Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Inner Action - Liquid Hologram (Procyon 2005)
← Prev Page
1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Inner Action - Liquid Hologram (Procyon 2005)

Puzzle
Puzzle

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Nov 9, 2005 20:51
Hey Roy and Nico !! The album its for sure a BLAST !!! really nice groove basslines , beautiful melodies and for sure an ATOMIC VIBE !! i really enjoy the tracks 2 , 5 , 7 , 3 ..they are my favorite ones . all of them melting the old and the new style , really powerfull dance ..i enjoy all you guys work , keep the tunning UP !!

Danny

BOOM
Sensay

Started Topics :  7
Posted : Nov 9, 2005 21:59
Great Debut Album by InnerAction. Great Sound Excelent quality of production. Love that European Sound with that IsraTouch. Private Party and ElectricShadow the best of the album.
I might add a Refined Live Act. Saw them no long ago and the were killers.

Keep Blasting the DanceFloors. Best of luck to Roy and Nico.

Sensay
Acidhive
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  76
Posted : Nov 10, 2005 11:28
Quote:

On 2005-11-09 21:59, Sensay wrote:
I might add a Refined Live Act. Saw them no long ago and the were killers.

How come you´re still alive then?           "Subconscious unravels at the point of death, and all time it has known erupts into a moment. As death extinguishes us, so we become it."

[Esoteric: Subconscious Dissolution Into The Continuum]
Mogg
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  53
Posted : Nov 10, 2005 14:43
Hey guys good production level for first album already!! Congratulations!

Really nice flow between the songs!

For me there is no best track in this album because i can only comment it has a hole piece not separated by songs. One thing im sure is that this is a very good flow has i said before and the songs feet perfectly on each other.

Good way to start your carrear mates, hope u continue blasting with your new productions!

Bye, Paulo.
Fraktadelik

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Nov 10, 2005 20:46
Quote:

On 2005-10-26 19:04, PKS wrote:
Procyon Records based in Budapest, Hungary, keeps pushing out full on psytrance, mostly of the melodic kind, but in a night time way. Here with their third release which is the first artist album on this label. A duo called Inner Action (Roy Engel & Nico Shahaf) from Barcelona, Spain. They have previously released several tracks on various compilations, on labels such as Neurobiotic, Pukka Music, 3D Vision and Mind Control. Here they are finally out with their debut album.

Inner Action “Liquid Hologram” Procyon Records 2005 (PROCYCD003)

1. Liquid Hologram
2. Inside
3. Crazy Sequence
4. The Future Is Now
5. Private Party
6. Electronic Shadow
7. Blast
8. The Vision
9. Silver Stone

Here is something for those of you who want something fast, intense and totally full on. This is not the usual darkpsy style, still definitely something for the night. Quite melodic, but in a rough way. Far away from cheese or any clubby influences like we get on a lot of full on releases these days. Here we get the style you will find on labels such as 3D Vision. Massive tracks with full on power from beginning to end. Some of these tracks have a lot of “take offs”, just like GMS usually deliver. Track 5 is made together with another 3D Vision artist, Central Processing Unit (Samy Guediche). Still, this track goes the same direction. My favourite track on this compilation is track 7 (Blast), which has a pretty hypnotic melody that should fit perfect on the dance floors worldwide in the late hours. Also the last track on the album is pretty nice. I missed some more variation between the tracks, because here you get the same full on style in all the tracks.

The debut album by Inner Action is something for those of you who like the full on style you find on 3D Vision. Nine powerfull tracks that will for sure work on the full on dancefloors, luckily without too fluffy ingredients. Not too many new ideas here, but nice to see some psytrance coming out of Spain.
PKS

More reviews at:

http://www.trance.net

Hello my friend PKS....I thought these guys were Nitzan Shachaf and Roy Engel from Yokneam, Israel. Was I wrong? Please let me know. These guys ROCK!!! My personal favs: 3,5,7. Regards from sunny Cancun
          See you on the Trancefloor!!
PKS
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  75
Posted : Nov 11, 2005 10:14
Quote:

Hello my friend PKS....I thought these guys were Nitzan Shachaf and Roy Engel from Yokneam, Israel. Was I wrong? Please let me know.

This album was produced in Spain, but you may be right that they are from Israel originally. Ask the Procyon crew...           CHILL TRIBE
CTRCD01 QUALITY RELAXATION
CTRCD02 RELAXED JOURNEYS
CTRCD03 EAR PLEASURE
CTRCD04 WOMBATMUSIC - Shameful Silence
CTRCD05 POLYPLOID - Grow Your Own
CTRCD06 IAN ION - Gringo Locomotion
CTRCD07 SUNKINGS - Before We Die
psy_greg
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  18
Posted : Nov 11, 2005 16:10
i love this album to bits, gonna be killing the dancefloor in new york with it this weekend, keep up the hard work boys. looking forward to some more the 3 mousqeteros! all the best with this release.

greg
Jah_One

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Nov 11, 2005 16:55
9 tracks that sound like one, broing. stop it.
x-control
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  10
Posted : Nov 12, 2005 11:04
Quote:

On 2005-11-11 16:55, Jah_One wrote:
9 tracks that sound like one, broing. stop it.

i agree all tracks sounds like one.there is no creativity here at all
borring           beat after... beat after...beat...
kameleonpangea36
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  77
Posted : Nov 12, 2005 17:47
this album is solid.i enjoy theyre sound, yes many of the tracks sound similar but one or two in a set will really add a nice punch, a 2 hour live might be a bit much though,

its melodic, tweaky, dark, groovy, bouncy, drivin full-on. its a new sound blending an old school vibe in a new school way. will be playing this for a while.           
label: www.pureperceptionrecords.org
design: www.designsbymattbryson.com
soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/kameleon-pangea
ATLEF
The Papuna

Started Topics :  17
Posted : Nov 14, 2005 16:29
hi roy and nico
last month we had inner action album released party here in japan,it was amazing
inner action live set from the start until the end the ppl,the crowd was geting mad
u all need to under stand that this album, it's just the begining.....
if u will hear the new stuff that this guys working on now,u all will make kaka in the pents
just want to wish u 2 good luck with this new album,amazing music,
keep working hard,all the best inner guys and procyon crew

keep on the beat
the papuna
http://heart-of-trance.com
full_on
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  279
Posted : Nov 19, 2005 00:25
Inner Action - Liquid Hologram -=- Procyon Records

Inner Action is Nitzan Schahaf and Roy Engel, both from the same town at Israel, however the meet in the USA and now live and produce the music in Barcelona, Spain. Their first track that called my attention was People of Light released on the first Mind Control Records' compilation.

This is Procyon Records' third release, the two previous releases were compilations released almost 2 years ago, which means Procyon crew spent a long time searching for their first Artist album release.

The bpm of each track is printed on the CD case insert sleeve. The mastering was made by Lior Perlmutter (Astral Projection) and sounds nice.

Cover: The cover shows an abstract picture, something like a ball of fire going into hyperspace.
http://212.227.206.198/cgi-bin/zoom.cgi?pry1cd003_b.jpg:CDs/pry/pry1cd003.html:;

Tracklist

1. Liquid Hologram - 145
2. Inside - 145
3. Crazy Sequence - 145
4. The Future Is Now - 145
5. Private Party - 145
6. Electronic Shadow - 144
7. Blast - 145
8. The Vision - 148
9. Silver Stone - 145

Let's zoom into each track:

1. Liquid Hologram --> The album starts at 145 bpm, some effects and noises, an average bass line. Everything become more interesting after the sample:

"The following program contain some strong strange language,
if you're easily offended please turn off your radio now. If not, turn it up!"

An intense bass line strikes and we got some very danceable dance floor madness... It goes nice until the "slower part" in the middle of the track, which I didn't liked (a matter of taste). The build up after at the end is nice, remembered me of Vibe Tribe - Liberation, maybe remixed by CPU. Anyway nice track, don't forget: Turn it up!

2. Inside --> Right at the start there's a fat bass line with a night touch on it. Some interesting ideas in the track development, but I think that the middle could be better. The end is appropriated, night stuff, reminds me of Absolum and CPU.

3. Crazy Sequence --> Another dark tune this time more steady. The flow is nice, some trippy effects and continuous bass lines. A wicked melody appear sometimes, but nothing new under the sun.

4. The Future Is Now --> Now this track is my style: intense full on. It sure makes me dance, and when I want to stop there comes an stronger bassline... Nice feeling after the sample: "This is part of this dream..." The guys used an weird approach in the end, the different layers of sounds works just fine. One of my favorites on this debut album, effective on the dance floor.

5. Private Party --> This track is a collaboration with CPU and one of the best here. I heard it was played on many Festivals all around the globe. The 145 bpm here sounds much slower until the characteristic sample: "This is a private party and you're not invited." The bass after the sample shake me. Everybody seems to like this track, however the slower part in the middle does not please me. No problem, the end is just as nice as the beginning, making this try high above the average. Good one!

6. Electronic Shadow --> This is the slower track here, 144 bpm. My kind of track, starts with a nice sample:

"- Just think about:
Our whole world is sitting on the computer, it's in the computer.
Everything, everyone's story is like that little electronic shadow of each one of us...
It maintain records of your social security, your credicard, medical history...
It's all right there."

Dark bass line, it's distortion disturbs me... This track is night full on, I already heard it at parties and it works. Different bass lines and twisted sounds.

7. Blast --> Another dark tune, it didn't catch me. Some cool effects, but overall not my style. One thing I got to say: the bassline is different from the rest here.

8. The Vision --> This track is 148 bpm, the faster here. I think the effects really fit the bass. Nice unpredictable psychedelia here... Cool and almost melodic synths, this track is a nice journey!

9. Silver Stone --> At first I didn't liked this track, but with time it grew on me... Now I'm always pressing fast forward in the end of the previous track to listen this one. I guess it's the sample that I can't understand or maybe the whole track history, I don't know... What I know is that it makes me dance! Sure a nice way to end this debut album... Keep making stuff like this one!

The track PKS likes the most is Blast, which happens to be the track I really don't like here. This reflects our differences in taste, but also is a sign that the overall production is good.

Verdict: 7/10. Inner Action's debut is more night music than what I had imagined. Good production level, some interesting ideas and effectiveness on the dance floors are the strong points of this debut. I recommend it for the full on DJ who also plays dark music (or vice-versa), because some tracks can be played in both cases. What could be improved is that the release contains only 9 tracks, which leave room for at least one more track or remix. Also some ideas could be better explored and developed into something more unique and more diversified.

Favorites: 1, 4(!), 5(!), 6(!), 8, 9(!).

Buy it here:
http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/pry/pry1cd003.html
http://www.beatspace.com/dettagli/dettaglio.asp?id=2225
http://www.saikosounds.com/english/display_release.asp?id=4994

Respect!           .
...Be gentle with the earth...
...Dance like nobody's watching...
...I don't mind not going to Heaven, as long as they've got Coffee in Hell...
droid
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  20
Posted : Dec 1, 2005 15:40
well, is the first one.....more is coming
stay tuned
the inner guys will be one of the top acts in the future

they are playing live in our New Year´s eve party in Barcelona

bolenat!!!
Dragongurl
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  19
Posted : Dec 1, 2005 16:35
Wonderful!!! Thanks for a super album! No complaints here!           :: Life can be as bitter as dragon tears
But whether dragon tears are bitter or sweet
depends entirely on how each man perceives the taste ::
Boohna

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Dec 1, 2005 19:51
Absolutely killah album! Good Job guys!

Inside,Private Party hehehe
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Inner Action - Liquid Hologram (Procyon 2005)
← Prev Page
1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance