Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Phony Orphants - Symphony (Iboga 2003)

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Phony Orphants - Symphony (Iboga 2003)

Zombi
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  375
Posted : May 30, 2003 13:53
Emok and Jeppe, two pioners of Denmark dance movement, both with 10+ years in party promotion, djing and expirience. both founders of Iboga records, one (Emok) still leader dj of the label, second (Jeppe) just maked it for his own label Nano Beat.
till now Phony released on many respectfull labels around the globe but wasnt my favorite act, since their music was too dark for my taste.
its about 4 years that guys release their music and only now they got to the artist album, after many live gigs around and after music was prooved in real mood. i have only to say that way to go with this attidute, its great too see acts that release a album in couple of years only, its sounds fit to it, mean very very good.
Phony Orphants just take a Progressive Trance to next level, i dont realy like word "groundbraking" but this album sure close to this therm, well, its not a Headcleaner but make me feel like i felt after first Vibrasphere album, amazing in one word.
their music so pumping, right constructed and well produced that its make this album the most impressive Trance album for a long time for me. lets go to trax:

01. Pitch Bitch - its starts with long soundscape intro that on the peak of it the kick come in and the journey starts in the best way possible. straight from the start pumping bassline and energetic rythm loops take u on the groove, for sure. one of my fav from this album.

02. Dead Expressing - its continue with kicking Psychedelic tune where the rythm monotonic and grabing, and the atmopshere dark and scare. still very morning sound, just without melodies. easy can be played in the full on set to give it more psy flavour. less fav of mine.

03. Horny Enphants - this track have a big tragedy feeling in, its like something global going to happen soon, take your attention maximality while the groove and percussion shake u off. banging tune, very welcome in early morning hours. alot of scratchy sounds around to make whole picture tripy.

04. Global Wonderground - from this point album take absolutely amazing direction if u ask me (not that till now it was less that great). this tune hell of deep diving into the dance floor, builded up so slow but sure, have a deepest and fatest groove around, its impossible to stop dancing to it. make me feel so good, so sure in rose future of our music. realy make me scream !!!!!! every break just leave u in the look-after-de-kick-feeling and then its come u find yourself dig a hole in to de floor.

05. Symphony - its starts with outstanding groove and high hats to make u move fast, u sureu into another great producted progressive them, its evolve to powerfull trance tune and at 4.30 the GOA'tish melodie come in to make it a most nostalgic track for me for a very long time. its just have this feeling i used to like 6 years ago !!! karahana !! amazing come back to goa area, with Phony groove on top of all.

06. Chicago Collins - now its a time for more serious stuff, deep one. 126 bpm of slow buiding and deep diving into the metalic atmosphere of urbanic trance head. scary pads of human breathing and kicking low bass combined with alot of snares and high hats to shake your mind on.

07. Papa Chango - long kick intro, then break and funny sample "papa chango" to allert us that something smashing come in, and yeah, the sound that we liked so much in Scandinavian trance come back, this vibration and quite power, its possibley to play infront 10000 ppl and move their ass off and in the same time talk to friend in normal tone. thats what Scandinavia has to present 4 years before, its still work and a big time !!

08. Xlnt - EXCELENT !! closer of the album take the Fluff tender to its perfect condition, the sample "u make me feel sooooo mwwwaaahhh" by female just make me feel my pant small its sexy !! its groovey !! its happy !! its deeeeeeep !! its XLNT !!! its tottal morning tune, hopefuly will be played by Mapusa tonight

personal highlights: 1,4,5,6,7,8.
if 2 and 3 trax were as good as the rest i was write at my book - album of the year for sure.

here is so many previously unexpirienced grooves and rythms, here is so many music and right spirit, its dancefloor bomb and in the same time a big pleasere for ppl who like listen to the music. fun at both cases promised.
well, its a finest trance album in a very long time. Iboga back on the track with FX and now Phony album and Antix in few weeks.
congrutilation Iboga, u make me feel soooooo mwwaahhhh !!
          Believe your soul !
liquidtomer
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  50
Posted : May 30, 2003 14:07
well i didnt like this album but its just beacuse i dont really like prog. trance but all u prog. lover will sure love this one the highlight for me was track no 7 really like the sample.
Nick_A.

Started Topics :  0
Posted : May 30, 2003 15:10
Nice review Zombi...thats the spirit!
Well done!
Mammoth Hunter

Started Topics :  2
Posted : May 30, 2003 19:28
Zombi!

This is a great review, man! I absolutely agree with your assessment: this is an amazing album and one that we're going to talk about for a long time! I just spoke with a new friend in Copenhagen and he described this album as "Danish trance at its best!" Need we say more?

I also agree that Iboga is back in a big way. And don't forget the DJ Banel in the Mix CD which for some reason hasn't been reviewed here yet.

These are good times! Just a short recap of what we've been served this year, first Vibrasphere, then Ticon and now Phony Orphants. The Scandinavian sound is evolving while getting better. Hard to say that the scene is dying while music of this quality is being released!

BTW, Doesn't Papa Chango have a reference to Manu Chao?

Peace!
The Green Channel
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  41
Posted : May 30, 2003 20:40
really is a good album. Havn't heard it enough to give a proper review ......           "Love is a way of life"

(Gaia, Love, Nature, Shamanism (.2A.y.0a.hu.1a.sc.2a.), Terence McKenna)
tekton
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  27
Posted : Jun 6, 2003 06:30
Nice review Zombi, i enjoyed reading it. This album is a pure masterpiece, perfect production, after only two listenings this is one of my favorite albums this year. And i hope Antix album will be on the same level as this one or close to it. Again i agree with every word that Zombi said

Way to go Phony Orphants and Iboga Records !!!!

take care !
Asi
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  104
Posted : Jun 7, 2003 20:37
man, i need this album, i need to know when is it out in London !?

cheers           (-:"The Psychoactive Is So Powerfull
Since The Discovery Of L.S.D"
:-)
Setherian
Setherian

Started Topics :  41
Posted : Jun 8, 2003 01:36
Its a very nice album, I just dont see any new/outstanding ideas on it....but good album.
          The Devil Is In Detail!
yossi
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  72
Posted : Jun 9, 2003 00:39
phony orphants rule!

indeed its not headcleaner, but i sure had almost the same feeling now.

i just heard it now for the fist time with headphones.
damn happy groovy experience

alot of light came into the phonies music, much more alive, deep and happy atmosphere all over.
it sure was a great surprise

btw:
Mammoth Hunter... where is magnetrixx in your list?

if you want to be rich, u`ve got to be a bitch!
Chaka Laka
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  13
Posted : Jul 5, 2003 23:03
Zombi , your grading is 100% !! starting from the 4th track - this is good shit ))) as good as your review , well , they worth each other ... i like this label too , best in progresssive ) Symphony and Papa Chango rules , Xlnt !!!

but "previously unexperianced grooves" .. u felt like in heaven , ah ?           Dance is my Trance
Chaka Laka
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Jul 5, 2003 23:18
Pitch Bitch is very sexy too ..           Dance is my Trance
Zombi
IsraTrance Senior Member

Posted : Jul 5, 2003 23:27
this is what i call "fucking good cd".
or in more relevant name "good music for sure".
how i felt ?? like i wanna dance !! and i did, and its not happen to me at home often in last years.
Bitch should be sexy eh ??
          Believe your soul !
Chaka Laka
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Jul 5, 2003 23:47
sure btw , after relestening to it more times , i think that 2 and 3 not that boring like they seemed to be ...           Dance is my Trance
Zombi
IsraTrance Senior Member

Posted : Jul 5, 2003 23:49
now is u grading 100%. becoze i think pretty same, for sure about num 3 and almost sure about num 2. to sum it up, i think that 7 of 8 absolutely amazing and one just great. plus its variety, different and top notch produced. cant ask for more from anybody.           Believe your soul !
NEO
IsraTrance Junior Member
Started Topics :  27
Posted : Jul 5, 2003 23:56
"raio mambu papa chango!"
ahh what a great album!! full of groove in it!
makes a very good mode whil listening .
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Phony Orphants - Symphony (Iboga 2003)

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance