Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Kerosene Club – forest of the freaks (Temple Twister) CD 2007

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Kerosene Club – forest of the freaks (Temple Twister) CD 2007

Noise Poison Records
Noise Poison Records

Started Topics :  28
Posted : Jun 19, 2007 11:33
Kerosene Club – forest of the freaks (Temple Twister) CD

1. The Surgeon
2. Bird Watchers
3. Masters of the black
4. The bongs not special
5. Monstrous Glitch
6. Technical Freaks
7. Analog meets digital
8. Cat People (rmx)
9. Bark at the Midnight sun

Dj Brian, Labelhead of Temple Twister in India, already appeard as Kerosene Club on labels like Nabi, Shaman, Manic Dragon and recent Tremors Undergrouend Production compilation “Tremors Underground Vol 1”. So the fifth release on his own label is his debut album which was highly expected from my side.

In here the acid level is throughout spreaded in a perfect dose. No track has too much dull moments might gets boring or is too overpacked with the try to act psychedelic, it just is. Brian plays with the loops and modulates them in a pitchy manner, puts them on a phat atmo and filled the whole package with funny little sample gimmicks as well a always catchy rolling groove.
“The Surgeon” right from the startup is a real treat and a smart starter for this ride begins with a chainsaw, a whistle and a wide spreading atmospheric pad garnished by a rolling groove. It does not need long time to catch me and the journey through the freaks in the forest is in full effect. In “Bird Watcher” he proceeds in this rolling attitudes with a punch more deepness and playful acidloops teasing me all along. Lots of changes in the whole story of this CD, but always keep the view being tidy in his arrangement, not to fade into a chaotic or overwhelming thing.
Throughout it’s a brisky tempo given, which is ok, as its not too much, but I use to pitch it a few bpm’s down, but that’s for sure just my bloody taste. Right as the third track comes “Master of the Black Art” as one fav of mine in here. The Acids here really teases and spirals of more comes up to change the line with a fluid of bubbling backround ripples. Yeah man this is cool shit, kicking changes without needing a break. Here you got me baba! That bongs not that special anymore I found out long time ago, even I do not spare to use it out of my private place … .. ”The Bong’s not special” starts up with a female vocal sample I cant sort out. Soon he starts with a punchy rolling drive and the leads slapping you right and left. Unfortunately too much little useless breaks in here to be found, even a catchy sample tries to keep tension. I mentioned here or there, that I am no fan of useless breaks, even I know for sure they work very well on the dancefloor, here Brian manage it to have me back soon after! “Monstrous Glitch” has this deep drive I am infected with and these sharp glitched lines always keep me stumbling on the floor. He comes up with a few weird pads in the backround to build up a real treat! Great ample work comes up in the following goodie. A bit senseless I have to say as this one lives from its naiv lines choosen here I am not so big fan with, but as in this whole thing Brian knows when to change to more deep psychedelia.
Brian worked together with Stefanos Gkokakos also known as Stranger in “Analog meets Digital” and this nice one spreads also a full bunch of well setted acidloops. I think I noticed Stranger’s influence quit a bit as the groove has this greek attitude, but possibly just my impression. The “Cat People RMX” is again one of my favourite tracks on this album. A deep Bubbling drive and a growling atmo in the back have me catched from beginning before sparingly but sharp loops biting me from the back. An acidtrip builded up with weird pads and teasing high-pitched lines. A break .. oh NO! … but hell yeah .. here is the tension I miss so often!!! .. Here he has my full attention after the kick to send me to the final station. Lovely track!
The last one here “Bark at the Midnight Sun” closes an album I have to say is a really amazing trip. Not easy to keep attention a whole album as usually the sound might become boring after 75-80 minutes and as well not that easy to write about.
This CD has parts might be not everybodies taste, as I had also a few moments I mentioned above, but nevertheless Brian knows to turn into different direction without loosing the line making each track to a story. A surpassing production for such genre makes it also to a very nice listening treat at home with headphones. Not everybody likes spinach, and in the end its just music, an own trip. I was happy having the pleasure tasting this!

Thx for the music!

ILSE

BooM

I just came out, cause it seems there was a noise outside ! .... added to Parvati Records rooster .. check webside !!!
http://www.parvati-records.com
http://www.noise-poison.com
http://www.myspace.com/dj_ilse
dhamma walker
Freeaatmah

Started Topics :  51
Posted : Jun 19, 2007 12:18
its an awesome album ... i'm lovin' it ...

good one brian - and i'm sure this is gonna be a best seller ... all the best brother

'Network of Thought' - releasing shortly on Foot Stompin Records.          Love n Light

Foot Stompin Records
www.footstompinrecords.com
projekt^ufo
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  22
Posted : Jun 19, 2007 18:42
yeh as dear fren atma said.. the labum is definately bombing in my head.. should do wonders on danceflors all over..
gr8 work stomping brain..

best vibes,
          -=DIGITAL OM PRODUCTIONS=-
=-MOUNTAIN MADNESS NEPAL-=
>< we follow and preach ><
--=UNIVERSAL RELIGION=--
http://www.urnepal.com | http://www.digitalomproductions.com
pete
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  32
Posted : Jun 20, 2007 01:15
One of my favorites to come out recently...very clean production, dynamic tracks, good juxtaposition of sortof melody kinda things with scratchier ripping synths. The last run on the stranger collaboration really gets me going.           http://soundcloud.com/herbert-quain
psybratt
Devic

Started Topics :  23
Posted : Jun 20, 2007 04:46
liked the way samples are used in the tracks Bird Watches and The bong is not special .. some really cool samples in there ..

peace,
Devic
Meta-Morphosis
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  216
Posted : Jun 20, 2007 07:29
I liked the way this album is produced, no track is a filler, it Does get monotonous in the middle but gosh he brings up the loops in a surprising manner all the time.

Had a awesome Acid trip on it last weekend.

My fav is >> Bark at the midnight sun, stranger collaboration.

bom shiva            “What we need is the development of the Inner Spiritual man, the unique individual, whose treasure is hidden in the symbols of our mythological tradition and in man’s unconscious psych.” - CJ Jung
NasCa
Psybetyarok

Started Topics :  20
Posted : Jun 20, 2007 18:01
rearry rearry nice release!

keep it twisted!
CRX(HSS Records)
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  97
Posted : Jun 20, 2007 18:07
wishes for the best results
          Helicon Sounds Music
www.hssr.gr
hallucinator
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  63
Posted : Jun 21, 2007 16:54
wonderfull album !

i just cant stop listening..

Respect & Support !
          Hallucinated Neighbour / Silent Existence
http://www.ektoplazm.com/label/silent-existence
Perma Fry
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  56
Posted : Jun 22, 2007 00:31
Nice review
Favs: 1!!!! fuck yea man this one is too crazy love the old school goa melody in this track, will blasterize you out of your dancing shoes
3,4!!,5!,7!,8,9!

IMHO the whole album represents Brian's metamorphosis into a shaman psy trance producer
A must buy for a psychedelic user

respect!
0v3rd0s3d
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  26
Posted : Jun 22, 2007 00:49
cat people rmx and the surgeon roxxx :] good job           http://myspace.com/overthedose
psybox

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Jun 23, 2007 01:06
keep it cumin brian26,really good music nice bass and groove effects anlalog meets digital even d track with infernal           "keep trancing"
Axonic

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Jun 23, 2007 18:23
Awesome release. Simple a must have.           http://www.myspace.com/axonic
drumatik
Drumatik

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Jun 24, 2007 23:01
hey brian )))))))))))good job man !

one of my favourites in a while

a couple amazing dance floor killers and tripers like trak 1,3,4 !!!

keep it up and congratulations

ben
Ah-sid

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Jun 25, 2007 18:59
truly a mindblowing and superlative soundscapes production and the most sharpest storylines heard from an indian artist ever......
the muzik directly reflects the artists state of consciousness and thinking and by all means i think its a rare find......Perfect nite time mayhem for the demented mind )
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Kerosene Club – forest of the freaks (Temple Twister) CD 2007

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance