Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Lani - The Reincarnation of Jhonny Looloo (CD)~2006~KAIROO RECORDS

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Lani - The Reincarnation of Jhonny Looloo (CD)~2006~KAIROO RECORDS

***Sideffect***
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  36
Posted : Jun 5, 2006 02:58
KAIROO RECORDS $SHOW CART
Lani:
The Reincarnation of Jhonny Looloo (CD)

1. The Reincarnation - A New Frontier
2. Silverbox
3. Ultraworld
4. Lost In Venice
5. The Seventh Sister
6. Lana's dream
7. Different Colour (Lani rmx)
8. The Waspdance
9. Destination

sorry for the bit long review but it just came, couldn't help it, but I made an appointment with my doctor tomorrow so let's hope they have medecine against long reviews (to be honest I shorted him LOL, this the short version, shit, well if you don't like long reviews, just only read the general, most important info is written there...)

GENERAL:

This is it, the second release of our Belgian artist lani, their debut album was for me a blast, not because it was Belgian (I don’t like Belgian goa people so, kidding ), I just like happy melodies and that is like the main mark of lani…

I always say releasing a debut album is one thing but creating a second one and still keep your fans or create new ones is also a big challenge,
Well my imo is lani succeeded that with their second album,
I think the debut fans will still find the same satisfaction they got with the debut album and new fans who maybe experienced lani as a bit to cheesy or overloaded will maybe change their opinions hearing this one,
Well reviewing a second album is always nice cause you can compare how the artists are evolved, in which direction, what has changed ? those descriptions are often more objective minded…

So what changed or did not ?

Lani is still pure morning fullon, lots of artist are categorized as morning fullon but this is actually pure morning… lani provides you happy melodies, motivating baselines, this is 100% psychedelic trance when the sun is shining high at an open air festival…
Comparing to their first album lani uses less layers this time, consequence is that the atmosphere is more subtle and advancement is more at front… at their first album you had sometimes full climaxes and waves at 2 minutes but now lani likes to keep it more under the surface, the advancement is more a bit surfing on the morning sounds, who speak more and level ups the psychedelic percentage… The typical spirals are a bit gone and more synths are used in this one… Off course lani is famous for their powerful guitar riffs and yes again in this album you will be satisfied, in the first album the guitar riffs reminded me more of skazi, talamasca, now they remind me of sun project, but not the new sun project, the old skool sun project we all went crazy on like ‘dances of the witches’, out of my brain, 380 volt haaaaaa , what remarkable changed is the power of the bass lines and the speed, the factor bass line has become more important but I must say they managed to create a good drive together with those morning sounds…
And what is still present and I’m very glad, lani kept there detail for intro’s and outro’s, a basic element of goatrance that like suddenly disappeared and it’s super great to experience it again. Artist who like just directly use the baseline after the 10th second and end there climaxes in 2seconds give me the feeling it’s more routine trance and less thought trough, this is totally not the case here, each track has been thought through and smoothly and very friendly you enter each track, small, tiny and humble psychedelic sounds who introduce and subtle keep you floating after a climax has entered your speakers so you can still dream on a for a little bit… Well that main mark of old skool (which I like a lot) is one of the marks who made it possible that you had the feeling the trance songs were like telling a story and well this is a big imo but I like totally kick on that concept, that is what I like, if an artist reaches that certain level I believe they actually totally have control and idea what psychedelic trance is , goa, fullon name it what you want is about, ok that’s a very subjective expression influenced on the fact I kick on the telling trance concept so… but writing objective reviews is almost impossible and boring 
so general lani keeps you busy all the time, using the baseline, then again just pure the atmosphere and off course the synths, guitar riffs and waves…

Now some more detailed marks on each tracks, I won’t review every track in detail cause my general is like so detailed I would be repeating myself and reading this review would go direction boring… at each track I will just write a few lines what makes that track different from the others and the rest you just combine with the general… If you are unable do that just follow a goa lessons in India, goa gil is giving them for free and yés it’s allowed to touch him (before I get 100 pm’s)

1.lani – a new frontier
well as first track the intro is amazing, pure subtle, not direct satisfaction and not revealing all their secrets but still giving an idea which direction this album is going to take off…

2.lani – silverbox
this one provides us one hell of a motivating baseline, the drive is balanced and very good presented, the first guitar riffs are being used, again not as climax but subtle advancement style and then BAM full guitar climax , combination of two kind of sort of guitar riffs proves they actually are able to play guitar very good and not just some simple riffs like many morning fullon artist use but actual solo combinations…

3.lani – ultraworld
to be lani the bass line enters very quickly, announced subtle off course, don’t forget the general !!! , for the rest this track is pure like I described in general, it’s lani style but hasn’t got any differences, just the general lani stuff, what is good for me imo, contrast has to be made in an album, if all tracks are super good the end conclusion is that it’s just good cause there’s nothing to compare with, this track is more a time to breath a bit

4.lani – lost in Venice
hold on your buts cause to me this is like THE lani track ever, it’s already been released on EP so some will already know it… the drive is extremely motivating and has a funky touch comparing to their other drives… the women voice samples singing in the advancement makes you smile big time, well it make me smile, if it doesn’t make you smile, go see a shrink (kidding), the Latino guitars are perfectly subtle used together with guitar riffs, this is pure joy and a pleasure to predict, the full wave reminds me of old skool times and the crystal clearness of the sounds caresses my ears… this is very uplifting, extremely uplifting, how do you call that on isratrance, oh yeah I remember ‘ a dance floor killer’, lani keeps on playing with the sounds over and over and giving you the feeling they perfectly know what they are doing, what is nice, everything fits at the right place and each sound comes and goes when it has to be, the drive isn’t that straight anymore but goes up and down with the melodies and sounds what is typical for artist like audiotec, lamat ananda shake etc

5.lani – the seventh star
this is a bit of a surprise, direct baseline but then again after 2 seconds a morning tune arrives and the atmosphere goes from 0% to 100%, pure proof goa hasn’t always to be complicated to be good, the main synths used in this track is less attractive comparing to the rest of the cd, but that pure goatrance sound following is absolutely welcome , they use that typical 1200 mics whiiiiiiiiii to announce there climaxes which is nice but not the entire cd, but they don’t so pretty good, the reformed voice speaking is well done, not the typical hallucinogen/infected women singing stuff we heard a thousand times before….

6.lani – lana’s dream
the intro is a guitar solo which reminds me of mystica (what is like a very good artist to referent too, mystica rules ), the bass lines is again more straight and full power… again guitar riffs but we have heard them before already but the solo is different what makes it nice…. I think this track has the hardest guitar climax until now, short but pure power….

7.lani – different colour (lani rmx)
the intro reminds me of infected mushroom, don’t have to describe that I think we all have an idea what that means, if you don’t, go sit in the corner for 30 minutes and write down ‘I will listen to classical mushroom ever day for a whole month !!!!,
this baseline is tuff to be lani, a bit macho, not to fast but deep… the atmosphere is still morning but has some slight creepy morning touch cause they use violins, and violins always have that effect on me (so subjective 100 percent), I don’t know but this track is so different, hard to describe, it’s like created to reach a certain emotion, totally not focused on being fast or super melodic, but it sure does tell a story…

8.lani – the wascp dance
this baseline is the most typical fullon baseline we all have heard a thousand times and has been copycat, but for one track I don’t mind, it’s THE typical morning fullon baseline used by many artist, the pattern is very simple and repeating, also the psy sounds are so it all does fit together, they know how to reform their sounds by putting another baseline… this track doesn’t speaks to me, the solo at the end is good but it’s a bit too late, I had to wait to long, but what the heck with all the fullon coming out these days as a home listener you get spoiled imo…

9.lani – destination
no ambient track as last track, good, if I want to listen to ambient I’ll put an ambient cd in my player never got that concept… this track is a bit floating out, ending the release… but still motivating… I have the feeling this is the end but heeeeeel no at 4th minute a super smooth wave enters my world coming bigger, bigger, bigger, BIGGER and reminds me it’s middle of the night and my stereo is way to loud for this hour, what the heck is the last track, the end wave is a bit an end surprise and is very good, simple but unexpected what makes it so good… as usual lani doesn’t stop suddenly but smoothly surfs out the track enjoying the last sound…

http://www.last.fm/user/LastFmKoen
***Sideffect***
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Jun 5, 2006 02:59
what the heck, there's a limit of charachter in the review section, and I thought I was a freak

end conclusion:
I have to admit the first time I heard it as a big fan of their debut album I was like noooo, they changed direction and after all this years I’m still that stupid to think an artist will release the same concept, off course not, like super boring for the artist creating the same patterns and loops over and over again, so I had to deal with the fact, high expectations on a certain level of satisfaction but not getting it, so I went back to zero and gave the album after a week a second change with no expectations anymore, and it’s good, I prefer subtle trance and this more subtle comparing to their debut album, the fact that they used sun project minded guitar riffs is nice if you were a big fan of them when they released their first tracks…
End note: the same note I always say, if you don’t like the lani sound this cd won’t satisfy you, but that counts for like any goa cd ever released so, if you don’t like some cheesy morning sounds, this is not your style, but I like cheesy, my first artist were mfg, astral projection, one man game/mystica and etc and that’s cheesy, it’s nice if goa makes you smile and that I guarantee lani offers you 100%...
So if you wanna smile this is the one, if you don’t want to smile, hahaha then you’ve got a problem (kidding)
enough written, not rating, don’t do that anymore, this review is highly subjective cause I like the concept a lot, it could be more objective but pfffff why do that if words pup into my head and just float down my finger,
keep up the good work lani, you have the technieque, just keep creative like you are being now and have a good time all the time
grtz koen and good night           http://www.last.fm/user/LastFmKoen
Scoop

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Jun 5, 2006 06:09
I've just finished to listen to this cd for the first time,
and what can I say? it's an excellent album,
I loved all the tracks
my favs are 2, 4, 6.

Great review btw

Jeller
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  17
Posted : Jun 5, 2006 20:57
ah i wiil give it a listne and if it is good i will buy it.. Lost in Venice is amazing and Part of a Design on their old album has the best pads ever, outstanding..

so this must be good too
miazu

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Jun 5, 2006 22:19
Lani Thank youu:))

I really love this track and I think whole picture is so nice

I listen that and my mind fly So beaty and baselines grooving , and powerful athmoshpere

Lani <3 rock ))
***Sideffect***
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Jun 6, 2006 14:26
forgot the link to prelisten sorry,
can't edit my review, no button

np, here it is
http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/kai/kai1cd007.html           http://www.last.fm/user/LastFmKoen
Bitkit

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Jun 7, 2006 11:52
Great sound, feel good cd,keep up the good work guys!!!!!!
Nemesis
Digicult

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Jun 7, 2006 16:58
Hello, my friends,

You both already know my favorite tracks of the album. 7th sister & Lost In Venice are the cream of the crop. Amazing review here also.

Take care and see you soon guys,

Bert           DigiCult / Dj Nemesis (Dacru Recs. - BE)
www.dacru.be
nemesis@dacru.be
spectra
Spectra

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Jun 8, 2006 16:17
hey guys. at last the 2 album as come. i havent listened to the whole album. i just listened to music 6 and 7, and they are full of god harmonies. love the good vibes of the album.
Cheers to u guys keep working hard =)
BOOM
Master Main

Started Topics :  9
Posted : Jun 8, 2006 18:05
i like the album its in my 5 favorit albums in this year..
i like the basline killa
Bizzare Didy
Bizzare Contact

Started Topics :  8
Posted : Jun 9, 2006 16:16
A really big step foward since the last album i just finished to listen now... and yeh, is not the typical sound that we are use to hear - its something else.

Way to go my friends !

Keep it up !
sketi

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Jun 11, 2006 05:46
great album! is creating alot of happy smiling dancefloors and its not even cheesy
Skëlp
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  11
Posted : Jun 16, 2006 08:06
nice review... pretty much says it all...
the album is great!! "lost in venice" is a hell of a track... really loved it!!

BOOM           "Fantasy is a part of reality"
TOXIC SHAKE - PORTUGAL
MFG

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Jun 30, 2006 18:59
Great review! ,we got the chance to hear some few tracks before the album came out in a party in Belgium few months ago we played on the same stage,it was great to see the ppl are flying and smiling when tom's melodys are playing and touching ppl,a great up lifting full on album with goa touch and good warm sound from a fine artist and great man.Tom,we wish you and Sven(the man) all the best with this album and keep on the good job.

Guy&Aharon
M.F.G

http://www.hommega.com/artist.php?artistID=28021

http://www.hommega.com/hommegaShop.php?prdID=73
Menog
Menog (Spectral records)

Started Topics :  9
Posted : Jul 6, 2006 15:31
good lucks mates!!
i´m shure it will rock all around the world!!
see u next week at Full moon festival!
till then!
          www.menog.com www.myspace.com/menogspaces
www.spectralrecords.com www.myspace.com/spectralrecords
www.3dvisionrecordings.com
Dance,is perhaps one of the truest art forms.In dance there is no medium between the artist and the creation.And ho
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Lani - The Reincarnation of Jhonny Looloo (CD)~2006~KAIROO RECORDS

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance