Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Mechanix - illegal Dance [Doof Records - 2003]

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Mechanix - illegal Dance [Doof Records - 2003]

Munchie
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  109
Posted : Oct 23, 2003 03:25
-=Mechanix – Illegal Dance [Doof Records] 2003=-

01 The Final Spirit
02 Digital Force
03 Opa Popa
04 Hit & Run
05 Illegal Dance
06 Remember
07 Rocket Pocket
08 Dark Energy
09 P.O.S 51
10 Loopy Connection

Warning: Get ready for Dancelfoor Mayhem!
Eldad Ben Ezry AKA Mechanix has released his debut album on none other than Doof Records. This one will appeal to both quirky night lovers, and power-driven technoids as one.

Opening the CD is “The final Spirit”. It’s a fast track with a murderous bassline, Combining massive metallic synths & FX. Oh, and great work on the rhythm section!

Following is “Digital Force”, a groovy piece, with a bouncy feel, witch manages to stay dark and twisted. A real ass-shaker this one!

Now the next track, “Opa Popa”, is much closer to Doof’s style. Lot’s of squeaky FX work, a pounding bassline & a touch of forest madness… Definitely one of the highlights!

“Hit & Run”, the forth track on the album, is just Massive! Pumpin’ and twistin’, this one will make the dust rise! All the doofish elements are present in this piece, making it a real floor-burner.

Next in line is the title track, “Illegal Dance”, one of the weaker tunes on this otherwise rockin’ release. The groove is there, but it’s not as interesting as the previous tracks. However the last two minutes really got me twitching for a smoke… hehe

Now this one, ladies and gents’, is pure stomping psychedelic techno trance. That’s the fitting description I believe. “Remember” creeps up on you & unleashes full nighttime power, with great emphasis on those quirky synth-lines and evil pads. My Favorite track so far!

Track 7, “Rocket Pocket” is intense, yet slightly overloaded. Packed with tons of wicked synths, and screaming sounds, I can’t help feel that this one is abit cheesy. Nonetheless, it will do wonders on the dance floor. Not my cup of chai…

Up next is “Dark Energy”. A vicious track, with driving beats & evil ideas. This tune is filled with malicious intent! I can honestly say, that this is without doubt one of the best nighttime crackers of the year… Best track on the Album!

POS 51 is another relentless piece of psychedelia, with a steady floor-oriented beat. Psychedelic sounds go whizzing all over the place, and blend perfectly with this track’s dark and swamp-ish attitude. Nice one…

We wrap things up with the strong, well-layered stomper – Loopy Connection. A typical Mechanix sounding track, which is sure to drive you off the edge.

So, my final thoughts & closing arguments: This album is one hyperactive journey through darkness. At first I had some doubts, since I started out doin’ some home listening. But after hearing Mechanix set at Doof’s last party, in which he played most tracks from the album, all doubts were gone – this piece of plastic is a MUST for anyone looking to play some evil tunes on a set of turbo’s. Bring out the shovels, cause it’s time to do some diggin’!           MiniMAL cabron...
Candy
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  184
Posted : Oct 23, 2003 08:02
Same here Munchie!!!
I also had doubts about this album, but when I heard him play at the Doof party, he was so fucken excellent!!! Very good piece of work. As always, Doof bring us a dark masterpiece.
May we have more of this kind.           Majority is never right!

"Without music, life is meaningless."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
mechanix
mechanix

Started Topics :  7
Posted : Oct 26, 2003 19:33
hey Munchie&Ravergirl:)
thanx on the compliments!
im glad to read that you like my album and my set in doof party!
love&light:)
------------------------
www.mechanixx.net
Astral

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Oct 26, 2003 21:04
Yeah;))
Real release:)
It's very good music for party.
Russian ppl's very like this music:))

Eldad play this music in moscow on party's, it bomb for the dancefloor !!!

buy this cd & listen:)))           --------------------------------------------
Life is Movement...
MooMachine(MOICH)
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  25
Posted : Oct 27, 2003 13:08
wow!!!...so so so killer album by mechenix....great full on-dark style
my favorites are:
hit and run....the final spirit....digital force...
really killahhh....
c ya...

Dont Walk On The Grass....Smoke It!!!
Mike A
Subra

Started Topics :  185
Posted : Oct 27, 2003 18:47
Munchie, got your faith in trance back?
Munchie
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  109
Posted : Oct 27, 2003 19:47
Mike> good memory mate
          MiniMAL cabron...
katya

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Oct 30, 2003 20:57
I like this album, very good cd.
Its not full on and its very good, cause almost everybody now make full on, very good album
nice cover,design.
my favorites are: Final spirit, hit&run, P.O.S. 51 and for sure Loopy connection its very beautiful track!!!

good luck kapara:)
Time lock (BNE)
pps project / time lock

Started Topics :  8
Posted : Nov 1, 2003 22:45
i think that opa popa is the dancflore smasher my friends!

thnx

felo
ttm

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Nov 3, 2003 11:46
verry pressing album from mechanix,
my favs. 1,9,10!!
StimuluS

Started Topics :  8
Posted : Nov 5, 2003 03:18
Alboum from Mechanix is fery great and professional!!! He was play his tracks in Russia on much dancefloors...and this was very great for russian ppl...His alboum has interese baseline press hard and pick up with a blend of full power psychedelic trance and techno touches...

This is first great alboum but i know he make second for us...

Boom Shankar Eldad
Big respect!!!
mechanix
mechanix

Started Topics :  7
Posted : Nov 9, 2003 12:27
hey boys and girls:)
thanx on the compliments!
im happy to see a good reaction on my album!
i want to thanx to ido ophir on the master, he did a very good work!
cheers.
kagdila
Kagdila Records

Started Topics :  64
Posted : Nov 10, 2003 21:35
eldad very good album,very dancefloor,very positive album and very diffrent from all other style.it is a promising album

you do have my respect and good luck.

your "rabbi pztazot"

Ananda
Audiobrains

Started Topics :  62
Posted : Nov 13, 2003 13:11
Eldad..... Eldad
Have fun my dear friend ... I miss u
Big hugs to Katya
BOMO NOVUS

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Nov 13, 2003 21:46
[quote]
On 2003-11-01 22:45, time lock wrote:
i think that opa popa is the dancflore smasher my friends

yes man the best track on that kileer album
mechanix you rock my world
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Mechanix - illegal Dance [Doof Records - 2003]

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance