Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Puff Dragon (a.k.a Double Dragon) - "Sazanami" [Dakini] 2005

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Puff Dragon (a.k.a Double Dragon) - "Sazanami" [Dakini] 2005

BrettFromTibet
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  61
Posted : Nov 25, 2005 05:28
Artist: Puff Dragon
Label: Dakini Records (www.dakinirecords.com)
Released: 11/02/2005

Tracklist:

1. Sazanami
2. Qi Gong
3. Chinese Radio (Bejing Taxi version)
4. Marine Drive
5. Spacefunk
6. Skin As Soft (Soft As Silk remix)
7. Lava
8. Shimmer (Liquid Lounge version)

Samples:
http://www.saikosounds.com/english/display_release.asp?id=5179

Review:

After savoring Puff Dragon’s “Sazanami” CD several dozen times, I’m relieved that I don’t produce downtempo beats myself. I feel compassion for lesser artists who must compare their own work to this masterpiece, and know that they will never be able to measure up. The highly anticipated debut album from Tokyo-based Welsh sound engineer, Steve Good, is more than just classy electronic music - it’s high art. “Sazanami”, which means ‘ripple’ in Japanese, is a gorgeous reference set of psychedelic lounge grooves. Harmonies shimmer like quicksilver and then sublimate. Soft puffy synth lines swirl and billow, like incense smoke in bright sunlight. The musical embroidery is like a fine silk kimono, and the production is as sharp and polished as the blade of antique katana sword. It’s obvious that this music has been painstakingly re-forged and pounded into perfection several thousand times or more. There’s not a mediocre track, voice or even moment on the whole thing. The digipack design is top-notch, and I'm sure this will eventually be a collectors item so I keep my copy safe in a plastic sleeve. “Sazanami” is accessible, easy to soak in, and a strong contender for the best Dakini release to date. 10/10, A+++.

blueOrb
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  100
Posted : Jan 8, 2006 09:45

its sad to see chillout cd reviews hardly get any attention ...

after listening to the versions of shimmer on various compilations i was really eager to see what puff dragon has in stock for us ...this is a really amazing release ....go listen to chinese radio if u dont believe me

New mixes on
http://soundcloud.com/blueorb

Older Mixes on
http://blueorb.podomatic.com/
N-A-S-A
Nasa/The Gnome Effect

Started Topics :  23
Posted : Jan 8, 2006 13:20
This is one of the best chillout albums i have ever heard. Dont miss it!           http://www.facebook.com/nasa.tranceproject
http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/inm/inm1cd036.html
http://www.junodownload.com/products/1537910-02.htm
https://www.beatport.com/en-US/html/content/release/detail/222773/unique#
Jingabé
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  18
Posted : Jan 8, 2006 15:38
No doubt, one of the best, if not the number one chill album of 2005. And one that will be in the hall of fame of ambient music. Just listen to Qi Gong and Chinese Radio.

Great atmosphere, perfect relaxation!
Nathan
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  301
Posted : Jan 9, 2006 21:45
gonna check this one.           -=The Meaning Of Life Is To Give Life A Meaning=
Rui Ferreira
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  43
Posted : Jan 10, 2006 00:29
just got my copy today, and after listening to it a couple of times i can only say that this album is a masterpiece, and will become a truly classic chillout record
Pasha
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  21
Posted : Jan 10, 2006 17:53
Well after his Antenna compilation and Shimmer track I couldn't have missed it.

A very good chillout album, top notch production (no suprise).
Good for listening and chilling, good for playing somewhere in the background. It is very light in a way and makes you feel good, what is most important.

Optical Vision

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Jan 10, 2006 21:19
great chill..new style,good one i like alote!
wonderful job keep it up
..::PsySacred::..
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  21
Posted : Jan 10, 2006 21:54
yes no doubt its one of the best ambient album of 2005...a great album from "steve good" ..dont miss it ..this album would change ur mind , >>HIGHLEY RECOMENNDED<<
my favs are : all tracks but specially "Qi Gong" , "Skin as Soft (Soft as Silk Remix)" ,
"Shimmer (Liquid Lounge Version )", "Chinese Radio (Beijing Taxi Version)"(!!!!!!!)
Star-Trooper
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  19
Posted : Jan 11, 2006 17:55
Quote:

On 2006-01-08 13:20, N-A-S-A wrote:
This is one of the best chillout albums i have ever heard. Dont miss it!

Agreed
'Qi Gong' !!!!!!!!           To Infinity And Beyond!
Nathan
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  301
Posted : Jan 11, 2006 18:11
wow! Very inspiring emotional music           -=The Meaning Of Life Is To Give Life A Meaning=
Jingabé
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  18
Posted : Jan 12, 2006 12:02
I have to disagree with the last post. This album is great in music production and in emotional content. It's warm music, warm for your heart and mind.

And nolightatend, I'm yet to read one opinion from you in which you have nothing bad to say. Even in music you like you have always something to complain. I would like to see your credentials that make you such a distinct opinion maker, as you always seems to be alone in your opinions. Do you see beyond all of the forum? I don't think so. I think is purely a matter of ego. Don't let it inflate your head and don't let it distort your views about music.
PKS
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  75
Posted : Jan 12, 2006 13:51
Very soft, a lot of ideas all the way, with alot of Asian themes, music production is really great and sound is quite top notch from mixing to naturalism of sounding. I feel a lot of emotions, this is warm music IMHO, all these things appears to be emotional and is just that, it sounds like a perfect result in trying to do these things.

It sounds like sound engineer done the album musical and sound design wise, with a fantastic result...

Sorry, "Nolightatend", but I couldn't resist translating your review.... Don't take it too seriously. I agree with many things you write on this forum, but this time I had the complete opposite opinion... I love this album!           CHILL TRIBE
CTRCD01 QUALITY RELAXATION
CTRCD02 RELAXED JOURNEYS
CTRCD03 EAR PLEASURE
CTRCD04 WOMBATMUSIC - Shameful Silence
CTRCD05 POLYPLOID - Grow Your Own
CTRCD06 IAN ION - Gringo Locomotion
CTRCD07 SUNKINGS - Before We Die
Trip-
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  101
Posted : Jan 13, 2006 03:03
I can't really say too much since I listened to the album from 4 minutes saikosoudns previews - and from what it seems, I'd have to agree with nolightatend ;/

Maybe some of us like this repetitive kind of atmosphere creation - for me it doesn't work too well. Thanks for the long saikosoudns previews for having a 75% of opinion           Crackling universes dive into their own neverending crackle...
AgalactiA
furthur
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  45
Posted : Jan 13, 2006 07:40
good album, but out of the chill albums i got in the past couple of months, one of the weakest for me.
some parts are even very good, but for me it is far from groundbreaking, as some ppl have put it.           Load Universe into Cannon. Aim at Brain. Fire.

www.ganesha.ca
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Puff Dragon (a.k.a Double Dragon) - "Sazanami" [Dakini] 2005

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance