First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

NAMM 2014 RUMOURS

frisbeehead
IsraTrance Junior Member
Started Topics :  10
Posted : Feb 9, 2014 22:42
besides the modular stuff, and the Moog, nothing really surprising. trying the beat maker to, that's some hot plug right there...

Roland seems to be wasting yet another chance of jumping back on the analogue game. To bad for them, could have sold by the millions in the 90's with the rave scene, and could also capitalize nowadays, but decided to go with some new analogue modelling VA kind of stuff - that might just sound dope, not saying otherwise here (by all means).

I'd say: truly out of this world equipment is coming mainly from the euro rack world and software this days. Nord could really hit the spot with a Nord G3... Access Music could really take their morning coffee and show up in time, I mean, 10 years is a lot of time! Waldorf's filter, not even mentioned here, right? Their filters used to be the thing back in the day, edgy and sharp as fuck and the price seems reasonable, don't know about connections though...

woodster77
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  119
Posted : Feb 9, 2014 23:00
If nordand virus just made a bunch of codeable blocks , start a digital modular format, im a dreamer,

Access, where are you....been real quiet on the site for about a year and a half, hope they jump to analog,
          Â°Â°Â°ACTS 4:12°°°°
OzMike
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  148
Posted : Feb 10, 2014 01:47
Why would they go analog? That market is flooded with keyboard & modular already. They already own the digital/va market. I mean I am wanting a digital synth next & the only one I'd buy is a TI.

When you've achieved what they have there's no need to progress until the market becomes challenged. Basically there's no demand for something better right now so just enjoy the money!           Cuntus Maximus.
woodster77
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Feb 10, 2014 02:04
Ive had a ti and would probably go more towards the new prophet 12,

I was just joking bout thr modules, its just thry both have seemed to be in a lot of developement, nothing really new coming from thrm, access are owned by kemper

The kemper profilling amp is probably a similar code yo what yhey use in the ti range, so I dont think its coding thst there doing,

But still a good workhorse synth if you like the sound           Â°Â°Â°ACTS 4:12°°°°
woodster77
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Feb 10, 2014 02:08
http://www.davesmithinstruments.com/products/p12m/index.php

Nice fucking sound like           Â°Â°Â°ACTS 4:12°°°°
OzMike
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  148
Posted : Feb 10, 2014 08:18
Yeah Prophet 12 sounds amazing, but DSI have a bit of a reputation for not updating etc. so not sure. I do want to have at least one digital type synth so it'd either be the cheaper end with a Nordlead 2x or else the TI.

I'm thinking maybe the TI & I something to start programming Ableton with so am thinking of getting the Push as well.

I have often paid out on the TI as being a VST in a box but having spent the weekend with a friends one I was really impressed, I think it'll be fun and it'll be easy to make some of those real trancey lead sounds whilst using my moog to add some deeper trippy sounds on the side along with X0XB0X for acid.

I'm keen to see what Roland's range of new drum machines are priced at coz if it's digital, good sounding and well priced I"ll get 'em.           Cuntus Maximus.
Nectarios
Martian Arts

Started Topics :  187
Posted : Feb 10, 2014 10:22
Quote:

On 2014-02-10 02:08, woodster77 wrote:
http://www.davesmithinstruments.com/products/p12m/index.php

Nice fucking sound like

Yeah nice sound, there have been some other demos as well showing off its nice digital side and effect of analog filters.
It seems that although the rack lacks in knobs, the interface seems rather intuitive.

Still very expensive though.
I also had a Polar TI and the P12 looks like a more interesting synth for sure, although the Virus is a true workhorse and I use the C in every track I make. Oh well...in about 5 years the P12 rack price will drop enough I guess.

http://soundcloud.com/martianarts
woodster77
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Feb 10, 2014 11:05
Yep. Love the sound,

Plus the pure 4 operator f m ,           Â°Â°Â°ACTS 4:12°°°°
Trance Forum » » Forum  Equipment - NAMM 2014 RUMOURS
← Prev Page
4 5 6 7 8
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon