First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Plusquam - Widescreen 2003

inkubator
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  11
Posted : Jul 16, 2003 21:33
to express feelings that music can trigger inside your chaos of chemical and biologoical reactions is hard, if its not in your motherstongue its even harder, but neverthelesse i'll try to review imho one of the best releases this year. widescreen from the german sublabel of spirit zone is a very good example to show friends and non-trancers what kind of music i really, really love and venerate...

.:[ paste - Smash it
groovy, minimal: paste. stuff we listened now a few times to, not theyr best track but still enjoyable for me and works on the dancefloor for sure. 6/10

.:[ shaman - sound of science
maybe i don't understand what exactly shaman wants to tell us with this track but i miss something. for me its just too straight, i can't feel much groove in the track, not really my cup of tea. the dirty trumpet-lead reminds me too much the track from "pulse - good morning" 4/10

.:[ ticon - see us at the zoo
yeah, nice track. alot of drive, very clear and crispy produced, as usual. play this amazing track and the crowd will follow you... 8/10

.:[ tegma - canacas
for me the only track that doesn't fit the flow of the compilation. i miss some coolness, the groove, though perfect used in a morning set somewhere in the mountains or at the beach may blow some minds off... 4/10

.:[ vibrasphere - elephant
yup, those guys rule. nice sounds and samples, great athmosphere in the track. the perfect track to start a peaktime set. the only thing to complain i have is that we have now 3 projects that sounds very similar: vibrasphere, ticon and son kite, but that's not worsening this track... 8/10

.:[ buzz vs symphonix - perfect day
in this teamwork i can only hear buzz, its a very buzzy track. groovy, nice sounds (though some sounds one already knows). i like... 7/10

.:[ sensifeel - look around
noisy, i miss a bit the flow, but nice sounds nevertheless. 5/10

.:[ bitmonx vs antix - tane
bitmonx rules, antix rules and together they rule the world, almost at least. the warm sounds are first class, the beat and groove is just great, this smooth production is outstanding... 9/10

.:[ absolute and blade - outpost
wha? whats this? niiiice one. strong sounds, alot of energy in the track, one for the peaktime and the crowd rocks with the dj... yeah!!! 8/10

eventhough i have two tracks on it that i didn't like much, i give this compilation an overall of 8/10. can't wait for the next releases of one of my favourite labels plusquam... killer!

peace           just gimme more of the same. its just a test!
tom anteater
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  56
Posted : Jul 17, 2003 14:34
aargh this was meant to come in the post this morning but the ever reliable royal mail can;t find it in their sorting office... i am pissed! anyway it looks nice as i had well hoped.. when i have it i will contribute smthing more constructive           >>love will tear us apart...<<
Jingabé
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  18
Posted : Jul 17, 2003 15:21
Well, just copy/paste from my post in the Promotional Section:

I'm glad I have this one. Really great, brilliant, groovy, ass-shaking stuff, perfect for the beginning of the summer. Makes my mind wonder and think of whats to come... just a few weeks more before my vacations!!

All tracks are brilliant but I must make a reference to Paste, Shaman, Buzz vs Symphonix and Bitmonx vs Antix. These are the standouts for me. Can´t wait for Antix album. Any updates on this one?
Anak
Anakoluth

Started Topics :  108
Posted : Jul 17, 2003 19:11
it just rocks. 1, 3, 7 are my fav here. especially 7. perfect track to awake with...it'll gonna be a perfect day...

btw. where did u hear son kite on this compilation?           Anakoluth A Pebble in Your Eardrum's Shoe since 2001!
http://www.myspace.com/anakoluth
http://www.ektoplazm.com/profiles/anakoluth/
http://cronomi.com
inkubator
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Jul 17, 2003 21:56
hi anakoluth
u missunderstood me or my english is just too bad

if u compare the ticon track, vibrasphere track and the latest son kite stuff (which is not on this comp, i know that hehe) dont u feel the same? its getting very close to eachother.

maybe its just me, and as i already stated: for sure its killer....           just gimme more of the same. its just a test!
Anak
Anakoluth

Started Topics :  108
Posted : Jul 17, 2003 22:34
ah yes i misunderstood u and its true. they are really close to each other, tho vibrasphere is more outstanding.           Anakoluth A Pebble in Your Eardrum's Shoe since 2001!
http://www.myspace.com/anakoluth
http://www.ektoplazm.com/profiles/anakoluth/
http://cronomi.com
NirI

Started Topics :  8
Posted : Jul 17, 2003 22:57
Yo guys.

Inkubatur i think that you have been too harsh with the grades you gave to each track, and you might as well moderate it. I myself don't believe in this numbers neither yours nor of any other individual or labels...

Than, i agree with you and anakoluth about the way this tracks are quite simmilar to one another.

I am very glad for this compilation, that let us see that "Tegma" is back in town after their humilliating last album, they still do remember how the work should be done.
Than for the 1st time i like "shamn" work though it is not fully my cup of tea(only gettin' closer).

And last but not list to mantion is Bitmonx, that is back with this smashing track versus antix. THANK YOU!

Enjoy this one...
inkubator
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Jul 18, 2003 00:01
hi NirI
remember i'm just expressing my personal feelings and thoughts when i try to do a review and it is honest what i wrote. there are billions of different opinions out there, mine is just one of them...

and peace           just gimme more of the same. its just a test!
pavi
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  29
Posted : Jul 18, 2003 01:31
You cant go wrong with this!

in other words little surprises and new ideas, but what a sound!!!

Within this timeless gathering,
a shining light does dance,
lost from conscious memory,
but visible in trance!

www.alchemyrecords.co.uk
Kaz
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  90
Posted : Jul 18, 2003 10:58
Quote:

in other words little surprises and new ideas, but what a sound!!!

That's the exact reason I prefer Penta to Ticon. Another 'top notch production' progressive album with nothing new. More of the same. And to think that the progressive fans bash the full-on fans for everything sounding like GMS and Astrix. *yawn*           http://www.myspace.com/Hooloovoo222
Zombi
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  375
Posted : Jul 18, 2003 14:31
as allways kaz u make one mistake - u look for groundbraking/realy refreashing stuff in too come_on places. just get Exotic Native Recordings new cd "After Eclipse - Sunday Session vol.1" and get another step forward in progressive. allready very known labels rarely change the "win formul".

about the cd itself i will say its great morning stuff, my fav. 5,6,8,9.           Believe your soul !
yossi
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  72
Posted : Jul 18, 2003 15:49
i didnt heard the cd yet, but kaz sure has something in his words...

u gotta be blind not to see it elik           if you want to be rich, u`ve got to be a bitch!
Misha(Overlap)
Neogen / Overlap

Started Topics :  29
Posted : Jul 18, 2003 16:28
great cd especialy
3,5,9!!!
inkubator
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Jul 18, 2003 20:12
@kaz
so, you'd call it goa-pop? yeah maybe, who reads between my lines could get it out of my text too, but what can i do? hate it just because there are no new ideas in it even though it causes something in me? some sounds on this cd triggers some feelings and that's (almost) all i expect from music

to be open minded for new stuff (check our compilation and you'll get loads of new sounds) doesn't mean for me to ignore the rest. thinking about where can lead us trance in the near future doesn't mean for me to forget the present.

i agree with pavi, he has found the right words...           just gimme more of the same. its just a test!
sensifeel
sensifeel

Started Topics :  44
Posted : Aug 31, 2003 19:16
One of the best morning compilation of this year!!!
thanx Plusquam!
fav: 2,6,7(of course),9

http://sensifeel.online.fr
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Plusquam - Widescreen 2003

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance