Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  UK - Liquid Connective UK Psychedelic Gathering 22-25th August 2003
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Liquid Connective UK Psychedelic Gathering 22-25th August 2003

liquid ross
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  39
Posted : Aug 19, 2003 14:30
hey peoples - have a few mor infos for you... actual location of event will be available after 9pm on the evening, through phoning the number on the ticket. we will give an indication of which side of the country it is on about lunch time and later in the day a little more info on motorways, train stations etc and departure times for public transport.
members can reserve their invite on the gate by emailing their : username & password to info@liquidconnective.org (but NOT on day of the party)
it will be a little more on the door though, so we do recommend obtaining invites in advance:

access all areas, camden
psy dmt, camden
richards records, canterbury
illegal records, brighton
rocket, rochester

hope this helps and see you on the dance floor !

x
Summum Bonum
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  69
Posted : Aug 19, 2003 16:04
Thanks everyone for the info. looking foward to a great event!            "Never argue with an idiot, they'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
liquid ross
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  39
Posted : Aug 20, 2003 12:10
updated first post informations...

hope to c u there

x
Shanegobi
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  46
Posted : Aug 20, 2003 13:35
HEE HAA, looking good man, i cant wait any longer,

this is going to be the highlight for me for the next year, for sure

Good luck to Ross and all the crew and thanks SO MUCH for making this possible for everyone
alpsyeeder

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Aug 24, 2003 00:16
hello peepz\..this ain't appenin man..
stinks ov booking fee i heard a whisper
this was the plan since last time .gotta cover the cost ov those sa plane tickets.& sola showers .. front left hand strikes again!!!
thank goodness there is a healthy "in house "
clubbing scene in london pumpin chaos vlimited releases as i write! big up the organisations(kill the floor for real)
i love the weekend dont u...?           i am party police to the xtreem,search & distroy all u psy killaz.....false alarmz a speciality! ...the truth is oot there............
alpsyeeder

Offtopic posts:  3
Posted: Aug 24, 2003
liquid asset collected!!
nuff said .....wonder who the moderator is?!!
John
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  76
Posted : Aug 24, 2003 14:08
I'm not too sure what that last post meant - but it might be worth pointing out that Liquid Connective tried to set up in three locations yesterday and got busted every time.

Now you could question how likely an event this size without a license was to get away with using the "members only" loophole - but if they had gone through the proper channels and done it legit - I can asure you the tickets would have been a damn site more than £30 to pay for all the expenses (and thats even assuming they got a license)

Since all the problems LC have been having, there have been lots of people having a go that LC were charging - as if the £30 was just going straight into their pockets - well sadly in the real world - people have to pay for rent & food - so PAs & lights cost money, gigging DJs who do if for a living need to charge and it costs to fly over acts that people want to see.

Free parties are great - but unless you've got lots of spare cash yourself - anything more than a small party costs money.

I dunno - considering the well off background that many of those in the psy trance scene comes from - it always entertains me how obsessed they are about money....

wizzy

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Aug 25, 2003 00:43
If liquid connective sold all the advance tickets, then at a guess they are now responsible for thousands of peoples dough, and that adds up to almost £100,000 (if not more). We will never know for sure how many people will bother to get a full refund back. I doubt also that the acts will get paid, and i assume most would refuse payment anyway. But with a "booking fee" of at least £6 (plus postal costs), i get the feeling that this cost was always an "insurance fee" to cover the costs of flight tickets in the very likely event of it getting closed down.

If an unlicenced festival was cancelled in europe under these circumstances (and its has happened) people would be screaming blue murder. Surely liquid connective should shoulder some responsiblity for what will appear to many as a scam.

At the very least liquid connective are responsible for withholding information.

Why did so many people have to waste money on these stupidly large "booking fees" when in fact it WAS possible to turn up at the festival gate and pay for a "reserved ticket" there?

Why did liquid connective only reveal this option just 2 days before the festival after everyone had bought the tickets in advance as requested for weeks?

You dont have to be that smart to figure it out.

i'm not arguing or bitching, just spelling out some important facts. However liquid connective are not beyond reproach, what happened this wekend is not just a shame, it will have long lasting negative consequences for the whole scene, and above all stinks of commercial naivety and deluded arrogance. Liquid have years of experience behind them and would of known what to expect from the authorities with an illegal festival of this scale. Even on the last liquid event, the crew were demanding "donations" at the gate, in spite of the fact that they knew the police would'nt allow the main generator in.

sorry if this offends the "devine liquid faithful", but that is my honest feeling on this affair.
NeutroN
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  69
Posted : Aug 25, 2003 19:58
You guys have got to be kidding me, what is really going on? IMO the tribe of frog incedent in somerset would open the eyes of the organizers. I am not to say what I don't have a clue what happened, and I know that soon someone from LC will give the reasons for this.

What it looks like is that I will not be going to any of theses 'festivals' in England for awhile I'll just go for the normal indoor parties, which are legal and dont have the problem of shuting down, and save my money for festivals in other places in europe (eg boom)

I know that the law is gay in this country but what can we do? force to have ilegal parties? it might be a risk that some want to take but not all.           "Great things are only possible with outrageous requests." Thea Alexander
Paulbenn
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  15
Posted : Aug 26, 2003 23:42
Well exactly. I expect plenty of people are going to be pussyfooting around not wanting to step on anyone's toes, but for fuck's sake, guys - You've known you were going to do it since this time last year - £30.00 is a lot of money to pay for the privilege of driving round Cornwall with nothing to do all night.

Mm, *Maybe* the authorities found out about it because of the bloody ENORMOUS publicity you've been giving it on the net since about January? If you're going to plan a *huge* festival with that many acts then it's going to need more than faith and om shanti to keep it from being busted - This isn't the Czech republic, yknow - So why not look into getting a license? Or just have a *couple* of big acts and the rest of the time have DJs.

Just a shame that it looked like a better lineup than the Voov and it didn't happen. I keenly await being told that I shouldn't be so critical because I didn't even try to organise a psy festival this year.

P

pavi
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  29
Posted : Aug 27, 2003 03:57
Come on people, LC have, in my mind, done the best ANYONE could under the circumstances (stopping short of paying ridiculous amounts for an uncertain licence like creamfields - raising the ticket price to around 60 Quid). I think they tried 3 or 4 different locations that all ended up busted, so massive respect to the fluids and a big fuck you to the police and all those people who think psytrance is a commercial commodity - go to fabric or the reading festival or something.
The culprit is the state and its fucked up laws.

@Wizzy: as far as I know, the genny at the last one was pounded by bad luck, not some conspiracy that could have been foreseen beforehand.

I know I'll keep supporting these people who have put on great parties in the past, and not act like one lost adventurous weekend is the endall-and-beall of the scene.

Keep yer heads up Liquid!           Within this timeless gathering,
a shining light does dance,
lost from conscious memory,
but visible in trance!

www.alchemyrecords.co.uk
Nik
Error Corrective

Started Topics :  13
Posted : Aug 27, 2003 12:10
this was always gonna be an illegal event that had every chance of getting busted.
with infected mushroom an everyone else playing i think the stakes were raised too high.
my sympathies go out to the lc dudes who really have a sound vision......the problem is this country init!?
i spoke to a friend of mine about this at a wedding on friday.........he say now - 'i told u so!!!!'
psytwin
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  19
Posted : Aug 27, 2003 14:02
Well the problem is not that, the party did not happen but, the way of all the hope for a great week end bank holiday turns into a nightmare for a lot off people!
People don’t hander stand how a festival with this huge line up could be organise with out all the licenses!!
LC made everybody paid in advance 30 Quid for a festival witch was not sure at 100 % to taking place!! Plus the first location was damn fare away from London. With out a car by train it was for a lot of people a fucking mission to get Devon and 53 Quid the return ticket!!
To get what at this end!! Nothing!
LC made a big publicity on the net to change this illegal festival into an international event!!
People from Europe did spend the lot of money to travel to UK for this!
So is not about 30 Quid but lot more than must of the trance lover spend this week end!
Even people from UK who was driving, spend a lot of money into, petrol, car full of junky food for 4 days, mobile phone bill with the 100 of text messages and phone call !!, and all the all the details like this .
Thinks about all the people who did not get the chance a have some one into the mobile contact list able to send all the directions text messages!!
Few of us get the chance to go to the out door party for the birthday of Jason “Enlightenment” and friends of him near Brighton (it was from Saturday until Monday night) and because they was afraid of the all people of LC show up in this little event they just send away everybody !

Well this was a very sad week end for many people and LC have to do something very nice to cover up this mess!! Otherwise it’s going to be “Liquid Disconnected“
          http://www.psytwin.org
http://www.youtube.com/psytwin
http://www.facebook.com/psytwin.video
http://www.myspace.com/psytwin
Lymph Node

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Aug 27, 2003 15:08
People should remember that as humans we tend to focus on the negative more than the positive, so all this abuse aimed at Liquid Connective is a reaction, and that it'll all die down and people will start remembering other experiences with LC, and only then, will any truly objective opinions be formed. (whether they be good or bad). I personally wasn't at this party, i was going to go, but had a prior arrangement. Therefore what i'm about to say is not based on any personal experience, only on what i've picked up from various sources.

I think LC got a bit cought up in the excitement of throwing a killer fetival, and aimed a little too high. a lot of publicity was put into this, which went hand in hand with booking a lot of big acts, which was probably their first mistake. In my humble opinion, more money/effort should've gone into securing the venue, and less into the acts that were booked. If any of you have ever tried throwing a party (*i mean outdoor party, indoor parties are NOT psytrance parties in my opinion, i only think of them as time-killers till the next summer season*) you'll know that it's not at all easy. Everybody makes mistakes, and nobody can fault LC for having high hopes and aspirations, i have more respect for someone who tried and failed, than someone who didn't try at all, as the old cliche goes.

I'm saying this baring the risk of offending many people here, but the only thing that's gone wrong here, as far as i can see, is a combination of a ruling structure that leaves little in the hands of the people it is governing, and a bad frame-of-mind taken on by too many people, party-goers and organisers alike (which could be attested to the lack of life experience as a result of the above-mentioned ruling structure, if i was going to get all anti-establishment on you guys).

Peace to all. And LC, may fate shine favourably on your future ventures to make up for this ass-raping it's just dealt you.
Trance Forum » » Forum  UK - Liquid Connective UK Psychedelic Gathering 22-25th August 2003
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance