Author

psy

deepflux

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Nov 16, 2004 00:42
some darks:

Lustmord + Robert Rich "Stalker"
Brian Eno "Ambient4: On Land"

Usually full of deep drones, metallic noises, whispers and screams...

Pt.
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  236
Posted : Nov 16, 2004 09:03
Quote:

On 2004-11-15 23:59, mubali wrote:
I heard someone use the term "dambient" (dark ambient) Can someone give me some examples of dark ambient music?

Want the darkest of the darkest? Try "Juno Reactor - Lu-ci.ana" 1 track, 60 minutes
Pt.
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  236
Posted : Jun 16, 2006 13:51
I guess, in a way that most "drone" music is dark, and often "trivial".. in a way.
blueOrb
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  100
Posted : Jun 16, 2006 18:01

ok i retract ....yes we certainly have the genres psychill and psydub thats distinct from the other types of chill and dub ....

i love the psy factor in the music !!!!!!           New mixes on
http://soundcloud.com/blueorb

Older Mixes on
http://blueorb.podomatic.com/
droozi
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  33
Posted : Jun 16, 2006 18:39
I always thought that the psyness of a track is a measure of how tweaky and twisted the sounds of a track are (ring modulation creation) - When a track is totally tweaky and one gets lost in the high pitches or the sounds almost make you feel like you are travelling in space then you are probably listening to a heavily psy track. A visual analogy to Ambient would be a painting with extremely broud strokes and very smooth lines. A visual analogy of psy would probably be something by Jackson Pollack - so the term psyambient seems contradictory if you ask me.

Also let me just mention that alot of music reccommended on this forum cannot even be considered as chillout - if you dont believe me listen to the psymeditation series - If i were to try and meditate to that music I would get a headache - dont get me wrong - I love those albumns - but its not meditation music. On the other hand the oxycanta cd is pure meditation.

My 2 bits (which is about 1/4 a byte )
g/\8!
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  15
Posted : Jun 17, 2006 02:19
future sound of london is THE psy...and let me say this...trance was always for me beyond categorization or maybe psy is the unknown is something that you dont know yet...once you define things you are ready to go beyond...maybe because of this i find the psybient or downbeat or psydub so boring this days...plastikman is another THE psy...try not to think so much about definition because this becomes institution and once it becomes institution there are coming the sharks of it...feel always free to travel listening to def leppard,the orb,edith piaf or napalm death or what the hell you just like to flow with...if you trip..then this is psy...or trance....no?......................................................................................................................................................halo psytones!!!
Dr. Boombastic
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  17
Posted : Oct 19, 2006 09:55
couldnt agree more with all u guys who say that there is no need to distinguish between sub stratifications.. as long as the mood driving it is the same... that goes like full on or chill out... nothing more needed... easy listening...
Kane
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  23
Posted : Oct 22, 2006 20:52
It is frequently called Psybient and Psychill, but those are just subgenres of Ambient music..as was said above, ambient has been around much longer than psytrance.
dubfix

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Oct 22, 2006 22:55
well i think its not a mater of wot is older psy is just a expression for some cinde of sound ore feeling aneything can be psy music people ore visuals
and for shure also chill and ambient can be psy.
friendly chilled justin           Dubfix Chill-in-or stay out
www.chillinberlin.com
Kane
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  23
Posted : Oct 24, 2006 00:05
Quote:

On 2004-11-05 13:27, traveller wrote:
full on ambient -> full ambient

tech ambient -> tembient

progressive ambient -> prombient

dark ambient -> dambient

..and so on..

we don't need any more genres

fullon ambient?
whats the point
maux
Mauxuam

Started Topics :  28
Posted : Oct 24, 2006 17:49
...I thought that psy was about the fact that ppl who make that kind of music are on psychedelics while they doing it...and listeners as well...
and I thought that on psychedelics you don't give a damn fuck about genre and subgenre...and subsubsub genre...all this tembient and dambient sounds to me like another bollock in the wall...
what about Carpet Tekno ?---and Pillow Trance ?
or Farting Chill ?
anyway I think that ChillOut as a name of a music genre really sucks...and I get really offended when somebody says that my music is chillout...

love u all from the deep of my intestines

=:-)
Trance Forum » » Forum  Ambient & Chill Out - psy
← Prev Page
1 2 3
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance