Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Neelix - No Way to Leave (Sinn Tec RECORDS November 2005)

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Neelix - No Way to Leave (Sinn Tec RECORDS November 2005)

TrancEisT
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  127
Posted : Dec 7, 2005 14:51
Cover: http://217.160.138.169/pic_b/sin1cd006_b.jpg

Artist: Neelix
Title: No Way To Leave
Label: Sinn Tec RECORDS
Date: November 2005

Track List:

01- Side B
02- The Next
03- Think Of Me
04- No Way To Leave
05- Complication
06- Follow
07- Of Nine
08- Rien Ne Va Plus
09- The Second

"OyOyOy
VA-A-VOY."
(Myself riding my bike in the nature listening to this album)

German Neelix (A.K.A Henrik Twardzik) flies up high high high , reaches the atmosphere and dives down coming out from the sun to bomb us all with his great great great with his 2nd album.

Progressive and groovy, Smashing and Hard, Fullonish influences.
This is exactly where Full On meets Progressive - a crazy stomping mania of 75 minuets.

The whole album keeps the same concept of hard beats combined with groovy percussions and uplifting pads and effects.

I'd divide this album in 2.
Tracks 1-4 and tracks 5-9:

4 Hard beating tracks who obey the common formula and keeps you stomping knowing where you are, feeling welcome and safe, happy and somewhere calm, although the strong beats.
Track 4 - No Way to Leave (wonder why it's called this ) is the best in this group. But it is the 2nd group I plan to elaborate on.

From track 5 (absolute favorite on this album) and forward it's time to get crazy.

Track 5 is a masterpiece - starts *zooming* and swishing and suddenly you catch up a pace.... then some filtered kick.... some snare.... some effects... (Who was that passing by???) Keeps you holding... waiting... shaking your ass and body...

"IF YOU WANA DANCE! NOW IS THE TIME!" BOOOM!

Here we go... this track has it ALL.
It's groovy as hell, Psychedelic, Hypnotizing, and this is even before it starts the crazy vocal loops that cracks my head open and keeps me glued to the dance floor. At some point it hits you with a melodic cute uplifting break, only to fool you into its stompy trap! AHA!
Cute little melody hits you back turning into a hypnotizing minimal melody... holding you focused on this amazing track.
I must be over reacting here, but you know what? Just give it a try! Besides. No one said this review has to be objective
"AY HI HI HISH HISH - DANCING!.OHA!Tis, A NI , NICE, DACING, OHA?!"
Repeat it brotha! And if anyone figures out what exactly is being said here, please do tell.

Track six Keeps the formula going but with some added fuel and spice
C.O.N Sequencer / S.U.N Project Stylish.

Track 7, my second favorite track on this album just tells you one thing:
STOMP! USE YOUR LEGS AND START STOMPING!!
Kind of implies that on the second you hit the play button.
I want see anyone not dancing on SEC 00:41 when the bassline joins.
Another hypnotizing track (yes I do indeed have an issue with hypnotizing matters coming to trance, that's what it is all about no?)Pads, energetic small melodies and breaks, this track is a hit!

Track 9 - "Playing games........ Playing Games" Hello sunshine! Another great track on the more progressive side. Nothing too special here, it's just good!

track 10 - HOLY MOLY! Guess what's back? The crazy loops and groovyness , but this time percussion style and not vocal style.
Best percussion work I have heard in a long time. just listen to it! Fucking sounds like someone is drinking or filling up a bottle with liquid, or playing his teeth! Haha! But it sure sounds good whatever it is!

Bottom line -

This is so cool! Get it! NOW!
Have a great week guys.

Favorites -

4 -
5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
8 -
9!!!

Ron

P.S:

ALL albums with asian girls on the cover are so fucking good!

I like Trance, so i am called The TrancEisT. but hey... what about people who like Rap? what are they called?
NextWorld
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  12
Posted : Dec 7, 2005 15:44
Word!

This Album is a fucking great Killargh peace of Muzzik.

orange
Fat Data

Started Topics :  154
Posted : Dec 7, 2005 17:12
great musak from neelix i love it

track 5 is my favourite !!!!

great job tasty and groovy!

orange           http://www.landmark-recordings.com/
http://soundcloud.com/kymamusic
Glen.C (Iboga Rec)
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  52
Posted : Dec 9, 2005 04:25
listen to the cd for the first time tonight and found it to be ok... although too fast on the bpm, so have to slow the pitch down. Some interesting sounds and grooves there although there are also some pretty crap typical trance sounds that belong to the full on. I think after a few more listens I will find a few tracks that could come in handy at the right place and time.
          http://www.facebook.com/GlenC.IbogaRecords
http://www.myspace.com/gleniboga
www.iboga-records.dk
Spikers & Midinoize - Lisbon Hooker (Glen C rmx) coming soon on Earhead Audio
Optical Vision

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Dec 9, 2005 09:29
great music from neelix ..this is great album!!
track-06 Follow woooowww!!!
insert me to cartoon movie...excellent bassline wonderful groov...love it!!!! keep going
Basilisk
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  168
Posted : Dec 14, 2005 23:20
I wouldn't recommend this at all. I might get around to a more extensive review but with something like there, where so many tracks are ruined with bad singing or samples, I tend to not get around to them. I bought it for a few good ones, and maybe they're in there, but I haven't found them yet. Oh well.

Like someone said, if you like the idea of this go out and grab the last Magnetrixx album... it's much higher in quality and avoids all the trappings of this "German festival prog" as I've heard it referred to.
Acidhive
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  76
Posted : Dec 15, 2005 00:04
Quote:

On 2005-12-14 23:20, basilisk wrote:
I wouldn't recommend this at all. I might get around to a more extensive review but with something like there, where so many tracks are ruined with bad singing or samples, I tend to not get around to them. I bought it for a few good ones, and maybe they're in there, but I haven't found them yet. Oh well.

Like someone said, if you like the idea of this go out and grab the last Magnetrixx album... it's much higher in quality and avoids all the trappings of this "German festival prog" as I've heard it referred to.

Thanks, after repeated listening at saikosound samples I decided not to buy it myself for the very same reasons. Nice to see I'm not the only one thinking this is not so good. I ended up ordering the 'Time' album from Auricular, which was more to my liking and german as well.           "Subconscious unravels at the point of death, and all time it has known erupts into a moment. As death extinguishes us, so we become it."

[Esoteric: Subconscious Dissolution Into The Continuum]
Ron Lyner
Ron Lyner

Started Topics :  21
Posted : Dec 18, 2005 00:47
Quote:

I listened to some samples online but can't make up my mind quite yet if it's any good.

you want somone to tell you if its any good..
listen again and again untill you think you know if its good or not..           http://www.o-zen.com/art/ranal
-------------------------------------
You wanna dance?!...I know a tune...it´s called stick and CUT!!
V.L
traveller
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  234
Posted : Mar 11, 2006 01:26
Me likes this.. especially track 5           "The dinosaurs became extinct because they didn't have a space program."
- Larry Niven
conscious benji
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  11
Posted : Mar 11, 2006 13:40
I quiet like it but like said before to many vocal samples and some full on influenced sounds destroy a little bit what could be much better... it sure works on the dancefloor.
My favourite track are 3, 5 and 7.
odysseus
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  99
Posted : Mar 11, 2006 13:53
on of the best psy groove albums !!

give me darma, take your karma..
Adigroovy
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  24
Posted : Mar 13, 2006 13:09
for me too, one of the grooviest albums of the year.
"if you wanna dance now is the time" ***
Acidhive
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  76
Posted : Mar 30, 2006 14:23
Just got it and I must say it has grown on me. On initial listens I thought this wasn't really my thing, but after repeated listens to it at a friend's place I decided to buy it myself. After some more listens I can safely say it's an entertaining cd for sure. I now like all the tracks, so this is definately one of those albums that grows on you. Nice!           "Subconscious unravels at the point of death, and all time it has known erupts into a moment. As death extinguishes us, so we become it."

[Esoteric: Subconscious Dissolution Into The Continuum]
***Sideffect***
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  36
Posted : May 4, 2006 20:47
SINN TEC RECORDS

Neelix - No Way To Leave

[IMG]http://217.160.164.51/pic/sin1cd006.jpg[/IMG]

1. Side B
2. The next
3. Think on me
4. No way to leave
5. Complication
6. Follow
7. Of nine
8. Rien ne va plus
9. The second

reviewing track by track is imo not that necessary
well with some cd's it is, other releases it isn't
this one isn't

Neelix brings us here a perfect concept, the concept that I like, more and more are different genres coming together, most people will experience neelix as progressive but I see many fullon elements in it, this is very uplifting and continue walk in the woods bass line, the sounds are very atmosphere and well used, everything fits at the right place and comes when you want it to come, it feels like surfing on the psy bass lines, only the vocal samples are a bit disappointing, off course experiencing the new melodic progressive wave lately this release is not filled with dark pumping sounds but has got nice crystal clear psychedelic flying sounds coming from everywhere, this is perfect for home listening and super to for driving in the car, although it's minimal comparing all the morning fullon it keeps you busy second after second, not one minute you get bored, this is a release when you want to enjoy, not get excited but just flow, the vibe is humble but still positive and then again very serious, Neelix creates perfect the feeling that they know what they are doing and have 100% control of each sound they create, and that is what I like, a goa artist who knows what he's doing. the baselines are sometimes more progressive and change into fullon formula once & while, compare it with another artist I would say yotopia, the bass lines ticks very good like the good old Shiva chandra ticking what keeps it all motivating.

Progressive lovers who want some stronger progressive
Fullon lovers who want a change and slow down for a while but still needs that little power
This is the one

http://www.last.fm/user/LastFmKoen
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Neelix - No Way to Leave (Sinn Tec RECORDS November 2005)

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance