Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Naked Tourist - Mad Different Methods (Parvati Records 2006) CD
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Naked Tourist - Mad Different Methods (Parvati Records 2006) CD

Jeller
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  17
Posted : Feb 7, 2006 19:28
This album is just what dark has to be imo..

only maybe a bit variation of style in the songs would make it perfect.. i am gonna buy i anyway when heliopolis comes out
Greennun

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Feb 8, 2006 09:27
A real surprise for me, i was expecting the naked tourist mayhem but was really surprised with the intellegence of this album, killer production and tunes, the artwork too is very on.
I only did not like the rmx of the r.e.l track.All in all a must buy and must have for you psyheads.
Boom           "If Pac man had affected us as kids we'd be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music”.
metus

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Feb 9, 2006 15:14
good one           Awake!!!!!!!
LoveLikeRain

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Feb 13, 2006 20:48
One of the best in thewherld
Brain Hunters
Brain Hunters

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Feb 13, 2006 21:05
BOOM NAKED !!! NICE ALBUM

Original Sounds and Mental !!Parvati Crew !!!

Dance among The Spirits !!!

brainhunters@spectralrecords.com
brainhunters@hotmail.com
Syntax442
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  12
Posted : Feb 14, 2006 01:10
i think it's a little boooring...
i'm dissapointed
Noise Poison Records
Noise Poison Records

Started Topics :  28
Posted : Feb 14, 2006 10:56
hard to remember when u've been satisfied with anything ....           I just came out, cause it seems there was a noise outside ! .... added to Parvati Records rooster .. check webside !!!
http://www.parvati-records.com
http://www.noise-poison.com
http://www.myspace.com/dj_ilse
gaspard
Yab Yum

Started Topics :  50
Posted : Feb 14, 2006 14:53
well i liked this very much! its typical NT, twisted sounds, sense of humour and hecticness!
tracks that really did it for me were:
n 2: Prehistorical moments,
n3 : chopper,
n 7: backup paranoia.

i liked the rmx of lunatic asylum, but the original is suuuch a wicked track that it didnt quite do it for me.

all in all a healthy dose of naked tourist. recommended for those night time freaks who like to smile and go off on dancefloors!!
          Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Terry Pratchett
Syntax442
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Feb 14, 2006 16:57
Quote:

On 2006-02-14 10:56, ILSE wrote:
hard to remember when u've been satisfied with anything ....

Derango - Tumult
Ocelot - Vector Selector
Penta - Funraiser
Para Halu - The World of peace
Ghreg on earth - Sigilweaver
Kluster - Extended oversized system

VA - Run Motherfucker Run
VA - Predecessor
VA - Boldly Audio
VA - Trauma Trance
VA - Schlabbaduerst 007
etc
That's my favorite "dark" releases of 2005.
Any questions?
code a
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Feb 14, 2006 17:28
sounds lank shift inspired. nice scratchy sounds
code a
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Feb 14, 2006 17:30
nice choices syntax. mon petit definately the best closely followed by hex vex

still trying to get my hands on schlabberduerst. mission here
Rah
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  77
Posted : Feb 17, 2006 22:29
Artist: Naked Tourist
Album: Mad Different Methods
Label: Parvati Records
Web: http://www.parvati-records.com/
CAT: prvcd11
Sonic-Energy: http://www.sonic-energy.net/core/content/view/165/2/

Tracks:

01. Mad Different Methods [146 BPM's]
02. Prehysterical Moments [145]
03. Chopper [147]
04. Noname [146]
05. Hirnfräse [147]
06. Asylunatic [147]
07. Backup Paranoia [146]
08. Fair Child [147]

What's This about?

After much anticipation and a number of great teaser’s in varied compilations, the two Berlin freaks have released a full-length album to sink your teeth into a palpable concept of the Naked Tourists. Working together since 1999 Z-neo brings his production into play with a background in break-beat and psy trance. Mixing in the pot DJ Iguana (co-founder of Noise Poison Records with Highko) translates the work based on his experience of dance-floor madness, with a compelling and certainly explosive proposal. The output is a consistent collection of tracks pitching and building on fast paced rhythms, spilling innovative psychedelia by every pore in their hasty ride.

Per-song Break down

1. Mad Different Methods *

The album opens branding the goods much like In Megalopy’s debut last year. I’m not entirely fond of this, but I can appreciate the potential for live gigs. It beats those green lasers spelling your name, if you ask me. We take off with bouncy squeakers and metallic samples looping in the background. It eventually builds to a detuned line resonating like a harp from hell, filling out the theme nicely.

2. Double REL – Prehysterical Moments

This remix had been in the works well since last year, when Double REL announced in our interview the tourist’s had picked a tune to deconstruct. I’m not very familiarized with this track in particular but it can notice the absence of the Double REL bass lines, and lot more play and squeak on the upper ranges. I like it. From what I can tell the track structure on the bare bones is the same, but is clear there are a number of new goodies on top. And what the hell did they do to that crunched synth retreating and palpitating is beyond me, but helps closing the chapter with originality.

3. Chopper *

Like the name indicates this is about a helicopter. We take off with a really sweet toothed kid sample by the beginning, which is turning real trendy (take mental note). The sounds of the rotor engine gyrating translate firstly as a panning game in low gear much like a bass. As we gain altitude the line propels us right to the apex with a never ending pick up. It’s nice to see they really infused the sounds, making them an integral part of the work and not an expendable tail rotor. One of my personal favorites.

4. No Name *

This the enchanting story of a robot (with no name) that was on his way to… god knows where. Point being, he was on the path and suddenly every single nut and bolt of his metallic being started convulsing in strange ways, clearly not fitting of his design. Suffering from the Akira syndrome (Anime otaku reference), his extremities grew disproportionately at gigantic measures, as the metal planks that surrounded his skeleton clanked and scrapped against the floor, many times simply snapping from it’s socket in loud and hypnotizing ruckus. The horrendous sound of his hollow body inflating could be heard for miles. The growth reached a critical point before the poor bastard imploded in a loud squelching fart, taking with him all the air of his bulging self. The incident has been denominated as the worse case of robotic indigestion in recorded history.

5. Limbogott - Hirnfräse (Naked Tourist Remix) *

I have no idea whom Lobogott might be but this track makes me wish I would have run into that name earlier. On to the story, we can hear growling and vicious samples with Pantera-like screams and a sweet break that reminds a lot of prodigy. Over all a quasi Sepultura kind of mix with savage psy build making it make it work together. Top notch… wow.

6. Asylunatinc *

“Cranky lunatics… on drugs” describes the feel of this remix very aptly, originally showcased on Psychedelically Yours 3 last year. I never got around that one, so I’m not sure how the originally story went, but this is very dynamic –once again- fast paced throwing a decent builder. The whole thing should standout in a live situation, but when you listen to the whole thing sequentially, it seems the album is deluged of them pitchy builders that don’t really stray too far from each other. So for the good or the bad it’s best to adjust yourself to them.

7. Backup Paranoia

A long winded intro with spacey tunes and samples, loads into full gear after roughly a minute. The outer space elements and the voices remain while the kicks run this show. The paranoia inducing elements count primarily as the scratchy lead, progressing right into a full threaded catchy line jumping all over, inviting the listener to stomp around or else. The melodies and the energy invoke South African elements, which becomes more apparent in this chapter more than ever.

8. Fair Child & Secret track *

“All we have is each other… without that we have nothing” The lines keep rumbling with a delightful number of drumming action accompanying those kicks in a classic NT style that has become ever so evident in this release. Moving as fuck and intentionally riff-ridden to close the collection of mad different methods, that albeit could have offered a bit more diversity… that is until you fast forward to minute eleven.

Inside we are treated to material not fitting in the official content of this album, primarily because it’s a lot more playful, the grind core influences and electronic textures feel strangely retro 80’s funk, seeding a whole new style that could well be developing in their latter works. Don’t let it stagnate.

* Favourites

All and All

Notwithstanding the commitment of Mad Different Methods to dance floor ruthlessness; the classy touches in previous works like the remix of “Three Lines in a Row” (Hocus Peakus) and the hidden gem in this album… make it undeniable there is a fun aspect to their production building up to funky. It’s brooding underneath in their essence. Seeing this side develop in the future is something I will be monitoring closely. Presently the album delivers what was promised, a pack of thrillers to shake a leg on the dance floor, the bush, in your bedroom and possibly the shower. Not forgetting the intense brainwave workout that characterizes Parvati’s work. If you actually spin, it’s certain the material will be shaping your sets in the months to follow. In a few words I think its fuckentastic, nicely done Mr. Iguana-mon and Dr. Z.

Where to Get:

- http://www.saikosounds.com/english/display_release.asp?id=5474

- http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/zen/zen1cd005.html

- http://www.beatspace.com/dettagli/dettaglio.asp?id=2597

- http://www.wirikuta.at/web66/product_detail.jsp;jsessionid=BPLKDCAJAKNA?showDetail=109399

elementoftime.net
musique à la carte in mp3 & wav.

Sonic-energy.net
Reviews, interviews, downloads, articles.
Syntax442
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Feb 18, 2006 00:56
naked tourists was in my top 10 of favorite psy projects.. but this album dissapointed me...
Rah
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  77
Posted : Feb 18, 2006 01:47
just out of curiosity what didn't you like? the work they showed here is basically on the same train track as previous tracks scattered throughout in compilations. i ask because we seem to have smiliar taste based on the examples you were mentioning above
          elementoftime.net
musique à la carte in mp3 & wav.

Sonic-energy.net
Reviews, interviews, downloads, articles.
andonis
IsraTrance Junior Member
Started Topics :  28
Posted : Feb 19, 2006 01:19
Quote:

On 2006-02-18 00:56, Syntax442 wrote:
naked tourists was in my top 10 of favorite psy projects.. but this album dissapointed me...

I agree on this one. Me too expected more. When I listen to it some more I'll try and come back with more detail. Seems to be a bit weak.

P.S. I agree with a lot Syntax442 says, he seems to know his music.
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Naked Tourist - Mad Different Methods (Parvati Records 2006) CD
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance