Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Jaia - Re:Works (TVRCD026)

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Jaia - Re:Works (TVRCD026)

lara
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  116
Posted : Dec 3, 2009 18:34:26
JAIA - RE:WORKS
http://www.tribalvision.cz

Label: Tribal Vision Records
Cat. No.: TVRCD026
Release Date: November 2009
Format: CD

Tracklist:

1- Mai-Mai (Silicon Sound remix)
2- Drifting Planet (Astronivo & DJ Slater remix)
3- The Milky Way (feat. Aurora Borealis)
4- Electric Sunrise (Even 11 remix)
5- Serial Groover (Jaia live mix)
6- Out of Orbit (Vibrasphere remix)
7- Serial Groover (Kiwa remix)
8- Drifting Planet (Martin Roth remix)
9- L'ivresse Des Profondeurs (Blue Planet Corporation remix)

No way that you can call yourself pure true admirer of progressive trance music If you not enjoyed the sounds of well know, great progressive trance producer under the name "JAIA". Yannis Kamarinos, great legend of mentioned style, after a series of very successful releases, this time brings us huge collaboration with lot of very successful big names like Blue Planet Corporation, Vibrasphere, Silicon Sound, some of, for my term, new awesome producers like Astronivo, Kiwa, Martin Roth, Aurora Borealis, also well know collab project between Jaia and Silicon Sound "Even 11" and of course head cheef of releasing label Tribal vision, DJ Slater. There is few great hits from earlier days that contain today's elemnets of new progressive style with minimalistic touch. I can say that all the remixed version is very much worthy of earlier original ideas. Lately, I'm a big skeptic of remixed tracks version, which can not be said for this release. Except of minimalistic beats and forms in tracks, I'm really glade that producers retained melodious. Of course, no matter of that was one of my favorite tracks, remix of "The Milky Way", on this release, shared the same position as the original version. Simply, this is a theme that always buy me. Other tracks also, contain so much positive energy and beautiful warm colors of sound. All of them play calm and easy flow, but at the same time have club polished and dynamic expression. For my mind, pure enjoyment.
Otherwise, becide lot of housy elements in almost every track I totally like to say that beat at Vibraspheres remake is the best on whole release as for me. Also great background with acid lead from an old great times. Perfection!
Kiwa has become "Mr. Oizo flat beat" in this remix Rubber drive with a drop of break beats. I like it. Totally different approach from other. So, practically, here we pass through different styles. And at the end cup of ambiental spirit by Blue Planet. Nice. According of access to today's electronic music this CD will find the way to the many, different style, cases.
I need to mention that I'm extremely pleased cause Tribal Vision is publisher of this release. I think that sound is more the fit in to their story. Another big, another important!!!
Dance!
Lara
http://www.soundmute-recordings.com

------------------
http://www.soundmute-recordings.com
http://www.facebook.com/smrecordings
http://www.soundcloud.com/soundmute
J
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  193
Posted : Dec 4, 2009 13:33
I'm loving it.
MorNinG MaGiC

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Dec 5, 2009 02:28
some nice tracks in here for sure..!
N-A-S-A
Nasa/The Gnome Effect

Started Topics :  23
Posted : Dec 12, 2009 09:56
Mai Mai is the absolute best Jaia track ever, and while I think Silicon Sound did some great work here, it still pales in comparison.

But this whole release is absolutely solid, pretty much everything is top notch. Great work!           http://www.facebook.com/nasa.tranceproject
http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/inm/inm1cd036.html
http://www.junodownload.com/products/1537910-02.htm
https://www.beatport.com/en-US/html/content/release/detail/222773/unique#
klaxer
Koan / Vacuum Stalkers

Started Topics :  11
Posted : Dec 12, 2009 12:29
My best wishes to Yanis! Congratulations!

Very-very-very solid and long awaited album.

Linus
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  15
Posted : Dec 17, 2009 22:58
Not been writing here for a long long time, but this release made me completely fall in love again.
The Vibrasphere remix of out of orbit is completely stunning!
Amazing work from both the remixing artists and Jaia, which will always be one of the greatest milestones in my musical experience! Thanks!
Slater
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  131
Posted : Dec 22, 2009 15:43
Thanks everyone for such a nice feedback. I would just like to add here a link to another thread on Isratrance where we are offering an exclusive unreleased track from Jaia to those who buy this album (or at least some tracks at Beatport). Please read the instructions here: http://forum.isratrance.com/jaia-new-album-remix-cd-and-some-more-news-tribal-vision-records/page2/           Out now:
*V.A. - Vanguard vol. 3 compiled by Duca & DJ Slater
Djones
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  267
Posted : Dec 22, 2009 17:13
Very nice album.
Diggin that housy track by Martin Roth a lot!
Bom*shankar
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  19
Posted : Dec 23, 2009 22:27
had a preview listen- ordered!
Bom*shankar
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  19
Posted : Jan 2, 2010 07:38
this is so fuckin good.

there should be 10 pages about this one. not about infected mushrooms.

Mai Mai remix, track 2, track 3, vibrasphere remix & BPC remix are so beautiful. Also Martin Roth & Kiwa are good stuff. no bad tracks here. very rare to find cd with so much good tracks this days. highly recommended. beautiful dance music....
full_on
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  279
Posted : Jan 4, 2010 18:52
Very good release from Tribal Vision, it managed to be a nice successor to the highly acclaimed Solid Snake album.

My favorite right now is the Silicon Sound remix to Mai Mai, though I feel it could be even better. The original has 145 bpm if I'm not mistaken, but this remix clocks at only 127... This suggests there is a lot of room for improvement (do me a favor and pretend this last sentence makes some sense ).

I still have to find the time to listen more to this release, but as far as it goes Jaia delivered high quality and good taste once again.

Edit: Anyone knows what is said in the Mai Mai samples, or this sample source, or what Mai Mai means?
Respect!
...Be gentle with the earth...
...Dance like nobody's watching...
...I don't mind not going to Heaven, as long as they've got Coffee in Hell...
pr0fane
Multiphase

Started Topics :  418
Posted : Jan 5, 2010 13:10
Best track is by far the Vibrasphere remix - what a wonderful, euphoric and positive tune. Instant classic!

The remixes from Astronivo & DJ Slater, Martin Roth, Silicon Sound (although I was maybe expected something more energetic) and Even 11 as well as "The Milky Way" are also high quality. Can't wait for the real Jaļa-album.

Thumbs up for the bonus remix as well by the way. Great idea.          DJ pr0fane (Iboga Records) | Multiphase
www.sunrisesupplies.com | www.iboga.dk | www.soundcloud.com/pr0fane
full_on
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  279
Posted : Jan 5, 2010 16:45
Quote:

On 2010-01-05 13:10, pr0fane wrote:
Best track is by far the Vibrasphere remix - what a wonderful, euphoric and positive tune. Instant classic!

+1
As usual, pr0fane is right. The Out of Orbit rmx is a very involving tune.
Respect!
...Be gentle with the earth...
...Dance like nobody's watching...
...I don't mind not going to Heaven, as long as they've got Coffee in Hell...
Gui Milani
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  59
Posted : Jan 7, 2010 13:51
Again, I AM REALLY PROUD AND THANKFULL FOR BEING INTO TRIBAL VISION“S CREW, and this album shows to the World the power that Slater has to compile such a great remixes comp, with different kinds of music and all of them QUALITY! Even a Mai Mai (Jaia old psytrance tune, Kali if I am not wrong right?) remix by Silicon Sound, GORGEOUS!

THANK YOU BIG BOSS!           http://soundcloud.com/guimilani/
shahar
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  155
Posted : Jan 10, 2010 07:32
Jaia- Re:Works (Tribal Vision, Dec. 2009)
1. Mai Mai (Silicon Sound remix) 127bpm 9:03
2. Drifting Planet (Astronivo & DJ Slater remix) 128bpm 9:12
3. The Milky Way (feat. Aurora Borealis) 130bpm 8:36
4. Electric Sunrise (Even 11 remix) 128bpm 8:27
5. Serial Groover (Jaia live mix) 130bpm 8:40
6. Out of Orbit (Vibrasphere remix) 132bpm 8:16
7. Serial Groover (Kiwa remix) 133bpm 6:55
8. Drifting Planet (Martin Roth remix) 126bpm 10:17
9. L'invresse des Profondeurs (Blue Planet Corporation remix) 107bpm 8:12

Digital release bonus:
10. Hypnostatique (Jimmy Van M remix)
11. Out of Control (Kliment remix)

Jaia was always one of my favorite groups. My first Jaia was the classic Mohamour in Goa Vibes 3, but I really fell in love when I first heard the timeless Mai Mai in 1998 at a party (and squeezed the name of the track from the DJ), continued with the beautiful Blue Energy album and later the re-release of the 2CD Blue Energy/Blue Synergy, and totally consolidated with the amazing Le Chant Des Sirenes from Dakini's Sky Dancing- Nada Masala vol. 2. What did it to me was the dream quality the music always had that made it sound as if coming from another dimension, and the beautiful melodies and harmonies. Then Jean Michel left, and only Yannis was Jaia, and in 2005, after releasing the occasional compilation track, Fiction was released in Digital Structures. I liked it, it was a quality album and I still play it, but the connection wasn't the same, and maybe it was I who wasn't the same. So when a Jaia remix album on the quality Tribal Vision, coming as a warm up to a next Jaia album named The Dreamwalker landed here, I had to check it, especially with remixes to Mai Mai & L'invresse des Profondeurs (originally on the first Sky Dancing).
Making remix albums can be tricky, but this one is just good. It has good music, it flows, it feels as one unit, and it's clear it belongs to Jaia. It's an album, rather then a compilation.

It starts with the obvious, as Silicon Sound goes for Mai Mai- remixing a perfect track isn't easy, someone is always gonna be disappointed, but the outcome here is just good. It keeps the dreamy caressing quality and old school feel, but paints it in today's sounds and makes it more dancefloor friendly. Next follows a hypnotic remix by Astronivo and the man behind Tribal Vision, DJ Slater. I don't know the original but the remix here is one of my favourites. Then Yannis goes back to work with classic material. Aurora Borealis was a huge hit from 1994. I used to love the original and even more the Lunatic Acid mix (ancients like me might remember it from Kasbah's Trance Side of the Moon). The remix (T3) is a beautiful work, a great amalgamation of old and new. Very acid. Touches the heart and makes you wanna move. A smashing trio opener. Vibrasphere remix a track from the upcoming album, Out of Orbit (T6), and this combination of Vibrasphere & Jaia works beautifully and the outcome is a beautiful morphing of old and new that really touches me deep inside- a perfect sunrise track. One of those that bring tears to your eyes dancing in front of the rising sun. Besides that, if this is a sign of the coming Jaia album, then we're in for a treat. A real good appetizer here. Kiwa go electro on us, with their remix to Serial Groover (T7) and change the tone here, but it's a good one, and the live mix from Jaia (T5) is also real nice. Martin Roth gives another hypnotic dancefloor mover with the second remix to Drifting Planet (T8). Another favourite. The CD ends with a remix to L'invresse des Profondeurs. The original appears on Dakini's Sky Dancing- Nada Masala vol. 1- a beautiful dreamy track only Jaia could make. BPC's remix is a very nice one keeping the dream feel of the original in an old school downtempo feel and sound. I like it a lot and it makes you wanna repeat your listening experience.

For those who go for digital there are extra two remixes. They're both nice, but they were left out of the CD for a reason, I guess. I don't feel the CDs is missing something for not having them.

Recommendation: Excellent remix album. Six very good to excellent tracks out of nine, that's a real achievement these days. The rest is good stuff as well. Highly recommended musical journey with some classic moments to remember. Waiting for the coming Jaia album.
Favorites: 1(!!), 2, 3(!), 6(!!), 8, 9(!).

---------------------------------------------
"Be the change you want to see in the world!"
M.K. Gandhi

"There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that's your own self."
Aldous Huxley

Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Jaia - Re:Works (TVRCD026)

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance