Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Quantum - Kiss The Sound (BNE Records / October 2005)

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Quantum - Kiss The Sound (BNE Records / October 2005)

guy cohen
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  417
Posted : Oct 28, 2005 13:04
Hi All !

Gidi Snapir releases a brand new album for close this year with taste for more.
The album called "Kiss The Sound" and it include 10 massive tracks including two co-operations with Time lock (no. 2) & E-jekt (no.9), the last track is a Time Lock track which remixed by Quantum.

1. Vicious Cycles 145 BPM
From the first second, you can understand why Gidi chose this name for the album - the sound is perfect and powerful ! the first tune is a building for the whole album, so we have here a good full on tune but not on full power and thats for warm up the legs and prepare them to the madness which come later.

2. Push Me Up (With Timelock) 145 BPM
We got to the second track and Gidi decided to push and push for get a serious blaster, Gidi know he need another creative mind and therefor he unit forces with Felix (Time Lock). It's a massive track with excellent sound and kicking baseline. When you say the word "powerful" , this is the kind of tunes you think about. On 04:00 they decided to push up more and we get awesome brake with power, power and more power...dance floor bomb !

3. Cop Thing 145 BPM
This tune is different a bit...the kick is more groovy & stretched and it's perfect for shake the body. I think that the target of this tune is to down after the last bomb and prepare our body to the next bomb...but still stay on the right atmosphere.

4. Nead for lead 145 BPM
Before the comments I want to say thumb up to Gidi for the name - it's easy and catchy.
Now for the track, powerful tune with full-on baseline and some cool effects in the middle. Also you can hear a really short melodi, but the line is clear - 100% dance floor.

5. Rebellion 138 BPM
Down-tempo-full on track slow baseline with Gidi's kick and some male vocals which repeat several times. This is not a track to crazy with, it's more to dance slowly and easily...enjoylable tune !

6. On the edge 145 BPM
Now Gidi's target is to get till the edge of your powers. A massive track with some nice baseline games and well building. The last brake (04:15) is more melodical and emotionaly, even you can hear some guitar in...and in the end everything exploding !

7. Awaken 145 BPM
If someone is tired or something, now its the time to awake stright to the dance floor. Gidi's style is so unique and special, so every tune sound similar ("same same but different") and thats why you never know what to expect from him.
I really like this one because it so energetic and melodical, without compromises.

8. Kiss the sound 144 BPM
The title track is already here. I expected to hear a dance floor bomb, but Gidi suprised me with some brilliant full on track, with pumping kick and and a lot of fun elements involve.

9. X-Per-Minute 145 BPM
This tune remind me Gidi's old style - deep, dark and powerful. Six fast minutes...it's sound much more fast than 145 BPM (thats the reason for the name I think)...hallucinatory track ! it's a refrehing change for the album.

10. Skylines Rmx 144 BPM
Gidi's took the track to the direction he want, and the result is excellent ! more melodies, more Gidi
Well done !!!

http://shop.bne.co.il/product_info.php?products_id=452&osCsid=db99daa38041b058a98d6f68f00250cf
LIOR LAHAV//SOLAR SYSTEM
Solar System

Started Topics :  9
Posted : Oct 30, 2005 01:09
great album...!
i like it a lot...!!!!!!!
good luck gidi...!
my favorites tracks:1,2,8,6
Echotek -dj Micha
Echotek

Started Topics :  20
Posted : Oct 31, 2005 02:00
yo mate!!!

killer album ,best track 2,3,5 and 7 .
good sounds bro, you gone rock the dance flooorssssssssssssssssssssssssssss .

Yanniv Gold (Onyx)
Onyx

Started Topics :  15
Posted : Oct 31, 2005 10:29
Great album for Quantum! Listening to it right now- perfect tunes...           Express your digital emotions
-----------------------------
www.myspace.com/superonyx
noisy dream

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Oct 31, 2005 18:04
Great Album For a Great Man

Keep With The Amazing Work

The Bast : 2.4.5

E-JEKT(Uri)
E-jekt

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Oct 31, 2005 20:12
Good job Gidi keep it up man.

Uri
Idan87

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Nov 1, 2005 09:43
Great album, I like music of Gidi.
Waiting to album.

Good luck gidi.           Para ver tonos, oír viaje de los colores...
en el mundo Trance (:
Suspekt
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  64
Posted : Nov 1, 2005 10:13
im very much looking forward to this album- ive always like the more driving, minimal styles of full-on, and this guy is about that in a nutshell... wiickid.          Open Records, Australia

www.open-records.net
PKS
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  75
Posted : Nov 2, 2005 21:01
Quantum (Gidi Snapir) from Israel has made trance for many years allready, improving his skills in every release. Here he is out with his second Quantum album on BNE/YoYo, as usual going the full on direction.

Quantum "Kiss The Sound" BNE 2005 (YOYO070)

1. Vicious Cycles
2. Push Me Up
3. Cop Thing
4. Need For Lead
5. Rebellion
6. On The Edge
7. Awaken
8. Kiss The Sound
9. X-Per-Minute
10. Skylines Remix

Quantum sure has got a massive sound in his tracks, here combining full on, pumping basslines with floating, trippy vibes. I was positive surprised while listening to this album, because he doesn’t follow the common pattern of clubby full on as most Israeli artists do these days. Instead he has concentrated on deeper vibes, still melodic but not too fluffy in most of the tracks. Another positive thing, is that he doesn’t put in those cheesy guitar samples in most of the tracks. There is also a lot of variation of sounds and ideas here. He has collaborated with some other artists in three of the tracks. Track two together with Time Lock (Felix Nagorsky), also known as one half of PPS Project. A little bit too fluffy track for my taste, but not bad. Track nine is made together with E-Jekt (Nir Shoshani & Uri Azen). A totally massive, groovy track, going much better than most E-Jekt tracks I have heard lately. But, it seems like Quantum does it best on his own. My favourite track on this album is track 5 (Rebellion), which is a really drifting track, with an almost progressive vibe. Trippy track for sure, and about as massive as it can get. Nice one! Another strong track here is track 7 (Awaken), which has some pretty cool bouncy sounds and a trippy vibe with nice melodies. I love the floating, mystic parts in this track. For sure a track that will create some massive work out on the dance floors. Full on to the bone!

Quantum sure has developed in a positive direction since his first album Outrage (BNE 2004). Totally refreshing full on album in between all the too fluffy and clubby stuff coming out of Israel these days. For sure one of the better full on morning trance albums I have heard this year, so check it out!
PKS

More reviews at:

http://www.trance.net          CHILL TRIBE
CTRCD01 QUALITY RELAXATION
CTRCD02 RELAXED JOURNEYS
CTRCD03 EAR PLEASURE
CTRCD04 WOMBATMUSIC - Shameful Silence
CTRCD05 POLYPLOID - Grow Your Own
CTRCD06 IAN ION - Gringo Locomotion
CTRCD07 SUNKINGS - Before We Die
Osho
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  129
Posted : Nov 11, 2005 08:02
Very impressive album,After hearing this album many time's runing again and again on my cd player i can say one word --> WICKED...
Best of luck gidi and B.n.e...
My fev' : Push Me Up , Cop Thing , Rebellion
, Awaken , X-Per-Minute , Time Lock - Skylines ( Quantum Remix ).           Progress In Music!
thinman242

Started Topics :  9
Posted : Nov 12, 2005 16:01
Great work!!!! The best tance album this year,no doubt.Serious music and carefull productin.!! BRAVO.i hope other psy-trance artists will inspired from quantum
Timelock
Timelock

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Nov 12, 2005 23:06
very good album and big development of gidi !

all the tracks sounds very good and clear...a unique atmosphere .... love them alll..

cheers

felippo/ timelock
eran_point
Point

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Nov 16, 2005 14:46
good work gidi my favorite are no. 2 and no.10
but all heard good gidi have is own style keep rocking man all the best for you
Surrender
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  506
Posted : Nov 16, 2005 19:24
@eran_point and all the rest of the promoters, will you stop with the promos and focus on real reviews? if you have nothing to say that is a review dont say anything at all.
          "On the other hand, you have different fingers."
http://myspace.com/gadimon
..::PsySacred::..
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  21
Posted : Nov 17, 2005 14:07
Gidi Snapir..who have long history in israel psy scene ..and this is 2nd album from quantum his work name in psy..stong kicks and bassline ..no cheessy sound ..and i think this albume is better than last album of quantum..my english is not reach enough to say my opinion about this album ...i like it..and my favs are : 2,3(1),4,7(!),8,9(!)
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Quantum - Kiss The Sound (BNE Records / October 2005)

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance