Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Kemic-Al - The Dark Journal (Butterfly Records 2006) CD
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Kemic-Al - The Dark Journal (Butterfly Records 2006) CD

FrodOhm
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  32
Posted : Jun 3, 2006 14:28
All the best to Aldo and Mc for putting their minds togheter and creating such a epic piece!

A well desvered review should be up shortly after i pick up whats left of my head and reconstruct it!

BoM

Butterfly Records
Butterfly Records

Started Topics :  8
Posted : Jun 4, 2006 15:04

Thanks to ALL !! for the comments and reviews ....

We would like to point out that on this link here >>> http://people.tribe.net/kemic-al you can Download the track list sleeve for the album, (Siutable for DJs)

Thanks & enjoY D trip

Psychedelia & Evolution
Butterfly Rec.
          http://studio-construction.blogspot.com/

NEW KEMIC-AL ALBUM IS COOKING !

http://www.myspace.com/butterfly_records http://www.myspace.com/kemicalbutterflyrecords[/b]
insane
Silent Horror

Started Topics :  67
Posted : Jun 5, 2006 14:57
perfect masterpiece ..
this album has broken tha boundaries of single trax without continuity and without story..
this is true dark spirit..
love it
aldo, big respect, keep making such stories ,,need more and more..
Boooooooom!
DAHAKA

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Jun 6, 2006 20:46
I just love it!!! A very "GOD" ALBUM kemical best
Hidroponik
Arahat

Started Topics :  27
Posted : Jun 8, 2006 01:26
i really like this album alot, i've only listened to it once so i don't have specifics for my review yet, but i intend to listen to it all the way through again on our road trip this weekend.

thanks for the concept album, its a very refreshing idea!!           We are all family. We put the fun in disfunctional.
-PsyCircle on Tribe-
http://tribes.tribe.net/psycircle
- Arahat -
www.psycircle.com
www.myspace.com/hidropatchbay
www.myspace.com/arahat
www.myspace.com/monksofmadness
AciD LoveR
Jun

Started Topics :  10
Posted : Jun 8, 2006 21:37

Congratulation Kemic-al u r on the way!!!
joga

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Jun 10, 2006 17:39
killer albom
Phoboss

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Jun 11, 2006 17:14
wery wery tasty album

Congratulations on this and meny meny more my friend . . .

boom

Adam H
Para Halu

Started Topics :  17
Posted : Jun 20, 2006 17:56
verry nice album, keep up the good work
          www.parahalu.net
SofiaX
SofiaX

Started Topics :  22
Posted : Jun 25, 2006 15:58
All the best Aldo

Great work !!!!

www.myspace.com/djane_sofiax
http://spaces.msn.com/sofiaxfairy
www.magnetikagency.com
Mental Cruelty Records
www.moonsun-records.com
www.geomagnetic.tv
www.psybertribe.org
www.insomnia-records.ru
www.discovalleyrecords.com
Scoop

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Jun 27, 2006 03:26
I'm in loved with this great original album,
it really takes you to a magical dark adventure.

Excellent work
Yellow Warrior
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  35
Posted : Jun 27, 2006 11:59
Just listening to it on the radio, Super effort!!

Now, go back to the studio and make us more!

Good Luck!!           Rather than feeling that you're about to have the rug pulled from under you, let me teach you how to dance on a flying carpet
mudpeople
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  113
Posted : Jul 4, 2006 01:46
my 2 cents,
cut and pasted from tribe.net

Recently I received my copy of the Dark Journal, and after a couple listens I can say it is one of my favorite albums! An atmospheric, classical piece joined with some spooky storytelling-through-trance. Ive always been a bit interested in VLad Tepes and vampire mythology. A trance album dedicated to that was not something I could go without! I really feel the emotions in the music, a sense of frustration, and ultimately rage, but through it all a sense of having given up something, or having something taken away. I cant wait to listen deeper and find the little things in the album that are not so obvious on first listens! Thanks for this bit of amazement!

Joe

thanks again Aldo!
Kemic-Al
Kemic-Al

Started Topics :  12
Posted : Jul 17, 2006 14:10

Thanks and respect to you all, I am extrimly happy that you are enjoy the music along with the story etc etc

Has anyone found the hidden message yet !! ??

Fragletrollet
Fragletrollet

Started Topics :  111
Posted : Jul 20, 2006 04:19
Hi there! This is my first review, so dont really know if its going to help anyone, but lets go

Welcome To My Home...
We move into dark territories. Some nice strings and dark atmospheres and a creepy voicesample right before we are thrown into...

The Hostage
Not invisible, but subtle and atmospheric kick/bass combo, wich really makes things moving for me. Nice strings and freaky fxmelodies all through. A very nice drumloop gets the groove going allong with the groovy semimelodic fx-work playing along with funky kickrolls and a smooth bassline constanly rolling. More nice atmospheric work at the end, before we hear a little introduction to
Vlad, the Impaler. Great track.

Birth of Justice - Part 1
Following the path up to the castle... Its going fast, we are followed by demons. More fx-work is added, playing along, and the bass is changing at a smooth rate along with more heifty kickrolls.
The nice snareloop comes back, adding to the groove. Kinda feels like marching

Birth Of Justice - Part 2
Intensity coming back, along with some nice fxwork adding to the atmosphere in the background.
Still same kick/bass-combo as the previous tracks, wich goes for all the tracks on the cd. Its a story you know, following a path all the way
We are approaching the castle, entering...

Vlad Dracula
Intensity going down for a moment, making the listener focus more on the horrible screams of pain and agony in the background atmosphere. Your evil, Aldo
More basscvariation, great. Playing along with the kick all the time, but still steady as a moment. Always playing, I love that so much with Kemic-Al's music.
This cd should have been the original soundtrack to the dracula movie, it would have been so much scarier (actually every time Ive tried to see Bram Stokers Dracula I've always fallen asleep, but If this was to be the original soundtrack id actually manage to stay up)
We greet Vlad, before we are thrown into a furious melodic hellride yet again. Time to leave the castle allready, you say? Ah, well have to follow Vlad for a little visitasion to his land then... We are in a land far away from any civilization, things are getting more quite... the track looses intensity, and we glide softly into...

Birth Of Justice - Part 3
Gliding along, into the battlelines... followed by a speech and some creepy organ-play...BOOM!!! were thrown into full speed again, with no warning. Going upwards, reaching for something. Airy fx's, long pitched sounds that really makes the music seem to go slower and slower, even tough the tempo of the tracks always are 148 throughout the album. We are lowered into a torture chamber, screams of despair fills up the dark atmosphere. At the end, more nice fxfunkiness is added, and follow Vlad deeper and deeper into the lands of Transylvania...

Boyars Of Trigoviste
After a little rest, we are lining up again. Nice, strict (and at times modulated) brass-ensamble in the background, as we are approaching the new lands. Bass and kick is going peacefully for a while, until we are thrown into full-power yet again. Nice and playfully we are moving along, even tough the atmosphere is dark as hell. Very atmospheric, the bass goes in waves (best way to describe) along with the airy fx-leads. Approaching the battle soon, I think. No pauses, we are moving along.
Hearing some battle around us, people fighting and screaming.. creepy.

Stakes
A freaky womans voice floats around, and some nice, suble leads adds to the atmosphere for a creepy setting. Very atmospheric all along, even tough the kick/bass always is steady as hell (and variates very often). Quite nice percussionwork, very monotonous and hypnotizing. Wolves crying in the horizon, and aldo's playing more with the bassline.

Accepted Darkness
Approaching light again? Total ego-loss in
bliss? Pfft, just an illusion. Back to the castle might be the answer. Welcomed by a fanfare and drum rolls, we enter the huge gates of Vlad Dracula's huge castle. We get some small breathing pauses here and there, we have accepted the darkness... there is nothing else to do than following on the ride.

Eternal Life
Going deeper, wouldnt like to live in this castle hehe."Come with me, and be immortal" Vlad orders us. More brasswork, wich goes in another tempo/sync with the beat, eich adds to the oddness... Going along, with a steady kick/bass not varying as much as in many of the other tracks. As the track is going to its end we are entering a more mysterious atmosphere, overhearing some conversation and...

Buried Alive
As the title implies, this is no happy-track More percussion work, along with creepy atmospheric pads and acidyfx's. The fx's really adds to the tracks groove, makes it alot more interesting. Other sounds keeps on adding in the same manner, making this a quite danceable track. I miss more playing with the bass and more kickrolls tough, but I guess were in a smoother, more calm part of our voyage... But the fxwork is awsome. Whats really great, is that all the leads very clearly "have a conversation", in a way they keep answering eachother, wich makes a really nice effect... great! Creepy monotounus melody in the background, and we are welcomed with more cinematic strings to...

End Of Journey
The nice snarerolls are back, we have reached the end of our journey... Or so we are led to believe?

Forest of the Impaled
Pft, were up for more! Launched into full power again, with some really powerful leads following the nice snareloop as were marching away. Very "percusssive" way of layering acid/fx-lines, adds alot
to the groove.

The last Battle of the Ottomans
Reaching for the end, but were still up for full power. More fooling around with nasty, freaky leads. We have escaped the castle, but the demons are still close behind. Nice kickrolls before we get to the last part, where a little fanfare salutes us our escape. Did we escape? Kinda sounds more like we were caught up by the stalkers and eaten alive...

---------------------------------------------

What can I say... this has been one hell of a ride. The first time I listened to it, played by Aldo at a party here in Oslo himself, I couldnt really dance to it all through, and I thought it was a bit too monotonous. But as ive listened to the album at home many, many times, I enjoy it really really much. It has a special value through its story-telling, and its difficoult to see the tracks individually, as the are all a part of a story(line). I guess this is also why Aldo chose to recycle many of the elements throughout the album, as they are closely connected. But he does it in a way so it never becomes boring, because everything varies and changes all the time.
That is why I also find it difficoult to "choose" favourites, as the all are a part of a story, and the track alone doesnt really have to matter all that much (if you can understand what I mean). But if I had to choose, wich I dont , I'd go for the early part of the album (especially nr. 2, 3, 5). But I love the album as a whole, but I find it a bit difficoult individually on a dancefloor, even tough Im sure some of the tracks fits much better than others...

All in all, big ups to Aldo, for making such a massive piece of magnificent artwork.

Cheers
Fragle
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Kemic-Al - The Dark Journal (Butterfly Records 2006) CD
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance