Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Origins 2 V/A, Nano (May, 2005)

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Origins 2 V/A, Nano (May, 2005)

lazy_i
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  15
Posted : May 25, 2005 02:10
Artist: Various
Title: Origin II
Format: CD
Label: Nano
Cat. #: nanocd009
Distribution: Arabesque
Date: May, 2005

1. Eskimo –On A Roll
2. Aphid Moon – Nu Groove
3. Hydrophonic – Above is Below
4. Jumanjui – Roll The Dice (Amd rmx)
5. Tristan – Cheap and Meaningful
6. The Commercial Hippies – One Step
7. Protoculture - Oceanic
8. Silver Surfers – Max E Flow
9. Anarchy – Through My Own Eyes

1. Eskimo –On A Roll
Good strong Eskimo track to start with, the melody is just too nice and well, it’s typical Eskimo (in a good way) so no surpises- simply doing what he does best.

2. Aphid Moon – Nu Groove
Interesting track to say the least. Some of the synths just tickle every bit of acid frenzy you might have in you. Nicely floaty feeling to it.

3. Hydrophonic – Above is Below
The beginnings of this track are reminiscent of Hux Flux- those little computer/robot noises do it for me. More progressive track here but you just get into it with the hypnotic synth line.

4. Jumanji – Roll The Dice (Amd rmx)
I love this remix- so mellow and hardly like the original. You realize the power of the track after 4 minutes of soft rise and then this massive bass comes in and blows you away. The end is soothing shaking madness, loads of fun to dance to I’m sure.

5. Tristan – Cheap and Meaningful
‘why don’t you let go (repeat)……… it’s not about what happened in the past or what you think will happen in the future, it’s about the ride for chrissakes (repear)… theirs is no point going through all this crap if you’re not going to enjoy the ride.’ And then a nice Tristan beat than moves around and is completely alive, no elements left undisturbed, he goes straight to the point in this surreal atmosphere. It’s hippy rock time with some very fresh shit here! I’m surprised, so magnificently psychedelic melodies. Tristan has this thing about the way he works the rhythm with a light synth and bassline (also like Prometheus - Oscar) that it just rolls on so gently- free head massage right here.

6. The Commercial Hippies – One Step
A dark stomper here. They work their sounds to such pleasurable manipulations that leaves a plate-full of crunch. Amazing production work and build-up once again I am left in awe. So indeed it is one step at a time for now in this everlasting tale that seems to never finish or maybe it’s just me who doesn’t want to see it end.

7. Protoculture - Oceanic
The beginning reminds me of a track, maybe on the Turbo Trance compilation Scandinavian Express… Anyhow, nice flow. Very light track vibrant of positive energy for smiles all around at some outdoor festival deep in South Africa. (Tracks like this scare me because of how pure they sound like you feel it’s a journey that will completely rid you of all sins with no going back… )

Their first album was really good and these guys are just getting better all the time. The bell work in the background is very very nice. It’s the kind of track that will make you dreamy to explore past memories. Bad trips gone good is the theme it seems.

More esay-going for the end, to wave the frequencies away and prepare you for return on our planet. It is a shake-off to the last bit of sense you have in you after this is all over. It’s a tease to your well-being; maybe you’ll look back and wish to do the ride once more- cuz I think that’s what I’ll do. Anyhow, very trippy track with synths coming at you from every angle. The arrangement is perfect and through his eyes we see the light at the end of the tunnel of mysterious creatures. Cars stopping, kids hoping off running back to mom and dad a grin lighting their faces.

Conclusion – Not a single bad track, this album is worth every penny I invested. These tracks all make me wish to hear them in front of a nice big system in the middle of a forest. All morning dancing fun. Nano has some of the most intense and subtle psychedelic sounds out there and keeps on giving quality products since day 1.

Favorite tracks: 1, 3, 4!!, 5!!!!, 6!!!, 7!!, 8!!, 9!!!!
          www.frakasound.com

....i am not sure why....
----i am not sure how----
....it just happened....
Coomzy
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  30
Posted : May 25, 2005 04:45
Quote:

On 2005-05-25 02:10, lazy_i wrote:

Their first album was really good and these guys are just getting better all the time.

They have not released an album yet dude
Nygma
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  63
Posted : May 25, 2005 12:30
very nice review lazy_i, i'm happy that you have written it.

ah finally a review to one of the best compilations sofar out this year. nano keeps moving the quality bar up "one step" at a time

My personal favorite are track 6 & 7, true masterpieces and as lazy mentions, it's so easy to get lost during a celebral jounrey without actually wanting to return to reality.

a plus point are these bonus tracks on almost each nano release, including one on this compilation, which can be downloaded off their web site unfortunately it's still down, but soon i do hope.

ps: silver surfer did not release an album yet, just a few singles on some nano compilations.
          www.frakasoundrecords.com
fraka is a state of mind
lazy_i
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  15
Posted : May 25, 2005 15:24
my bad on silver surfers... i was mistaking with SOul Surfers.... shit happens boys. thanx Nygma
happysoph

Started Topics :  0
Posted : May 25, 2005 18:48
Quote:

More esay-going for the end, to wave the frequencies away and prepare you for return on our planet. It is a shake-off to the last bit of sense you have in you after this is all over. It’s a tease to your well-being; maybe you’ll look back and wish to do the ride once more- cuz I think that’s what I’ll do. Anyhow, very trippy track with synths coming at you from every angle. The arrangement is perfect and through his eyes we see the light at the end of the tunnel of mysterious creatures. Cars stopping, kids hoping off running back to mom and dad a grin lighting their faces.

Very nice track!

Someone could tell me a few word on this project?
I didn't find infos

thanks!
.:VINNX-BRASIL:.

Started Topics :  1
Posted : May 25, 2005 19:43
Quote:
Very nice track!

Someone could tell me a few word on this project?
I didn't find infos

thanks!

Annarchy is Girlfriend of Dick Trevor (Phantasm Rec/Uk)...i think soon coming news releseds in some labels of this project..!!           ¤BRAZÏLÏAN°TRANC€°MÄFIA®
*Karma Cola*
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  113
Posted : May 25, 2005 20:09
This was arguably one of the best releases by Nano so far...
I love the way Protoculture can make happy music without it gettin tooo cheezy.. his fluff is psy fluff..

My fav track was undoubtedly by Aphid Moon .. cant wait for the album now...           ~*** You can tell By the way i use my walk, Im a woman's man, No time to Talk***~
happysoph

Started Topics :  0
Posted : May 25, 2005 21:16

[/quote]

Annarchy is Girlfriend of Dick Trevor (Phantasm Rec/Uk)...i think soon coming news releseds in some labels of this project..!!

[/quote]

thanks!
kameleonpangea36
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  77
Posted : May 28, 2005 03:27
i would also say this is nanos best comp, all the tracks flow so well together, it really sounds like futuristic music, they are staying right at the forefront of progresive fullon, my favorite though would have to be the aphid moon, that song is on another level, i cant wait to hear more new stuff from him,           
label: www.pureperceptionrecords.org
design: www.designsbymattbryson.com
soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/kameleon-pangea
Rah
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  77
Posted : May 28, 2005 05:04
Compilation: Origin 2

Label: Nano Records

Year: 2005

Format: CD

Web: http://www.nanorecords.co.uk

Songs:
01. Eskimo - On A Roll (144 BPM's on E m)
02. Aphid Moon - Nu Groove (146 BPM's on C m)
03. Hydrophonic - Above Is Below (144 BPM's on E m)
04. Jumanji - Roll The Dice (Rmx) (147 BPM's on F#m)
05. Tristan - Cheap And Meaningful (140 BPM's on G m)
06. The Commercial Hippies - One Step (142 BPM's on C m)
07. Protoculture - Oceanic (143 BPM's on G m)
08. Silver Surfers - Max E Flow (144 BPM's on G m)
09. Annarchy - Through My Own Eyes (140 BPM's on A m)

My Highlights:

* Hydrophonic - Above Is Below

Out with their album last year, ‘Aquabatics”, the brothers Regan and Gareth from Nano, make a sultry combination of psychedelic trance hinting full-on energy, spread around melodies of a morning production. Hydrophonic produces a careful selection of refined effects finely chiseled basslines and voice samples, with driving pulses in an undeniable progression to satisfying music.

* Jumanji – Roll the Dice (Rmx)

There’s something refreshing in the remix of “Roll the Dice” with a groovy selection of conga rhythms by the midsection. It’s not heavy as an anchor, the sound is involving with a number of peaking synth’s like is tradition in the progressive side. It’s not fluffy, but tuneful I’ll roll the dice any day or night.

* Tristan – Cheap and meaningful

What a way to start a journey, Tristan is action packed on this one with enthusiastic riffs sampled like a chain, announcing the morning in all it's glory. The violins mid song repeating the theme is one ‘cheap’ way to make the song ‘meaningful’ but, I’d say it works. It’s very well orchestrated either way, a great addition for those morning sets.

this review was posted on May @ http://Sonic-energy.net
          elementoftime.net
musique à la carte in mp3 & wav.

Sonic-energy.net
Reviews, interviews, downloads, articles.
AbsolutZero(D.V.M.)
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  199
Posted : May 29, 2005 17:45
07. Protoculture - Oceanic
great track

very good compilation           [b]osobuko/b]
http://www.landmark-recordings.com/absolut_zero.html
http://www.myspace.com/absolutzero_or
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dj-AbsolutZero/147091981997578
squirm
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  254
Posted : May 29, 2005 18:22
oceanic... wat a beatiful track... cant help but smile and forget about everything else ... silver surfers track is also good. liked the eskimo track as well. for some reason i dont like the aphid moon and tristan tracks too much though.
kinjo

Started Topics :  3
Posted : May 31, 2005 03:22
I have to agree with u on OCEANIC
Magnificent track.           It is amazing what u can do when u dont have 2 look @ urself in the mirror anymore
Basilisk
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  168
Posted : Jun 1, 2005 20:03
Hmm... liked it at first, then grew a little indifferent. Annarchy's is the only one that really stands out as being distinct, and I don't like the sample usage in some parts of it. I will have to revisit this one, but for now - my impression is that this is too clean and sterile.
Gingo

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Jun 10, 2005 20:58
very nice compilation. Nano are back on track

favs
03. Hydrophonic - Above Is Below
06. The Commercial Hippies - One Step
07. Protoculture - Oceanic
08. Silver Surfers - Max E Flow
09. Annarchy - Through My Own Eyes

8.5/10
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Origins 2 V/A, Nano (May, 2005)

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance