Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Miami Gathering ;) 1.23.2004

pSyCH0acT|VE
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  28
Posted : Jan 22, 2004 04:21
hehe... Shimon Trance
alright , I don't agree with some posts saying GMS, Infected, and Astrix are concidered "Shimon Trance".
These artists contribution to the Psytrance/Goa scene is beyond words ... YES- There are other artists, and YES-Some of them are more prefered by me than others...
But going on and saying those artists are "Shimon Trance", and "Oh.. That's commercial trance - I dont listen to that.." Is not the attitude guys ...
Don't forget guys - If you like it or not - The so called "Shimon Trance" artists are the ones you grew-up on....
Sure - There are new artists out there, and there are always gonna be new artists... Progression guys - thats what it's all about .... BRRRr.... I'm TOTALLY going off topic here ..
Anyway.. See you all on the 23rd ..

Peace,
BooM!

-==-=-===-=-=--=--=-=-=-=-==--=--=-=-=-
http://www.myspace.com/sonicdistance
-=-=-==-=--==-=-=-=-=-=-=--==-=-=-=-=-=
Satlanny

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Jan 22, 2004 04:27
i must apologize for that remark...
you are right, we did all grow up on them. but just coming from israel, no one goes to see them anymore except arsim pretty much.
the contribution by them to the world of trance was imence and they are the pioneer's and do not deserve such a remark. i am sorry.
pSyCH0acT|VE
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Jan 22, 2004 06:15
It's cool man...
After all - "Over tase and smell - we can't argue.." hehe.. (That phrase sounds much better in hebrew)...

Just don't forget man .. Long Live Eyal Barkan & The Nitzhonot! LOL!

Peace!
pSyCH0acT|VE
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Jan 22, 2004 07:36
Now I want to see someone stand up and say he wouldn't go to this event coz it's "Shimon Trance"..
(Not at you Satlanny... )
http://forum.isratrance.com/viewtopic.php/topic/28532/forum/28

Comeone people .. admit it .. Astrix still wakes up that hidden groove within, Infected still twists your senses , and GMS are always gonna be there to give you a good kick in the balls! BooM!

Ayayaya

Demi
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  21
Posted : Jan 22, 2004 08:54
well, i dont listen/record standard, predictable fullon music for aprox.2 years already, BUT!!!! -
- used to ENJOY Infected Mushies A LOT, as well as psysex, skazi, etc! Those guys are amazingly PRO musicians!
- have been dancing my body and brains away on the party with Alien Project, Talamasca...
- do ALWAYS dance, when others play whatever fullon or nonfullon, psy or proggy
- would definitely visit the party in Mexico
(i did ask already here WHY the heck so few travell to Mexico!!!)

ps there is some music i pick up 4 playing at partys and chillout, all the rest is for enjoyment and DANCE while other djs play that at the party. thats simple.
          www.vertigo-records.com
***POOJA GROUP***
Satlanny

Posted : Jan 22, 2004 08:59
thats a hell of a line-up...way too mainstream for my taste except maybe eskimo. but deffenitly worth thinking about...
how much does it cost to fly to mexico anyway?
oh...and in this party on friday, what big names can i expect to hear?
Apocalypse Now
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  62
Posted : Jan 22, 2004 10:07
from Florida it will cost you between 300-400 dollars to get to Mexico city.

You should try and go for as long as you can since Mexico City is an amazing city and there is just so much to see that you will want to have as much time as possible to take it all in.

If Sub6 is Shimon music, then what can I say, where is my Gormet?           Both teams played hard
Satlanny

Posted : Jan 22, 2004 10:20
i didn't say they all are...
and i apologized for that too!
but that list had alot of people that for a guy educated in the israeli trance scene are considered completely off limits for a real trance lover today. i'd have to say though that the mayne reason that is, isn't for the style of music but for the "shimon" aspect. in israel you'd have a shit load of not very enviting people going to their parties and drives others away. i guess i'm just still stuck in israel and it's extreme critical mindset...it will take time and some party's outside of israel for me to rub off this conseption i guess.
i am sorry... i will be at the party on friday and hopefully i will recieve the vibes to retract me from that annoying mindset...
pSyCH0acT|VE
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Jan 22, 2004 10:31
Israel has SO many parties going on every week or two in many locations... It is really not a problem to find a "Non-Shimon" party.. BUT I still don't get this Shimon thing Honestly I think it's stupid.. but that's me... I mean.. ok- Shimonim in the party? No problem! Let them do their thing and you do your thing... The formula is as simple as that!
And the real "hush-hush" secret that no one wants you to know about... well here it is ... SMILE Nomatter what everything is gonna look better
Ook okok ..
BLA!           -==-=-===-=-=--=--=-=-=-=-==--=--=-=-=-
Satlanny

Posted : Jan 22, 2004 10:42
i agree with everything you said...
but in israel simon posford for instance doesn't play at a party. he play's on the beach at a club for instance.
i personally agree with you about the shimonim at the regular weekend parties. i even think that they moe than anyone are there do purely dance and don't care about what others think.
but alot of the names on that list are the kind of names that in israel you would see at some special event and only the "shimonim" go there. it's like one big gathering. i truly don't mind them at parties except for the fact that they alway's bother the DJ and tell him what to put on...
i've seen a few DJ's walk off on a set because those kind of people wouldn't leave him alone. it happend to a friend of mine who DJ's in israel. he was putting great stuff and everyone was dancing and he had a like 10 "shimonim" pulling his leg asking for him to put a sertin disc in...he asked them a few timesto leave him alone and then just put it on, packed his bag and walked away...
pSyCH0acT|VE
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Jan 22, 2004 10:54
hehe...
asking the dj to put cds? hehe like in highschool parties
Satlanny

Posted : Jan 22, 2004 11:46
exactly...
i couldn't believe it man...he's playing unreleased stuff. and they come and pull his leg...
hebrew: "sim raja ram sim raja ram. behiat ahi, sim raja ram. ha chadash"
my friend told them that if they want raja ram they can go to the nine beach in herzlia (he played there the day before) and left...
Demi
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  21
Posted : Jan 22, 2004 20:25
well, if u think this doesnt happen in other countries - u r mistaken, guys. things like this common for any place! u gotta be tough on this kind of behaviuor, otherwise its like that!
i have seen it so many times in Russia, Ukraine, India, and here in the USA.           www.vertigo-records.com
***POOJA GROUP***
Satlanny

Posted : Jan 23, 2004 01:25
psychoactive...
here is what my friend had to say about the party i told you about...

Quote:

On 2003-10-01 14:36, katam wrote:
well as a dj that played in the party .....saar and i started playing at 8:30 in the mourning after watching about 200 people leave because for some reason the dj that played before us decided it was europe and he played a minimal and uplifting set with top mixing but people in israel want to get electricuted in the mourning...if we were in goa the set he played would of been a hit but what happend here was that we were left with maybe 100 people to play to.....
what was also a big issue is that by the time we went on , 4 speakers were burnt so the volume was 60 percent of what it could be.
Dont get me wrong ...im not complaining, these things happen in parties but not in a 100nis party which the friends that drove saar and I to the party had to pay.
what made saar and i leave the set after one hour was two shimonim that kept buggin us to put a cd they were holding (raja ram) claiming that I quote: " You are making everybody leave, if u put raja ram track 11 you will see how everybody will dance"....well after ten minutes of that i decided im not going to mix while being harrased by the dumbest motherfucker known to man.......after that they moved on to saar which also took about tem minutes of that before we both decided this is not a party we want to remember.......but i really appreciate your compliments on our set....i have to say we werent even half through it......
boom shankar

pSyCH0acT|VE
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Jan 24, 2004 14:51
Alright ..
Just got back
First of all - Wanted to let you all know it was great to see all you people ... Nice little Psychedelic gathering you guys established here...
All in all had a good time Can't wait till we meet again !
Anyway.. blabla ..
Peace,
B00M!

PS- Stalany , you missed a very nice party man ... Pretty cool people - to bad you didnt get a chance to actually meet 'em ... well - that's what's Feb 13th is for!

Trance Forum » » Forum  North America - Miami Gathering ;) 1.23.2004
← Prev Page
1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance