Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Kemic-Al - Twisted Parameters (Butterfly Records 2005) CD
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Kemic-Al - Twisted Parameters (Butterfly Records 2005) CD

Kemic-Al
Kemic-Al

Started Topics :  12
Posted : Feb 2, 2005 00:59
Hey peolpe this is great ! Thanks to all of you for a wonderfull review and most of all your great respect...

I am happy that you have managed to get your head around the crazY shit that comes out of heaD

- and quoting ILSE .. Do take your time to listen to the cd.... there is plenty in there....

Al

|RoYeC|
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  31
Posted : Feb 15, 2005 01:24
Ahhh Aldo my man how you doing bro!!!!
Leastening to Peace On Earth (rmx)
So happy that you cd has such a great succes .

For all of you that don't know Kemic-al I got couple things to say about this psychedellic good :

1. if your into leastening to same sounds all the time this cd is to dangerous for you so move back!!
2.all of you that are looking for a great experiance full of colours and psychedellic sounds all the way and aren't affraid of dark with some goa vibes in it and hardcore synth work this cd is made for you!!!!
3. Aldo made this cd so all you freaks out there (including me) will understand he's message what he's trying to tell us so this isn't a blablabla cd this is a cd made with much love and it came strait from the inside of Aldo mind - hart and soul!!!

This cd is a trip you'll never forget if you ask me so for the serious people around the sceene this is made and dedicated to you, so what are you waitting for GO HAVE SOME FUN!!

Wish you the best bro keep on rocking the sceene with your music man and thanx for the amazing trip you gave me with this cd.

BooM peace and love My friend keep it psychedellic bro!!!!

Btw all of you people that are looking for what is my favourite track than what can i say had a hard time to choose one so i leave it up to you people to decide pure hardcore album all tunes are amazing is you ask me BooM!!!!

-=[PsYcHeDeL|C Music it's Fantastic]=- |RoYeC|
maggot

Started Topics :  7
Posted : Feb 15, 2005 06:19
its a great album ..the version i got is prolly the premaster or something ..coz lacks sound quality
great stuff tho .. fresh ! ..loved the track of the compilation ``psycho cell`` on discovalley records ..that one had waay better sound quality imo ..neway ..great music ..will look for another version . bOOm !
Humbug

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Feb 17, 2005 00:26
congratulation with a killer album .
Keep on blasting man
boom shanka
moondancer
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  32
Posted : Feb 18, 2005 17:16
ah usually I'd say that dark trance isn't my style... but I like this particular album a LOT!! Tracks 1,2 and 5 remind me of The Delta period: dark, minimalistic, mechanical trance. Actually this made me realize how much I missed those days since now it seems that Marcus is into electro

Twisted Parameters , as the name suggests, brings in some really twisted sounds, I like it, but find Batidas Por Minuto to be even better These 2 tracks sound a LOT like the typical russian trance (especially reminded me of Osom so if you like that then chances are high you'll like these too.

Klassic-Al is the wierdest track here, brings in some classical music and some jazz... I guess you have to open-minded to like that one. Personally I find that the classical and jazzy part make it sound "goofy" whereas it's supposed to be a dark track. Hence I don't really like the mix...

Pskumany and Wake-up Call don't really speak to me. They're dark but nothing special IMO.

Last but not least comes the downtempo track Z.Zora . A VERY deep kick, although slow and spooky (although I could've done with a little more "spook"

Conclusion actually this is the best dark trance album I've heard in months if not a whole year. It's a definate treat for all those who regret the era when The Delta and Midi Milliz ruled the dark trance scene. It also has some more "nowadays" dark trance that sounds like the typical russian style (which I like a little less but still the tracks are MUCH better than most in the style). And also some more original ones. All and all this feels like a musical documentary on the evolution of dark psy from 2000 until now... and how many albums do you have in your collection that can do that? 9/10           “I think I've discovered the secret of life - you just hang around until you get used to it.”

Charles M. Schulz
maggot

Started Topics :  7
Posted : Feb 19, 2005 08:28
death posture writes a great review ..but still ..man ..u try selling everything .. be more objective instead fo making every thing sound so damn good .. a little bit constructive critisism never hurt anyone eh ? kemik al album is good tho :>
!Ce M@n
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  30
Posted : Feb 19, 2005 12:49
kemic-al... twisted buds all over...u kinda sound like kinzdazda and gow.. grove into.. .. nice musikk btw..           0x00000PSy
psychedelicious

Started Topics :  9
Posted : Mar 6, 2005 03:21
Quote:

On 2005-01-28 18:22, OrenMos wrote:
i have just heard this CD and what can i say..

it's the worst CD i have heard long long time!!!

how can anyone call it music?!

hahahahahahaa great sense of humor

killah cd

congrats kemik-al wish u the best future and please provide us with some more creative music [:
respekt!!
..::Sc!zOpHrEn!kZ::..

Started Topics :  9
Posted : Mar 13, 2005 16:22
Hello ALDO!
i just started to make that comment;) i'm really lazy in that stuff hehehehe =)
What can i say about that album- first of all i have to say (nothing news for U) it's great. This for beginning...
Best numbers for me, as i am a fan of DARK and powerfull style are:
-Piskumany,
-Wake Up Call,
-Peace On Earth (rmx) [!!!],
-Twisted Parameters,
and
-Klassic-Al (as i like some melancholy stuff too =)

Very impressive and i would say 'other' album of all that dark stuff.
I wish You good luck man, make more dark music, make more killers man i love killerstuff!!
Hope to hear more stuff soon from You!
Best regards and bom!           KiLLER.iNSTiNCT project
Dark Life Records
theivo
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  25
Posted : Mar 15, 2005 20:45
I think Aldo is a good composer. I love His album. Good Work , Aldo !!!
Dark , Twisted , Innovate Music.
And i'm waiting his 2nd album.

Greets Al!
Will see you in Bulgaria this summer at Mati Zemlya.           :: PsyTech Team :: Bulgaria - Psychedelic Trance organization and Party Promoters
:: http://www.PsyTechTeam.org - the HQ
:: http://www.psytechteam.org/psylinks - psy links dir
:: http://www.PsyTechForum.com - our Dark Psy community
*Karma Cola*
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  113
Posted : Mar 28, 2005 08:41
SERIOUS NIGHT FCUKED UP DAARRRKKK MUSIC!!!!

I cannot sleep. I am so messed up after hearing those crazy twisted basslines. FUCKIN HELL!! what just hit me ??

Back for another listen.....           ~*** You can tell By the way i use my walk, Im a woman's man, No time to Talk***~
strangefreakquency
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  29
Posted : Apr 4, 2005 22:26
yeal al my friend
uve come up with a killlllllerrrr album
dark psychadelic sounds yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeahhhhhh
really insane album
cause sum serious damage
love the klassic-al track
keep producing mate
best of luck to u
peace
avi
Pt.
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  236
Posted : Apr 5, 2005 22:39
Review by psytones

Welcome, to the first Maltese psy-release ever, released on the first Maltese psy-label.
It is dark! It is Twisted!

Kemic-Al, is a 37 year old dark psychedelic trance composer/producer from Malta. Kemic-Al is a veteran in the trance trade, formerly known as Zaldonite.

Butterfly Records is an independent underground label based in Malta ( Kemic-Al Lab Studio ), The concept of creating the label is purely to release previously unreleased psychedelic music of Kemic-Al's own creation, as well as underground music from their artists friends from around the globe. The label is dedicated to a long lost friend, Sharyn, who was lost in a tragic accident in Holland 4 years ago.
(Her nickname was Butterfly as she had a butterfly tattooed on her chest.)

Kemic-Al “Twisted Parameters”
(Butterfly Records) 2005 (BTF CD 01)

1. 1888 A.C. Train to Madness
2. What Lies in the Shadows
3. Piskumany
4. Wake Up Call
5. Peace on Earth Remix
6. Batidas Por Minuto
7. Twisted Parameters
8. Klassic-Al
9. Z.Zora

We start off with a very mystical intro of the first track, with sounds from an old amusement fair. Then, a massive bass line with a pumping, heaving atmosphere rumbles out of nowhere, followed by a deep and rumbling voice that could have come from the underworld itself. A man speaks of the returned genius.
What characterizes this album is the intense dark rumbling sound of Kemic-Al’s imagination. It’s a deep world of horror, joy, frightening sounds and beautiful, pumping, dark beats. The first track is really the whole essence of “Kemic-Al - Twisted Parameters”.

What lies in the shadows? Whatever lies in your imagination, right? Kemic-Al seems to be pushing himself hard to make the listener move into his dark and trippy world of strange voice and sound samples that make the listener forget what heaven sounds like. This sounds odd, I know, but it works.

This isn’t your average album that follows a common structure. It plays with your mind, health and stability. It’s bouncy, scary and huge! It sounds “underground” and it is underground, with its intense energy, massive, hulking structure and complex multiple layers. For the sample lover there is more than enough to feast your ears on. There are so many different sound samples, like the simple, but oh-so-genius “brushing your teeth”. If you are fond of lots of cool movie and sound snippets, this should work for you. Actually, the sound samples in general used in this album are so enormous that it would take me days to write about all of them. Of course, we have seen many artists that abuse samples and, unfortunately ruin their otherwise good albums, but Kemic-Al manages to use these samples in such a comfortable way, that they almost melt into the tracks.

As the albums spins in your CD-player, you will get tired. Although it is a masterpiece of a dark twisted world, I do miss some light in-between the darkness. Some floating pieces of light in the tunnel would be great. Because this album will not let you go, it will not let you breathe. Its intensions seem to be that it wants you to crack your head open against the wall. It wants you to suffocate, to make you understand that it is lethal. And you are just mortal.

The second last track on the album is another twisted dark track that brings you in to a more playful world of classical melodies and instruments.. I am of course talking about the powerful “Classic-Al”. Here, Cheech Martin, famous from the “Cheech and Chong” franchise makes sure that if you don’t like Kemic-Al’s music, then you can kiss his furry little butt. And after that speech, the classical piano jumps in. The piano is just a tool for Kemic-Al now, playing with the buttons making the world of Kemic-Al go Twisted.

After a hard pumping session Kemic-Al turns “soft” with a slow track of 90 bpm.
Now, this track isn’t bad per se. But it doesn’t speak to me. It’s seems a bit too easily made, and he seems a bit too carried away with the strange atmosphere that he has given us throughout out the album. But as a finishing piece to a dark and epic album like this, it’s acceptable!

“You humans, sometimes it’s hard to imagine how you made it this far”

Overall, this album is as mentioned. Dark, twisted, and energetic. It’s a massive psychedelic work, with tons of layers, depth and atmosphere. This is an artist who does not care about appealing to everyone, about normal standards, boring beats and unoriginality. This is an album seemingly inspired by earlier acts such as Xenomorph, Delta and the likes.
The baseline is in the same style of artists such as Hujaboy, Fungus funk, Bug Funk, Psykovski and other “PsyCore” acts. But more bouncy and creative. The production is clean and very professional, but somehow still manages to come off as dark and dirty.
Highly recommended for fans of the darker side of psytrance!

-psytones
Kemic-Al
Kemic-Al

Started Topics :  12
Posted : Apr 12, 2005 18:44

Nice honest review thanks,

Thanks to all ... REspeCTTTT
Pt.
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  236
Posted : Apr 13, 2005 14:06
My pleasure man! Keep up your twisted and psychedelic music
Would also be nice to see some "lighter" tracks from you in the future Aldo. As long as you keep the cheese away that is.

psytones
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Kemic-Al - Twisted Parameters (Butterfly Records 2005) CD
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance