Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Materia Records: VA- Robosapiens (October 2006) MATCD03

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Materia Records: VA- Robosapiens (October 2006) MATCD03

rajatrao5
Inactive User
Started Topics :  17
Posted : Oct 23, 2006 17:41
VA- Robosapiens MATCD03

1. Biogenesis- Mental Flip
2. Painkiller- Frequency
3. Madnetic- Freak on Acid
4. Connected Minds- A Big Case
5. Sirius Isness vs. Inner Action- Microwave Emitter
6. Kali- Vision Thing
7. Hypnoxock- Rare Planet
8. Mekkanikka- Electro Magnetic Pulse
9. Kali- Analog Fantasy
10. Puzzle- Another Show

This is the third release under Materia's belt; a label promoting full on trance sticking to its theme of futuristic and high technology sounds, this release is definitely a cut above the previous two. Compiled by DJ Noz and DJ Anahata- one of the veterans of the psy scene in Spain one can almost expect a certain quality level with this label after giving the previous two releases a hear. Materia Records aims at promoting both established and upcoming talent in the global trance scene with specific accentuation given to Spanish artists which has lead to the so called "Materia style". This style is characterized by tight grooves, trippy bass lines and completely out of control leads and melodies. The CD is mastered by Roy Engel (Painkiller) @ the Ultrasound Studios and the artwork is done by DJ Starspine.

To start the story of Biogenesis delivers Mental Flip. A 147 BPM dance floor oriented track. It begins with a rolling bass line and is peppered with samples throughout. The track is pretty tightly produced and contains subtle melodies throughout its flow. The track has several compressed buildups leading to powerful breaks. The track is rather scratchy in nature unlike the usual Biogenesis smooth style, it somewhat reminds me of the old CPU sound. This is the sort of track that one can get the crowd to warm up with- nothing too dramatic yet just the right content to get the dance floor shaking. 7/10

Next on the star studded line up is a man who needs no introduction. Roy Engel aka Painkiller gives us another 147 BPM dance floor monster- Frequency. A repetitive sample of ¡§time and space¡¨ is used in the track¡¦s introduction. This track has the typical painkiller bass line and leads which is a great thing. This track is multi layered madness with acid ridden lines that are bound to get the crowd begging for more! One of Painkiller¡¦s amazing aspects is the unpredictability of his build ups in terms of length which is audible in this track. Overall a good, well produced track perfect for a party. 8/10

This is Madnetic¡¦s second release, one of Materia¡¦s new recruits. As always Materia promises some of the best full-on and Madnetic certainly lives up to it. In my opinion Freak on Acid is a great starting track. The bass line is nothing new. However the track contains some great irregular breaks- providing listeners with a new sound. The leads in this track towards the middle have a Goa feel to it which is a great thing. This 144 BPM gem gives the dance floor just the right period of respite in the middle with stretchy no bass leads and samples only to lead to a complete frenzy towards the lag end with a complex melody and very interesting playful bass lines. Definitely an artist to watch out for, I am really looking forward to hearing more from Madnetic. 8/10

Connected Minds give you A Big Case. A classy collaboration between Madnetic and DJ Sens, I am truly amazed by these guys. They define fresh unheard sounds. The track starts with what sounds like a classical guitar followed by trippy voice samples. The use of samples in this track is simply amazing. These guys display what could be the future of ¡§full-on sound.¡¨ The leads and sound effects around 2 minutes are nothing less than infectious- distinctly reminds me of Absolum leads. Madnetic¡¦s influence is definitely felt in this track. This track is at a standard 145 BPM but is definitely a great tool for times of peak energy levels on the trance floor. It seems pretty obvious that these guys have been influenced by Painkiller and Inneraction as the bass lines at the lag end of the track say it all. Guitar riffs are heard here and there and this is a feature I have noticed in several upcoming Spanish artists- if one follows Kali¡¦s releases in the future, the same sound can be heard. A very impressive track overall. 9/10

This is the true star alliance of this CD. Veteran producers Sirius Isness and Inner Action donate a track which is in my opinion the hit of this CD. The track hasn¡¦t much of an introduction and begins with a standard flat bass line until the sample ¡§I¡¦m ready to begin¡¨ pops up. From here onwards these guys just raised the bar in my books. Possibly the grooviest and most infectious bass line of this year! It¡¦s the kind of track you could listen to repeatedly without getting tired of it. Hehehe sounds like a great track for the car too! Sirius Isness¡¦ influence is definitely felt in the sound of the leads- their new style is really something else and their upcoming album is something to watch out for. A blissful melody appears around 2:50 leaving the listener in oblivion and soon enough the sweeping bass takes over. The track just gets more and more aggressive from here on; one can imagine how crazy a dance floor would go to this one! The leads get somewhat spooky and alien like¡K And as the sample suggests, ¡¥this is where the party gets started!¡¦ The atmospheres lead to destructive meltdown that would certainly cause some heavy duty damage! One of my favorites of this year, and the best bass line in my opinion, I give the track a full 10/10!!! ƒº

Next comes Vision Thing by Kali- a producer who is yet to release a mediocre track. The majority of Kali¡¦s releases have been on Materia Records and who can ever forget the hit ¡¥Dream¡¦ which released on VA- Goodfellas. This track defines Materia¡¦s trademark style with regard to groove and futuristic sounds. The track contains amazing atmospheres- definitely a super choice for the outdoors. This is the kind of track any DJ would want to play at the break of daylight. The track has a great deal of emotion running through it with the melodic leads. The way the bass line is played around with is pretty amazing making it as groovy as it gets! The production of this track is fantastic, each sound blends in perfectly and this is amazing when you see how multilayered this track really is. I would say this is a great closing track for a twilight set, and is definitely one of the highlights of this CD. 10/10

Hypnoxock is a completely new producer to me. This 147 BPM track sounded a lot slower than it actually is to me. To be frank this track in my opinion isn¡¦t anything wow as it does not stand out. The leads at the beginning are rather cheesy and monotonous. Production quality could have also been a lot better when compared to the rest of the tracks on this CD. This one is rather a disappointer for me. I¡¦m hoping future Hypnoxock releases are superior to this one. 3/10

To make up for the previous track comes Mekkanikka with Electro Magnetic Pulse. Another artist who very rarely has mediocre releases, one expects a very high level of music from this man. This track is crafted for the dance floor. It has a more morning feel to it, with a nice uplifting bass line and some great use of new effects and sounds. It is in parts such as 2:15 which get the crowd really riled up. The suspense of a break always gets one excited. This is a great track for the late sun with a liquid melody and great coordination between the melody and bass line. Mekkanikka seems to have taken a different approach for this track and a new concept considering it¡¦s a lot more emotionally loaded than his other tracks. A very fucking cool track and a great DJ tool. This track deserves an 8/10.

Then comes Kali- Analog Fantasy. This is high energy turbo trance, a track bound to be a hit on dance floors all around the world. The track starts with spaced out atmospheres and a tight, groovy bass line. This track defines night full-on, with deep atmospheres and glitters of light every now and then. This one gives the crowd absolutely no respite. It¡¦s a ¡§shut up and dance¡¨ sort of track. At 4:24 the track begins to take off with a build up with a sample saying ¡¥everyday¡¦. This build up leads to a crazy break that left my mates and me begging for more as our hands and legs moved involuntarily to this wicked tune! The use of samples are perfect in this track, they are kept simple and used at the right times only. Kali¡¦s album will definitely be something to look out for on Materia, definitely amongst the top Spanish producers. Being one of my favorites on the CD I give it a 10/10

Last but not least on the CD is Puzzle with Another Show playing at 142 BPM. The track is different from the rest of the tracks as it has a funkier and more morning approach to it. It¡¦s the perfect track to bring down the tempo of a party before throwing it back up at full throttle. The track is simple yet effective as each sound takes its own time to show itself. The track¡¦s production quality is fantastic, each sound is crystal clear. The track has a pretty much standard full on bass line and the melodic leads do somewhat remind me of Black and White¡¦s style. The track does have some high suspense and anticipation moments especially during the build ups, as one may expect gargantuan breaks. This however never occurs as the breaks after build ups are pretty sober and may disappoint some users. However, like every other track, ones perception of this track is based on what he expects from it. I¡¦d say this is a great neutral track. Puzzle is definitely one of the hottest artists on the global circuit whose album will be releasing on Materia in Jan 2007.

Overall I personally felt this was a great CD which just raised the bar for the full on genre. Anahata as always hasn¡¦t gone wrong with his selections this time and it looks like Materia releases can only get better and better. This is a must buy. Cheers!!
Meta-Morphosis
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  216
Posted : Oct 24, 2006 02:13
Hey

Wow a Great V/a, i was told this is not a very good CD but then after looking at the names involved here i said to myself they cant be bad...so here we go !!!

Painkiller has fucking launched my head to melodious paranoia...crazy leads,kick drums awesome energy in the track wonderfull work done here.

Madnetic has a good track but the repeated vocals has turned off it for me although a decent melody.

KALIIIIII waaaaa...his tracks have always taken me into a myserious world of darkness and light very intriguing sounds i must say and he has done it again over, both the tracks are charged full to create that paranoia on the dance floor a awesome producer no wonder ciro has always had him and no wonder we all love him.

Full power job done by sirius issnes and inner action....a nice melody what was missing was some of inner action's madness i feel.

Good production by mekkanika and puzzle a low bpms stonker's but really fresh sounds.
Beautiful one Materia it has been a long wait and this is going to rule the morning floors across the globe.

Another TALE FROM THE SUN.

“What we need is the development of the Inner Spiritual man, the unique individual, whose treasure is hidden in the symbols of our mythological tradition and in man’s unconscious psych.” - CJ Jung
gandharva
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  22
Posted : Oct 24, 2006 03:02
no surprises follow the quality of the previous releases of materia a label that is growing in quality presenting new and coherent projects one of the bests in the boring releases this year.           dont worry be hippie
Cosmix
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  25
Posted : Oct 25, 2006 01:00
Wonderfull review rajatrao5,very nice words.
Great selection by Anahata and Noz,the best of the tree v/a from Matéria,in my opinion!!Matéria sytle is growing
          COSMIX Materia Records || Phonética || Blissful
www.materiarecords.com
www.myspace.com/cosmixdj

Coming soon
V.A. "Professional"Compiled by Dj Anahata
KALI "Survival" Debut Alb
Black Cat
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  16
Posted : Oct 25, 2006 16:52
Great review rajatrao5!!!
Great va aswell!!!
Best wishes for the release to Materia Records!

Bom Bom           http://www.myspace.com/discovalleyrecordsgoa
DVRcd001Nocturne*DVRcd002AcidMutants
DVRcd003PsychoCell*DVRcd004HastaLasPastillas*DVRcd005Dark Side of GOA
DVRcd006CHApoRAS Tribal Dance*DVRcd007 1001 Nights*DVRcd008 Triton OUT!
Adigroovy
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  24
Posted : Oct 26, 2006 21:25
yeahh, very good work you did here Materia rec, my fav's are 2,4,5,6,9. Keep it the good wk guys and all the best           to use your head you have to go out of your mind
Materia Records
Materia Records

Started Topics :  32
Posted : Oct 30, 2006 18:25
A great and True Review,
Thank You Mister Rajat,
You write well
Best Regards
nektar

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Oct 31, 2006 16:14
wow!!! It is fantastic full on experience. It keeps to you in a beautiful dance and energy way, incredible!!!

Biogenesis, Madnetic and Kali are my favourite artists on this work for his super tracks!!!
psykadu
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  74
Posted : Nov 1, 2006 22:37
great compilation as always materia.

looking forward for puzzle album.
PSYSREK
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  22
Posted : Nov 9, 2006 16:03
Very good compilation
          http://www.myspace.com/psysrek
http://www.myspace.com/jetlagbookingagency
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jet-Lag-Bookings/128718280502551
http://www.myspace.com/maninkaricrew
http://search.4shared.com/q/1/psysrek
DeLySiD CoOkInG
Delysid / Wicked Wires

Started Topics :  8
Posted : Nov 9, 2006 19:47
keepppp on coming materia,, killer comp as always...
good to see our friends biopussys there,,, killer track mofos...

best vibes and respect!!!

p.d.: anaaaaaa hataaaaaa still waiting the copyyyy jejeje..

www.noizeconspiracy.com
www.myspace.com/delysidcooking
Andrew
Voice Of Cod / Zuloop

Started Topics :  14
Posted : Nov 11, 2006 02:25
just ordered this... loved the first release, 'Goodfellas' - there's no flies on these guys

~~~~~~~Andrew~~~~~~~
!Ce M@n
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  30
Posted : Nov 14, 2006 17:44
HEard this V.A .. And I shuld say its one hell of a compilation...
Bio genesis and painkiler absolutely dance floor killers ..
Good track there by mad netic...
Didnt like conected minds though...but decent enough...
sirius isness wid inneraction.. but sounds as whole os sirius isness track.. not bad ..
AND this track from Kali -vision thing ..IS the best track in this v/a and this is supposed 2 be the best track from kali for me personally...
I see old basslines of mekkanikka ..I guess this track is quiet old enough ..
THn another crispy track from kali..

this V/a is kilerrr and will be effective on dance floors..
kUdos to materia records and all artist involved in making this V/A a success

0x00000PSy
Trance2MoveU
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  50
Posted : Mar 16, 2007 00:53
This one still rips. I couldn't pick a favorite if I tried. Top notch quality that will move u. Very enjoyable.

Keep it up!

Mdk

MorNinG MaGiC

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Mar 16, 2007 20:23
bio-genesis , painkiller & kali traxs stand out for me in this compilation rest off the artists (new ones.) showcased here are the future of morning twilite psy ESP MADNETIC ..!
gr8 work here in by materia recs..! they neva disappoint people with thr releases ..!
brillaint..~
luv n lite to all invovled esp to Anahata & noz for compiling it ..! and the artists for the spirit in puttin up the traxs ..!
BOoom.>!
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Materia Records: VA- Robosapiens (October 2006) MATCD03

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance