Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Kox Box - The Great Unknown [ 2000, Liquid Audio Soundz ]
← Prev Page
1 2
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Kox Box - The Great Unknown [ 2000, Liquid Audio Soundz ]

Christian
D-Nox

Started Topics :  55
Posted : Aug 28, 2005 15:43
Yuli u are absolutly right !!!

At this time psytrance had soul, ideas, tricks, fun, progression, drive and most of all me on the floor ...
I just met Franke in Ibiza and I told him to go back to the time where I think, he stoped producing great timeless music. Back to the time where Kox Box was and became Kox Box!

I still love this album. As well their releases on Harthouse back in the 90`s.

like the topic!

peace

parapsyched
Scratch 22

Started Topics :  72
Posted : Aug 31, 2005 12:13
indeed a great one from the old days. and it does have it`s unique style.....
use to open my sets with the intro (sometimes) till not long ago. always worked.
"country is a state of mind"

"please help us stop it !!! "

if u dig deep enough u just might reach the sky...

"dream is destiny"

http://www.scratch-22.com
Rui Ferreira
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  43
Posted : Aug 31, 2005 23:35
...i remember a wonderfull night where i was following a friend, wich was spinning transe records in a small club in lisbon, mixing sounds with my sample and effects into his set, when suddently someone asked us if we had any kind of african music, cause it was an african music club, and we didn't knew that... the answer of my friend to the people was that we didn't had any kind of african music, but only australian music...in these precisely moment he was already mixing koxbox, and the only thing you could listen loud in that club was...This is a Major Problem in Australia!!! hehehehe....what a wonderfull moment we spent together...i think i never laugh so much in all my life
charles
Triptych

Started Topics :  9
Posted : Sep 1, 2005 10:54
The "Great Unknown" track was the beginning of what i called Funky Psy Trance, i think the groove in this track still inspire me a lot in my production!

i listened a lot this album last year again, it still seems so new, so many great musical ideas inside, maybe the BEST "psytrance" album for me.

full respect!

"And i saw the angel come down unto me"

www.soleadmusic.com
14-year old e-tard
IsraTrance Junior Member
Started Topics :  11
Posted : Sep 6, 2005 12:42
This is my favourite psy-trance album ever! I could try and explain why, but this is one of the times where words simply are inadequate.
I only wish music today was as driving, psychoactive, funky, impulsive, deep, thoughtfull, expressive and fun as it was then.

Tempos around the 134 mark provide so much space for the sounds in the tracks. The groove and the intricate basslines seem like a floating purple sphere, that oscillates around me, penetrating my chest, confidently charging my heart and mind to drive my body and progress into a higher level of rhythmic awareness, exerts pressure behind my closed eyelids, slaps a smile on my face and makes this planet, the only rock in the universe I'd ever want to be on.

Me>You
Beartrap Machine
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  13
Posted : Jan 8, 2006 15:41
This is a landmark album in the world of psychedelic music!

There is a new version of the track "Geomancer" on the upcoming Sostice compilation "Black".

Can't bloody wait!
Bom*shankar
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  19
Posted : Jan 12, 2006 13:01
Wow! Way to go Yuli for this review!
This is indeed an amazing album- one of the last trance CDs I bought and was totally happy with the money I spent. So fucking trippy and innovative!
*Karma Cola*
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  113
Posted : Jan 16, 2006 05:50
Yuli, u beat me to it. This was my next 'gonna review' choice.

But what a f--kin great album. Revolutionary. I still play this album regularly. Need a dose of my KoxBox always.
          ~*** You can tell By the way i use my walk, Im a woman's man, No time to Talk***~
pr0fane
Multiphase

Started Topics :  418
Posted : Jan 16, 2006 18:09
This is surely a great album, but I must admit I like "Phutures and Options" even better.           DJ pr0fane (Iboga Records) | Multiphase
www.sunrisesupplies.com | www.iboga.dk | www.soundcloud.com/pr0fane
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Kox Box - The Great Unknown [ 2000, Liquid Audio Soundz ]
← Prev Page
1 2
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance