1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Psytrance on Radio

Prisma

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Dec 17, 2004 13:16
Is there any other radio stations other than uct, that plays psy?

Listen to uct radio on fridays... 11 till 1           Stomp, Stomp, Stomp, Stomp.....!
s@tanboy

Posted : Dec 17, 2004 13:53
Try internet radio di.fm link at 3am.co.za
All types of trance. one "station" just Psy & Goa.
Prisma

Posted : Dec 17, 2004 14:56
ahhh, shot s@tanboy, i listen to that from time to time, but im looking more specifically on air stuff... via radio rather than internet, cause i have slow internet bandwidth so it keeps buffering...bit irratating, because i was really trying to find out if there is better quality radio feeds, cause i wanna record some live sets, via the radio, but unfortunetely uct (104.5) is mono..., so u dont get quite the quality u need.
shot tho
psyklonus

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Dec 18, 2004 22:34
Dont really know of any not on the net, but u can listen to UCT radio MONDAYS 11-1
sensison

Posted : Dec 20, 2004 19:25
why pray tell arent there more sets heard on the radio..i know it might be a threat to the industry by some peoples view but it will certainly diversify and unite alot more listeners ..whats ur view on trance on the airwaves?
          -we have the power in our hands-
s@tanboy

Posted : Dec 21, 2004 12:10
Quote:

On 2004-12-20 19:25, sensison wrote:
why pray tell arent there more sets heard on the radio..i know it might be a threat to the industry by some peoples view but it will certainly diversify and unite alot more listeners ..whats ur view on trance on the airwaves?

I agree.
This really PISSES me off! We are told in SA "Support local talent/music". Ok so we go to the concerts/parties but the f#$@$% radio stations don't support the local stuff (only the afrikaans drivel and a few black artists). SHAME ON YOU - SA Radio!!!
Prisma

Posted : Dec 21, 2004 12:30
its cool to have it on radio i suppose,to promote the music, but the thing is not to cross the boundries of commercializing it,and overplaying it, cause this i find, will destroy psytrance. Its underground music, should keep it like that, i mean just take israel for example, they got 3 radio stations just dedicated to trance... 24/7, i find this cool in a way,but at the same time im thinking, how everyone hears the same tracks over and over again, eg. skazi, and will eventually become,sick of it, maybe soon you will see 5fm playing it with derek the bandit...lol i hope not... but i hope im getting my point accross, cause eventually you will see everyone into psytrance as just another FAD.

To quote BPM...where have all the trippers gone...
shift
Shift

Started Topics :  38
Posted : Dec 21, 2004 17:48
derek the bandit occasionally does a psy mix,,,

when we released the twisted system album he played half an hour of it ,,, i guess he would play more if he was asked to...

also once a month mark gilman does a morning trance hour from -9 am!!! its realy psy ,,, not nececarilly the best,,, but its on natinal radio when everyones driving to work...

i reckon 5fm would do a psy slot on a friday/saturday night if they thought that they might get and extra 1000 people listeneing just even for that slot,,, maybe i'll ask

shift
Shift

Started Topics :  38
Posted : Dec 21, 2004 17:53
oh,, and prisma,,, sorry,, its not another fad and ,,, dont mean to be negative,,, but you gotta milk it while u can,,,

theres little money in the scene and without trying to sell (comercialize) more then someone like myself has no future in the scene,,, i cant make tracks for no money,,, what will i eat?,, how will i make more msic,,, how about a future???

i say why be stingy with trance,,, give it too the masses if they want it... could do a lot of good for everyone,, ie.. more cash,,, better music,, and a concious and progressive spread of the ideals that accopany our lifestyle,, culture and music

ApsyDrop
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  28
Posted : Dec 21, 2004 19:44
uct radio isn't mono, prisma.

it's stereo....

they play psy on 5fm once in a while.... but the more full-on "commercial" stuff.....

i'm still think a bit about that point of being stingy, shift... and giving psy to the masses.

Everything is being exploited to the max these days. EVERYTHING. Cool... sure... it brings investment... money ... and all those cool things that one learns while studying a Bcom... degree...
but there are things in this life.... the important things... that need to be sacred... and not exploited and raped by demand & supply.... target markets... and the like.

Of course... this is just my opinion.

Peace.
          Mind my mind.
Sarasin

Posted : Dec 22, 2004 10:50
I feel the same way Shift.

Why just keep it to ourselves.

I mean if the world understood how REAL trancies operate....maybe it would be a better place.

And i also recon the tunes will get a helluva better too (re better equipment etc)

WE are the taxi drivers!!!
Its up to us what we do with this LEKKA scene o ours!

I play Psytrance to everyone i meet....or that will listen!

Why?.....cuz its the SHIT!           Being wicked is AAIIT!
sensison

Posted : Dec 22, 2004 13:22
shift and sarasin bring a hard point and in some ways i totally agree.the only inification we should feel when we meet another lover of the music is the connection of the music itself..the tunes will unite those who are meant to be a part of the industry and scene.

if these bunnies try it so what as long as they dont get in my way of a good time..although the last thing i want is 2000 rave bunnies "klopping it out" on the floor in front of m,gropping each other and tripping on x..not on our turf.

but i do feel that we need to be given the opportunity to participate in the culture we love while not having to every time buy a R200 CD of pay a shitload of cash for a cool party..it just seems to me that the only way you can partake is if you got the hardcore financial backing..not cool.

im not complaining about prices,im just pointing out that if you wana get involved you gotta go to a party or buy a cd..we should have a radio station of some sort..just nonstop grinding,no dj talking the whole time,just the track title etc and the essential info..what you guys think?           -we have the power in our hands-
Prisma

Posted : Dec 22, 2004 13:47
Sorry ApsyDrop, keep getting confused with the mono/stereo at uct,my apologies p,low bitrate,but ya,hectic, derek the b plays psy,news to me, glad he picked a good album tho p, shifty, i understand where u comming from, its totally like that tho, i suppose for you being a producer, you produce,this is your job,and offcourse must get paid for it, i suppose i keep thinking of it being a hobby or something extra,"the underground vibe thing again", the fact that their is little money in it and it came about more for the enjoyment aspect rather,until now that is...but i think its got to a stage where you need to get money to carry on this enjoyment, "more parties,more music,more fun" but just becareful to much of good thing could be bad.

take it, dont take it, use it,dont use it p

Sarasin

Posted : Dec 23, 2004 09:47
Look....sure....if we go this way.....we will be getting the Rave Bunnies as you say, doing things that should not happen at trance parties.

But is it not up to US....The Scene ...to educate them?

I remember when i first started going to trance parties....and what my attitude was like.

Its changed....due to me being educated on the scene.
Be an example....and spread the word!

How did we end up here ......

How did i end up here?

I was an arse kicking metal head!

Being wicked is AAIIT!
s@tanboy

Posted : Dec 25, 2004 10:29
Quote:

On 2004-12-21 17:48, shift wrote:

also once a month mark gilman does a morning trance hour from -9 am!!! its realy psy ,,, not nececarilly the best,,, but its on natinal radio when everyones driving to work...

i reckon 5fm would do a psy slot on a friday/saturday night if they thought that they might get and extra 1000 people listeneing just even for that slot,,, maybe i'll ask

Marc Gillman - Noooooooooooooo! I cannot stand that voice, it grinds into my soul. If I hear his voice for more than 5 seconds it spoils my whole day. So I will rather listen to my own cds to avoid that.

Now if derek the bandit played more psy I would listen, so please ask nicely...
Trance Forum » » Forum  South Africa - Psytrance on Radio

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance