Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Silent Horror - Patterns EP (Devils Mind Records, 2009)

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Silent Horror - Patterns EP (Devils Mind Records, 2009)

MR VOMERS
Datavore

Started Topics :  36
Posted : Jul 28, 2009 00:06:22
Label: Devils Mind Records
Catalog#: DVSMCDS001
Format: CD, Maxi-Single, Limited Edition

Released: 20 Feb 2009
Genre: Electronic
Style: Psy-Trance
Credits: Artwork By - oHm @ Illumination Design
Mastered By - Colin Bennun
Producer, Written-By - Jigar Shah
Notes: Pressed in limited edition (500 copies).
Distributed worldwide by Wirikuta Distribution.

First off these words are by no means coming from a literary genious who got A's in english class every year, so please pay no attention to the sentence structures, or misuse of commas or other types of improper punctuation. lol anyway here's my personal review of Silent Horror's EP, Patterns on Devils Mind Records.

http://www.discogs.com/Silent-Horror-Patterns-EP/release/1569141

Back with a bang is right! This EP is nasty!! Jigar / Silent Horror is an animal for sure. These 3 tracks capture the intensity and insanity of a true psychonaut!! Thank you very much for this release!

Tracklist:
01 Patterns
http://www.devilsmindrecords.org/files/releases/dvsmcds001/01.mp3

This track really sets the tone for the entire EP. With a somewhat serious vibe, the initial though is that this composition is going to be very deep and challenging. The bassline has a very nice heavy groove to it with atmospheres as heady and psychedelic as the great outdoors, and could even be played earlier in the night...I think anyway, but then again i'm not 100% on these things for i'm a man of not many formulas lol. This is an introspective gem for sure. Jigar's production quality is amazing.

02 Obscure
http://www.devilsmindrecords.org/files/releases/dvsmcds001/02.mp3

Maaaaaan!! This track is NASTY. Super super heavy. I actually play this in most of my sets currently, I highly recommend you do the same! I mean its trickery at its finest. The first 1:15 minutes or so is kinda laid back, could take you in any direction really...then BLAAAAAM full on neurological assault! The assault evolvs into a total MONSTER of a tune. It reminds me of a bad dream really, one that you can fully wake up from. Some wacked out lucid reality. I love it. Dance floor smasher. It'll put you in that special place. A++

03 Traumatic
http://www.devilsmindrecords.org/files/releases/dvsmcds001/03.mp3

The name says it all really. It is over the TOP wicked. This is my personal favorite of the EP. The leads are super intense, sounds like a space invasion, with a driving bassline meant for peak hour.

Front cover:
http://www.devilsmindrecords.org/gfx/discography/dvsmcds001_large.jpg

Summary

Silent Horror, in my eyes, has really captured the essence of Devils Mind Records. I see nothing but bright dark wonderful things in this mans future. I can't wait to hear more from him, and the rest of the animals at Devils Mind Records.

WARNING: The Reality Master General has determined that Mr. Vomit may significantly alter your reality. Usage of the knowledge provided by Mr. Vomit may be perceived as dangerous and subversive by those in authority.
SCHRANZ MILITIA
Schranz Militia

Started Topics :  22
Posted : Jul 29, 2009 17:48
really good stuff from Jigard as always heave & deep basses, crazy leads, weird athmosphere. for me one of the best Dark produccer from actually...Keep it like that...BOOM

Http://www.myspace.com/schranzevilmusic
Http://www.scared-evil.de
malkaviam
Malkaviam

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Aug 3, 2009 16:04
Very nice mr silent horror!

Booom           --------->
Acidhive
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  76
Posted : Aug 4, 2009 15:12
My review from isratrance:

Silent Horror returns with this three track EP, released on Devils Mind Records, just as his official debut album Nemesis. Silent Horror is Jigar Shah, an Indian composer of dark nighttime psytrance. After releasing lots of tracks on various compilations and labels, he decided to release his debut on Devils Mind Records, which managed to surprise because of its tight production and dark tracks. Now he continues in that vein with this three track EP. The tracks on offer here are fairly wild and especially Traumatic (T3) is pure dark psytrance, with lots of dark atmospheric sounds and acid lines flying all over the place. Combine this all with a pounding kick and heavy bass lines, and you’re about there. It’s only 21 minutes long though, but this is an EP after all. It’s just that after the third track, which is the best in my opinion, you’re left wanting more and more from this. So then it just has to go on repeat... There is also a concept behind this being released on a single CD. Most labels nowadays go for digital releases, especially when it comes to EPs. Devils Mind Records, however, wants to keep the CD alive, so they released this on CD. It’s also available in limited quantities, so if you want your copy you should be fast. So, the music is great on this one, let’s have a quick talk about the rest. The artwork is also great, nice and colorful with a forest impression. The CD itself looks nice in the same way. Mastering is top notch as well and it was done by Colin from O.O.O.D. fame./

Recomendation: All in all, this is a nice package. It reflects what Silent Horror is all about these days and these tracks are all strong. There are no downers here, and if you like this style you’d be a fool to miss out on a track like Traumatic, which is one of the finer examples of this genre. And as I said, this is also a limited edition and a collector's item, so grab it while you have a chance!

Link: http://www.isratrance.com/cd-reviews/silent-horror-patterns-ep-d1074.html           "Subconscious unravels at the point of death, and all time it has known erupts into a moment. As death extinguishes us, so we become it."

[Esoteric: Subconscious Dissolution Into The Continuum]
bbgun

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Aug 4, 2009 16:11
Good work brother. You know track 2 is my favorite on this CD New stuff is even better though.
_mariO
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  50
Posted : Sep 2, 2009 10:54
evil music
insane
Silent Horror

Started Topics :  67
Posted : Oct 28, 2009 12:40

pleasure to read this.
hope many others enjoy it..

------------------------------
NEMESIS - DEVILSMIND RECORDS - 2007
PATTERNS EP - DEVILSMIND RECORDS _ 2009
SEANCE - DEVILSMIND RECORDS - 2011
PATTERNS II EP - DEVILSMIND RECORDS _ 2013
Catatonic_Despair
IsraTrance Junior Member
Started Topics :  13
Posted : Dec 14, 2009 17:51
Jigar,

Been listening to your EP on repeat for the past several days. Very impressive work. Looking forward to your future works with great anticipation.

Peace,
Catatonic D.
Tony
insane
Silent Horror

Posted : Jan 2, 2010 23:04
^ thank u !
looking forward to ur new work also !
V3NOM
Inactive User

Started Topics :  131
Posted : Feb 2, 2010 04:43
With all the great reviews flying around of this cannot wait for mycopy to come!

Ordered the packof this + the 2007 album from Wirikuta... realised my hard copy of the album was missing whn starting topack up my stuff for moving           I hate you, you hate me, we are all so hap hap happy!
insane
Silent Horror

Posted : Feb 5, 2010 21:01
^ hope u get ur copy soon
thank u for support!

V3NOM
Inactive User

Started Topics :  131
Posted : Feb 9, 2010 05:46
got it and so far very wonderful after 3 listens... this will get a better review later this year on my own web site once it's developed           I hate you, you hate me, we are all so hap hap happy!
insane
Silent Horror

Posted : Feb 9, 2010 18:05
Glad u enjoyed it Do share ur review when ready!
spacelove
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  10
Posted : Mar 25, 2010 10:39
welcome to the silence
          dark dj
SCHRANZ MILITIA
Schranz Militia

Started Topics :  22
Posted : Mar 27, 2010 20:13
this one still rocking, waiting for more Jigard...
BOOM

http://www.myspace.com/schranzevilmusic
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Silent Horror - Patterns EP (Devils Mind Records, 2009)

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance