Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Rinkadink - 'Rabbit From Darkside' - Alchemy Records (ALCD009)
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Rinkadink - 'Rabbit From Darkside' - Alchemy Records (ALCD009)

Korkboll

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Apr 24, 2004 14:38
Amazingly good album. This album takes it all...

So wicked, powerful and energic.

Rinkadink never lets me down.

Cant wait for upcoming releases.

My favorite tracks are Stampede, Anyone Seen Bender and Tune From Childhood.
clown
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  97
Posted : May 2, 2004 21:53
This album keeps getting better and better after every listen.. All the tracks have there own unique sound. They all don't sound loopy or repetitive and there is no GMS clone here.. lloll

Great souding melodies, nice basslines.. my fav's are #'s 1,3,4,7.. the rest are great, but not my fav's.. lol           "VA - REWIRED" OUT NOW !! (techtrance invasion) ---> http://forum.isratrance.com/viewtopic.php/topic/86303/forum/9
http://psy.techno.fm <------- Jester Records's Internet Radio channel
www.jesterrecords.ca
dj-panoramix
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  43
Posted : May 4, 2004 17:40
long awaited album ...
this album will rock the dancefloor !!!           www.inpsyde-media.com
www.dj-panoramix.tk

dj.panoramix@inpsyde-media.com
schippe
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  16
Posted : May 5, 2004 19:28
I like Rinkadinks Ultima, but the other stuff from him is psychedelic-jazz for me, and i dont like jazz, sorry.
five changes from the baseline in one track, thats not my taste.
BooM
schippe           3~<-www.fullmoon-festival.com->3~
->->->-> www.agitato.co.il<-<-<-<-
Vanessao
Inactive User

Posted : May 7, 2004 17:59
Rinkadink is a project which cross the fields of an ordinary trance stuff still exploring the human on it. It is worth the irreverence he used in a way of scandal to put music, feeling and reality at just one tune... Apart from the construction it is good to see that there are still few artists that wants to make music a reality. And I think if he keeps pushing himself on that way, he will get the expression, "Or you love Rinkadink, or you hate it".

I hope he keeps the inspiration to put it down even if it will be not trance anymore, maybe a new genre of music called "Rinkadink"...

I hate RInkadink because it blocks me
tmel

Posted : May 15, 2004 17:27
Tune From Childhood is also one of my favourites on this album. I love classic game tunes

Here you can find the original music from Turrican II http://exotica.fix.no/tunes/unexotica/games/Turrican_2.html
And here's a good player you need for playing those formats http://www.deliplayer.com/

The melody used in "tune from childhood" is from mdat.world_1
Ladic

Started Topics :  4
Posted : May 18, 2004 21:37
i had big expectations from this album, i really thought that this one will kick me so high that i won't ever return :]

but after i carefully listened four or five times to this disc, i just had to say - nothing special, just lots of weird computer or cartoon samples, and no melodic thought to impress me.

personally i think that this album did not step out of the shades of trax like final cracken rmx (!), sheep satellite, blank (!!), or vana's remix of deviant species' "balojax" track.

although those old ones did not contain thousands of wicked-cool-brainblasting samples , they were clever in structure and development... not so many samples, but intelligently chosen.

syntax & whiskey remix- think that the whiplash original mix was better. not so mad & dirty..

tune from childhood was the only track that impressed me. great idea.

hope that rinkadink will come again with more intelligent tunes (like blank or final cracken rmx) in the future :]
Chaka Laka
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  13
Posted : Jun 1, 2004 12:36
well well well .... words are not enough here .. I think that this album is like a present from God for all those full-on heads that like to dig at late morning hours against the speakers after being exhoused by usual gms style for past last years .. 14000 times I jumped during only the first one, well lets say I'm just really lookin forward to be at a party with such a music !!! I hope I will finaly dig like I used to !!!           Dance is my Trance
Chaka Laka
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  13
Posted : Jun 1, 2004 12:46
and to Ladic - you know, after listening carefully I find that these tracks in general do not have something extraordinary, really different from today's full on - kick, bass,melody,power,voice samples,uplifting structure - here they are basicly, not much needed .. but somehow - the way it is *created* makes me mad
P.S. - I forgot to mention it is PSYtrance !!!
          Dance is my Trance
Acidhive
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  76
Posted : Jun 1, 2004 16:59
I recently got this and I've listened to it a couple of times now, and yes, this IS a good one! Although I'm not sure why everyone seems to think this is a killer, I do see some excellent produced psytrance here. My favourites here are: 1,4,5,6,9. Track 7, with the C64 end music of Turrican II is pretty good, but mixing this with trance has been done better by Atlantis ITA with their superb track: See You In The Next Life. And that one dates from 2000. (That song is regular trance by the way and can be found on Trancemaster 24 if you're curious)           "Subconscious unravels at the point of death, and all time it has known erupts into a moment. As death extinguishes us, so we become it."

[Esoteric: Subconscious Dissolution Into The Continuum]
Surrender
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  506
Posted : Jun 1, 2004 17:29
Quote:

On 2004-06-01 16:59, Acidhive wrote: Track 7, with the C64 end music of Turrican II is pretty good,

Amiga.           "On the other hand, you have different fingers."
http://myspace.com/gadimon
Acidhive
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  76
Posted : Jun 1, 2004 17:31
You're right Surrender... I stand corrected. Thank you!! I actually owned both systems at one time...           "Subconscious unravels at the point of death, and all time it has known erupts into a moment. As death extinguishes us, so we become it."

[Esoteric: Subconscious Dissolution Into The Continuum]
Davolo

Started Topics :  8
Posted : Jun 2, 2004 14:23
I agree with Chaka Laka, I can't say what I find exceptional about this album but I really enjoy it; I'm not a full-on lover and I am not stuck for choice either. This just keeps making it's way into my stereo.
looney toon
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  11
Posted : Jun 26, 2004 13:05
Quote:

On 2004-03-24 18:42, woutski wrote:
Although the 'twisted' side of psytrance is not really my cup of chai usually mr Rinka definitly got me by the balls with this outstanding album.
He managed to keep it interesting and surprising till the very end (for me at least) and that's really rare for a psytrance album.
He has escaped from the formula and wrestled up a style of his own. It has all the ingredients that made me fall in love with Psytrance in the first place: it's original, fresh, adventurous, mindbending, humoristic, twisted, dark, happy, beautiful, raw, complex, filled with amazing tricks and most important: it's guaranteed to whip any dancefloor into a frenzy ;)
Sometimes the melodies verge on being ultimately cheesy but somehow he totally gets away with it, something which only the great artists can IMO.
And an artist who opens his album with such a bad ass intro is a hero in my book! :good:
To me it's simply the best psy album of 2004.

you v sayd everythink its simply the best psy album of 2004 no doubts about that!!
Fuzulu
Fuzulu

Started Topics :  58
Posted : Jul 3, 2004 13:57
what a killer cd ... and what a killer review !!           http://www.soundcloud.com/fuzulu
http://fuzulu.bandcamp.com

BooM!!!!
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Rinkadink - 'Rabbit From Darkside' - Alchemy Records (ALCD009)
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance