku sareta!
pr0fane
Multiphase

Started Topics :  418
Posted : Dec 5, 2007 16:17
For this is pretty much the definition of trance music in its purest form.

This is very nostalgic music for me, as it takes me right back to the glory days of Scandinavian morning trance, with acts like S>Range, Human Blue, 12 Moons and Matenda, and even the faster tracks work really well. Timeless, emotional music where you just grab on to a sound, close your eyes and float away...

Great album.           DJ pr0fane (Iboga Records) | Multiphase
www.sunrisesupplies.com | www.iboga.dk | www.soundcloud.com/pr0fane
Acidhive
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  76
Posted : Dec 5, 2007 18:12
I agree with profane here. Absolutely stellar effort by this guy. All tracks are great, especially when it hits track 3 and onwards. Great stuff!! I've listened to it a couple of times already and it just keeps on being interesting! This one will find its way to my discman and cd-player for a long time. I sure hope this wasn't a one time effort only for Solar Fields           "Subconscious unravels at the point of death, and all time it has known erupts into a moment. As death extinguishes us, so we become it."

[Esoteric: Subconscious Dissolution Into The Continuum]
Galaxian
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Dec 5, 2007 22:17
Quote:

On 2007-12-05 16:17, pr0fane wrote:
back to the glory days of Scandinavian morning trance, with acts like S>Range, Human Blue, 12 Moons and Matenda

yes. so true, i miss music like this           VA - Momentum vol.1 - Compiled by PhaseTech
www.ektoplazm.com
www.tesseractstudio.org
Acidhive
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Dec 6, 2007 21:50
Amazing!! Listening to it again now and this is sooo good! I can't seem to get tired of this.           "Subconscious unravels at the point of death, and all time it has known erupts into a moment. As death extinguishes us, so we become it."

cacofonix
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  29
Posted : Dec 9, 2007 04:58
faaak...this is the album which u look at it towards the sun and it blinds u. colors? objects? phewwww wat is this madness???
          www.vantaravichitra.com
http://soundcloud.com/cacofonix11
cacofonix
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  29
Posted : Dec 9, 2007 05:07
@galaxian: tat was one intense review...got lost reading it...bravo!           www.vantaravichitra.com
http://soundcloud.com/cacofonix11
mk47
Inactive User

Started Topics :  118
Posted : Dec 9, 2007 09:09
omfg .. im playing it now .. this is huge ! i speechless .. epic .. fuking brilliant ..wow .. just ordered 2 copies ..
darkgnome

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Dec 9, 2007 12:27
Quote:

On 2007-12-09 09:09, mk47 wrote:
omfg .. im playing it now .. this is huge ! i speechless .. epic .. fuking brilliant ..wow .. just ordered 2 copies ..

In-fucking-deed!!!

And it just gets better with more plays.

Gentleman, I think we have the album of the year in our hands           Kimi-tachi wa keikoku sareta!
Acidhive
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Dec 9, 2007 15:26
Quote:

On 2007-12-09 12:27, darkgnome wrote:
Quote:

On 2007-12-09 09:09, mk47 wrote:

In-fucking-deed!!!

And it just gets better with more plays.

Gentleman, I think we have the album of the year in our hands

Indeed. this is a massive contender in my book. There hasn't been an album in this genre this year that has hit the spot with me quite like this one.
          "Subconscious unravels at the point of death, and all time it has known erupts into a moment. As death extinguishes us, so we become it."

Forest dreams
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  107
Posted : Dec 9, 2007 18:50
magnus.. and ultimae always deliver it to us.           Nothing is said that has not been said before.
orange
Fat Data

Started Topics :  154
Posted : Dec 10, 2007 00:05
what can i say its THE pleasure to listen over and over.. great music indeed reminds me of some great moments.

i hope he keeps doing music like that.

for now its my years favorite.           http://www.landmark-recordings.com/
http://soundcloud.com/kymamusic
*lovenlight*

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Dec 12, 2007 05:58
introduced to this album by mr cacofonix- big kiss

the only way to describe how i feel when i listen to the album is that its like having amazing sex over and over n over again and with each track u have the most amazing intense orgasm.

each one of the tracks is so beautifully satisfying and exciting..ahhhh
if only sex was Always this good lol

thanks caco....i owe u           "END THE OCCUPATION!"

"We cant solve the problems that we created with the same thinking that created them"
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Solar Fields - EarthShine [Ultimae] 2007

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance