1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

psyDUB - OTT

Reconstructed

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Jul 23, 2004 21:06
I'm fairly certain that he actually goes by the name Ott and it isn't some kind of acronym.
DiMiTry
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  70
Posted : Jul 24, 2004 06:08
Isn't it short for Otto the Barbarian? seems I heard somewhere that he worked with Juno Reactor under that name.

Pt.
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  236
Posted : Jul 24, 2004 06:15
Quote:

On 2004-07-24 06:08, DiMiTry wrote:
Isn't it short for Otto the Barbarian? seems I heard somewhere that he worked with Juno Reactor under that name.

Wow... really.. If you have some information about it... please post a link here.. Or maybe OTT him self could post the answer?
Anak
Anakoluth

Started Topics :  108
Posted : Jul 25, 2004 15:09
seems' ott is one of the ulta secret....he's real name is never written anywhere...only "produced by ott". maybe you have to dig out some old sinead o'connor records to look up his name           Anakoluth A Pebble in Your Eardrum's Shoe since 2001!
http://www.myspace.com/anakoluth
http://www.ektoplazm.com/profiles/anakoluth/
http://cronomi.com
greatgirl

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Jul 25, 2004 16:26
great artist indeed
also this kukan--i listen to his stuff first time on the luna last week and i liked each thing that he put---i think also as mear that his stuff his great...
more artist like that please           choose the best
Reconstructed

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Jul 25, 2004 21:01
Quote:

On 2004-07-25 15:09, Anakoluth wrote:
seems' ott is one of the ulta secret....he's real name is never written anywhere...only "produced by ott". maybe you have to dig out some old sinead o'connor records to look up his name

Like I said, I think his name is actually Ott. At least I think I remember him stating that on another forum.

But regardless, who cares what his name is, lets just look forward to his next album.
Shroomy
Homegrown Lifeform

Started Topics :  13
Posted : Jul 25, 2004 23:51
Ott is an abbreviation, but what the rest is is a well guarded secret.
elektric sheep
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  26
Posted : Jul 26, 2004 14:21
what is ott?

check this out...open that 3rd eye;)

Pharmacotheon - Jonathan Ott (1996)

---------------------------------------------------------
Entheogenic drugs, their plants sources and history. Jonathan Otts masterpiece is full of useful information on a extreme amount of entheogens. Chemicals, cacti, plants and even psychoactive animals are described and explained by action, use, origin, active substances and much more. 630 pages. Here are some of the psychedelics discussed: Beta-Phenethylamines: Mescaline, Péyotl, San Pedro, Phenethylamines: Indole derivatives: LSD, Ololuihqui, Kykeon, DMT, Cohoba, Epéna, short-acting tryptamines, Beta-Carbolines, Ayahuasca, Psilocybine, Psilocine, Baeocystine, Teonanácactl; Isoxazole derivatives: Ibotenic Acid, Muscimol, Pangk, Amrta; Asarones, Acorus Calamus, Atropine, Hyoscyamine, Scopolamine, Ibogaine, Tabernanthine, Voacangine, Eboka, Sananho, Nicotine, Tobaccos, Pituri, Kava-Pyrones, Piper, Salvinorin A, Ska Pastora, THC, Cannabis, Thujones, Artemisia;
Quasga
Inactive User

Started Topics :  12
Posted : Jul 26, 2004 23:39
Here is what I think I know about Ott. Maybe he'll readd this and clarify a few things.

From various information I've gathered on past web sites and beyond, here's my case history of this extraordinary producer. Like I said, this is what I think I know. These are NOT facts, just presumptions based on info I've acquired through various sources:

Jack Russell or Ott, short for Otto the Barbarian, used to help write and produce early Juno Reactor and Orb tunes, which a few of these fellows kinda intermingled in the early 90's so I've gathered. He made his debut with the orb song "Towers of Dub" by doing a remix of it, that legend has it made a dog shit itself upon hearing it. heehee. Apparantly pressures mounted with rising success and Jack bailed from the scene to retreat to the gay community of Brighton, England. In 1994, he's credited with doing some audio engineering work Simon Posford for a video game that Alien Sex Fiend did the soundtrack for. For some time he also worked at Dragonfly studios, helping on various projects and such, smoking vast amounts of weed and loving it there. All in all, the dood has been around the way in various studios and knows what he's doing, despite steering clear from the limelight.

Here is where I get confused. "Otto the Barbarian" is also used by Ben Watkins of Juno Reactor for engineering credits. Or does "Ott" do engineering for Juno Reactor? Or did Ben Watkins rip the name off, or they both use it? Grrrrr, speculation really sucks. The problem is most of what I think I know about "Ott" can be contradicted by other info.

I'd like to know the real history, but won't believe I have FACTS unless I read or hear it from "Jack's" mouth. Maybe I couldn't be anymore wrong about whatever I think I know.

Either way, I know one thing for sure. The dood is a master at what he does and not one track I've heard by him has even come close to letting me down. Period.
Pavel
Troll

Started Topics :  312
Posted : Jul 26, 2004 23:43
Nice info Quasga.
Want a name of a really bad Ott track?
Hallucinogen - Beatiful People (Ott Remix)
I'm sure he decided not to do trance after that tune.
Lucky us, he is so good at what he does right now.           Everyone in the world is doing something without me
Quasga
Inactive User

Posted : Jul 27, 2004 00:05
Hey Pavel,

One thing you have to keep in mind about that track is that Simon Posford originally wrote that track along with Mi-Loony-Um for New Year's 2000 in South Africa. Simon was running out of time and knew the only person he could really trust to mix his music was his friend, Ott. If you look at your "real" album cover (if you have it) I'm pretty sure that track is "mixed" by Ott. Not remixed. So the track name was already set in place by Simon I'm sure. Ott just made it sound better than probably what Simon himself would have done with it as far as engineering and mixing. Ott use so make trance tunes as Eco or something like that. I've never heard any of it, but I read he hates fast trance tempos now which is good indication why he stopped.

I wish he would get the rights to Igziabeher by Peter Tosh and remix the hell out of it. I'd pay $20 for the one remix track alone!
Jon Baraka
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  30
Posted : Jul 29, 2004 12:22
Quote:

On 2004-07-26 23:39, Quasga wrote:

Jack Russell or Ott, short for Otto the Barbarian,

Jack Russell ? hahahahaha PMSL.

Word on the grapevine is that it stands for Obscene Turgid Trumpet.

Make of that what you will...
Quasga
Inactive User

Posted : Jul 30, 2004 03:31
Quote:

On 2004-07-29 12:22, Jon Baraka wrote:

I guess I missed the point of what is so funny. If the information is wrong, why don't you clue some of us in to was is correct instead of being an arse???

If you took the time to read my post clearly, it's information I've gathered off the web, namely an old Orb website. Since someone referred to Ott on this forum as "the orbster", I have made my own assumption and declared it's what I "think" I know. I never thought for one second I had all the facts. I'd personally like to push all the rumours and speculation aside and hear the real facts. I guess if it's that important of a secret I should not bother caring and take the mentality of another in this forum; "who cares who he is or what his name is, let's look forward to his next album".

Agreed.

John
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  76
Posted : Jul 30, 2004 11:44
Quote:

I guess I missed the point of what is so funny. If the information is wrong, why don't you clue some of us in to was is correct instead of being an arse???

I wouldnt be too harsh on Jon - Ott is quite a well known figure at UK parties and discussion boards - in fact he may even grace us with his presence on this very topic - though given its lack of obscenity - probably not - so it a bit weird seeing a serious discusson about his background.

The guy's obviously a musical genius - but I wouldnt take the rest of the stuff too seriously.

Jon Baraka
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  30
Posted : Jul 30, 2004 12:03
Quote:

On 2004-07-30 03:31, Quasga wrote:
Quote:

On 2004-07-29 12:22, Jon Baraka wrote:

If you took the time to read my post clearly, it's information I've gathered off the web, namely an old Orb website. Since someone referred to Ott on this forum as "the orbster", I have made my own assumption and declared it's what I "think" I know. I never thought for one second I had all the facts. I'd personally like to push all the rumours and speculation aside and hear the real facts. I guess if it's that important of a secret I should not bother caring and take the mentality of another in this forum; "who cares who he is or what his name is, let's look forward to his next album".

Agreed.

Sorry, didnt mean to sound like an arse.

This link might give you a clue about Jack Russell

http://www.countrybooksdirect.com/acatalog/complete-jack-russell.jpg

Im secretly hoping that is his real name.

Trance Forum » » Forum  Ambient & Chill Out - psyDUB - OTT
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance