Trance Forum » » Forum  DJing - Rapid evolution
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Rapid evolution

Freeflow
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  60
Posted : Jan 30, 2011 03:43:27
hey guys, i was looking for a program that helps with key detection, like the very expensive "mixed in key" and i found this, "rapid evolution" from mixshared. google it and download, i really recommend it to everyone who wants to experiment on mixing in key. its very accurate and even has a built in midi keyboard so you can doublecheck against the automatic detection. also its tap tempo which also is very accurate. i crosschecked in traktor. so dont support mixed in key when you can support this dude instead. peace
Freeflow
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Jan 30, 2011 15:49
http://www.mixshare.com/software.html

So here is a link for all you lazy people!
Dennis the menace

Started Topics :  128
Posted : Jan 30, 2011 17:16
http://forum.isratrance.com/mixing-in-keys-need-help-from-people-who-do-it/
Freeflow
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Jan 30, 2011 19:07
Quote:

On 2011-01-30 17:16, Dennis the menace wrote:
http://forum.isratrance.com/mixing-in-keys-need-help-from-people-who-do-it/

Hey yeah i was in that thread, suggesting the Yuli method aswell, but as i see it now, its good to have some aid and with this application you can also try and match with the keyboard, I use the Sawtooth sound, its perfect synth-sound to match with for electronic music.

Anyway i saw Rapid Evolution was mentioned there, though i thought i should give it heads-up for those who dont find that thread, which was last posted in about a year ago.

What i thought was most interesting now is how the key change as you pitch the track, that is something to keep in mind for sure.

And knowing all this stuff makes it so much fun to add melody to tribal tracks or just add some cool sounds that fit well.

Btw a track with the root G for bass might get mistaken for a F#m, maybe the melody is played in this key but the tracks root is G.
The feeling of the track can be altered with just a semitone, and fit very well, Well im looking at this from both creating music perspective and as blending tracks like a Dj.

There is so much to learn you just got to love it

Mike A
Subra

Started Topics :  185
Posted : Feb 1, 2011 11:44
@Freeflow

Yuli's method may seem easy for him, but for a low of newcomers sometimes it's really hard to properly recognize the key.
A perfect fifth may sound good enough to be mistaken as the root. Practice will improve this though.

A semitone is quite dissonant - easy to see that it's not the same key.
Shiranui
IsraTrance Full Member
Started Topics :  116
Posted : Feb 1, 2011 22:41
I've found a lot of times even tracks that "shouldn't" sound good together still can depending on how you mix them

for example if you have a track where the bassline note is B and you mix into a track where the bassline note is C, by all means it should sound horrible

however if one or both of the tracks has very little in the way of melody at the point where you're mixing it, the dissonant transition from B to C can actually sound just fine--especially if you swap the basslines quickly instead of slowly blending them.
Freeflow
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Feb 1, 2011 23:31
Quote:

On 2011-02-01 11:44, Mike A wrote:
@Freeflow

Yuli's method may seem easy for him, but for a low of newcomers sometimes it's really hard to properly recognize the key.
A perfect fifth may sound good enough to be mistaken as the root. Practice will improve this though.

A semitone is quite dissonant - easy to see that it's not the same key.

Yes agreed,

Though in the second part i find that some tracks with not much melodic content, but more atmosphere and tribal elements it can be hard to judge, of course checking against the most tonal element, often bass you will hear what the root is. As in this case i heard the root was G, But still the atmosphere of the track sounded very #F sharp, If you understand
Freeflow
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Feb 1, 2011 23:33
Quote:

On 2011-02-01 22:41, Shiranui wrote:
I've found a lot of times even tracks that "shouldn't" sound good together still can depending on how you mix them

for example if you have a track where the bassline note is B and you mix into a track where the bassline note is C, by all means it should sound horrible

however if one or both of the tracks has very little in the way of melody at the point where you're mixing it, the dissonant transition from B to C can actually sound just fine--especially if you swap the basslines quickly instead of slowly blending them.

Yes i can see why, and is some more forest dark trance it often alternates between the semitone, to get this haunting transition, or just as a good drive.
Mike A
Subra

Started Topics :  185
Posted : Feb 3, 2011 10:39
Or just because the artist has absolutely no musical knowledge
elastic_plastic
Re-Boot

Started Topics :  112
Posted : Feb 5, 2011 22:01
virutal dj 6 works perfect.... try it out n lemme noe
Trance Forum » » Forum  DJing - Rapid evolution

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon