Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Party Promotions - Mental Soup II - 2nd Psychedelic Feasting Gathering, June 1-4, 2007
← Prev Page
15 16 17 18 19 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Mental Soup II - 2nd Psychedelic Feasting Gathering, June 1-4, 2007

longhi
Haunted Castle

Started Topics :  16
Posted : Jun 6, 2007 16:48
aaaa just arrived from the party im very sad that we had to leave.....it was a greaat party with the nicest guys around the world..big respect to the organizers especially Alexej, Chris, Marina, Virgina who made this thing happen after so many problems..THEY MADE IT!! th location was beautiful, owners of the tourist house were very friendly, cows are crazy:D

everything was sooo good i dont want to be at home..........

pictures are coming soon!!!           http://hauntedcastle.tk http://soundcloud.com/hauntedcastle
NasCa
Psybetyarok

Started Topics :  20
Posted : Jun 6, 2007 21:40
thank u all for this nice festival! the place was awesom-o, the ppls was gr8!!

some pictures made by me r here:
http://www.i-sound.hu/psybetyarok/mentalsoup2.zip

get well kemic-al!

hope 2 see u all next year!
neoxine

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Jun 6, 2007 22:35
Thx for the party....absolutely amazing...best music i ever heard by faaaaar!!!!

Anyone with some videos to upload by any chance??

BOOM!!!!
fungusok
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  16
Posted : Jun 7, 2007 01:38
Party was killah, real underground (taking all the last minutes changes) but it did happen. with the food and drinks and dance floor tent ( thank you Lala!!!!) and good quality sound.
Craziest music, craziest people with wonderful spirit all happening at the most beautiful location in Italian alps.

We all had great time together

big thank you to all who came and enjoy with us despite all the difficulties that happen unexpectantly literally in last few hours before party should start.

Big respect for Chris and Marina and Italian crew Alexio, Giovanni and Virginia and other people who I unfortunately do not know names but they were with us and helped with transport and places to stay) who kept on going and pull the party through when all others had giving up. Amazing example of true spirit and believe in our music and scene.

More pictures from me and some movies are coming soon

TRIPLAG MUSIC ::
http://www.triplag.com/music/
D-A-R-K records::
Rockdenashi Productionz ::
D-A-R-K
D-A-R-K Records

Started Topics :  96
Posted : Jun 7, 2007 05:44
Thanks to everyone who came to the party in despite of all the problems that happened.

We are very thankful to everyone. For those who couldn't make it, we apologize for the inconvenience. We are really sorry, but with all that happened, the organizers had any other choice than to change the location.

Special thanks to the Italian folks that stepped up to help Marina and Chris cause we have to say that SOME of the organizers ditched on the party so that is also a reason why the *HINT* deco *HINT* was very limited.

(Thanks for leaving Marina and Chris alone, I won't be too rough, but let's say that we have saved written proofs of that same organizer saying he would make the party happening no matter what the issues would be. So 20 thumbs up for you, you know who you are. I hope you are very ashame, cause now we are eating the shit for you.)

Anyhow, much respect to all that went to the event, same for the artists that stayed to help Marina and Chris to make it happen anyway.

There are other people I'm not aware of in cause of the last minute changes, but to all of you, THANKS a million for showing some character and giving some help.

We sincerely hope this will never happen again, and now, we for sure know who to trust or not.

Towil, Longhi and NasCa, thanks for the pics so as for the small videos.

We really and truly appreciate all the good comments!

A complete report of the situation will be posted soon, in the meantime, keep those nice vibes.

Best wishes to everyone in their respective projects.

Boom bolenat           D-A-R-K Records
http://www.d-a-r-k.net
http://www.dark-records.com
Towil

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Jun 7, 2007 12:59
this was for shure...a real special event...

thx to all the nicest people i ever meet on a party!!

btw
i am looking for a track that played on sunday afternoon with the super mario sounds in it...maybe some one of you can help me with that

Malice in Wonderland
Malice in Wonderland

Started Topics :  14
Posted : Jun 7, 2007 12:59
@ Nasca, Longhi & FungusOK

SAME SAME HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!
was so cool to meet you guys up there in italy
and lets hope that there will be something like a mental soup 3 next year!!!! hope to feel this vibes again like at that weekend

thx to all for being there

cheers,
gargamel & m i w
          www.2to6.net

http://www.facebook.com/malice.in.wonderland.psy
amol

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Jun 7, 2007 17:46
Hello to all
I was at the Soup and it was insane......amazingly beautiful location and a great effort by the dark recs. team and everyone else involved....A big big thanks to all of them for coming through inspite of everything else....I think it was more than perfect and more than what we could ve asked for under the given circumstances.......
Big thumbs up to Chris and Virginia....I am sorry I dont remmeber names of other people involved but a huge thanks to all of them as well.....
It was truly a great experience and definitely one of the best parties....All artists showed killer display of madness....thank you too.....
A good friend(MIW) present there said...'' The soup was really boiling''...indeed it was...
Met a lot of beautiful people and shared some crazy vibes....a wonderful experience.....I am sorry for all those who could not make it.....
I am Indian and need visa to goto Italy.....somehow I managed to get past those cops...If you want it bad enough, you will get it...
Keep the faith

Love and peace to all

D-A-R-K
D-A-R-K Records

Posted : Jun 7, 2007 18:14
Hey amol!!!

Extremely happy to read you here and to know you made it even if you had to play it smart with the cops.

Very nice comments, especially with all the frustrations going on.

Nice spirit

@MiW, thank you guys!!!! Hope you are happy with the CDs too. There will be more for you as well.

Your welcome anytime in our label, looking forward to more release from you guys.

Please thank all your folks from Austria that came to the party.

@Towil, I wasn't there, but one track I know that has such sounds is from IDMercial, but I could be totally wrong. If you tell me who was playing at that time I could get infos from the respective person(s) and get to know which one it was exactly.

Boom all, and please show some respect even if you had a bad experience, behaviorism shows a lot in such circumstances.           D-A-R-K Records
Sectio Aurea
Sectio Aurea

Started Topics :  31
Posted : Jun 8, 2007 13:08
Ok! So after taking some rest its time for me to tell you the story…

Most of the things have been said to all those I spoke till now....what to say more...I am extremely sorry and my sincere apologies for all those who did not make it ..... maybe lost in Switzerland … maybe lost in Italy....We tried our level best to get everyone expected at the new place...but it seemed like it was not possible  .

We could have cancelled the soup...and save lots of money...but most of the mental freaks were already around and also most of the artists were here as u noticed….so we had to keep the soup happening and not care about the money!

I am very much thankful to my Italian friends (u know who u r!!!!), they helped us till last drop of soup!!! without them the party would have not been possible! BIG RESPECT TO U ALL!!!
So after the bad weather that took its toll at the beginning of the week (rain, thunderstorm n snowww!!!!) we could have cancelled the party but I did not loose hope and also did not want to let anyone down , so I waited for the sun to shine and the sun came on Wednesday so we moved all the stuff 3 times…from Fusio, to Gola di Lago and then back to Fusio, then the police came over on Thursday night and said no more permission coz they were worried about security!
Everything was ready for the best time ever : big stage, fantastic things for the dance floor, Tibetan tents for artists n workers, lot s of decorations, huge sound system, mobile toilets, bar, restaurant, security team and many other things.

My most important intention was to make this party happen, especially after almost 1 year of preparation, and I am glad that We could give you at least the music ..

The most important thing you were waiting for!

It has been hard time for everybody but we had 1 of the greatest experience in our life, this what most of the people said, so many nice people were there, from all over the world, with wonderful energies, that s why the party has been possible anyway with all the shit that was happening!!!

At the end we had to move the party venue to Italy near the border to Swiss and we had great small party anyways!

With this kind situation we could not manage the entry fees and now I have to face many expenses that happened to make it possible, hence I would like to sincerely request to all those people who made it for the party, who think they had a great time and would like to have such positive experiences in the future, if they could make some donation to keep the soup alive next time!
Here’s my paypal account streptococcomutans@yahoo.com

I hope everybody can understand this bad situation!

I would sincerely like to thank all the artists first coz they were here for free and paid the travel in advance (hope to pay you back at least travel cost) and they had to manage their stay up in the mountains with our minimum possible attention towards them, also thanks to Lala, Karo(French guys) and Virginia they made some food, chai to fight your hunger! I would also like to thank the people from the restaurant near the venue for keeping it open to help the people at the party , giving food and drinks at any time!

Lastly I would like to apologize to artists like Savina, Dark Summer, and Somarobotics, who made it all the way from their homeland and could not play at the party.
Full power & apologies to Baba Kemic-Al, he was at the party but he could not perform coz he broke his leg !!!
Keep going baba!! Get well sooon!!!!!
Sorry to all those who missed the soup and Inconvenience regretted from the bottom of our hearts.
Really hope to re find power to give you a Mental Soup 3 next year in a better way!!!
God and good spirit be with you all!!!
With respect n love,
Chris.

http://sectioaurea.bandcamp.com/
http://soundcloud.com/sectio-aurea
http://www.sectioaurea.org
Hg
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  73
Posted : Jun 10, 2007 01:58
I hope all is well with everyone. If not, hope all gets well soon. Please, use private messages when necessary and let's keep this topic open for polite discussions.           cna't find it
D-A-R-K
D-A-R-K Records

Posted : Jun 11, 2007 01:19
Thank you IT!

So after getting feedback from everyone we had the chance to talk with thru msn or email, here is our understanding and explanations about the situation.

I will first of all start by apologizing to anyone that had inconvenience in regards to getting to the event or finding a place to stay, something to eat or whatever problem you may have faced.

No one is happy about the way it turned out and we are very sorry about it.

All the planning until Wednesday prior to the event was perfect. The organizers had a very nice location, with a valid permit to operate the event for the complete 4 days and 3 nights. There was all the equipment required, including food, tents...

On Wednesday prior to the event, about 30cm (1') of snow covered the entire place where the event was settled to happen. I repeat that the permit was valid and the authorities were letting the organization do the festival.

With all that snow it was too dangerous to do the festival there, so the organizers moved everything to another place near Fusio, the first location.

The first place being more convenient and bigger to receive people with a combination of the nice weather coming back and melted snow, they brought everything back to Fusio to avoid any trouble for visitors to locate the event and get there with no problem.

Once all was back into place the police arrived and asked to cancel the event giving for reason that the land could be too slippery and consequently too dangerous to receive this much people, thus avoiding injuries, legal pursuits and other non serious matters.

At that time, a part of the organizers left leaving Chris and Marina alone. Pretty much all the artists were arrived either in Italy or Swiss, so something had to happen in any case to avoid more disastrous issues.

Some friends from Chris and Marina then stepped up and showed character and gave them a hand to relocate and install at least decent sound and setup for the artists to deliver music even though some had been in miserable conditions since all the last minute and unpredictable changes they had to face.

Chris could obviously not be everywhere and do everything alone at that time. We are extremely sorry about the way some of you had to live with this situation. There is no excuse and I won't look for any excuse. I am just stating facts here and let's be clear about it.

We believe we talked to every artist involved during the last days and we trust all to be in order. Any personal attacks will not be tolerated as it has been the case on other forums. You have the right to be angry and sad about all that happened, but please respect each other and really, in despite of all that happened to anyone of you, YES Chris and Marina did all they could.

We should be very thankful to them cause they still managed to put up a party for which the ones who made it there had lots of fun and good vibes were flowing.

We admit it is not what you were expecting, D-A-R-K Records is hereby apologizing on the behalf of the organization, Chris, Marina, and all who helped in providing something in the end.

We helped promoting the event, presale, referred artists and during the crisis Pritam and I have been online as much as possible. I slept a big total of 5hrs during the whole weekend, staying up to answer the tons of emails we got and also posting about infoline. That is from Friday morning to Sunday night.

An email has also been sent as soon as I got aware of the situation and about the new location. This email has been sent to all that had presale tickets and also to all the artists that we had the emails for, also putting a note to forward the information to anyone of those receivers that maybe also knew friends that should be aware of the new location and happenings. Obviously, some could not read it being on the road with no internet access, but sorry, I don't have everyone's phone number, nor cell phone numbers and I'm not a prophet either.

We believe we did all we could in the circumstances and once again we are very sorry about the situation. We certainly hope this will never happen again, and furthermore to any other organization. So many troubles in such small time gap is just too much for any human being to handle better than what has been done in reaction to all the problems occurred.

We hope you will be mature enough to understand all of this and that you will accept our most sincere apologies and salutations.

Now please let's move on and look for better days and sunshine again!!!!!!!

Best regards!

D-A-R-K Records

D-A-R-K Records
palex
Palex

Started Topics :  21
Posted : Jun 11, 2007 07:38

Now please let's move on and look for better days and sunshine again!!!!!!!

agree

keep music evil!!
@pne@

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Jun 11, 2007 14:31
still dt understand why u didnt let the OTHER point of view... i'm not for anybody, but seems kind of UnfaiR? heard other version in greecfe

anyway, best of luck for the next...

A.
          @pne@ Double Trouble
www.kgbeach.tk
americapsy

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Jun 11, 2007 16:55
Hello , blabla replys, one more time...

6362MetaForce write in forum triplag :

@ Chris:: you now want donations, after this terrible mess you made??!!! This is too much to bear.

I'm sorry I shall not echo all of the sweet sentiments expressed here - but as an organiser myself, I'm utterly horrified by the way this party was handled.

I will not outline my litany of complaints about the organisation of this "festival" - I do believe they would stun even the strongest among us, and you all don't need to know the details of what went on in Switzerland/Italy last week ...

But CHRIS:: leaving Savina stranded in Italy; leaving us waiting for you in Lugano, and Marina telling us FIRST that she has no idea where you've gone, and THEN never picking up our phone again because apparently she was too afraid to face this mess...... That was totally inexcusable. We drove for 3 hours to reach you - at the point YOU TOLD US TO COME TO - AT THE EXACT TIME WE ARRANGED - only to be told by Marina that you're long gone to Italy!!!

You complain about how people treated your house, how difficult everything was, etc... but my dear :: this is what organising a party is about!! and no one should have to KNOW what troubles you went to.

WE ARE SUPPOSED TO PARTY; YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO ORGANISE.

And:: where was D-A-R-K Records? Why no representation from that label other than loving "" thanxx "" messages from ganika, continents away? No label representation at a label party??!!!!! This is unbelievable to me. I never thought to ask Yves, Ganika, Pritam if they were coming; it was my assumption that they would be at their own party, taking care of their own artists!!! Silly me.

I'm 35 years old and I've been to a hell of a lot of parties, but this one takes the cake. Thank you for a new definition of what is REALLY "DARK." I joke about this all the time - how can people call us dark??!! - but thank you for a new idea of WHY they do...... We allow people to screw us all over, and then we thank them for it on internet forums. That is pretty bloody DARK indeed.

Of course, I realise I'm the fool here. I took someone's word that Chris is a good guy, and I should buy Vish's and my air tickets to come to the party from NYC ($700 each) on faith that you mean well and have good intentions. I take full credit for my own foolishness.

But I will never say that this must have been some GREAT, UNDERGROUND party after you had promised a FESTIVAL - and to this day, never really seem to realise how you failed us! Do you really think we'd all fly to Europe for a great underground 200-person party??!! I love great, underground parties e -- but as an organiser, I would never dare promise a festival, then complain about how i'm treated by artists, and then ask FOR DONATIONS FOR NEXT YEAR!!!

In fact, you know ::: I would like some donations. Vish and I spent $2500 last week, STUCK in Switzerland because we couldn't leave! Flights were full and as you well know, Switzerland is fucking expensive.

UGHHHHH. As you can clearly see, I'm unbelievably disgusted by this experience - but i'm more disgusted by this outpouring of support for totally incompetent organisers, so that they can now go on to make a MENTAL SOUP 3???!! and treat our artists with disrespect, AND beg us for $$$$?!!!

I very rarely speak publicly against really bad things that I see all the time in trance - or, I should say, I always try to avoid speaking about people personally..... Again, as an organiser myself - i really do understand how hard it is to organise a multi-day party. And I've been asked even by artists in our own collective (6362MetaForce) not to speak out. But, I'm sorry, this is WRONG and I will speak out.

If I had received one genuine APOLOGY from ANY of these organisers, by phone or by email - I would not be speaking out here. Many chances were there for genuine expression of regret over what has happened - but none of these organisers has done so. Instead, we have been asked repeatedly - thru email, on the phone, and now as part of the group reading this thread, to "please understand" how hard this has been for them.......Is this a joke??!

And then :: seeing how many people are writing in SUPPORT of this party is absolutely stunning to me. I do not believe it serves anyone's purpose - artists, stompers, or labels - to pretend everything was great and everyone was fantastic, and everyone's heart was in the right place. We who were there, know that is complete nonsense.

Mental Soup2 :: you've given me a new LOW to compare all parties by. I suppose this is quite enough for now -- but OOOooooooffff!!!!! Reading this thread the morning after finally arriving back from Switzerland has really spun me around.

To all of those who enjoyed your little gathering in Italy, I'm very happy for you. But please, keep your perspective on this experience clear. Citing "PLUR" and how we must all support each other is not going to help our scene. Our artists and stompers are worth much more than this. Having more incompetent organisers in this scene WILL ONLY DESTROY IT, NOT SUPPORT IT.

One good outcome of this party is that, speaking on behalf of 6362MetaForce and our artists (( and I believe that now I can speak even for the ones who would rather that I would shut up here!) ::: this only makes us stronger and more committed to our mission.

BOM.
Trance Forum » » Forum  Party Promotions - Mental Soup II - 2nd Psychedelic Feasting Gathering, June 1-4, 2007
← Prev Page
15 16 17 18 19 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Indoor - Indoor Party Outdoor - Outdoor Party Free Parking - Free Parking Free Water - Free Water Chill Area - ChillOut Area
Free Drink - Free Drink Free Entrance - Free Entrance VJ - VJ Deco - Deco

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance