Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  UK - Party this weekend on a farm (19/04/2003) hoorah!

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Party this weekend on a farm (19/04/2003) hoorah!

jon
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  17
Posted : Apr 15, 2003 23:55
Just thought Id post something about the party at Hugo and Neil's farm this weekend....
(that's Hugo Cyanescent who is here sometimes).

Itll be in a large barn during the evening, and outdoors (yippee!!) in the morning when the sun comes out....

and there will be sun : weather forecast says so.

The lineup is fluid - i know I am doing a Live set (yikes), as is Hugo... Mark Snafu is playing, I think Full Lotus is, Deviant hopefully (the Cartoon Asylum dude), Spike will be if I can get his phone number again (I lost my phone, recall!!!), and much much more:) But there are lots of hours in the day, and I reckon most (capable!!) people who bring CDs should be able to have a go... it will be that kind of fluffy party:)

I am bringing my tent but this is optional (dont think Ill use it), there will be lots of decor and lights, and there will be a BONFIRE and performances and drums and other hippie stuff:)

Of course there will be a big soundsystem (already hired).

The farm is in Southminster, Essex. It'll start Saturday evening (at some point) and finish some time on Sunday (not 6am let me tell you!!). If you let people know when you are coming, and are lazy, then there is even a minibus from the station to the farm! Cant say fairer than that!!

PM me (or hugo but I think he is more busy with organisational matters) for further details..... I am extremely excited about this party!!
Asi
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  104
Posted : Apr 16, 2003 22:43
have fun jon, and good luck !!!           (-:"The Psychoactive Is So Powerfull
Since The Discovery Of L.S.D"
:-)
jon
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Apr 17, 2003 01:37
Thanks asi!

Have fun on holiday.... you will be missed on saturday:(

Mike Indidginus
Indidginus

Started Topics :  21
Posted : Apr 17, 2003 12:18
Good luck with your set Jon
jon
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Apr 17, 2003 14:07
Thanks Mike.... you should come along!

Actually I have some news : the party will now last for 2 nights..... saturday and sunday night.

So it is basically a FESTIVAL!!!!! hehe

The main night will be saturday, if you are planning on coming only for one night. Otherwise : bring a tent!!!!

Oh also bring food, drink, and *other*

There is apparently a shop 20 mins walk from the farm, though, so the food and drink should not be too much of a problem. Not sure about *other* at this stage though......
full_lotus
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  25
Posted : Apr 17, 2003 14:26
My house is like 20 mins away as well           Turn On, Tune In, Trance Out!!!

http://www.psymusic.co.uk
heather feather
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  11
Posted : Apr 17, 2003 18:15
Jon wish I could be there for your debut...wowowowowow so exciting!!!!

Sorry I cant be there, good luck and have a stomp for me
snafu

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Apr 17, 2003 19:20
The party has been moved totally out doors due to problems with power in the barn. Lets hope the weather holds. Also Shahara will be playing as well.
See you all there
Cactus Shmactus
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  10
Posted : Apr 17, 2003 22:13
This is going to be a lot of funnnnnn !!!
WHIIHIHIHI
Peace, Love and Chicken Grease
Astral Mike
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  38
Posted : Apr 18, 2003 03:53
looks like b i'll playing too, c u there !! ...
Kristian
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  93
Posted : Apr 18, 2003 05:35
enjoy your live set jon,iam sure it will be cool.
MonasticSquid
MonasticSquid

Started Topics :  20
Posted : Apr 18, 2003 07:52
wow Jon...
(This is Dr Jon.....Stringtheory and Mega brain stuff right?).. If so,... its been a long time since I heard anything of yours (At Toms house that night eh?)
Goodluck man... Have a blast

---------------------------------------------
www.myspace.com/mtheoryuk
www.myspace.com/monasticsquid
www.alchemyrecords.co.uk
tom anteater
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  56
Posted : Apr 18, 2003 12:03
yeah, good lucky jonny my man
i'm sure you will be killlaaa

sorry i can't be at this but have fun everyone (and remember to die on cue during jon's set )           >>love will tear us apart...<<
jon
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Apr 21, 2003 14:37
Hi!

I am x-posting this here and on UK forum....
cos I was adding to a post by Mike on the topic.... Hope there is no rule about this...

http://www.psy-forum.co.uk/

----------

I had a great time on saturday! It was great seeing so many people contributing to the party....

e.g. Sean did an amazing job creating/setting up the decor earlier in the day.... lots of
fluoro fish (some made by him, some by Millie).... Mike helped a lot with the sound and decor too
as well as playing a kickass set:) A couple of Live Sets (*cough*, then a number of quality DJs all playing just for fun!

Anyway.... when the drizzle appeared saturday afternoon I can tell you there were some loooooong faces in essex....
and by 11:30 there was only 20 or so people.... but then a bunch of ppl arrived.... and in the end there was a good number.. maybe
50 --> 100 (Im no good at counting;) Small, but you certainly didnt feel you were dancing on your own (it was a small space really).
On the other hand it was the most friendly party I have been to, and that's saying a lot! I met 90% of the people who arrived.... I guess cos it was
promoted mainly here and by word of mouth....

I played an early slot at midnight under new artist name Dr Dee hehe but I wont talk about that save to say that I learnt
a lot from the experience and am looking forward to playing again:) Had a great time.... I have been bitten by the bug hehe!

Umm Mike has already mentioned the music up to his set.... his set was extremely good I thought and was enjoyed by all.... pro mixing and fresh sounds.... Things were quietening down by now as the sun rose and people drifted away (the drugs were unfortunately in fairly short supply which maybe had something to do with it...). I think after Mike was Full Lotus playing lots of very psychedelic
tunes.... then Mark Snafu. Ive only ever heard Mark play fullon blaster sets... so it was a joy to hear him play progressive morning tunes! A shock, in fact! Actually just before we headed back to london in the afternoon (and much after his prog set) he played this bouncy electronic remix of the Rainbow theme tune.. it was hilarious especially cos it wasnt tongue in cheek, but written by BBC themselves (I mean it was released on BBC Productions label or whatever)... I was rolling in the aisles!

But basically on sunday we spent the whole day lying around on the grass smoking, drinking booze, listening to progressive (lots of reefer decree, vibrapshere etc), and dancing a bit in a restrained (knackered) manner..... under the SUNSHINE! Yeah by some miracle it was in fact lovely and warm on sunday... all day.
I was expecting rain, but there werent even clouds! Hoorah! Cos when it comes to it, it's the weather in the morning that matters at these things, not the weather at 10pm the night before:) I felt asleep for a bit in the sunshine (repeatedly woken by some very loud
(but awesome) australians I met earlier:)

OK enough. Funniest comment of the night was from someone who asked me seriously whether Skazi was playing live (see earlier post on psy-forum.co.uk:)
Great to meet everyone there, and most of all thanks to Hugo, Neil and Millie for organising such an amazing party!!

See you all next friday at GMS and/or Photon Generator on saturday!!! ('and' for me, needless to say, being the psywhore that I am!!)

Toodle-Oooh!

snafu

Started Topics :  3
Posted : May 1, 2003 00:25
Thanks to everyone for the positive feedback about my morning set. I was surprised myself about how well it went considering hiow much acid I'd taken. But the sunshine helped. Possibly I'll be doing another chill/into progressive set for the Project Ozma Guys at the liquid connective outdoor party
Trance Forum » » Forum  UK - Party this weekend on a farm (19/04/2003) hoorah!

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance