Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page and 1 guest
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Psychedelically Yours 3 (Parvati)

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Psychedelically Yours 3 (Parvati)

scobbah
Kiriyama

Started Topics :  35
Posted : Mar 1, 2005 12:55
Ok, here's my review, originally posted at Mandarin.nu in swedish.

CatNo: PRVCD08

Tracklist:
01 Jahbo - Audiodidakt
02 Phonic Request vs. Akhoa – Early Reflections
03 Insane Behavior – Fix The Fluff
04 Ohmgnome – Step Away From The Dwarf
05 Naked Tourist – Lunatic Asylum
06 Wizard Lizard – Dumping Physical Memory
07 Kindzadza – Back To The Future
08 Irie/Spiralz - Baloo
09 Para Halu – Snake It Easy

Our danish neighbors, Parvati Records, opens 2005 with the third part in their popular Psychedelically Yours-series. The disc is spiced up with nine tracks who's singing between 145 to 148 BPM, and offers as usual an impressive tracklist, at least by judging from the cover. We get the plesure of surfing sonic vibrations again delivered by wellknown Parvatisupporters, but we also get the opportunity to shake our head to Ohmgnome, a constellation between Jaffa from Grapes of Wrath and Terkelsen from Meteloids, as well as a french battle between Phonic Request and Akhoa.

So let us see what kind of tracks that's hiding on the disc...

01 – Jahbo - Audiodidakt (07:14)
Parvati's eighth release opens in dark and mean atmospheres, just like those we're used to hear Jahbo delivering. There's a rich sortiment of twists and beeps, but the track's power is still resting on the overall picture, the combination of atmosphere and digital tickle melodies in those groovy environments. The track is really OK, but it dosen't feel that fresh and innovative. You know what you'll get really, but it's still nothing that will get you screaming by surprise. If you got a predilection for Jahbo's earlier stuff, you'll definitely dig this.

02 – Phonic Request vs. Akhoa – Early Reflections (07:52)
The french battle takes the development of the CD to a slightly brighter way, from the perspective that the music doesn't really feel especially adapted for travelling at night anymore. A groovy bass is offered and there's not that much leads, and overall this feels like random sounds here and there of all kinds, who's playing on a groovy carpet of dancefriendly basslines. I'm afraid that I do not experience this as psychedelic at all, but instead it feels like a weak try to walk in tracks that's already cinversant with other artists, who's already cleared up this road with both scythe and machete.

03 – Insane Behavior – Fix The Fluff (06:58)
I'm surprised by how poppy the bass is, but that goes into oblivion as soon as the soundscapes mentally gets me to Aarhus. If we ignore the somewhat fluffy bass (is it this one the title's based on?), the tune of the mind directly goes into a more playfull atmosphere, and the soundscape really does feel like an Aarhus one. Mr. Terkelsen is also active in Meteloids, and this does really feel like something Meteloidish. You recognize the pour who's streaming out of the speakers, but I still miss the feeling of being seduced and surprised by the music. The favorite part is definitely some where near five and a half minute into the track, where the journey really takes that last step, crossing the border, and ultimately transforms into danish chaos.

04 – Ohmgnome – Step Away From The Dwarf (07:20)
The fourth track of the disc opens the gates with a real distinct groove, and I think of the Grapes of Wrath's masterpiece "Transmitting Raw Data" when I hear this, as this journey is very much like that track. It feels like this is the point where the CD presents itself for real and show's it's real face, and I'm seduced by the track's sick melodies, surprising excursions and trippy moments. All people who liked Parvati's previous split CD (PRVCD07) will definitely flip out to this dancefloor giant - here's 110% Parvatisound worthy the money!

05 – Naked Tourist – Lunatic Asylum (08:46)
We stop trying to control things, and this feels right”. Germany's representation on the disc is in the shape of the Naked Tourist, and I haven't quite been that seduced by their music before, but here they take the opportunity to show that they have what it takes to represent Parvati, and completely run over me. A hard bassline is offered, accompanied by muddle-headed melodies and it's fairly aggressve soundscapes whom we're constantly travelling. With an upcoming album on Parvati by the Naked Tourist, I can't do anything more than giving an applause if the germans have decided to continue like this. Full madness til' we'll become unconscious!

06 – Wizard Lizard – Dumping Physical Memory (07:30)
Here you'll find the disc's absolute klimax and the top notch gold piece. Wizard Lizard's contribution breathes heavy and stimulates your ears with a sound of quality, a sound we've learned to associate with Parvati. This is mean nightmusic who would become a wonderful element in the forest, but I still dig this frenetic with my foot, so it obviously works as a dose of serotonine wherever you are. When will we see an album from these talented israelis?

07 – Kindzadza – Back To The Future (06:27)
Kindzadza invites you for a dance in 148 BPM, and it's as usual in a rough way. The treatment is constantly hard, mean and unbelievable aggressive during the journey's six and a half minute. Here's no room to breath, but the track's loosing some of the energy during it's final two minutes - and even if this will appeal to many Kindzadza fanatics, I'm still of the idea that this is really not one of Leo's best performances.

08 – Irie/Spiralz - Baloo (07:22)
Mellgren's and Granström's track is presenting itself with some Örebrocharm. It's definitely not segmented or like it would follow a pattern. We're brought along a playful development who's not that hard and mean, but instead a bit gladly psychedelic and brightly-coloured. Unfortunately your listening yourself tired on this track rather quickly, and I have to take a pause after those seven minutes to rest my ears a bit, before the journey grabs on to me and takes me to the disc's final hero.

09 – Para Halu – Snake It Easy (08:39)
The compilation's final track is a real disappointment. The party's not coming true until six and a half minute past into the track, and it feels dry and overall weak. In large proportions, there's sort of a one minute long break in the middle of the track who's not making me scream by joy either, and where is all well tended chaos whom we are used to hear Para Halu delivering? This track doesn't even feel like a good track to tie up the whole music bag together, and when the track's singing it's last tones I'm left in alone in a fog of disappointment...

Summary
After I've calm down the ocean of feelings within me, I come to the conclusion that the third piece in the Psychedelically Yours-series comes like a drink with different tastes. The disc's opening with familiar tones whom we all recognize and associate with Parvati, and then it delivers two negative surprises who doesn't feel like something I associate with Parvati Records at all. The mix up is then followed by a flipped out track from Ohmgnome, followed by three tracks who runs me over, all of them, three times in a row. After that, it's left some space for some playful Örebrojoy and then the rope is cut by a total disappointment, a sleepwalker who did both wake up on the wrong side of the bed, as well as it dazed tried to charm the listener.

This release does not keep the flag high enough for Parvati, and I'm putting the disc back in it's cover and put the CD back in the collection with a disappointment in my heart. I do think that those who are not that into Parvati and it's previous releases will like this release, but for a fanatic lunatic like me, this is just simply not enough. Three-four good tracks on a CD who's armed with nine deliveries is just not enough. But do not end in despair. The Parvati factory is going to release both Para Halu's album as well as Naked Tourist's hopefully by the summer, and this is something I look bright upon during bitter moments as this.

More information
http://www.parvati-records.com
Noise Poison Records
Noise Poison Records

Started Topics :  28
Posted : Mar 1, 2005 17:49
High there,

first to say thx to scobbah, who wrote a serious, honest and well written review to this disc.
Me personally can agree to the most of what he said, but don't see it that dissapointing he does. I am obsessed with the work of my friends Björn and Martin who created here the standard of their future work with "lunatic alysum".... absolutely killer ....
Also Roi presents here a more than just satisfying track... this one really touches me. Jahbo always in his own atmosphere which carries me away, and I suppose we all know hungarians know it to create better tunes !
My disc will find it's place in my case, maybe not that long other parvati disc does, but......there will be two albums I am starving for, Guiseppe made it possible !!!
thx u ...

Cheers           I just came out, cause it seems there was a noise outside ! .... added to Parvati Records rooster .. check webside !!!
http://www.parvati-records.com
http://www.noise-poison.com
http://www.myspace.com/dj_ilse
psyreviews
IsraTrance Full Member
Started Topics :  71
Posted : Mar 1, 2005 23:57

VA
Psychedelically Yours 3
Parvati (Denmark)

These compilations have been setting the standard in freaky nighttime trance, and if you know the first two then chances are you’ll know what to expect here. Jahbo opens with Audiodidakt, which has a low-end funk betraying the flying, panning noises over the top. Phonic Request vs Akhoa’s Early Reflections is killer, and made me grin with delight at hearing it. It has a great stop-start to it, that’ll have people caught with two left feet, and the (frequent) bassline changes are spot on. The power here is in the way it holds and then releases the energy, and with the unshakeable sense of humour over the top… very, very impressive. Fix The Fluff from Insane Behavior is a gem as well, right from the start is throws up energy at you and it’s just on fire, with great balance between the sounds and topend sawcuts that just make you want to be stomp ing on the springy forest floor. Ohmgnome steps up with the delightfully-named Step Away From The Dwarf, and it’s a whirlwind that picks you up by the short and curlies, trims the back sack and crack, then thunks you back on the dancefloor with nothing but an intimate breeze for company. The sound of the next track’s name gives a good idea of what it’s like: “Lunatic Asylum by Naked Tourist”. It’s mental, the sounds get so incredibly bendy at the midsection that I had to check whether I’d used normal teabags or “special” ones. But it was normal ones – nothing stronger than TyPhoo was consumed, but f*ck me if it didn’t get me going all wibbly. This is a f*ing belter, the cockney sample muttering about chemicals is absurdly brilliant, the breakdown thereafter is even better, and the final run will have tears streaming down your cheeks. Wizard Lizard from Irrael is a new name on me, but on the strength of Dumping Physical Memory, there’s much more to come. It’s messy, it’s hard, it ge ts bigger and bigger and bigger… with perfectly-placed peaks and a shifting carpet underneath it all. Every vicar’s favourite, Kindzadza, pops up with Back To The Future, characterised by this huge, infectious topend that’s quite unlike anything else… a bit squeaky maybe but balanced perfectly against the lower frequencies. The sheer fuckedupness of the groove on Indian act Irie/Spiralz’s Baloo is enough to make you reach for the valium or, depending on your inclination, the crystal meth / DMT crossover your uncle has been developing in the back of his shed. Quantize from outer space melts into crazy layering, together forming a tune which should carry a health warning from how it makes you want to eat acid, mushrooms, iboga, toilet cleaner, anything. And if you think you’re in for a final track mellowout, forget it: Snake It Easy from Para Halu is a torrential, pounding beast that isn’t going to take no for an answer. Psychedelically Yours 3 is fast, pounding, breakneck and st eeped in liquid lysergia. Which is exactly the way it should be.

- - - - - -

http://www.psyreviews.com
terrorist

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Mar 2, 2005 13:21
well after listening to demos of all the tracks i thought this was pretty solid

Skizologic
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  22
Posted : Mar 4, 2005 16:12
Great cd like always from parvati
my fav :

tracks :
liesls

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Mar 9, 2005 09:45
I was waiting in anticipation for this release & finally received it in the post yesterday I already managed to listen to it a couple of times & it's REALLY wicked!!

Favourite tracks are from Jahbo, Kindzaza, Insane Behaviour, Ohm Gnome, Para Halu, Naked Tourist... Well, actually I enjoy the whole release!!
Fuzulu
Fuzulu

Started Topics :  58
Posted : Mar 10, 2005 14:39
amazing cd ... each and every track is interesting .... the naked toursit track is smashing ... killer cd once again from parvati
Morbidelic
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  56
Posted : Mar 11, 2005 15:50
Yoo Yeah Ppl sayed here all

but again parvati buuurnnn the dancefloorz with this wicked selection my fav:

Ohmgnome – Step Away From The Dwarf
this is working like machine on the dancefloorzz from begining daek atmosphere jaffa and bobo fx clean sound smash your brain.

Para halu - Snake It easy - darkness like hell the same style from this crazy guys make u dance like elf on energaizer this guys still know what is all about dark psychedelic sounds i love their heads keep boombing.

Jahbo - Same here with arhus master not fast so much cruncy base and ammm what a psychedelic story in it this guy know how to open crazy night in the midlle of forest punish fx and bulied up with his stuff on the studio keep this way bro.

Naked Tourist - Lunatic Asylum - another monster from berlin freaks start is good but some while they put there craaazyyy kick with vocals fx make u shake your luegs like pink pig on cactus This guys know how break some legs and cells.

Also the rest are crazy sounds

I.B - Sicknessss story

Kdd - same here papa russia kicking ass

track 3 is suprise for me working well on sets

also wizard dudes with nice story.

8.5/10

must 1

Boom Parvati.           Happy Happy,Joy Joy.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dj-Morbidelic/642401392473366
gaspard
Yab Yum

Started Topics :  50
Posted : Mar 13, 2005 21:28
yeah this is, as expected, a fantastic release! so far my favourite of 2005!!!
personnal favourites are the insane behaviour, naked tourist and kindzadza tracks!
i listen to it everymorning over breakfast, then my day seems to just flow from there!!!!
          Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Terry Pratchett
Elad
Tsabeat/Sattel Battle

Started Topics :  158
Posted : Mar 22, 2005 05:18
ohh boom g for that loveley cd
jahbo soon here (dont pm me i have no details)

loved the insane track the most
also ohm gnome (ahh what powerfull music )
and wizard lizard roxx           www.sattelbattle.com
http://yoavweinberg.weebly.com/
technodrome
Technodrome

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Mar 22, 2005 05:57
to parvaty family !
graet compilation killer music naked tourist alwayes rocks & jahbo 2 !!!!!!!
keep them coming! hope will do buisnes sometime !!!

next album is coocking!!!!
DeathPosture
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  142
Posted : Mar 23, 2005 19:29
V/A – Psychedelically Yours 3

Cover: http://kortlink.dk/puy

Artist: Various
Title: Psychedelically Yours 3
Format: CD (digipack)
Label: Parvati Records (Denmark)
Cat. #: PRVCD08
Distribution: Wirikuta
Date: February 2005

Track listing:

01. 07’14” Jahbo - Audiodidakt
02. 07’52” Phonic Request vs. Akhoa – Early Reflections
03. 06’58” Insane Behaviour – Fix The Fluff
04. 07’20” Ohm Gnome – Step Away From The Dwarf
05. 08’46” Naked Tourist – Lunatic Asylum
06. 07’30” Wizard Lizard – Dumping Physical Memory
07. 06’27” Kindzadza – Back To The Future
08. 07’22” Irie/Spiralz – Baloo
09. 08’39” Para Halu – Snake It Easy

Review:

Anti-fluff! Anti-cheddar! Anti-Christ!

After last years massive compilation Psychedelically Yours 2 and the smash split album Tits On Fire by Grapes of Wrath/Meteloids, highly acclaimed Danish hyper-trance label Parvati Records is out with their 8th release… This time it’s another compilation, and if it’s only half as good as their previous releases I’m a happy man… Let’s find out…

Let me take you thru the tracks…

#01: Jahbo – Audiodidakt [145 BPM]
First up is Jahbo a.k.a. Rølike Jahbo from Denmark who is also one half of Meteloids… I really, really dig his style and so far nothing he’s been involved in has let me down… And yes, I’m happy to inform you, that he does not let me down here either… After two seconds, the gloomy, haunting atmosphere has been established and Jahbo takes us for a fucked-up walk thru eerie forests… The skeleton of this track is made up by rich, phat pads of gritty industrial noise tangled up in deep, dark psychedelia… The title is a play on words, as ‘autodidakt’ means ‘self-taught’ in Danish, and fuck yeah – Jahbo knows his shit… Very cool track!

#02: Phonic Request vs. Akhoa – Early Reflections [146 BPM]
Phonic Request is Wilfried Decaesteker and Akhoa is O.Charpier – both from France… I haven’t heard any of their stuff before, so I didn’t really have any expectations… Though the bpm-range has only increased by 1, it seems like a must faster track… Deeply psychedelic, dark, twisted hyper-trance with just enough acid-lines to keep my ass wiggling… Kinda like Phyx, but with a darker more repetitive edge… I really like the oddball twists and rapid changes in pace this track have… Good experimental stuff!

#03: Insane Behaviour – Fix The Fluff [147 BPM]
“When you smoke that shit everything kind of gets weird, you know what I mean? Dope!…Eight cases where the natural structure of the hexagram makes its inversion ineffective in changing any of the lines” Insane Behaviour kicks things off with a Platoon quote that soon evolves into a Terrance McKenna quote… We’re back in Denmark now with the solo-project from Bo Terkelsen the other half of Meteloids... And Meteloids is just what this sounds like… Dark, distorted, twisted, wriggling underground psy-trance… As anti-fluffy as it gets!

#04: Ohm Gnome – Step Away From The Dwarf [148 BPM]
I thought they were called little people? Bo Terkelsen is also involved in this project along with Jaffa from Grapes of Wrath… Check out the wicked intro to this track – as Dam1on said it really picks you up by the shorts, and after a good old shake-up it dumps you back on the dancefloor… There’s a very unique groove in this track, and as it bounces back and forth it’s very hard not to move… Full power hypnotic night-time trance… I dig!

#05: Naked Tourist – Lunatic Asylum [147 BPM]
“Fantasy is a part of reality. And we take the break. We’re thinking clearly, yet not thinking at all. This feels right. We stop trying to control the drug. This feels right…” Naked Tourist is Z-Neo and Iguana from Germany, and they also had a track on Psychedelically Yours 2… Cool intro with some kid humming – a humming that soon transforms into a massive bassline… Computerized samples and dark, twisted FX makes up the initial part of the track, but it soon turns into a big old mean trance machine… I’m a sucker for acid-lines and this is acid galore! I like the naïve melody in the middle part, and everything after 6’48 is just pure bliss… The funny druggy voice-samples helps add to the overall madness this choon portrays… Aptly named indeed – and indeed brilliant! I’m gonna be all over their debut album coming soon on Parvati Records… Gimme gimme gimme!

#06: Wizard Lizard – Dumping Physical Memory [146 BPM]
This is my first encounter with the creative outlet of Roi Levi & Guy Marciano from Israel, but I know they’ve released tracks on both Doof and Nabi Records… And I’ll be damned if this isn’t another kick-ass track… Again it’s mean-ass, gritty, dirty, super-demented, evil hyper night-psytrance – with too many layers to count… A big phat wall of psychedelia – closing in on you! Reminds me of Kemic-Al – and that’s a sign of quality… I’ll keep my eyes open for these guys in the future ‘cause this is damn good!

#07: Kindzadza – Back To The Future [148 BPM]
“Look, it doesn’t matter who created what – the important thing is…” Kindzadza is Leo Greshilov from Russia, and he’s one of the veterans of darkish psytrance with two released albums and loads of compilation tracks… And holy fuck, this is one mean motherfucking tune… and I mean really mean – Psychodelichesky-mean! It’s an extremely fast-paced, hard-hitting bass-monster… Yikes! It takes a little getting used to, but after repeated listens you’ll learn to appreciate it… As opposed to my fellow reviewer Scobbah, I like the last two minutes here the best – there’s a very infectious groove going on… Good, but not as good as the previous tracks here I’m afraid… But then again, the competition is fierce on compilation, so it’s really nitpicking…

#08: Irie/Spiralz – Baloo [146 BPM]
Irie is Robin Mellgren and Spiralz is C.Granstøm – both from India… Their names don’t sound too Indian, so I have a feeling its exile Swedes in Goa… But screw that, let’s talk about the bare necessities of their track Baloo… This track is a mish-mash, hectic track with cut-up bits and pieces – put back together into a dark, industrial sounding psy-frenzy… It has definite hints to both the weirder side of Finnish and Australian psy-trance… Would’ve fit in perfectly on the Schizm compilation released on Gi’iwa in 2004… It’s a great track, but somehow it’s a little too hectic for the flow on this CD… What kinda shrooms are they on in India? Hook me up!
#09: Para Halu – Snake It Easy [148 BPM]
András Fekete & Adám Hohmann from Hungary lure us into thinking this is a laidback track with the track name and all… But I can assure you it’s not… It may sound like that for the first minute, but it’s a hoax! The track itself has kinda the same spooky, haunting feel as their track on Psychedelically Yours 2… Oh yes, this is Halloween trance complete with distant screams and crows to mess with your emotions… Boo-fucking-hoo! Bittersweet and twisted… And the ending really grabs you by the balls and leaves a lasting impression! A great way to end a truly great hyper-trance compilation!

I love it! Despite the surprise turn the last three tracks take, I’m really, really impressed with this compilation that once and for all should establish Parvati Records as the founding fathers of ultra-hard, hard-hitting, ball-breaking, deeply demented hyper night-trance… There is no fucking around here – this is the real deal…

As with the last two Parvati releases, I do not hesitate to give this my highest recommendation… All fans of the above mentioned style needs this compilation in their collection… Enjoy!

Favourites: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5(!!), 6, 9

DeathPosture

External links:
Parvati Records: http://www.parvati-records.com
Wirikuta: http://kortlink.dk/puz
Psyshop: http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/pav/pav1cd008.html
Cisco: http://www.cisco-records.co.jp/cgi/title/trance/detail_127322.php
Saiko Sounds: http://www.saikosounds.com/english/display_release.asp?id=4578
Chaos Unlimited: http://www.chaosunlimited.co.uk/cgi-bin/product.asp?LR=pvrcd08

On really romantic evenings of self, I go salsa dancing with my confusion...
kolladetregnar
Derango

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Mar 24, 2005 11:57
Another superb review DeathPosture !!
This is a good CD, not the best I´ve heard from
Parvati, but still a very good release..

My personal favourite here is Jahbo´s Audiodidakt. Great work m8 !!

Bo0M!!!
CLAW
CLAW

Started Topics :  117
Posted : Mar 24, 2005 13:11
Nice reviews in here!!
Great release by parvati

Favourites: 1, 3, 5, 9

Boom to Parvati           • Noize Conspiracy Records •
http://soundcloud.com/c-l-a-w
https://www.facebook.com/CLAW.cy
Memory Loss
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  103
Posted : Mar 24, 2005 13:31
Nice review Alex and DeathPosture...For sure my favorite track is Ohm Gnome sick Vs track from Bo and Jaffa..The rest of the track are also full with Parvati style.           Skate 0R Die
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Psychedelically Yours 3 (Parvati)

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance