Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Krumelur - Paramoral @ Zenon Records [2006]

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Krumelur - Paramoral @ Zenon Records [2006]

Sound Surgeon
Crater / Mish-kah

Started Topics :  250
Posted : Oct 14, 2006 17:46
Krumelur is Fredrik Larsson, born 1980 in Stockholm, Sweden. In 1996 he was introduced to the art of making music with a computer and was instantly hooked.
In 2002 Krumelur released his debut album - Minimal Animal, which was a big success for him. Now he is back with new stuff!

1. The Plan (Kick It)
Some cool vocals in the first two minutes of the track. Not much happens besides them though. Somewhere around 4:00 a cool breakbit enters which gives more power to the track. Slow minimal mind grinding tune. I would say that it fits as the starting track of the album and gives us a small intro. I think this tune is tooo minimal, but thats my taste only.

2. A Furry Something
Fairy tale starting imo, an unordinary sound without doubt. The beat itself is unusual too. Much stronger vibes than the first track. Some really cool weird synth sounds here! Nice work. The sounds in this track are really original, never heard stuff like that in other ones. Somewhere around 4:15 the bassline becomes much funkier. The french vocal in the break is fat! I didnt like that after its over the beat that starts is a different than the one which opens this track. However its a really good weird one! Great work of those computer game sounds.

3. Swallowed
After a cool into the meat comes with a pecky small bassline and nice percussion games. I think more heavier bass sound could make wonders in this track. I dont think that the vocal and the part that comes after it related one to each other, imo it could be removed or reworked better. The evolvment make me think that something is going to happen here but nothing happens unfortunatley A good twist is maybe after the rapper vocal. The track is nice, but it doesnt drive me to want to dance.

4. Outdoors (Radio Krasnojarsk)
This is strong stuff! Strong bass-kick combo and more weird Krumelur sounds. The russian vocal is cool. It gets twisted and distorted in the upcoming minutes The only thing that I was missing here is a turn point or something, besides that its a great track!

5. Colossus
Strange oldddd talking background an upcoming beat which starts pounding us later. Clubbier percussion sounds over here. Strange sounds. Again, if the bass was written more consistant it could make some serious knee&feet damage on the dancefloor. More weirdo synths later give us spooky feelings. Progression here is a real nice one till the end.

6. Understatement
Very cool start over here! The bass here is too muddy to me but the rest is good stuff. Strange stuff happens here until it stops with the fucked up vocal in 2:30 It develops after its over and goes mad after a while! No stops till the end.

7. Abstract Ramixt
No intro here. Some cool beat till the vocal arrives in 0:55. Awesome work on the vocal by Frederik. It gets more weird later when a syth-vocal is playing.Not much variation here. It has a long break near the end. Not my cup of tea.

8. The Fattest Worm Catches The Early Bird
Kinda electro beggining imo. Its hard to me to count that as a bassline. It has some kind of a strange singing sample in 4:25 which is cool. But the rest is not something I loved.

9. On A Stroll
Breakbitting beggining with some jungle influences. This sounds like something way fatter than the previous two ones. This is much more trancey tune since the bassline is not stopping at all. The percussion work here is outstanding imo. Great sound effects here are all the time. gets more psychedelic till the end with more synths playing simultaniously. Are those burp sounds in the end? Lol. Great piece of work Frederik!

10. That Old Organ
Some really abnormal sounds in the beggining. This is a faster track than the rest of the album. More melodic as well. It has that organ sound playing through the track. Its much happier one and more filled with sounds then the rest of the album. Some kind of experiment? Nice funky work here.

Conclusion :

I find this album too minimal to me. The sound quality here is great but sometimes the kick doesnt have a connection to the bass as I like it to be. Its hard to
dance to it, but listening at home can be really good. Some of the tracks could be party stompers without a doubt. I wouldnt give a raiting to the album since
its not my favorite style so I wont bash it.
If you like weird unusual sounds with lots of originality, this is the thing to get! Without a doubt this is not mainstream trance music, its special for sure. If you like minimal stuff, thats the right choise too

favorites :
2,4,5,9,10(!)

Misha
darkgnome

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Oct 14, 2006 21:05
I liked this alot. Some of the samples weren't really my cup of tea. Otherwise this was pretty much everything what I expected to be
Ulterior
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  35
Posted : Oct 15, 2006 18:03
i can see krumelur style has evolved, again he's a step ahead from other minimal artists, maybe this chage is also influenced by his funky side, we'll see i cant wait to hear sth funky from him.
LigaLize
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  52
Posted : Oct 15, 2006 18:31
The album is awsome...liked it very much
best tracks
Outdoors (Radio Krasnojarsk)
and
The Plan (Kick It)           Dance is - As a matter of fact, socially admissible public analogue of the sexual act :)
http://www.myspace.com/djligalize
rica
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  11
Posted : Oct 16, 2006 19:18
need to listen to this album soon, just yesterday i was hearing minimal animal with friends, still an amazing album           Bhavatu sabba mangalam
ori_k
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  13
Posted : Oct 16, 2006 19:19
i'm enjoying it very much for quite a long time now
superB!
the spice

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Oct 16, 2006 20:58
Very original, almost too experimental, but still keeping it with the groove alive somewhere. Cannot forget that mario bros. track u made.... it was my favorite for a long while.

Reefer and barbecue was also a very nice one...

keep it up           the spice extends life, the spice expands consciousness, the spice is vital to space travel, travel without moving
exotic
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  200
Posted : Oct 17, 2006 06:09
A very funky easy listening album. Backed up by some super fat production!! A must listen for the minimal fans!! and its very danceable too .. WE want more krumelur           missing plug-in
traveller
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  234
Posted : Oct 17, 2006 22:36
Don't enjoy this one at all.           "The dinosaurs became extinct because they didn't have a space program."
- Larry Niven
Acidhive
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  76
Posted : Oct 17, 2006 23:08
Quote:

On 2006-10-17 22:36, traveller wrote:
Don't enjoy this one at all.

I tend to agree. I'll have to listen to it some more though before giving it my final judgement. I've judged albums harshly before without proper listening so... after a big listening session I'll give my final verdict.           "Subconscious unravels at the point of death, and all time it has known erupts into a moment. As death extinguishes us, so we become it."

[Esoteric: Subconscious Dissolution Into The Continuum]
zeb nation

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Oct 19, 2006 15:00
Great Album, easy listening, slow, mind trip !

best tracks

1, 2, 4 and 10
Satanstoenail

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Oct 26, 2006 16:33
I fucking love this album.           Just remember.... in Hell.... there will be doof....
Zoopy
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  44
Posted : Oct 26, 2006 21:55
Beautifully minimal and psychedelic! Love the glitchiness and how it isn't cheesy. Love it!
sourcepan
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  18
Posted : Oct 28, 2006 20:56
love it!!
Ah-sid

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Oct 29, 2006 15:37
nice one 'K'....good atmospheres and soundscapes.very neo pro-agressive style.but i think the visuals r getting a little bit commercial compared to minimal animal.....nice work altogether
boOm
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Krumelur - Paramoral @ Zenon Records [2006]

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance